• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I think tomorrow we won't see the 66th fighter. Sakurai will play with us until the game is launched...
I can't imagine them having a direct specifically for Smash and not showing off a newcomer. That will only piss off a lot of people and Nintendo knows that.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
:troll: Hehehe Isaac eh?

I kid but yeah I wouldn't mind either, and I'm a big fan of Wario getting anything.
Wrong Isaac

It's this one: Edit: there should be a pic for ISaac Newton here, but it's not showing :p

His final smash is calculus callus, making all characters drop of the stage to get a pedicure.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'm predicting three reveals tomorrow. One to start off the direct and get people hyped, an Echo character mid-direct, and a big surprise character at the end. And then in another Nintendo direct closer to December, we'll get our last newcomer until release in an actual Nintendo Direct.

Or Vergeben could be right and we'll just get that reveal of the "controversial character" he talked about.

Seriously Verge, **** off.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm predicting three reveals tomorrow. One to start off the direct and get people hyped, an Echo character mid-direct, and a big surprise character at the end. And then in another Nintendo direct closer to December, we'll get our last newcomer until release in an actual Nintendo Direct.

Or Vergeben could be right and we'll just get that reveal of the "controversial character" he talked about.

Seriously Verge, **** off.
Wait which character?

Wambo

Smash Ace
Wait which character?
Verge recently said that Simon isn't going to be the next reveal, and the next character is going to be somewhat "controversial", or something like that. He said he didn't want to say who it was because of that.

EDIT: He also said that there will be a Gen 7 rep, I don't remember if he was talking about the same thing or not.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering how terrible Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was, I don't think Nintendo wants to be making the same kind of mistakes that SEGA made.
tbf, Smash glitches don’t affect the game in an negative way (they always end up making the game even weirder than it should be though)
Wait which character?
The “controversial character”...only controversy I expect is Pink Man Sonic

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Verge recently said that Simon isn't going to be the next reveal, and the next character is going to be somewhat "controversial", or something like that. He said he didn't want to say who it was because of that.
If its something like Steve I think I might actually be miffed.

I'm not even against Steve I just don't need that in my life at this moment.

I mean if you bring this thing up during EVO's Melee tournament I would think you're trying to attract THAT kind of crowd.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nintendo: *promotes Pokemon Go, Go Pikachu & Go Eevee connecting to Pokemon Go, and creates free Pokemon Quest to lure in future fans*

Smashboards: "The next newcomer is most likely Goku."

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

24 hours left guys!

Anyway I expect the deconfirmation wave to hit hard tomorrow, and salt will fly, but nothing will match the levels of the Waluigi deconfirmation at E3. Only thing I could potentially see coming close is K. Rool being deconfirmed.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The “controversial character”...only controversy I expect is Pink Man Sonic
I doubt that a Breaking Bad actor will get to appear.

Nintendo: *promotes Pokemon Go, Go Pikachu & Go Eevee connecting to Pokemon Go, and creates free Pokemon Quest to lure in future fans*

I'm telling you folks, we're all sleeping on Vaporeon (or at least base Eevee)!

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
If we're talking about who the controversial character will be, the best case scenario is Goku. Worst case scenario? Steve.

Goku is actually a likable character from a good series, even if it didn't originate from a game. Steve is from cancer sellout game, and isn't Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

The fact that I had to have a conversation about why Goku is impossible for the 100th time, kinda hurts.

Memes are funny sometimes but, whew.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Oh my god, i think i might know who this controversial character is!
I think it's going to be... another Gen 1 Pokemon, i mean think about it, Generation 1 has 4 reps already & Pokemon Company is pushing Gen 1 hard with the Let's Go games.
If not then it could easily be another Fire Emblem character.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
If we're talking about who the controversial character will be, the best case scenario is Goku. Worst case scenario? Steve.

Goku is actually a likable character from a good series, even if it didn't originate from a game. Steve is from cancer sellout game, and isn't Banjo-Kazooie.
Minecraft is great despite the community for it. I agree Steve wouldn't be my first choice from Microsoft since Banjo-Kazooie is a possibility, but I wouldn't hate Steve necessarily. On the other hand I would absolutely despise Goku.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looked to the mural intensely to hype myself. I think it worked so well that, now I'm angry at potential newcomers for distrupting such a beauty.

Pakky

Smash Hero

To be fair Minecraft is important, I just don't think NOW is the right time to show that since they announced this thing during a Melee tournament at EVO.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Looked to the mural intensely to hype myself. I think it worked so well that, now I'm angry at potential newcomers for distrupting such a beauty.
But osby, what if the destruction of the current beauty is just a stepping stone to a greater beauty?

Wambo

Smash Ace
It really could be anyone tomorrow then, especially if Verge was just pulling stuff out of his ass.

On to a different topic, I'm really looking forward to possibly seeing new stages tomorrow. It's killing me not knowing if Brinstar Depths/Poke Floats/FoD/Mute City are in or not, and I really wanna see what the updated Gerudo Valley looks like.

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be fair Minecraft is important, I just don't think NOW is the right time to show that since that announced this thing during a Melee tournament at EVO.
And the direct won't have anything to do with it.
I mean, who they are going to reveal, Fighting Wireframe Team?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I woke up to 58 notifications.
>_>

Confirmed, Skull kid as donkey kong echo.
I would unironically kinda love seeing Skull Kid as a donkey kong clone, because I have a soft spot for absurd things in Smash.
I love Skull Kid and Majora's Mask but... that would be hilarious

Pakky

Smash Hero
And the direct won't have anything to do with it.
I mean, who they are going to reveal, Fighting Wireframe Team?
No I mean by announcing it there during that time at one of the biggest fighting game events in the world, I would assume they want to attract a particular part of the Smash Community.

Or maybe its just Tapper...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I would be very happy if Vergeben and Loz stayed quiet today and leading up to the direct.

No I mean by announcing it there during that time at one of the biggest fighting game events in the world, I would assume they want to attract a particular part of the Smash Community.

It could have been because it was Melee... it could have been because it was the last Smash event.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
But osby, what if the destruction of the current beauty is just a stepping stone to a greater beauty?
I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. We'll see.

I think EVO was just a convenient recent event related to Smash. We'll see.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think it's going to be... another Gen 1 Pokemon, i mean think about it, Generation 1 has 4 reps already & Pokemon Company is pushing Gen 1 hard with the Let's Go games.
It'd be a missed opportunity to not include a Gen 7 rep. Alola will come and go until it gets a remake, meaning that this would likely be the only time to add a rep. Kanto is immortal. Disregarding the fact that there are already six Pokemon who can promote Gen 1, Sakurai could add a rep from that Gen anytime he wanted.

As for FE, I don't think there would really be a push to promote Fates or SoV. Worst-case scenario, we get a Three Houses rep as DLC.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

I would honestly unironically prefer Goku to yet another gen one Pokemon.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I would be very happy if Vergeben and Loz stayed quiet today and leading up to the direct.

It could have been because it was Melee... it could have been because it was the last Smash event.
So why do you want them to stay quiet? I doubt they would say anything at this point though.

Shinkun13

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine them having a direct specifically for Smash and not showing off a newcomer. That will only piss off a lot of people and Nintendo knows that.
No, no, I mean, they'll skip the 66th fighter and they'll show at least one or two newcomers (67th and 68th)

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Less than 24 hours until the direct, boys and girls! All aboard the hype train! Choo choo!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Of course there will be a newcomer reveal tomorrow.

I am guessing a Pokemon reveal. If Sakurai goes for Alola Trainer, then three newcomer reveals.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
Eevee announcement tomorrow. Calling it now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So why do you want them to stay quiet? I doubt they would say anything at this point though.
I personally don't want to come across anything they might have to say about what might be revealed in the direct because that would make it less exciting. I remember being waaay less hype for things when I realized they were leaked a few days before during the Smash 4 speculation season and they're seeming to be the most "credible" so far.
And I could stay off of Smash Boards, but really the reason I want them to stay quiet because I'm not the only one who feels like a direct leak would take alllll the wind out of the hype sails.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I thought it came up a few pages ago that he never said “controversial,” he only said he didn’t have confirmation but it was a Gen 7 mon who wasn’t Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc.

Or did something else come up?

I have a tough time keeping up with all of these fake leaks...

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Okay, I can easily take your tone and say "Goku is a cancer meme just like Shrek, and Steve is from an incredibly popular video game."

Worse case scenario in my opinion would be Goku, because as far as we know, bringing in non video game characters is supposed to be impossible, so that would change the whole concept of the series.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I thought it came up a few pages ago that he never said “controversial,” he only said he didn’t have confirmation but it was a Gen 7 mon who wasn’t Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc.

Or did something else come up?

I have a tough time keeping up with all of these fake leaks...
He brought it up again and said the character was controversial only because it wasn't the "top 3" that people wanted, Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc. Not because the Pokemon itself is controversial on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom