• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, looking back on it all...

Even though I don't hate Bayonetta, literally nothing went right with her inclusion in Smash, and it's kind of shocking how poorly things have been up until recently.

I remember when they announced that Bayo effectively 'won' the ballot how a lot of people were scratching there heads in wonderment, mostly because Bayo's actual online presence was ridiculously small compared to the juggernauts. Most people were 'fine', but there also was a bit of a groan that a 3rd party character effectively 'won', when we had already gotten 2 3rd Parties as DLC, 3 veterans, and only ONE new 1st Party character in Corrin...

And then she came out and, oh boy was she degenerate.

And even after they nerfed her, she's still effectively the best character of Smash 4.

And then of course, years later we find out she didn't actually win at all, and was most likely going to get in regardless, meaning all those votes people cast were either useless, or for this game, hopefully the latter, though we've yet to see truthfully.

And now we're at Ultimate where Ridley vs Bayonetta is happening, Ridley basically gets wombo-combo'd off screen, and Sakurai himself apparently shakes his head seeing this.

I don't hate Bayonetta, I don't hate any character in Smash, but god damn Bayonetta was born under an unlucky star or something, her Smash 'legacy' up to this point has been nothing but a series of unfortunate events.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Echo fighters changed clones.
Everyone used to hate clones, and now everyone is dying for their characters that are a clone of others already in Smash and clones are loved.
Branding is powerful.
Also people are so desperate they'll take anything now, which is pretty sad.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, these "Goku from Nintendo" jokes in this thread annoy me.

I do not know why.

Like, can we not make that joke everytime we talk about Goku from DBZ?

Goku from actual Nintendo is dead.
Dr. Mario is my favorite Chinese whisper fighter.
What?

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, these "Goku from Nintendo" jokes in this thread annoy me.

I do not know why.

Like, can we not make that joke everytime we talk about Goku from DBZ?

Goku from actual Nintendo is dead.
Still won't stop anyone from expecting Dragon Ball Goku, until Sakurai finally comes out and says "no anime or manga characters allowed, especially that one".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Issac and Bandana Dee are FAR more requested than Celica, Alm, Octoling, Viridi, Jeanne, and...well most of these.
>Jeanne
>Highly requested
n a n i my dude? Also I disagree with Viridi and Impa being "highly requested" on par with the likes of Geno and the Rool, and I'd replace one of those with Isaac. Fire Emblem is weird, I don't know if people would've supported Gaiden characters if it didn't get a remake.
Highly requested and possible, not just one or the other...but **** I totally forgot about Bandana Dee (and the Viridi choice is more of a Sakurai pick while Jeanne would be an echo/alt choice)
Elma, Rex (you listed Pyra and Mythra), Bandana Waddle Dee, Isabelle, Chorus Kids, Chrom, Simon, an ARMS character...
I placed Rex alongside them in my head instead of giving him a picture (waifus are priority)...and I forgot about your top woman (oof)
I mean if you're going for oft-requested Echoes, Chrom should be there. Also the other characters backed by Vergeben (Simon and Isabelle).
0C3691AE-3248-4228-9836-16654E757FF9.gif

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know there is a Goku that is in Nintendo that originated from the NES, but everytime someone brings up Goku, some user brings up Goku from the NES from Nintendo as a joke.
I wasn't joking earlier when I was bringing it up, if that's what you're referring to.

I don't consider obscurity a disqualification, because that's just how I choose to speculate. I understand if others do (as lame as I think it is), because it's not like winning some kind of forum argument will change the final roster. Just how I generally view this kinda thing, but I mean no harm to you if you don't think it will happen. Not like I do, but it's something I like to think about.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I click that and it’s the ****ing nes character imma go through the internet and sucker punch you.

This gon' be good

That will just elevate the character's demand.
Lest we not forget of the Assist Trophy riot of June 2018?
I'm waiting for the one of August 2018 personally

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That will just elevate the character's demand.
Lest we not forget of the Assist Trophy riot of June 2018?
At least Waluigi is a game character.

If I click that and it’s the ****ing nes character imma go through the internet and sucker punch you.
Sorry, I thought you weren't talking about the other Goku...:teeth:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression we were still calling them semiclones, while echo fighters is a new distinction for characters that are almost the same thing but with different taunts and win animations
Well, I just figured that if clones are now classified as Echoes, then clone terminology should be reworked to fit Echo terminology.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, I thought you weren't talking about the other Goku...:teeth:
I just want to put it out there that I would actually be totally down for Jump Goku to make it in, somehow, but I find it more interesting and likely that they pull the Famicom Goku out as a compromise, considering they're both based on Sun Wukong and are probably hated by Freeza
But I really, really don't need people to tell me how unlikely either Goku is, it's obvious enough hahaha

Well, I just figured that if clones are now classified as Echoes
There's your first mistake

Look at Pichu. No way he's an echo, but he's blatantly a clone.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If we're talking about game modes to return, then imagine if Board the Platform from Smash 64 making a comeback. I think there's about a 0% shot of this happening, but I would be so hyped.

(my first post on Smashboards. nice to meet you all!!!)
Alola comrade!!
Board the Platforms is a generally popular request to return, including by yours truly. What I worry about though is due to the immense amount of characters in the game now, BtP may be stuck with generic stage layouts rather then the unique character specific stages, like what happened to Target Test.

Regardless, I would not object to a comeback.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just want to mention a fun fact that Kirby is said to have infinite power...
So Kirby can probably beat Goku.
Can Goku's neutral B be powering up to the next form so I can hear Kirby go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" for three hours to go even further beyond

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is the longest two days. I am feeling impatient as I wait for Wednesday 10 AM to come.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We got a Part 2 (also, I added some characters in the first one)
Whom else needs to be added besides Pokémon characters? I’m scared to put up Pokémon character as an option since there’ll be way too many I’ve don’t know/never heard of or am lost in life. Amazed he nobody has thought of a retro or wtf character

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura I got you this time

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Whom else needs to be added besides Pokémon characters? I’m scared to put up Pokémon character as an option since there’ll be way too many I’ve don’t know/never heard of or am lost in life. Amazed he nobody has thought of a retro or wtf character

Andy's another one.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
Everyone's expecting a new Pokemon, Heihachi, Simon, or Ashley.
But really Chibi-Robo is being revealed at the direct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can Goku's neutral B be powering up to the next form so I can hear Kirby go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" for three hours to go even further beyond
Kirby with Saitama's ability.
That would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Simon Belmont, Isabelle, Chrom.

I'd add Crash too.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Sora's still missing. We're all seriously sleeping on him. Dude placed as one of the top 5 characters expected to be in Smash in a major Japanese publication. I'd also say choices like Paper Luigi and Crankey Kong are practically nobodies, and shouldn't be on this list.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Simon Belmont, Isabelle, Chrom.

I'd add Crash too.
First two are in the other one, some of the last minute changes to that list, and Chrom...I’ll add him in and Crash
Sora's still missing. We're all seriously sleeping on him. Dude placed as one of the top 5 characters expected to be in Smash in a major Japanese publication. I'd also say choices like Paper Luigi and Crankey Kong are practically nobodies, and shouldn't be on this list.
I’ll add him
Andy's another one.
From Toy Story?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd also say choices like Paper Luigi and Crankey Kong are practically nobodies, and shouldn't be on this list.
You've said the magic words, and now they're incredibly likely. The power of words can definitely retroactively change the roster.
Or at least that's probably what some people believe lol

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Why wouldn’t it be? It was one of the hypest and fun sets to watch this year.

Also you can’t go wrong when the whole EVO crowd goes “HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” everything Cell pops up.

Also, Murlough Murlough , where are you? You’ve been criticizing everyone that says that we might get something in August and telling everyone to wait until much later. Look what happened? Still hope your excited though.
Look man, my feet are sore, I had a long day at work, I've eaten half a honey bun and a bag of doritoes and its almost 7 where I am. I'm cranky as **** right now.

Yay, we got news. Don't need to be told "lol you were wrong" everytime it happens. I was completely right all of July though, but hey I'm just the jerk who criticises people so don't bother crediting me for that right?

Dunno what I expect at this point. >.>

I'm kinda excited. Mostly terrified of a Decidueye reveal but the DLC for BBTAG and ****ing Negan getting announced for Tekken has me squeeling (internally) so I'm not too concerned atm.

Also I have new thoughts on Goku based on Negan in Tekken. If Negan, a ****ing walking dead character, can get into Tekken then I can't believe Goku has no chance in Smash.

Like I still am not for him but.......his chances are very real at this point.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Look man, my feet are sore, I had a long day at work, I've eaten half a honey bun and a bag of doritoes and its almost 7 where I am. I'm cranky as **** right now.

Yay, we got news. Don't need to be told "lol you were wrong" everytime it happens. I was completely right all of July though, but hey I'm just the jerk who criticises people so don't bother crediting me for that right?
I was trying really hard not to post that one post on your profile but my dude you spent a lot of July ****ting on people for taking Bill's PR statement as a PR statement lol

No worries though, it's a time of celebration

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom