• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
How likely do you think it is we will get a delay announcement? I haven't even thought about it until some "leaks"mentioned it. I mean this Smash is Nintendo's holidays big hit so I find it unlikely. However, what if Sakurai and their team don't make it for December? It is a really scary possibility

osby

Smash Obsessed
How likely do you think it is we will get a delay announcement? I haven't even thought about it until some "leaks"mentioned it. I mean this Smash is Nintendo's holidays big hit so I find it unlikely. However, what if Sakurai and their team don't make it for December? It is a really scary possibility
From what I've seen it seems like a small possibility but if it does get delayed, we'll get a more polished version of the game at release.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I think that's why they waited so long to even announce the game was being made and they were confident enough to give a date, meaning the game's development has gone very smoothly and they're likely wrapping everything up after giving everything some extra polish, games usually go gold a month before release or so too

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I really don't think Smash will be delayed. With a December release, they are quite close to gold it as we speak. They are surely working on debugging it.
Doing a whole new Direct about it shows that Nintendo is very confident about the game, so that they doubke down on it.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Pls no delays

I honestly feel that nintendo wouldnt want to do that. This is going to be a system seller and the reveal of the date its coming out was a big part of the trailer too having a bunch of build up.
They know better than to just go "but uh sorry guys wait about another 5 months"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I would rather my most wanted character shown as an assist trophy over in the Direct, they show off a huge real of Assist Trophies but Shadow, Ashley, Isabelle, Isaac, Dark Samus and all the other common AT to playable character choices aren't there. The speculation would be so intense.

Staarih

Smash Master
Smash Ultimate is THE holiday title for Nintendo. I don't think it would go down well if it was delayed. Nintendo seems to be on point with release dates though, and for better or worse, they'll just release the game and add content updates later on (like with many of their other games, ARMS was pretty bare bones at first, for example).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, I've been having a hard time deciding on who my first wanted is but lately I've been leaning more and more towards Dillon. To replicate the tower defense elements of his game he could focus on stage control. Lobbing a stick of dynamite would lend itself well to that. They could also make his run speed slow but allow his rolling side special to cancle into short hop aerials to make up for that, giving him some unique rushown options.

I can't wait for him to be confirmed as an assist trophy tomorrow!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, I've been having a hard time deciding on who my first wanted is but lately I've been leaning more and more towards Dillon. To replicate the tower defense elements of his game he could focus on stage control. Lobbing a stick of dynamite would lend itself well to that. They could also make his run speed slow but allow his rolling side special to cancle into short hop aerials to make up for that, giving him some unique rushown options.

I can't wait for him to be confirmed as an assist trophy tomorrow!
I'm so sorry dude, I'm pretty sure Dillon popped up as an Assist Trophy at E3 multiple times

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
No way the game gets delayed. As far as 1st Party games go, it's basically Smash, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and Mario Party. That's it.

And this hasn't exactly been 2017 in terms of big games - BotW, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, etc.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really mind if the game gets delayed, I don't think I will get the Switch until the game comes out, and even then I'm not sure if I'll get the game at launch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Then... Did I hallucinate seeing Dillon? **** does that mean I hallucinated Ridley? The Masked Dedede final smash? Oh god OH GOD
Maybe you saw Knuckles and your memory of it got hazy? He's red, curls into a ball, and was in the demo.

Anyway I'm making sure not to get too attached anyway. And honestly, I'm a rare member of the camp who believes that an assist trophy is still better than nothing (although it does squander their chances of getting in as DLC a bit).

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I just checked. Dillon is most definitely in the same position Shadow, Dark Samus, Isaac, Ashley and Sable Prince are in. His AT hasn't been shown yet
You're forgetting someone
It's skullkid, idk why smash board images show up as a tv screen with a x

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No way the game gets delayed. As far as 1st Party games go, it's basically Smash, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and Mario Party. That's it.

And this hasn't exactly been 2017 in terms of big games - BotW, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, etc.
Which is fine because the Switch has gotten a goofy amount of ports and is getting even more and, unlike the Wii, a vast majority of them are really good games that most people thought would never see the light of day on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo can easily ride this season out while prepping stuff for 2019/2020 because third parties actually have them pretty well covered for a change.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah I don't think we have to worry about a delay. We are getting a Smash-only Direct in early August which is something I'd expect in October at the earliest. They are definitely doing very well.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai could be all ''I'm delaying the game till March 2019 to add the following newcomers" and every single newcomer on the list would be a fav of mine and I'd still be all...

Untouch

Smash Master
There is no way the game is getting delayed. Nintendo's entire fiscal year is riding on the success of this game. Delaying this game past the holidays would be a catastrophe. They'd put out a glitchy version before delaying it.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hoo boi, just realized we have only have one day left. Here's a question for everyone, what's the one thing you wanna see confirmed in this direct. For me, Subspace 2 Electric Boogaloo
Dovahkiin. If he's confirmed, I'll be in paradise. I'd go buy premium just to get him in the background of my posts :awesome:

...Yeah, I know, but you said the one thing I want confirmed...

More realistically, I guess I want some adventure mode-y thing. A full SSE would be a waste - as much as I liked the SSE, it takes a lot of time and there are now too many characters. Plus the fact that the last one was a play-once-and-done for a lot of people. I feel a Melee-styled one, possibly with some branching paths, would be better.
What if the games does get delayed till next year but that just means more content and characters added
Depends who, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised about a small delay - Smash's 20th is in January - but in the age of DLC, it's an odd decision. Brawl got delayed for Sonic, but now that they can add characters later (and make money with it), why would they?

Again, if it was to add Dovahkiin, they can take their time. If they were adding some character I don't care about, then don't bother.

Plus Nintendo definitely wants this out for the holiday season.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a related delirious note, I had an Ultimate-related dream last night.

I had somehow missed the first minute or so of the stream and wound up seeing a video on Youtube that recorded a snippet of it: it was about fighting a big, wind-up toy of Wario (wearing his plumber outfit) that wasn't moving, on a simple Battlefield-esque stage, and his head was on the floor, since his true mechanical face was revealed, and you had to avoid Bob-Ombs while doing this. I panicked and went to Nintendo Life to find the stream link, but the site suddenly had dozens of articles that I desperately tried to sift through. One of said articles being about a Nintendo-related game with pixel graphics, in-which you collected trophies (King K. Rool being one of those), no idea if it was a fangame. Meanwhile, one of the thumbnails on Youtube showed that somebody was making a Mega Man fangame with a peasoup Game Boy presentation.

So yeah, I hope tuesday is over with. :p

On the topic of delays, I don't see it happening unless some random Third Party randomly asks Sakurai to put their character in.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Seeing how our first release date was announced at this year's E3 and the 3 amiibo already have a CSPIA certification document, I have a feeling this date is final. A game like Smash has a lot riding on it, so I doubt Nintendo wouldn't meticulously follow development and predict any possible delays.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
100% If they put out a unique Chrom rather than a echo that would be great. I imagine most people feel this way.
If they'd put an unique Chrom in and Lucina is still a Marth Echo I think I'd go insane.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There is no way the game is getting delayed. Nintendo's entire fiscal year is riding on the success of this game. Delaying this game past the holidays would be a catastrophe. They'd put out a glitchy version before delaying it.
Considering how terrible Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was, I don't think Nintendo wants to be making the same kind of mistakes that SEGA made.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering how terrible Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was, I don't think Nintendo wants to be making the same kind of mistakes that SEGA made.
There's worse; remember the last Tony Hawk's Pro Skater? Which killed the series permanently due to it being so glitchy upon release that the patch was for the majority of the game that was missing?

Activision, let's say, doesn't quite seem to get it right sometimes, considering they're currently going to release Spyro Reignited with only ONE of its three games on the physical disk, due to presumably not wanting the other two in without all the bugs fixed.

D

Deleted member

One thing for sure is that the next newcomer to be revealed could be anyone, like a long-requested character like K. Rool or Isaac, or a character from a new Nintendo milestone like Elma and Rex & Pyra, or someone unexpected.

I believe though we'll get a new third-party character as the last newcomer to be revealed before the game's release.

I also wish we'd get a new Echo fighter as well.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Lol Daisy aren't irrelevant. She's in almost every Mario spinoff and they sell millions, epsecially Mario Kart. It is very easy to justify adding Daisy because most people know who she is and have played a game with her in it.
She's been important to the plot in how many games? We had mario land a handheld title and?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom