• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, how do ya guys plan on making the time til the Direct pass?

For me, the SSF2 Beta update managed to come out at around this time frame, so that should be more than enough to tide me over til then.
In case Elma is revealed, I’m gonna try to survey 100% of Mira in Xenoblade X. Or at least, find a way to finally defeat Telethia the Endbringer.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think it'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of what leaks get killed Wednesday.

While I realize Vergeben isn't well liked around this parts (rightfully so, but not to the extent that people are namecalling), I think it'll be interesting to see what becomes of his information after tomorrow.

For example, if we get Simon I think it absolutely lends credibility to him. Very few people considered Simon as a likely Smash choice. However, I'm sure he'll be considered a "lucky guess". Really I think Vergeben should be treated just like Gematsu until we see something wrong. Personally, I think he got legit information for the first reveal with Ridley, Snake, and everything else he predicted.

Isabelle I think, despite having my reservations about her, is a safe pick because Animal Crossing is considered "likely" to get a newcomer in some capacity.

Here are the things that will give him credibility, or pretty much kill his credibility. To be honest though, I think it's a leak by leak basis with him.

1. If we get Lycanroc, Mimikyu, or Decidueye as a Pokemon newcomer. This will destroy him. If we get somebody that isn't those 3 and it's from Gen 7, he lives.

2. If we get a character that wasn't previously mentioned (I'm hoping for this), it does nothing to his credibility. Some of you may question this, but just because he doesn't have that information doesn't mean he's a fraud. It simply echoes similarities to Gematsu, in that some information was not included or wasn't given to him.

I still think it's best to approach any leaks with caution, but to also not instantly cast them off as fraudulent. I just hope we get a clearer picture of what the roster direction is looking like.

Smashboards reaction when Celica is revealed as a newcomer and Chrom as an echo:
Simon will tell me Verg's Ridley source was legit (as he stated the same person told him Simon and Ridley), but nothing else. By his own admission, Isabelle and the Pokemon come from other sources. I want to stress this point should Simon get in. Verg was twice wrong over the weekend, by saying MvCI news would be at EVO and that Seong Mina would not be playable in SC6, so it's abundantly clear that even if one of his sources is proven legitimate, it means nothing toward his others.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Did you guys see a leak today that got posted on 4chan?

Appearently it got deleted. Is it possible to delete 4chan threads?
Yeah. I've seen at least 7.

It's likely around somewhere. Check 4chan's archives, and then an archive site like Fireden. Worse comes to worst, ask around. Someone's screenshotted it.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Simon will tell me Verg's Ridley source was legit (as he stated the same person told him Simon and Ridley), but nothing else. By his own admission, Isabelle and the Pokemon come from other sources. I want to stress this point should Simon get in. Verg was twice wrong over the weekend, by saying MvCI news would be at EVO and that Seong Mina would not be playable in SC6, so it's abundantly clear that even if one of his sources is proven legitimate, it means nothing toward his others.
Any breakdown of what sources said what? As far as I know he said that his Smash sources corroborated each other, and thus, he would have had multiple sources claiming Simon.
This is of course making the generous assumption that he is not lying to bolster the rumor's credibility.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Any breakdown of what sources said what? As far as I know he said that his Smash sources corroborated each other, and thus, he would have had multiple sources claiming Simon.
This is of course making the generous assumption that he is not lying to bolster the rumor's credibility.
Keeping his story straight is too much effort. All I remember him corroborating, though, was Ridley, because he claimed three different sources told him that one.

Shroob

Sup?
How would everyone react if on Wednesday, we get a mode revealed that'll be the easy and fast way to unlock all the characters called:

Tower of Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Either way, he's treading on rather thin ice at the moment, especially after being wrong about Seong Mi-Na not being in Soul Calibur VI.

019_019.jpg

Prolix = Vergeben
Romans = Smash fanbase (not saying we're bad guys or anything, just making a fun analogy/comparison)

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There’s some Dante speculation on 4chan

I’d lose my **** if that happens

Untouch

Smash Master
cant wait until tomorrow's blog post and everyone assumes whatever series gets music is going to have a character revealed

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Either way, he's treading on rather thin ice at the moment, especially after being wrong about Seong Mi-Na not being in Tekken 7.

View attachment 155964

Prolix = Vergeben
Romans = Smash fanbase (not saying we're bad guys or anything, just making a fun analogy/comparison)
Don't you mean for Seong Mi-Na not being in SoulCalibur VI instead of Tekken 7 just to correct you?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How would everyone react if on Wednesday, we get a mode revealed that'll be the easy and fast way to unlock all the characters called:

Tower of Smash.
I'd do it, then delete the data and do it the normal way afterwards.

Just to correct you, Seong Mi-Na was unveiled for SoulCalibur VI not Tekken 7.
Quite right, I'll fix that.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I know it’s too early to tell but after Ulitmate releases how likely is it we’ll get another character ballot?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
While I like Dante as a character, I don't want to see he make in just because there's Bayonetta.
Aside from Dante x Bayo, he would not add that much as a hack'n'slash character now, and there's a great chances of him ending as weird to the game as Bayo (strong/unique mechanics).

The truth is the unique realistic/human character I want in Smash is Travis Touchdown and Sharena.
I would accept Sora or Chrono too. But can't imagine any other one I'd like to see at all.
Want to see some cartoon characters as Dk series, Rayman, Toad, etc.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's just a meme I made months ago dude, chillax.

It's funny that 9-Volt has his own dedicated stage and Ashley became an Assist, but the poor forefront lads of the series get nothing.
No prob, sorry if I looked aggresive.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know it’s too early to tell but after Ulitmate releases how likely is it we’ll get another character ballot?
I'd say at least 50 to 70%, depending on how long DLC goes for, and whether there'd be long-term planning for Smash 6.

While I like Dante as a character, I don't want to see he make in just because there's Bayonetta.
Aside from Dante x Bayo, he would not add that much as a hack'n'slash character now, and there's a great chances of him ending as weird to the game as Bayo (strong/unique mechanics).

The truth is the unique realistic/human character I want in Smash is Travis Touchdown and Sharena.
I would accept Sora or Chrono too. But can't imagine any other one I'd like to see at all.
Bayo is more or less girl!Dante anyway, so it'd be redundant to have Dante in here.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Alright, here are my predictions for the Smash Direct.

-Starts off with Ashley reveal. Talks a little bit about her before moving on.
-During the middle of the Direct, Octoling is dropped as an Echo fighter and talked about very briefly like Daisy was.
-Heihachi is the big reveal at the end of the Direct. That's part of the reason they announced it at EVO. They wanted to make sure the competitive fighting game folks were watching.
-Going in line with loz18 and that Ashley leak on 4chan, a new mode will be revealed and this new mode is how you quickly unlock characters. It is a Great Maze style Adventure mode.
-Additionally, Classic is briefly touched on. It is changed up a bit and is somewhat of a mix of the Classic modes from Melee and 3DS.
-Tournament Mode is also back. You can play it both Online and Offline.
-A tease of how All-Star will work, but just a tease.
-No mention of Event mode, Target Test, Board the Platforms, or anything else like that here.
-Every character has 16 alts. No Meta Ridley in the E3 demo is what makes me think this might happen.
-The deconfirmation wave will hit Chrom, Dark Samus, Isaac, and Dillon.
-Shadow will still be up in the air.
-None of the Verg trio will be deconfirmed here, though many people will doubt Verg after this because he didn't predict any of the new characters revealed.
-However, one of the Pokemon Verg mentioned that won't be playable (Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc) will be revealed to be a Pokeball summon so some people will actually start to believe Verg more after this.
- Etika will blow his lid off as usual.
-RelaxAlax will stay very calm and make it look like he's not hyped.

Yeah, so I still do have a little faith in the 8 thing. I know the octagon periods mean nothing, but the date is just a bit too ambiguous for me. That's partly why I picked Heihachi, and mostly why I picked Octoling.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I want to ask a question. What music tracks in Nintendo history have shown themselves to be terrible? That may be hard to find, but I want to hear anything, if you can post a video here.
Being active with Smogon for many years, there's a big split on whether the DP music is good or ****. Here's one of the most cited examples for the latter opinion (Sinnoh route 205):

https://youtu.be/g7MRIx5K6aA

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dante would just be another problem for Pit and Pittoo

Tower of Smash.
I’m not sure how I’d feel

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, here are my predictions for the Smash Direct.

-Starts off with Ashley reveal. Talks a little bit about her before moving on.
-During the middle of the Direct, Octoling is dropped as an Echo fighter and talked about very briefly like Daisy was.
-Heihachi is the big reveal at the end of the Direct. That's part of the reason they announced it at EVO. They wanted to make sure the competitive fighting game folks were watching.
-Going in line with loz18 and that Ashley leak on 4chan, a new mode will be revealed and this new mode is how you quickly unlock characters. It is a Great Maze style Adventure mode.
-Additionally, Classic is briefly touched on. It is changed up a bit and is somewhat of a mix of the Classic modes from Melee and 3DS.
-Tournament Mode is also back. You can play it both Online and Offline.
-A tease of how All-Star will work, but just a tease.
-No mention of Event mode, Target Test, Board the Platforms, or anything else like that here.
-Every character has 16 alts. No Meta Ridley in the E3 demo is what makes me think this might happen.
-The deconfirmation wave will hit Chrom, Dark Samus, Isaac, and Dillon.
-Shadow will still be up in the air.
-None of the Verg trio will be deconfirmed here, though many people will doubt Verg after this because he didn't predict any of the new characters revealed.
-However, one of the Pokemon Verg mentioned that won't be playable (Decidueye, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc) will be revealed to be a Pokeball summon so some people will actually start to believe Verg more after this.
- Etika will blow his lid off as usual.
-RelaxAlax will stay very calm and make it look like he's not hyped.

Yeah, so I still do have a little faith in the 8 thing. I know the octagon periods mean nothing, but the date is just a bit too ambiguous for me. That's partly why I picked Heihachi, and mostly why I picked Octoling.
Damn, those are some pretty detailed predictions. Should've posted it on 4chan and passed it off as a leak. :p

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Which is why I didn't give my opinion of the DP music. I just remembered the debate. This one was mentioned because the arrangement is all over the place, and was more a demonstration of "look what we can do!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Being active with Smogon for many years, there's a big split on whether the DP music is good or ****. Here's one of the most cited examples for the latter opinion (Sinnoh route 205):

The songs in D/P/P are good by themselves (although not so much the one you linked), but the soundfont is just really bad. It's not my favorite Pokémon soundtrack by any means, but an eventual remake would certainly make it a lot better just by virtue of having updated instruments.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

How can anyone say Sinnoh had bad music? Easily one of the best Pokemon soundtracks. It had Route 209, Route 216, Route 228, Lake Verity, Pokemon League (Night), Jubilife City, Canalave City, Eterna Forest, Vs. Cynthia, Vs. Lake Guardians, Team Galactic Hideout, Stark Mountain... whole ton of bangers.

Route 205 does kind of suck though.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
That's a problem for most characters. I wouldn't take it personally. It's just what happens in a speculative community where people want their character in. Just remember it's all kinda just a bunch of postulation and chest puffing haha.

Sincerely,
Goemon/Paper Mario/etc. Supporter
I know you not going to pretend that certain characters that shall not be named gets grossly inflated by their rapid fan base.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I've seen at least 7.

It's likely around somewhere. Check 4chan's archives, and then an archive site like Fireden. Worse comes to worst, ask around. Someone's screenshotted it.
It's a leak that says that Ashley, Chrom (echo), Shadow (semi clone). OP said he watched the direct or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom