• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

From Toy Story?
I lost it when you actually thought about Andy for Toy Story instead of Andy from Advance Wars.
One of the funniest posts I have seen in this thread. I do not know why, it is just so random and off-putting.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I lost it when you actually thought about Andy for Toy Story instead of Andy from Advance Wars.
One of the funniest posts I have seen in this thread. I do not know why, it is just so random and off-putting.
Saying Toy Story felt like the right thing to say
Advance Wars.

Not as important, but FE didn't make his supporters die down despite supplanting his series.
From Advance Wars.
View attachment 156024

It's been a long time since I've heard his name though. I wouldn't exactly call him a well-requested character.
Adding I shall do to him

D

Deleted member

Saying Toy Story felt like the right thing to say
Sorry, I just thought you would know what Advanced Wars was. I did not expect Toy Story out of anything.
That is why I am crying of laughter right now.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Man, looking back on it all...

Even though I don't hate Bayonetta, literally nothing went right with her inclusion in Smash, and it's kind of shocking how poorly things have been up until recently.

I remember when they announced that Bayo effectively 'won' the ballot how a lot of people were scratching there heads in wonderment, mostly because Bayo's actual online presence was ridiculously small compared to the juggernauts. Most people were 'fine', but there also was a bit of a groan that a 3rd party character effectively 'won', when we had already gotten 2 3rd Parties as DLC, 3 veterans, and only ONE new 1st Party character in Corrin...

And then she came out and, oh boy was she degenerate.

And even after they nerfed her, she's still effectively the best character of Smash 4.

And then of course, years later we find out she didn't actually win at all, and was most likely going to get in regardless, meaning all those votes people cast were either useless, or for this game, hopefully the latter, though we've yet to see truthfully.

And now we're at Ultimate where Ridley vs Bayonetta is happening, Ridley basically gets wombo-combo'd off screen, and Sakurai himself apparently shakes his head seeing this.

I don't hate Bayonetta, I don't hate any character in Smash, but god damn Bayonetta was born under an unlucky star or something, her Smash 'legacy' up to this point has been nothing but a series of unfortunate events.
Yeah how poorly Bayo was handled and how other things have gone have been astonishingly bad, I don't think a character's inclusion could go any worse than it has for Bayo. I understand now why another balance patch didn't happen as Ultimate was in development and that was definitely the right call, but damn Smash 4 could have really used one more balance patch for Bayo (and Cloud). However as bad as things have went for Bayo in Smash 4, Ultimate will reverse it; once the game drops with all the big nerfs she is getting, all her fairweather players are going to drop her like a rock just like how almost every single Meta Knight player did to MK when Smash 4 released even if she is still a good viable character, and then all those who hated her in Smash 4 won't care anymore. Don't know if people will still dislike her playstyle, but as long as she's a lot more reasonable to fight and is a lot less common, people will generally be ok with her or may even start liking her, like how Olimar went from nearly MK levels of being detested in Brawl to in Smash 4 being a character people aren't particularly fond of but generally don't mind and may cheer for when he shows up deep in bracket as the underdog.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You've heard of Event 51, now get ready for Event 52.

Fight :ultbayonetta::ultcloud:and :ultdiddy:at their strongest. They have 3 stocks, and you have 300% and one stock. Don't worry about your handicap, it's almost as if nothing changed.
If only the Final Smash fighters were still fully playable; Wario-Man would easily laugh at that challenge.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I was trying really hard not to post that one post on your profile but my dude you spent a lot of July ****ting on people for taking Bill's PR statement as a PR statement lol

No worries though, it's a time of celebration
I wasn't "****ing" on anybody. People in here take offense to the slightest statements against them all the time in here. Case and point the "Waluigi" thing a couple days ago.

If anyone else has something they want to say to me specifically then PM me and I'll get around to responding. If someone tries coming at me after this post, in this thread, I'm just putting you on ignore and going on with my day. I really don't have the patience
for it right now.

D

Deleted member

If Bayonetta ends up being the best character in Ultimate, than that will be a bit annoying.
Again, I do not hate Bayonetta and I do not mind her too much in Smash Bros. I do want Bayonetta's dominate to fade in Ultimate though.
Many characters in Smash are eligible for Jump Force by that logic.

It’s just Smash Bros. x Jump Force now LETS GO!
NOW WE ARE TALKING!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I hope the single player modes are actually good this time.

I know it’s multi-player first but geez, almost every single mode in 4 was trash.

Add some real meaty quality like the first three games did.

Board The Platforms, Trophie Snag, Subspace 2, anything fun and worthwhile.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry, I just thought you would know what Advanced Wars was. I did not expect Toy Story out of anything.
That is why I am crying of laughter right now.
I know about the game, but it’s forgettable to me due to never playing any of the games...unless there’s only one
Really, if you want a list, just check the Rate Their Chances thread for a comprehensive list.
I could do that...but I’m making a list based on the opinions of the Smashboards people
If Bayonetta ends up being the best character in Ultimate, than that will be a bit annoying.
Please no...the best character must be :ultpit:/:ultdarkpit: or :ultinkling:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Many characters in Smash are eligible for Jump Force by that logic.

It’s just Smash Bros. x Jump Force now LETS GO!
Smash x Jump Force x Marvel x Capcom x Tekken

Let's call it Pipe Dream.

Cause Mario's in it.
And it'll never happen.

D

Deleted member

There is something I recently have seen in this thread.

Since Ultimate is coming out and it does look better than Smash 4, everyone loves to dump on Smash 4 in this thread.
Smash 4 did do some great things, like remove tripping, we got good DLC characters and characters in general, and FOR GLORY. Smash Run was also fun and customs were a great mechanic in the game.

Smash 4 was also really well balanced, like a Jigglypuff can JV3 a Bayonetta easier than a mid tier in Brawl JV3ing Meta Knight in Brawl if both had some certain skill or whatever.

If Smash 4 never existed, than Ultimate would of not had some great qualities.

Sure Smash 4 has some drawbacks with the bad menu and Smash Tour and all of that, but I still love Smash 4.

I love Smash 4 more than Brawl, Melee and 64. All the Smash 4 hate in this thread kind of saddens me.

Do I think Ultimate will be better than Smash 4? Absolutely. Do I constantly condemn Smash 4? No.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Alright I'm looking at a list of ATs and Poke Ball summons to see what names in speculation are already deconfirmed, and the most notable ones I see are Waluigi, Krystal, Lyn, Bomberman, and Bewear (I've seen its name quite a bit prior to E3).

Aside from Waluigi, who was an AT in two previous games anyway, I'm kinda getting the feeling that these characters are more or less B- or C-list stars, who maybe got a lot of requests (Smash Ballot or otherwise) but not as much as the playable characters in this game, like Ridley.

Anyone else think likewise?

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well, I just figured that if clones are now classified as Echoes, then clone terminology should be reworked to fit Echo terminology.
Echoes aren't just clones, they're essentially glorified alt-costumes that have little gameplay differences from the source character. Like a traditional clone such as the Melee clones have significant differences throughout their design and moveset even if they share every move, and can even have a few unique moves, whereas the likes of Lucina and Dark Pit are identical in many ways to Marth/Pit and have few gameplay differences to actually set them apart. A semi-clone is a character who veers towards about the 50% similarity and less range, which the likes of Dr. Mario, Pichu, and probably Young Link definitely are not.

Now cloning is a sliding scale and where the line between an Echo and normal clone designation lies is unknown, but Echo is not an official term for clones, when it's just an official designation for a particularly cloney group of clones that function as alt-costumes with some extra flavor.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the director of jump force, Iarukas Orihasam stated in a interview that characters originated from videogames won't be elegible to entering for Jump Force.

he also said that if goku can't enter smash, kirby will never enter Jump Force, and then proceeded by calling sakurai "You baka"...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright I'm looking at a list of ATs and Poke Ball summons to see what names in speculation are already deconfirmed, and the most notable ones I see are Waluigi, Krystal, Bomberman, and Bewear (I've seen its name quite a bit prior to E3).

Aside from Waluigi, who was an AT in two previous games anyway, I'm kinda getting the feeling that these characters are more or less B- or C-list stars, who maybe got a lot of requests (Smash Ballot or otherwise) but not as much as the playable characters in this game, like Ridley.

Samurai Goroh, who sticks out in particular since F-Zero currently isn't getting any other fighters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think we’ve gone past the massive amount of top contenders who have their fates in Smash hanging on a thread but have a huge chance in joining the Ultimate Fight

Since Ultimate is coming out and it does look better than Smash 4, everyone loves to dump on Smash 4 in this thread.
Smash 4 did do some great things, like remove tripping, we got good DLC characters and characters in general, and FOR GLORY. Smash Run was also fun and customs were a great mechanic in the game.

Smash 4 was also really well balanced, like a Jigglypuff can JV3 a Bayonetta easier than a mid tier in Brawl JV3ing Meta Knight in Brawl if both had some certain skill or whatever.

Sure Smash 4 has some drawbacks with the bad menu and Smash Tour and all of that, but I still love Smash 4.

I love Smash 4 more than Brawl, Melee and 64. All the Smash 4 hate in this thread kind of saddens me.

Do I think Ultimate will be better than Smash 4? Absolutely. Do I constantly condemn Smash 4? No.
Truth, I never got why people trashed Smash 4 even before the Bayo stuff occurred
Alright I'm looking at a list of ATs and Poke Ball summons to see what names in speculation are already deconfirmed, and the most notable ones I see are Waluigi, Krystal, Bomberman, and Bewear (I've seen its name quite a bit prior to E3).

Lyn and maybe Knuckles are the only big names I can think of (though Knuckles wasn’t gonna happen, especially with Shadow/Tails/Eggman creeping around)
the director of jump force, Iarukas Orihasam stated in a interview that characters originated from videogames won't be elegible to entering for Jump Force.

he also said that if goku can't enter smash, kirby will never enter Jump Force, and then proceeded by calling sakurai "You baka"...
Someone doesn’t seem to know his place when it comes to Daddy Sakurai
Smash x Jump Force x Marvel x Capcom x Tekken

Let's call it Pipe Dream.

Cause Mario's in it.
And it'll never happen.
If it ain’t Disney and Disney alone, Mario ain’t letting his crew crossover with them

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Look man, my feet are sore, I had a long day at work, I've eaten half a honey bun and a bag of doritoes and its almost 7 where I am. I'm cranky as **** right now.

Yay, we got news. Don't need to be told "lol you were wrong" everytime it happens. I was completely right all of July though, but hey I'm just the jerk who criticises people so don't bother crediting me for that right?

Dunno what I expect at this point. >.>

I'm kinda excited. Mostly terrified of a Decidueye reveal but the DLC for BBTAG and ****ing Negan getting announced for Tekken has me squeeling (internally) so I'm not too concerned atm.

Also I have new thoughts on Goku based on Negan in Tekken. If Negan, a ****ing walking dead character, can get into Tekken then I can't believe Goku has no chance in Smash.

Like I still am not for him but.......his chances are very real at this point.
I don't care if Goku gets into Smash or not but Tekken isn't Smash. I don't see the connection there.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Alright, as I mentioned I've finally started playing XC2 and loving it. It's given me an idea for a XC2 stage that I think is different to the previous Xeno stage.
Introducing...

The Argentum Trade Guild!

Xeno.JPG

On this stage, you battle atop the floating guild, with the World Tree glowing in the background! It has a day night cycle and plays some of XC2's best songs, with the most common song here being this fantastic, fantasy number:

Argentum Trade Guild (Day) - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Music Extended

The stange has one main platform that floats low, with the cloudy blast zone not too far from the lowest platform at all. However, the stage is quite tall, and has a lot of semi-solid platforms for you to play on! Goldmouth, the Titan carrying the ship often floats down low and you can be saved from a star KO every-now-and-then by bouncing off his belly!
And of course, there are plenty of Nopon's roaming the stage, as well as divers bringing back their goods to trade and sell!

Attachments

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'd be fine with Goku if Sakurai says he's the only anime character that will ever appear and that's that.

Goku has a rich video game history at this point and Namco could help facilitate any transition needed into a platform fighter, and he has global appeal and a lot of interesting moves to pull from. Not to mention the stage and music selection would be pretty rad for Smash, even if they went with video game OST.

Though I know it will never happen and the salt storm would be massive.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look man, my feet are sore, I had a long day at work, I've eaten half a honey bun and a bag of doritoes and its almost 7 where I am. I'm cranky as **** right now.

Yay, we got news. Don't need to be told "lol you were wrong" everytime it happens. I was completely right all of July though, but hey I'm just the jerk who criticises people so don't bother crediting me for that right?

I'm kinda excited. Mostly terrified of a Decidueye reveal but the DLC for BBTAG and ****ing Negan getting announced for Tekken has me squeeling (internally) so I'm not too concerned atm.

Also I have new thoughts on Goku based on Negan in Tekken. If Negan, a ****ing walking dead character, can get into Tekken then I can't believe Goku has no chance in Smash.

Smash has a reason why certain 3rd party characters don’t get to fight (have to originate from a video game series), while the likes of Mortal Kombat, Injustice, and Tekken don’t (the TMNT in Injustice, Negan bashing someone’s head, Freddy/Jason/Predator/Kratos being themselves)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't care if Goku gets into Smash or not but Tekken isn't Smash. I don't see the connection there.
Thats not the point. There is no connection.

The main argument against Goku is that he isn't a video game character, yet an equally, if not more respected, franchise got a much less popular nonvideogame character into their roster. If a semi-nobody like Negan can get into one of the most respected fighting games ever, how can we actually say Goku has a 0% chance to get into Smash?

Thats what I'm saying. It seems like a Sakurai move and if other Japanese devs are doing it, Rwby in BBTAG/Negan in Tekken 7, then what makes you think Sakurai "is above that" or whatever.

You are free to disagree but I genuinely think Goku has a shot. I don't see a legitimate reason why he can't be in Smash. "Shouldn't's" are subject.

Smash has a reason why certain 3rd party characters don’t get to fight (have to originate from a video game series), while the likes of Mortal Kombat, Injustice, and Tekken don’t (the TMNT in Injustice, Negan bashing someone’s head, Freddy/Jason/Predator/Kratos being themselves)
Show me the rulebook. Do you mean the bull**** we make up for Smash? More and more are broken every iteration.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Thats not the point. There is no connection.

The main argument against Goku is that he isn't a video game character, yet an equally, if not more respected, franchise got a much less popular nonvideogame character into their roster. If a semi-nobody like Negan can get into one of the most respected fighting games ever, how can we actually say Goku has a 0% chance to get into Smash?

Thats what I'm saying. It seems like a Sakurai move and if other Japanese devs are doing it, Rwby in BBTAG/Negan in Tekken 7, then what makes you think Sakurai "is above that" or whatever.

You are free to disagree but I genuinely think Goku has a shot. I don't see a legitimate reason why he can't be in Smash. "Shouldn't's" are subject.

Show me the rulebook. Do you mean the bull**** we make up for Smash? More and more are broken every iteration.
Unless those "shouldn't"s come from Sakurai himself.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Unless those "shouldn't"s come from Sakurai himself.
Neither should Ridley. The man breaks his own limits all the time for the fans. If Goku was the winner of the ballot, and I think he was personally, then I can see Sakurai actually considering it.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
From Advance Wars.
View attachment 156024

It's been a long time since I've heard his name though. I wouldn't exactly call him a well-requested character.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lot of discussion about Advance Wars in general (except in the Andy thread of course) it was a pretty big franchise back in the early to late 2000’s that isn’t even represented in Smash bar an AT (Infaltry and Tanks). There’s nothing else from the franchise shown, which is a shame. (Also Will for Smash!)

You didn’t say anything about August though :troll:. NU CREDIT 4 UUU!

Harada and Sakurai have very different philosophies. Harada tries to make people **** their pants as much as possible, Sakurai already did that. Sakurai can add Goku but he made fun of the idea of Goku playable, while with Ridley, he made clear statements on his opinions, and with fan demand, tried again.

Aside from that, alright Harada, when can I get to play as Shulk in Tekken 7.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My 2 cents is that Smash has always been about video games first and foremost.

Other fighting games have always had a habit of throwing in other things that clashes with their ideals(Movie Slashers in the Mortal Kombat world honestly makes 0 sense), but Smash has always been consistent in keep things pure.

The most 'out there' we've ever gone is Cloud, who's primarily a Playstation character, and I'd be fine with an XBox/PC character truth be told, but I honestly feel like Smash should stick to video games only.

It's a slippery slope if you throw in anime. Sure, you put Goku in this game, then people are gonna want Luffy, Naruto, Sasuke, Sailor Moon, Jotaro, Detective Conan, Spike, Lina Inverse, ****ing Idolmaster, Hatsune Miku, Haruhi, Shrek, Cory in the House, Ronald Mcdonald, Burger King, thot, etc etc etc

It's a slippery slope.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Honestly I feel a little bad for smash 4, it'll forever be the forgotten one released on the console that was practically dead on arrival. Smash 64 was the original, melee is known for it's competitive play, brawl for it's ambitious story mode, dark artstyle and drastically different gameplay. Smash 4 is gonna be completely dead the moment ultimate drops.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can understand why only video game third parties are allowed at the moment. If the floodgates were open to anyone, it would be disorganised chaos to the point that even food mascots would get in. There's no guarantee that any successor to Sakurai would necessarily keep the limitations put in place, either (unless they're trustworthy). Not to mention that some companies have rather special ideas of what guest appearances should be included (take Nicalis' Crystal Crisis, it includes the likes of Osamu Tezuka characters and Johnny Turbo, of all people).

In short, exceptions should not become the rule as long as there is enough self-restraint for it. There's a reason why Gon the dinosaur never appeared in any Tekken game after 3.

Honestly I feel a little bad for smash 4, it'll forever be the forgotten one released on the console that was practically dead on arrival. Smash 64 was the original, melee is known for it's competitive play, brawl for it's ambitious story mode, dark artstyle and drastically different gameplay. Smash 4 is gonna be completely dead the moment ultimate drops.
At least it'll always be known for having a portable version.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
If Negan, a ****ing walking dead character, can get into Tekken then I can't believe Goku has no chance in Smash.
What's the correlation here? Tekken isn't Smash.
Anyway, if we're talking about non-video game characters in Smash Bros., absolutely none of them deserve to be in.

Except for one. Hear me out. It'll never happen in a million years, but regardless...

Mickey Mouse.

Disney has had a stock in the video game industry for a long time, all the way back to the Game & Watch days. There have been numerous Disney games on almost every single Nintendo console, whether it be NES to Wii U, or Game Boy to 3DS. Not to mention, Disney's collaborated with nearly every other company represented in Smash as well, whether it be:
  • The numerous other Disney games on the SEGA Genesis, or the Castle of Illusion remake
  • Namco making Disney Magical World
  • Konami working on Disney Tsum Tsum
  • Square Enix and the Kingdom Hearts series
  • Capcom and their work on tons of Disney games, most notably Ducktales
Also, it'd be worth it just to see who would win in a fight: the King of Video Games or the King of Animation?

Once again, it'll absolutely never happen, but it's fun to be wishful.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lot of discussion about Advance Wars in general (except in the Andy thread of course) it was a pretty big franchise back in the early to late 2000’s that isn’t even represented in Smash bar an AT (Infaltry and Tanks). There’s nothing else from the franchise shown, which is a shame. (Also Will for Smash!)

You didn’t say anything about August though :troll:. NU CREDIT 4 UUU!

Harada and Sakurai have very different philosophies. Harada tries to make people **** their pants as much as possible, Sakurai already did that.

Alright Harada, when can I get to play as Shulk in Tekken 7.
It isn't so much about credit as it would be nice if people didn't only look for the wrongs in my posts. Legit no one admits when I have a good argument but several people are ready to jump me when I make a bad one. I'mma stop here because I'll end up ranting for pages if I don't.

Harada is wild but Sakurai is like an angel. If he can do something to me us happy I think he'd go to the ends of the earth to do so if he thought it was possible. People thought all the vets coming back was impossible because of the difficulty that would add for the dev team.

Sakurai ****ing did it anyway. That reveal still blows my mind to this day. If we want Goku and Sakurai isn't extremely against they idea, which he could be, then I think he would at the very least play around with the idea.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I got a idea

We got Ridley reveal and Ridley is West (USA) most wanted

Sooo... if we got a western requested character

I think he's going to reveal atleast one Japan highly request character in this she direct

So logically Ashley, bandana dee or the king of krocs for one of them

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I personally think the Goku debate gets too heated and I don't think it's really that big of a deal if he or characters of non-video game origins in general were to make it into Smash, I really wouldn't mind if he made it in and don't quite see why a lot of people get so fervent in their opposition to his inclusion. But I always been one of those who don't treat the Smash roster as a sacred thing and thought the concept of who and who doesn't "deserve" to be on the roster to be silly, as opposed to just being a fun game full of characters the fans want to play.

I know Sakurai has laughed off the prospect of Goku being in Smash before, but he is always able to change his mind as he done so many other times, I think the real big issue to Goku's inclusion is licensing difficulties rather than Sakurai absolutely refusing to put any character of non-video game origins into Smash. That said I would be really shocked if it were to actually happen.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To put it simply, if Goku gets in due to the ballot, then it's only fair we put in the obvious 2nd place as well.

You know, some-body once told me the world was gonna roll me. That I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

But she was lookin' kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead.

Really, if Goku gets in because 'muh ballot' then Shrek or other stupid choices like Pepsiman have just as much of a shot, and at that point we need to question if we've passed the point of no return.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I personally think the Goku debate gets too heated and I don't think it's really that big of a deal if he or characters of non-video game origins in general were to make it into Smash, I really wouldn't mind if he made it in and don't quite see why a lot of people get so fervent in their opposition to his inclusion. But I always been one of those who don't treat the Smash roster as a sacred thing and thought the concept of who and who doesn't "deserve" to be on the roster to be silly, as opposed to just being a fun game full of fan favorite characters.

I know Sakurai has laughed off the prospect of Goku being in Smash before, but he is always able to change his mind as he done so many other times, I think the real big issue to Goku's inclusion is licensing difficulties rather than Sakurai absolutely refusing to put any character of non-video game origins into Smash. That said I would be really shocked if it were to actually happen.
I totally agree with you, but maybe it has something to do with it shattering some symbolism the game may hold for some people.

I can't relate at all, though, so it's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom