• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Every time I make a bet against something it happens. So the one thing stopping me from eating a shoe (when the leaker said that Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake were coming back along with Simon) is Simon being announced. I'm going to now bet that Simon WILL be revealed tomorrow, that way he WON'T!! :)
Dang you've beat the system, might as well change my signature now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Quite honestly, I don't this is possible. Given the size differences, a lot of her animations would have to stretch her arms and legs to make them have similar reach. Also, this is totally discrediting all of Ashley's unique abilities. Besides, it's out of character for Ashley to pawnch. She is a witch, so she would cast spells.

I honestly don't see where you were getting at with this question and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for asking. Don't you agree?

And if you say no, you're toast.
Just stretch Captain Falcon down to Ashley's size.
I don't see the problem.

You think that fire falcon isn't a spell?
You don't think the Good Captain isn't a master class wizard????

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I mean being fair, at least Mona had her theme song remixed back in Brawl and Kat & Ana where the first Assist Trophies. Jimmy T unfortunately got the short end of the stick though (Please at least bring the Body Rock theme in Smash Sakurai)

Speaking of 9-Volt, I'm surprised he isn't more popular since I'm sure his Microgames are usually the most popular in the Wario Ware series.
Jimmy actually physically appears in the WarioWare stage as a microgame gimmick where everyone has to taunt.

But then again Mona got a trophy in Smash 4 and Jimmy didn't. (But then again got her own song cut in the same game lol)

But anyway I don't think WarioWare really has any seniority going for it when Crygor didn't have any story segments in Smooth Moves, Dribble and Spitz were completely ignored on Touched, alongside with Orbulon who also kinda got the short end of the stick in Smooth Moves too.

Jimmy and Mona are forever mainstays for sure, but I don't think it'd be absurd for Ashley to make it in before them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jimmy T Assist Trophy:
He starts dancing on stage and anyone who gets near gets locked into a dancing animation.
Yes, everyone will get a dancing animation and no I don't care about your "BUT DEVELOPMENT TIME" arguments because the rule of cool™ supersedes temporal logic.
Just have everybody taunt spontaneously, problem solved.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
"Look up to your idols and never give up."
Captain Falcon then daydreams about being as cool as Marth.
Then he breaks down crying every time he remembers that Ganondorf got new smash attacks in Ultimate.
“Why did Dorf have to be a clone and not an echo?! An echo is a symbol of trust; Marth will always have Lucina at his side! It’s not fair!”

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So a good japanese time huh? I believe Ashley and K.Rool were very popular there among others that I probably don't even know. But that line about red eyes and not being a vampire screams Ashley to me, even though I know Sakurai doesn't do this kind of stuff. I still think we're getting Simon Belmont this Wednesday.
You shut your mouth, heathen. No Simon! No Simon! (Hopefully everybody realizes this is made in jest, not actually telling you to shut up)

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Then he breaks down crying every time he remembers that Ganondorf got new smash attacks in Ultimate.
“Why did Dorf have to be a clone and not an echo?! An echo is a symbol of trust; Marth will always have Lucina at his side! It’s not fair!”
I love how this was THE game for Blood Falcon, but the first thing the Captain Falcon character page does is deconfirm him, lol

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah Wario Land Shake it is one of my favorite games like ever, it's soooo good. But I gotta say I don't like Good-Feel doing Yoshi games either, I didn't really care for Yoshi's Wooly World, unlike Kirby's Epic Yarn which I absolutely adore.

But then again, I'd rather have Good-Feel handle Yoshi than Arzest doing... well, anything at all. Yoshi's New Island might just very well be one of the worst "big name" Nintendo games I've ever played. And when I learned that they were doing Hey Pikmin, I just steered away from that game as much as I could.
Thanks for reminding me that Wario Land Shake-It! exists.

I would absolutely love to have music from that game in Smash. Especially this song:

So, how do ya guys plan on making the time til the Direct pass?

For me, the SSF2 Beta update managed to come out at around this time frame, so that should be more than enough to tide me over til then.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys see a leak today that got posted on 4chan?

Appearently it got deleted. Is it possible to delete 4chan threads?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Alright but consider this:
Blaziken being a Captain Falcon clone
I see that you're a man of culture

Because Blaziken has striking similarities to Falcon. Only thing I can see that's a bit different is his Final Smash being Mega Blaziken with some kind of Mega Blaze Kick idk

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm guessing a pokemon Wednesday.

If Ultra Beast, then either: Nihilego or Buzzwole or Phermosa

If Alolan Trainer then Rowlett, Torracat, and Primarina

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Thanks for reminding me that Wario Land Shake-It! exists.

I would absolutely love to have music from that game in Smash. Especially this song:
I was really happy when the Ruins theme made it in Smash 4, but we definitely need more songs for sure!
I'd be really down for this one since it was from Wario World originally and it's so gooood.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I love how this was THE game for Blood Falcon, but the first thing the Captain Falcon character page does is deconfirm him, lol
I mean... technically, it doesn’t actually disconfirm him, he might be a costume that changes the name, like Alph. I kinda doubt that, but we just don’t know.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

For me, the SSF2 Beta update managed to come out at around this time frame, so that should be more than enough to tide me over til then.
Nothin' much, just trying to survive until Wednesday

Did you guys see a leak today that got posted on 4chan?

Appearently it got deleted. Is it possible to delete 4chan threads?
Did you screencap it?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
People are always quick to point out how most characters that get in are important to their franchise, and use it as evidence that only important characters get in.

But here's the thing about that. Most those characters are also really popular. That's usually what happens with main characters. They get fans.

There aren't many cases of the most popular characters in a franchise not being one of the main characters, so there's really nobody to compare a character like Ashley to. She's an outlier.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm beating 3DS classic mode on 9.0 intensity with every character. I probably won't ever touch Smash 4 again after Ultimate releases, so now is my last chance to do it. So far I've actually had the game crash on me twice, both times on Green Hill Zone.

Also Master Shadow DHD's Smash Attacks are stupid. But not nearly as stupid as Metal Lucario.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of what leaks get killed Wednesday.

While I realize Vergeben isn't well liked around this parts (rightfully so, but not to the extent that people are namecalling), I think it'll be interesting to see what becomes of his information after tomorrow.

For example, if we get Simon I think it absolutely lends credibility to him. Very few people considered Simon as a likely Smash choice. However, I'm sure he'll be considered a "lucky guess". Really I think Vergeben should be treated just like Gematsu until we see something wrong. Personally, I think he got legit information for the first reveal with Ridley, Snake, and everything else he predicted.

Isabelle I think, despite having my reservations about her, is a safe pick because Animal Crossing is considered "likely" to get a newcomer in some capacity.

Here are the things that will give him credibility, or pretty much kill his credibility. To be honest though, I think it's a leak by leak basis with him.

1. If we get Lycanroc, Mimikyu, or Decidueye as a Pokemon newcomer. This will destroy him. If we get somebody that isn't those 3 and it's from Gen 7, he lives.

2. If we get a character that wasn't previously mentioned (I'm hoping for this), it does nothing to his credibility. Some of you may question this, but just because he doesn't have that information doesn't mean he's a fraud. It simply echoes similarities to Gematsu, in that some information was not included or wasn't given to him.

I still think it's best to approach any leaks with caution, but to also not instantly cast them off as fraudulent. I just hope we get a clearer picture of what the roster direction is looking like.

Smashboards reaction when Celica is revealed as a newcomer and Chrom as an echo:
1532642462580.gif

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I find it weird they used a Wario Land game for a theme instead of an actual WarioWare themed one. Then again, I don't recall any particular themes they could pull from the series for Wario. But for me this would've been better if they used a WL victory theme.

Wario Land had such ****ing bangers dude.
Wario Land 3 is actually my favorite game of all time.

D

Deleted member

What taglines do you have for your favorite characters? Here's a few of mine...

King K Rool takes over!
Paper Mario folds the competition!
Crash Bandicoot crashes the party!
SIMON BELMONT STARTS HIS QUEST!

GAME OVER: RETURN OF GANON!

ISAAC LETS OUT A HOWL!

That's all i can think of.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What taglines do you have for your favorite characters? Here's a few of mine...

King K Rool takes over!
Paper Mario folds the competition!
Crash Bandicoot crashes the party!
Lyn guards the Plains
Amaterasu makes her mark!
Elma duals her challengers
Shantae dances on
Sora has the key to victory
Hey so

I never said anything about Elma being a lock or 100% guaranteed? I was just saying that it was unlikely they’d pick Cross, the player avatar, over her. That’s all.

aaaaaanyway

What unseen as of yet stages are y’all expecting to see?
Fountain of Dreams, Pirate Ship, Windy Hill, and Rainbow Cruise

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The Cross Tag DLC should be out by tonight, aside from that, I could always try to complete Trails in the Sky the 3rd. I guess I could also mow the lawn, but it's raining, so not today.

I'll need to try to wake up pretty early if I want to catch the Direct. What I'm looking forward to most honestly isn't even a new character. I want to see the stages and characters we haven't seen as much of, like Toon Link and FoD.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah I find it weird they used a Wario Land game for a theme instead of an actual WarioWare themed one. Then again, I don't recall any particular themes they could pull from the series for Wario. But for me this would've been better if they used a WL victory theme.

Wario Land had such ****ing bangers dude.
Wario Land 3 is actually my favorite game of all time.
To me, it would have been fitting to pick the first game's victory theme.

Or better yet, Wario World's:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
People are always quick to point out how most characters that get in are important to their franchise, and use it as evidence that only important characters get in.

But here's the thing about that. Most those characters are also really popular. That's usually what happens with main characters. They get fans.

There aren't many cases of the most popular characters in a franchise not being one of the main characters, so there's really nobody to compare a character like Ashley to. She's an outlier.
Daisy and Waluigi I’d say are pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom