• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Today's blog post:

Shroob

Sup?
Today's blog post:

Wow, I haven't had to stay up past Midnight to see a PotD since Smash4.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Today's blog post:

Here it is in English:
Today's Item
Bomber
Hold the Bomber up with the A button and a massive explosion will occur in 1.5 seconds. You will take less damage by moving away from the center of the explosion, so if you are about to get caught in it, try to get away!
It's the S-Flag, except instead of giving life it takes it away.

Also thE ITEMS TAB STILL ISN'T OPEN

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Chances are, I'm probably gonna sleep past the Direct. Now, some would watch the whole thing without being spoiled after it airs, but me? The moment I wake up, I'm checking the site. It's like Christmas morning for me, this.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It happens as soon as the game begins. It isn't a spoiler.

Roy is a clone you like it or not. A very bad clone at that.
The way it's presented is still meant to be shocking. And spoiling it beforehand makes it lose that effect.

Also, Roy is more of a semi clone at this point.
Not nearly as cloney as Melee, but you can still feel the Marth in him.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Hoo boi, just realized we have only have one day left. Here's a question for everyone, what's the one thing you wanna see confirmed in this direct. For me, Subspace 2 Electric Boogaloo
While there are more fun things I’d probably be way more hyped for, the thing that would actually functionally matter for me is, while talking about controller options, a reveal that keyboards are fully supported as controllers.

I’ve been playing Smash like games mostly on PC with a keyboard for the last few years, so this would allow me to transition to Ultimate as smoothly as possible.

Then again, I’m a lazy bum and I’d probably mostly just play it on handheld mode anyway. But, it’d matter if the gameplay turns out to be fun enough for me to want to get good at it.

Shroob

Sup?
I need an event match where you play as Roy Koopa, where all the items are bomb-items, and if you look in the direction of an explosion, you'd KO'd.

Cool guys don't look at explosions, after all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Today's blog post:

They didn't stop at the Bob-Omb
They didn't stop at the Secret Mine Bomb (Melee)
They didn't stop at the Smart Bomb (Brawl)
They didn't stop at the Bombchu (SSB4)
and now they have Crasher Bomb and Bomberman

Are there any other bombs I should know about?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
RANKED
My only problem with that is that Smash 4's online uhhh........ sucks. Sometimes I'll just SD and throw a match because the lag is so bad, or the lag is just bad enough that my character pick can't function the way they should. It'd still be nice, but if the work hasn't been put in to make the online experience better then I wouldn't treat any kind of ladder with much seriousness.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't consider Ness and Lucas magic users, because their **** is Psychic energy. And if you count Psychic energy as 'magic', then you effectively have to count Mewtwo and Lucario as 'magic' as well. Hell, you'd have to count every Pokemon as 'magic'.

Basically, you'd have to count "Every character with an energy based projectile that doesn't come from a firearm" as magic.

At least with PSI you can explain it, magic is magic, you don't gotta explain ****.
This is so wrong on so many levels
PSI are a pool of abilities that don't come from weapons but from magic points. The PSIs that are for support mimic healing items and cause status conditions. The offensive PSIs are attacks have effectiveness agaimst certain enemies and have various effects. By the convention of its genre PSI is magic. Many RPGs name magic to something cooler like "psynergy" but it is all the same. It is not "wrong on so many levels."

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
You got 14 games (technically 12 two of them were just remakes). You bring half of them from one game
Yeah... it's like... unbelievable. That a franchise,,,, with a lot of representatives,, would have a majority from a single set of games,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :ultpikachu:

that upsets my brain
Today's blog post:

It's a Kirby. I will now extrapolate things that assume that my good son BWD will be a newcomer.
(Seriously though, if we get another Kirby item/character as the post tomorrow I'd be seriously stoked.)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

You forgot the Gooey Bomb, X Bomb, and Hococate Bomb

Add in things like the randomly exploding containers, and items-on Smash sure loves its explosions, huh?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

:ultlink: HIYAAA!

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The way it's presented is still meant to be shocking. And spoiling it beforehand makes it lose that effect.

Also, Roy is more of a semi clone at this point.
Not nearly as cloney as Melee, but you can still feel the Marth in him.
I do feel the Marth in him.....but just the tip.

D

Deleted member

Todays post is now on site in English:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_GB/blog/index.html

Bomber
Hold the Bomber up with the A Button and a massive explosion will occur in 1.5 seconds. You will take less damage by moving away from the centre of the explosion, so if you're about to get caught in it, try to get away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I do feel the Marth in him.....but just the tip.
More like just the hilt.
You forgot the Gooey Bomb, X Bomb, and Hococate Bomb.
Don't forget the Links' Down Bs, Snake's Special moves, Samus' Down B, Bowser Jr's Down B, Sheik's Side B, Inkling's Splat Bomb, and Megaman's Crash Bomb.

Lots of Bombs/Explosives in Smash.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
PSI are a pool of abilities that don't come from weapons but from magic points. The PSIs that are for support mimic healing items and cause status conditions. The offensive PSIs are attacks have effectiveness agaimst certain enemies and have various effects. By the convention of its genre PSI is magic. Many RPGs name magic to something cooler like "psynergy" but it is all the same. It is not "wrong on so many levels."
But it is wrong on so many levels.
You can't just make up items.

Unless you mean the Motion Sensor Bomb/Proximity Mine, which was in SSB64.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hopefully they show some of the missing AT's. Some of these echo character speculations need to die.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder who's going to survive the assist trophy apocalypse and who will be the biggest name deconfirmed.

I'm thinking Ashley might be an assist trophy. And I could see Geno as an assist trophy (Square's kinda Bomberman equivalent I guess)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

The next thing they'll introduce is these guys as an AT:

Of course I would know this...

Edit: CURSE YOU CRASHBOARDS!!!

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Hopefully they show some of the missing AT's. Some of these echo character speculations need to die.
The assist trophy section is where the majority of the salt will be mined from, it makes me kind of sad honestly. Right now we're in that phase where there haven't been a lot of hard deconfirms yet so everyone is still hopeful, but as soon as those Assist Trophies start rolling in....
I'm just glad my most wanted :ulticeclimbers::ultinkling: iare already in and my next most wanted is Octolings so I have no real stake in any of this, but MAN this forum is going to be on fire tomorrow.

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted are King K.Rool and Dixie Kong, as well as Elma, Geno and Bandana Dee. I get this feeling that it’s honestly playable fighter or nothing for them as I don’t see any of them being assist trophies (expect for maybe Bandana Dee.)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Friendly reminder that when posting images from other sites you have to make sure the URL says "http;//" and not "https://".
Just letting you know, Zinith Zinith .

Anyway, more than 17 pages were posted between me leaving and coming back; for a moment I thought something crazy had happened, but no, just Goku talk. *shrug*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Add in things like the randomly exploding containers, and items-on Smash sure loves its explosions, huh?
I thought I was the only one who noticed Smash's odd affinity with bomb and explosive items...
Hopefully they don't go overboard this time and implement some more unique items too. (Or just bring back the Red Shell, that was a pretty fun item to use imo)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Super Smash Bros. directed by Michael Bay.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Friendly reminder that when posting images from other sites you have to make sure the URL says "http;//" and not "https://".
Just letting you know, Zinith Zinith .

Anyway, more than 17 pages were posted between me leaving and coming back; for a moment I thought something crazy had happened, but no, just Goku talk. *shrug*
Nope, it has nothing to do with that. Broken images happen just because...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nope, it has nothing to do with that. Broken images happen just because...
Looks like SmashBoards is having a small bit of an image problem (hyuk hyuk).

Because I'm trying to upload an image I just drew and ain't working.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
My most wanted are King K.Rool and Dixie Kong, as well as Elma, Geno and Bandana Dee. I get this feeling that it’s honestly playable fighter or nothing for them as I don’t see any of them being assist trophies (expect for maybe Bandana Dee.)e
  • King K. Rool: As an assist trophy, King K. Rool quickly dashes around the stage, akin to his appearance in DKC1. Opponents who get too close will get run over, or face a blast from his blunderbuss.
  • Dixie Kong: As an assist trophy, Dixie Kong whips her ponytail in front of her numerous times, somewhat akin to Meowth's Poke Ball appearance.
  • Elma: As an assist trophy, Elma quickly appears on stage outside of her Skell, leaps upwards, and then falls back down in her Skell. Opponents hit by the Skell as it falls downwards are planted into the ground. She fires some strong blasts from her Skell's arm cannon, and then disappears.
  • Geno: As an assist trophy, Geno appears quickly, then turns into his cannon form to preform Geno Flash. The explosion acts like a slightly larger Smart Bomb.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: Throws food, like Isabelle currently does. Enemies that get too close get stabbed.
Anything can be turned into an Assist Trophy. It stops at nothing.
Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, the trophy is.

D

Deleted member

Star Wars Battlefront II's box office.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
  • King K. Rool: As an assist trophy, King K. Rool quickly dashes around the stage, akin to his appearance in DKC1. Opponents who get too close will get run over, or face a blast from his blunderbuss.
  • Dixie Kong: As an assist trophy, Dixie Kong whips her ponytail in front of her numerous times, somewhat akin to Meowth's Poke Ball appearance.
  • Elma: As an assist trophy, Elma quickly appears on stage outside of her Skell, leaps upwards, and then falls back down in her Skell. Opponents hit by the Skell as it falls downwards are planted into the ground. She fires some strong blasts from her Skell's arm cannon, and then disappears.
  • Geno: As an assist trophy, Geno appears quickly, then turns into his cannon form to preform Geno Flash. The explosion acts like a slightly larger Smart Bomb.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: Throws food, like Isabelle currently does. Enemies that get too close get stabbed.
Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, the trophy is.

Sakurai: EVERYONE YOU EVER ASKED FOR IS HERE.... as an assist trophy

KMDP

Smash Legend
If you must know what the image in question was, it was a variant of the Grinders from Yoshi's Island called "Short Fuses" that drop bombs
Fortunately, you can still see images if you hit reply.

• NiGHTS: NiGHTS will appear somewhere in the stage, dancing in place. The first player to make contact with NiGHTS will dualize with them, temporarily causing you to play like NiGHTS in NiGHTS into Dreams.
Considering how overpowered NiGHTS would be as a playable character, an Assist Trophy is probably a better fit.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I find funny how some of you put your prediction of the Direct and it's obvious as hell you are actually putting a wish-list. Don't confuse prediction with wish-list.

Also **** Goku.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I find funny how some of you put your prediction of the Direct and it's obvious as hell you are actually putting a wish-list. Don't confuse prediction with wish-list.

Also **** Goku.
I've actually been reserved with my predictions, and I really only have one wish that's not too unreasonable...

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice

Aww ****!!!! Fine then.. We’d better watch out or Sakurai will snap and we’ll go down to 34 characters.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom