• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
:ultSimon:

Let's go, boiz!

With Simon in, we have pretty much every NES A-lister 3rd party in the game except for like, Ryu Hayubusa.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
MFW I hear the Galaga medley instead. :evil:

Anyway, I seen a leak from tehponycorn's batch of yesterday's leaks that said there would be a music update that would hint at the newcomer.

I guess the source was right. Good thing that leak caught my attention.

I cannot wait to see Simon in action!

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Welp, got to the video through the Galaga Remix on the official website, so that's legit lol.

I guess we know why we didn't get any music tonight

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
this site is moving slower than erosion, I'm just gonna dip out and come back after the direct and be all AKOINLIFRBXJCAYGFVJTVFNTYJFTYJGJN

peace

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why the Galaga remix though? That's not Konami...
Probably a mix-up, but the fact it’s even titled “Bloody Tears” is a point in Simon’s favor

Speaking of anyone able to prod around and find more unlisted music tracks?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well...

That's an embarrassing way to go out.

Let's see if we get ourselves someone else.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Try not to be like this guy -0:33-.
This is almost me in a nutshell for tomorrow. Smash For Life for that Direct my brothas & sistas!

EDIT: BUT!...keep your expectations low. You may not know what's coming.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Probably a mix-up, but the fact it’s even titled “Bloody Tears” is a point in Simon’s favor

Speaking of anyone able to prod around and find more unlisted music tracks?
Every song on the official Smash website is an unlisted link. This one is still the Galaga Remix, but for some reason they changed the title to the next song in, which is super weird

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's a Galaga song... but it's called Bloody Tears.

1531534312060.jpg

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay, so I was trying to figure out just what is going on with Vergeben and loz. I do know that loz was pretty much one of only two people (the other being an anonymous 4chan leaker) that got everything concerning E3 right. But outside of Simon Belmont, Isabelle, and a vague Gen 7 rep (heavily implied to be Incineroar from some other people), we really do not know much of anything. We don't even know if Isabelle will be an Echo.

And apparently, there was yet another source stating no King K. Rool or Dixie Kong. Now that I definitely do not believe. At the bloody least, given how heavily requested these two were, it's safe to say we're getting at least one of them. But apparently, neither Vergeben nor loz seem trustworthy of said source?

Seriously, what is going on, and what is the update so far with Vergeben? Summed up, if you please?

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
This shouldn't be a 100% confirmation. Remember, Galaga and Snipperclips have pieces of brand new music, but no fighters.
It's basically a 99.9999% confirmation though. Hell yeah, happy to see Simon in Smash.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Well ain't that something.

Just to remind everyone. Verg isn't super open about his sources, but Simon is not a guarantee of Isabelle, Incineroar or no DK. This is enough for me to say don't write him off entirely, though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I wanted to start playing the Casltevania games soon.

Now would be a perfect time to start.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Or perhaps this is one of those fake leaks Sakurai is doing to purposely throw people off track. /GameThoery

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This is not only bad because they ruined the surprise for tomorrow, it's also bad because we already knew about Simon and we will have to wait months again for another reveal (probably Isabelle or Incineroar lol).

I want to know Bandana Dee's fate already, show me those ATs, Sakurai!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Mod Edit: Please do not post images that have uncensored swearing in them.

TFW you accidentally leaked Simon

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
My only question is...

WHY reveal Simon in a Smash Direct and not at E3?

And will we also get Isabelle tomorrow as well? Verg is very staunch about his feelings on playable Isabelle.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Someone messed up lol. Though I was expecting a reveal at the beginning, an echo reveal somewhere inbetween, and a reveal at the end. Hopefully that stays true.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hopefully there's more than one reveal tomorrow. I'm gonna be really upset if our only reveal just got spoiled.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay, so I was trying to figure out just what is going on with Vergeben and loz. I do know that loz was pretty much one of only two people (the other being an anonymous 4chan leaker) that got everything concerning E3 right. But outside of Simon Belmont, Isabelle, and a vague Gen 7 rep (heavily implied to be Incineroar from some other people), we really do not know much of anything. We don't even know if Isabelle will be an Echo.

And apparently, there was yet another source stating no King K. Rool or Dixie Kong. Now that I definitely do not believe. At the bloody least, given how heavily requested these two were, it's safe to say we're getting at least one of them. But apparently, neither Vergeben nor loz seem trustworthy of said source?

Seriously, what is going on, and what is the update so far with Vergeben? Summed up, if you please?
You've pretty much got the gist with Verg. Simon, Ridley and no cuts come from one of his sources, while I believe Isabelle comes from another, Incineroar from a third and no DK from a fourth, though Verg thinks this part is BS.

How Loz fits in here, I don't know yet. Loz has backed up both Simon and Isabelle when Verge mentions them. We don't know his stance on the Pokemon and he disagrees on DK content. Loz has a better track record so there's probably some realm where both are right. I'm just trying to figure out what that looks like.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Bloody Tears is such a good song I won't even be salty if it's all the Castlevania content there is

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
In before the Castlevania music is merely today's music and we are left confused.

But really whoever runs the site needs firing. I wouldn't be surprised if they leaked the entire roster updating the thing after tomorrow at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom