• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Activision, let's say, doesn't quite seem to get it right sometimes, considering they're currently going to release Spyro Reignited with only ONE of its three games on the physical disk, due to presumably not wanting the other two in without all the bugs fixed.
...fuggin' what?

Is that true?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Nintendo seems to be on point with release dates though, and for better or worse, they'll just release the game an
No they're really not... quite the opposite in fact, I admit it's gotten better though but Nintendo is known for their lengthy delays

Untouch

Smash Master
It feels to me like december 7th is already very late, so potential delays were already accounted for.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Does Mario even have a plot?
Yes of course! The mario RPG games like thousand year door, superstar saga, partners in them etc is quite good.

The mainstream mario titles like Oddysey, sunshine, galaxy have a plot like Rosalina's bedtime stories tied in.

It's not exactly Oscar worthy plot but it's Nintendo which game should besides RPGs are?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes of course! The mario RPG games like thousand year door, superstar saga, partners in them etc is quite good.

The mainstream mario titles like Oddysey, sunshine, galaxy have a plot like Rosalina's bedtime stories tied in.

It's not exactly Oscar worthy plot but it's Nintendo which game should besides RPGs are?
Moreover, the point is, Daisy hasn't been in any recent major, non-party/sports entries. Even Pauline got in one before her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's worse; remember the last Tony Hawk's Pro Skater? Which killed the series permanently due to it being so glitchy upon release that the patch was for the majority of the game that was missing?

Activision, let's say, doesn't quite seem to get it right sometimes, considering they're currently going to release Spyro Reignited with only ONE of its three games on the physical disk, due to presumably not wanting the other two in without all the bugs fixed.
...fuggin' what?

Is that true?
My theory for this is that it's to kill the secondhand market. After all, having to download something from a secondhand copy just feels bad, it's why I didn't want to get a secondhand copy of the MGS collection as MGS1 was included only as a digital code

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Spyro games were always too easy for me. Crash was where it's at.

Wouldn't mind either of them in smash though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Damn. Maybe it will come next year.

Crash Trilogy for the Switch isn’t like that, right?
Nah, it's safe, the DLC is only for extra stages and gameplay-enhancing patches, so this is a really strange case. I hope to God that any prospective Japanese release for the Spyro trilogy will be safe...

That being said, it would be cool if Crash can show up in Smash, with or without Spyro.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah. Crash as playable fighter and Spyro as Assist Trophy would be cool.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Buzzwole
• grappler with special command grabs involving its proboscis
• increases size along with range, weight, and power with enough landed specials
• meter with three stages appear near stock

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
On the Spyro dlc controversy, how about we wait for an official announcement from Activision or something rather than relying on an article’s assumptions? (Sorry, I’ve been hearing about this thing for almost a week and it’s already starting to get old)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
On the Spyro dlc controversy, how about we wait for an official announcement from Activision or something rather than relying on an article’s assumptions? (Sorry, I’ve been hearing about this thing for almost a week and it’s already starting to get old)
Aren't there box art pictures of the game that point it out? Which was, y'know, the entire reason this is getting spread? What the **** do you mean with assumptions by then?

Untouch

Smash Master
Unrelated but I've seen a lot of people suggest that we're getting a japanese focused character tomorrow because sakurai "picked the time to appeal to japan".
It's going on at 11 at night in Japan...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think this Direct will focus a lot on stages and modes.

But, I'm hoping to see more changes done to previously cut characters, like Pichu for example.

The only thing I'm going to predict is some sort of Adventure-like mode.

DarkSt0rm009

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtremeDeath
3DS FC
0946-2239-4297
Switch FC
SW-6724-2496-0212
Unrelated but I've seen a lot of people suggest that we're getting a japanese focused character tomorrow because sakurai "picked the time to appeal to japan".

Either way, I'm still going to be moving from my summer dorm to my fall dorm during the direct, here's to hoping I can atleast watch it while I'm moving out

Shinkun13

Smash Rookie
I think tomorrow we won't see the 66th fighter. Sakurai will play with us until the game is launched...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Aren't there box art pictures of the game that point it out? Which was, y'know, the entire reason this is getting spread? What the **** do you mean with assumptions by then?
Adding on instead of editting, this polygon article says they contacted Activision and they later updated the article when they got back to them. https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/2/17643358/spyro-reignited-trilogy-games-on-disc-download
TLDR: Activision said "Well it's normal for patches to come out, we put in on the box for clarification"

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I can tell you now as someone from Australia (half an hour ahead of Japan), it certainly isn’t convenient.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
For all we know, it could just be a day 1 update patch. I’m in no mood to have a whole argument on this board because of this ordeal so I’m dropping it now.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah Crash joining the fight would be the best (as DLC cause his comeback was months after the Dec 2015 project date). And if we also get characters like Sora or Heihachi and Spyro as an assist, it'll be the best Playstation All-Stars game ever!

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I think you must have misunderstood something, it IS a day 1 update patch
Yeah I guess I did misunderstand. Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

Onto the direct, I just expect to see a showcase of new and returning modes, new stages and maybe a new fighter or two. I wouldn’t expect a SSE 2 though.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What if King K Rool and BWD?

Will I be able to relax?

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'd love it if Geno was announced tomorrow, but if he's in at all, I'm guessing he's gonna be the retro character hidden in the game whom we won't know about until release.

For real though, I'm feeling either a PokeMon character or Ashley tomorrow. If we're really lucky though, it's K.Rool and Sakurai will show us that he actually listened to the ballot requests (if Ridley wasn't already enough proof).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom