• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if newcomers were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?
Set 2: Elma, Bandana Dee, Chrom (Ike Echo)
Set 3: Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, Isabelle (Villager Echo)
Set 4: Simon Belmont, Lloyd Irving OR Yuri Lowell, Dark Samus (Samus Echo)
Set 5: Ashley, Buzzwole, Impa (Sheik Echo)

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't see the Lloyd thing being real, as much as I'd love it. Even Toon Link is rendered in a way that just gives the illusion of cel-shading, that Lloyd render looks like it's actually cel-shaded, which I can't really see happening.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Yeah, but the thing about the K.Rool fanart is that it was easy enough to find in the wild.

....we're still looking for this, and coming up dry. A screencap of an image, easy enough, but an actual video with a never before seen model?
There are plenty of talented modellers and animators who could've made this though, let's not forget that springman and decidueye "leak" from a while back. Besides the whole thing looks off to me tbh, it doesn't really resemble smash's cgi trailers at all really

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I ain’t gonna punk out of this direct if I don’t get what I want...I WILL PUNK OUT IF I DONT SEE SOME KID ICARUS NEWS THOUGH...jk

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There are plenty of talented modellers and animators who could've made this though, let's not forget that springman and decidueye "leak" from a while back. Besides the whole thing looks off to me tbh, it doesn't really resemble smash's cgi trailers at all really
It’s supposed to be a CGI trailer?

OOF, I though it was showing Lloyd’s “in game” Final Smash.

I ain’t giving up on Lloyd though.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I love to see Lloyd I didn't think he has a chance but that leak seems legit hard to say its fake.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I certainly hope we get more than one newcomer revealed.

I needs me some juicy steak to chew on.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Lloyd does get a trailer, I don’t expect it to be CGI. Production IG anime sequence or bust, like Palutena’s trailer pls

Shroob

Sup?
Even without the leak, I'm starting to veer towards a Heiachi reveal on the 8th.

Their extreme emphasis on the number 8, along with the aforementioned wordplay that Namco loves to do has me incredibly suspicious.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
So lil' game:

Which 3 newcomers are you hoping to see in the Direct, from most likeliest to least?

Mine here:

- Bandanna Dee
- Dixie Kong
- Captain Toad
- Bandana Dee
- Isabelle
- Gen 7 Pokémon

Just a few points about this direct:
- I don't think they'll show off a third party here. Third parties seem more like reveals for E3 (Pacman, Mega Man), or late-stage hype reveals (Sonic). I don't know what this means for third parties, but I can't see there being many for the base roster.
- Geno, if he's in, I don't think will be revealed at all until the game released. I feel like he'll be a Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. Considering that we've already gotten a Mario newcomer, and that he's essentially a no-name outside of Smash communities, I think he's the most likely candidate for a secret character
- K. Rool, too, doesn't seem like an August-Reveal type of character, and I think would be a late-stager along the lines of Dedede.
- I think they're saving Fountain of Dreams for a Kirby newcomer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Lloyd clips could easily be from a trailer.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
It’s supposed to be a CGI trailer?

OOF, I though it was showing Lloyd’s “in game” Final Smash.

I ain’t giving up on Lloyd though.
Oh true my bad, still doesn't really look like smash though, that looks to be literally a cell shaded model and it's hard to tell but it doesn't look especially detailed compared to smash's models.

There's also the fact that this has been uploaded in gifs rather than just showing the full footage, that's suspicious in itself

Last edited:

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
So lil' game:

Which 3 newcomers are you hoping to see in the Direct, from most likeliest to least?

Mine here:

- Bandanna Dee
- Dixie Kong
- Captain Toad
Bandana Dee(2nd in want)
A Rhythm Heaven character, preferably Karate Joe(most wanted)
Ninten (3rd most wanted)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh my god
I just witnessed Negan getting confirmed for Tekken

What in the world is this timeline???

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Playing Smash 4 until Wednesday and after the direct more Smash 4 I need Ultimate now Im too hyped somebody help.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if newcomers were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?
Ooh, fun...
  1. Inkling, Ridley, Daisy (Peach) - mid June
  2. Ashley, Buzzwole, Isabelle (Villager) - early August
  3. Skull Kid, K. Rool, Dixie (Diddy) - late September
  4. Dovahkiin, Simon Belmont, Tails (Sonic) - mid November
  5. Isaac, BDee or Elma, Chrom (Ike) - after release
Also, the after release one announces Spring Man and either Rex or BDee (depending on who's in set 5) for DLC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh my god
I just witnessed Negan getting confirmed for Tekken

What in the world is this timeline???
Fighting games are legit trying to outdo one another with the crazy guest characters.

****, Tekken just outdid ITSELF with this one.

I thought Noctis would be as weird as it got for Tekken.

But nope......

Negan.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Set 2:
Bandanna Dee
New Pokemon
Isabelle (Echo)

Set 3:
Simon Belmont
Elma
Dark Samus (Echo)

Set 4:
Heihachi/Nightmare/Lloyd (I can only see one of these tbh)
Ashley
Impa (Echo)

Set 5:
Chorus Kids
Retro Rep
Dixie (Echo)

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's how i'd do my sets

Set 2 (August): Gen 7 Pokerep, Heihachi, Isabelle (Villager Echo)

Set 3 (September): Simon, Marx, Medusa or Viridi (Palutena Echo)

Set 4 (November): Chorus Kids, Elma, Ninten (Ness Echo)

Set 5 (Post Release): Ayumi Tachibana, Geno, Chrom (Ike Echo)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can’t say what I think about that Lloyd leak but...

I JUST GOT BACK FROM CANADA AND FOUND OUT THERE’S A SMASH DIRECT ON WEDNESDAY. LET’S ****ING GO!

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha. Yeah. I'll be in school while it's happening, and my YT Notifs will tell me the characters before i get to even watch it.
Actually I cheated a bit. My flight connects to Toronto, and I'll land at 10:30 AM, so the Direct will probably be finished by the time I get into the airport. Since there's free Wifi there, that's where I'll be watching it. But I won't be able to log into Smashboards from where I stay in Arizona so I'll just go on a week-long hiatus.

Wait until they reveal K. Rool and Rayman and the whole airport will hear me screaming in joy, but torn in pain inside because I won't be able to celebrate in their support threads.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fighting games are legit trying to outdo one another with the crazy guest characters.

****, Tekken just outdid ITSELF with this one.

I thought Noctis would be as weird as it got for Tekken.

But nope......

Negan.
If someone had told me "During EVO, you're going to find out that you'll eventually be able to beat Noctis Lucis Caelum with Negan from The Walking Dead on the same day you'll learn about an imminent Smash Bros direct" before EVO started days ago, I would have been concerned about their sanity.

And yet...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Kinda wish it was a regular Direct...then we could get a little Smash info and more games. Two events in a row Nintendo has focused hard on Smash and that’s cool and all but it’s only one game. I was hoping Nintendo would do a summer direct to make up for the lackluster E3 showing.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Set Two (August)
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight)

Set Three (September)
-Gen 7 Pokemon
-Isabelle
-Impa (Sheik)

Set Four (October)
-Ashley
-Simon Belmont
-Dark Samus (Sonic)

Set Five (November)
-Dixie Kong
-King K. Rool
-Spheal (Jigglypuff)

BONUS: DLC Set (December)
-Twintelle
-Undyne
-Octoling (Inkling)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There's something familiar about the image of Lloyd. Lloyd has been in a number of Tales games besides the Symphonia games so it's kind of hard to say. I can't recall if I've seen that particular render before.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
For people that say Goku in smash impossible, look what Tekken just did. Negan is not even a true Video game character and he's in Tekken. HOW?

Even though it has nothing to do with Smash (Other than that Namco is also working on smash). This increases Sora's chances.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
There's also the fact that this has been uploaded in gifs rather than just showing the full footage, that's suspicious in itself
Well the ESRB leak started like that, having cropped screenshots of the blurry screenshots that were taken, and it took some time before the actual videos got uploaded, while the video uploads were just small parts of it instead of the full ESRB video. I'm still unsure of this one, but we do have precedence of a real video leak being handled like this.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Negan......in a fighting game.....taking on Noctis and Akuma.....on Smash Direct announcement reveal....

....what world do I live in where Negan from the ******* Walking Dead would be in talks involving Street Fighter, Tekken, Final Fantasy and Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh may as well include a hypothetical DLC set of three (in response to Squashinikun’s game):

Twintelle, Rex and Pyra, Addam and Mythra (R&P echo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom