• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The octagon periods thing feels like a reach. Some video production guy in NoA just chose a specific font without thinking about it, I highly doubt Sakurai sent a memo to all regions to please make sure there's as many eights as possible in the title card.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's going to be Sans.

He's gonna have a move where he smacks you with a blue stop sign

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
The 8 could be referring to the original 8 cast. We saw how they'll be the ones you start with according to Sakurai and he'll probably elaborate on that more. Anyways, I'm taking a nap and I'm sure there will be many pages added by the time I wake up.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well this came outta nowhere like the RKO lmao. Can't wait, I'm expecting at least an echo fighter an a newcomer with it's reveal trailer at the end. I wonder if it could be Ashley, with the whole Wario Ware Gold and her being so popular and stuff. Anyhow I have no idea, it could be anyone.

blackghost

Smash Champion
dixie as an echo. new addition
elma get's a full trailer.
king k as assist trophy. smashboards get salty.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just for that I came up with 12 echoes for you.

Mario-Jumpman
Link-Dark Link
Donkey Kong-Funky Kong
Pikachu-Raichu
Samus-Dark Samus
Ness-Ninten
Jigglypuff-Igglybuff
Luigi-Mr L
Fox-James McCloud
Yoshi-Boshi
Captain Falcon-Black Shadow
Kirby-Gooey with arms and legs tacked on.
I like some of those. Like james mccloud.

But still against the idea.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Besides Agent 8(Octoling), I cannot think of anyone who'd be this associated with the number 8.
Heihachi has the character for "eight" right there in his name: 平

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure who this Elmo you guys keep bringing up is

But Grover or Cookie Monster would be more interesting characters

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Damn, I was one week off with my Direct prediction!

I'm so excited though. This is what we have all been waiting for.

As for the newcomer prediciton game, I'm going with:

1. Isabelle
2. K. Rool
3. Rex

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I am so keen for some K. Rool on Wednesday. But, surprisingly I'm even more excited for non character related information.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm still waiting for my BoTW Zelda costume, loz18. Sakurai himself deconfirmed BoTW Zelda, so you better have an excuse if a costume at least based on her doesn't show up in some form.

And I have to say again, in regards to the leak being posted:
>Each fighter will get 16 costumes (just like Little Mac in Smash 4), players start with 8 for each fighter, the method of unlocking them is unknown for now.
Sakurai said outright in the reveal video, "Between the male and female versions, there are 8 different Villagers."
That doesn't necessarily mean there can't be 8 more palettes, farther information can be withheld as what regularly happens and they could have just been showing us that the previous 8 Villager skins are returning. Additionally we were shown the Meta Ridley alt that wasn't available in the demo despite Ridley having 8 alts there, and in Smash 4's E3 demo each of the characters only had 4 palettes available instead of the 8 available in the released game.

IF Verg is legit, the reason he could be talking about the Gen 7 Pokemon is because the direct is going to feature the reveal of it.

Or, since it's on 8/8/18, it COULD be the gen 8 pokemon instead
The project plan was being devised in December 2015, months before Sun/Moon was even announced, USUM pokemon like Dusk Lycanroc and Zeraora are pushing it, a gen 8 pokemon is completely off the table.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Untouch

Smash Master
With how protective TPC is, I very highly doubt we're getting a pokemon reveal outside of an actual pokemon event.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
With how protective TPC is, I very highly doubt we're getting a pokemon reveal outside of an actual pokemon event.
Greninja and Charizard were revealed during the Smash Direct in 2014.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Um... we got Greninja in a Smash direct back in 2014... I think it's very reasonable to it to happen again now...

Takasmash

Smash Ace
My predictions who will be reveal
Rayman
Geno
Simon Belmont
K Rool
Elma
Ashley
Incineroar
Excitebike
Chorus Kids

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Really?
We got Greninja revealed in a Smash Direct.

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
If we’re going to get a Yo Kai reveal, it’s either going to be this direct or sometime in September, due to Busters coming out on September 8th.

Also hoping for Zizou Olympia from Legend of Dark Witch, but the likelihood of that happening is abysmally low.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The 8 could be referring to the original 8 cast. We saw how they'll be the ones you start with according to Sakurai and he'll probably elaborate on that more. Anyways, I'm taking a nap and I'm sure there will be many pages added by the time I wake up.
That could be the case, and if that Ashley leak is legitimate, it would tie into the reveal of the Great Maze mode where you start off with the original 8.

D

Deleted member

New Smash Direct!
Best part is I have as much time to watch it as I can.
Really cool!

Graizen

Smash Champion
>Digimon Survive announced for Nintendo Switch
>Smash Bros Direct announced 6 days after
>Coincidence? Maybe...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Was there a leak saying that there would be a new Smash Direct or even a general Nintendo Direct on August 8?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For character reveal

Wager is two unique newcomers one echo

One unique at the beginning the echo in the middle and the hype one at the end

And hey that could be Dixie kong first then do the "the end?" Trick

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Captain Toad
Viridi
Bandana Dee
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Shadow
Impa
Octolings
Isabelle
A new 3rd Party character

Atleast one of these will be right before the game is out
Not saying it’s happening at all, but if hypothetically the Octolings got announced as a unique newcomer, would y’all be mad?
I would have no problems with this
Why there is a smash direct this early we the full roster be reveal?
Here’s the thing...the full roster isn’t gonna be released heat and there’s still a ****ton of Smash info hidden
...Greninja and Mewtwo both confirmed for Smash 4 in directs that were about Smash and Smash alone...
Was there a leak saying that there would be a new Smash Direct or even a general Nintendo Direct on August 8?
They were mostly off by 5 days (always saying it’d happen on the 3rd of August)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh wow, look! Nintendo is doing a Direct right in between EVO and Gamescom? And *gasp* it's this week? Who would've guessed?? This ****ing guy, that's who!

EVO is this weekend. Gamescom is at the end of the month. And I 100% bet that Nintendo shows nothing at both of them and instead ops for a direct around next weekend. It'd be such a Nintendo thing to do.
I'm betting there won't be a (new and unknown) reveal this month. Who wants to bet against me??
I'll take that bet. August will be the next reveal. Then October. Then release.
Pay up that imaginary cash Slick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom