• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Putting my guess out there now. Matt from Resetera said there would be a major announcement coming soon about the Nintendo online service. In the Direct, we'll get an announcement about what day the service is launching and with it, I think they're going to announce a "Global Test Smash" to be launched on the day of the service's release.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know we'll probably move on to Tekken 8 before a season 3...

But I sincerely hope they're just like consistently one upping themselves....

''Homer Simpson joins the fight!"
''Harry Potter joins the fight!"

Etc, etc.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well the ESRB leak started like that, having cropped screenshots of the blurry screenshots that were taken, and it took some time before the actual videos got uploaded, while the video uploads were just small parts of it instead of the full ESRB video. I'm still unsure of this one, but we do have precedence of a real video leak being handled like this.
Maybe but you gotta remember that whoever has this footage took the time to split it up and make it into separate gifs to upload separately, it wasn't like they had pictures as well as footage like that leak. Idk the whole format just seems fishy. And where's the rest of this footage anyway? if that's his final smash why does it never show the hit or anything? why does it cut to black so abruptly?

Untouch

Smash Master
Goku getting into smash would make more sense than what's happening in Tekken right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Putting my guess out there now. Matt from Resetera said there would be a major announcement coming soon about the Nintendo online service. In the Direct, we'll get an announcement about what day the service is launching and with it, I think they're going to announce a "Global Test Smash" to be launched on the day of the service's release.
I don't find a demo release/play date reveal unlikely, actually, though whether or not it's under those circumstances is anyone's guess.

I think so, anyway.
But I'm a bit more interested to see if they actually do show off the menus and modes. I already know they're gonna show off a character, that's almost a given at this point, so I wanna put my focus on the other things about the game.

If they say the words "adventure mode" or "story mode" I will cry

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Goku getting into smash would make more sense than what's happening in Tekken right now.
Honestly. Bandai Namco should just use their ties to anime to add Goku or another anime character as the next Tekken guest fighter. Lol.

D

Deleted member

I know we'll probably move on to Tekken 8 before a season 3...

But I sincerely hope they're just like consistently one upping themselves....

''Homer Simpson joins the fight!"
''Harry Potter joins the fight!"

Etc, etc.
"John Cena joins the fight!"

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oh my god
I just witnessed Negan getting confirmed for Tekken

What in the world is this timeline???
I AM NEGAN!!!

I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if newcomers were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?
2nd set: Skull Kid, Ashley, Dark Samus (Echo)

3rd set: Lip, King K Rool, Dixie Kong, Octolings (Echo)

4th set: 7th Gen Pokemon, Bandanna Dee, Isabelle (Echo)

5th set: Geno, Crash, Shadow (Echo)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if newcomers were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?
Set 2: Hehiachi, Decidueye, Blaziken (Falcon Echo)
Set 3: Bandana Dee, Marx, Galacta Knight (MK Echo)
Set 4: Kamek, Ashley, Hilda (Zelda Echo)
Set 5: Maxwell, Rayman, Ken (Ryu Echo)

These all have a theme.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I mean... no glowing eyes for Smash Ball Lloyd

Character render is definitely not reveal trailer quality

I'm surprised by how gullible 4chan is, it didn't use to be like that lol

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Tekken guest characters just keep get odder. Maybe it just that Smash Bros is just wacky enough in concept that the guest characters don't seem out of place lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm waiting for DBFZ's announcement to be "Season 2 will include Android 17, Cooler... and Waluigi!!!"

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
The 8s could mean something, or it could just have been chosen because it's a date people will remember easily.

I get the feeling Negan was picked to compete with other games with crazy guest characters (like MK and such). Oh well, have fun getting past a martial arts bear and a devil, I guess.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Wow, this thread hasn't been moving quite as fast as I thought it would.

Anyway if Heihachi is revealed on the 8th with that other stuff, then the Lloyd thing is probably legit.

If not, then it's bull****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've seen people suggest monthly Smash Directs but I don't think that will happen. A lot of fandoms outside of Smash are still pretty salty about E3 and I don't think Nintendo would deliberately poke the bear on this. I see another Direct in November but I think Nintendo will pump the brakes on Smash news after this Direct for awhile.

Techo1000

Smash Rookie
Set 2(August)
King K Rool, Dixie Kong, Dark Samus (Samus Echo)

Set 3 (September)
Lloyd Irving, Elma, Malos (Shulk Echo)

Set 4 (November)
Incineroar, Isaac, Felix (Isaac Echo)

Set 5 (December)
Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, Octoling (Inkling Echo)

I can imagine all these sets having a trailer revealing all three.

Untouch

Smash Master
How about they take one of the many gokus from DBZF and add him to smash instead? It's sharing.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Alright, alright I made a mistake, I already edited my first post.
It's ok, Vaanrose thinks he's top **** because he's always online on smashboards thinking he's debunking stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iustinus Tempus

Smash Rookie
Reading that thread with the Lloyd images, it mentions that Vergeben can be trusted, and an anon, believed to be the OP, says there is only 8 newcomers.
An another anon say this about that: "Because if it's 8 in total, that puts us at our cap: Ridley, Daisy, Inkling, Lyoid, Heiachi, Simon, Isabelle, Gen 7 rep".
How would you dudes feel about this list of newcomers?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Reading that thread with the Lloyd images, it mentions that Vergeben can be trusted, and an anon, believed to be the OP, says there is only 8 newcomers.
An another anon say this about that: "Because if it's 8 in total, that puts us at our cap: Ridley, Daisy, Inkling, Lyoid, Heiachi, Simon, Isabelle, Gen 7 rep".
A little disappointed because no Ashley, Geno or K Rool. And I don't know or care about Lloyd or Heihachi. But I suppose I could live with it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That doesn’t line up with Vegeta’s leak at all though. We’re supposedly getting at least a half a dozen more newcomers in addition to Ridley and Inkling, so if the leak is true then
we’d get Simon,Isabelle,Gen 7,Heihachi, and Lloyd. We’d need one more. I’m thinking the guy meant eight more newcomers.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh so the Lloyd leak says that our cap is 8 newcomers?

And no DK rep?

It's fake then. No chance in hell there isn't going to be a new DK rep in this game.
People made that same assumption during Smash 4 too. Not saying there won't be, I'm just not sure I used that as a gauge of whether something is fake or real.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People good with an eye for detail. I'm seeing that it's possible to be a Miku Miku Dance Model For Lloyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=COMw0DBnfOM

How does the model match up?
That model is way less detailed than the one in the gifs lmao

For one, RIP Elma, Chrom, Chorus Kids and Bandana Dee :c

Second, why would Bandai Namco get THREE reps, while Capcom, Sega and Konami get two and Square-Enix is still at one? In an ideal world each third party would have two reps each, no more, no less.

Neku Sakuraba for second Square-Enix rep pls

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
This Lloyd leak doesn't seem real to me. Just way too many redflags. Like if he had all this information why wait until the least credible time to post it? I mean, just literally post it 30 mins earlier than the direct was announced and boom, completely credible. But of course wait until after it's announced to say what's in it. And then the pictures themselves just don't make sense. How did he get those such specific ones without getting better ones? And why does he only have ones of Lloyd if he knows all the characters in the game. and wouldn't he know more information about the game? You would think so if he knows all this information

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How long do you think it takes to modify an already existing model in Blender to make it look more Smash-appropriate and animate one or two 2 second clips of them doing an attack with a red glow effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom