• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
You forget that the entire ESRB leak was almost thrown out due to a small discrepancy based around font.

Font and Smash is serious business.
all that says to me is Smash is very unpredictable and Smash fans have been doing stuff like this for years with no expected results. I wouldn't put stock in anything

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Is a character from Mario Kart 8.

Pink Gold Peach

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
1. Rayman
2. Ashley
3. Bandanna Dee

If any of these three gets revealed as a fighter during this Direct, I will lose my mind with happiness.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I do think a 3rd party reveal is likely for the direct, that way they can use them to generate more hype at Gamescom by having them in the demo.

Shroob

Sup?
Someone in the thread is claiming it’s a new Tales game featuring Lloyd...can anyone confirm or deny?

Plus it doesn’t look like a Smash Ball aura...

OP is also saying 8 characters total
I mean, 8 is about what most people would assume we were getting after Sakurai's statement.

And props to the leaker for keeping the story straight with Verge. If we're only getting 8 more characters, it lines up with what he's said.

Ridley, Daisy, Inkling

Simon, Isabelle, Gen 7

Lloyd and Heiachi

I don't really 'believe' this at all, but at the same time I've never seen this Lloyd clip before in my life either...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No joke.

If Lloyd gets in ill be almost as excited as I was for Sonic.

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The fact he only showed Lloyd “footage” and no Heihachi is a bit suspicious though

Personally, if I had to choose between the two for a second Bandai Namco rep, I’d choose Lloyd

and I’m worried what this will mean for Elma and Bandana Dee...

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Since everyone else is doing it, here are my newcomer hopes for the Direct:
Geno
King K. Rool
Tapu Koko
Elma(Started Replaying X and I appreciate her more)

My hopes and dreams that will never come true:
Rex and Pyra

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Oh my god, i just got a revelation.

What if the 3 characters Verg leaked... were the characters that will be revealed in the direct?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Somebody please find the source of these Lloyd clips.

If not I'm going to go insane from hype.

Ridley
Lloyd
And Pokemon Trainer

All in the same game will make me explode with hype.

Afterwards they can add Phoenix Wright to have all the pieces combust.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t think I’d main whomever this Lloyd boy is, but I would welcome him to the Smash family
The fact he only showed Lloyd “footage” and no Heihachi is a bit suspicious though

Personally, if I had to choose between the two for a second Bandai Namco rep, I’d choose Lloyd

and I’m worried what this will mean for Elma and Bandana Dee...
If we got a 2nd Namco Bandai rep, I'd go with Ivy..or Goku

And don’t worry about Elma/and Xenoblade newcomer and Bandana Dee...until Daddy Sakurai decides to break your heart early by deconfirming them and only bringing in Ashley
Lloyd, Heiachi, Isabelle and Inkling had Mii Costumes in Smash 4
:BigThink:
Chrom, Viridi, Ashley, Tails, and K Rool also had Mii Costumes in Smash 4

:MegaThink:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My Hopes and Dreams are...

King. K Rool
Issac
Geno
Rayman

And a rather much as a longshot, but still a dream...

Banjo-Kazooie.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have been more wary of Lloyd and Heihachi recently. Those leaks of possibly Lloyd's reveal trailer look legitimate to me. Man, that is two newcomers I missed out on if the leak is true. Wish I had given more thought on those newcomers before my finalized prediction came in June/July. :p

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Just saw this on reddit... anyone recognize these clips/images?

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426683907

4chan warning, obviously.
I don't see this being real, the aura for smash balls seen in the actual build of the game doesn't line up with this one. Also the model itself doesn't seem to have the same lighting and detail as seen with most renders, character models, and even cinematics.
Although this could be because of the resolution of the image, so who knows.
My main criticism of this is that the OP says that he's coming alongside Heihachi, which seems unlikely imo, especially given the supposed low amount of newcomers. Also, don't forget about that K. Rool image that everyone was flipping out about as it's never been seen before, only to be just a high quality piece of fan art.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Afterwards they can add Phoenix Wright to have all the pieces combust.
075.jpg

Ashley may be the number 1 newcomer on my list, but that's just because I think she has a chance. If we're going off pure hopes, Phoenix Wright is my absolute number 1.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hopefully it's true, I just want my offline Tournament Mode ffs, and preferably it should be able to be expanded to 64 entrants like in Melee. It's actually crazy to think that a 64 entrants Tournament can't even fit every character into it these days.
I’d love for this to return because I used to run 64 CPUs fighting for a championship title or become #1 contender...even the women were involved lol

Wait hold on a minute, if Lloyd gets confirmed that would be pretty boss!

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see this being real, the aura for smash balls seen in the actual build of the game doesn't line up with this one. Also the model itself doesn't seem to have the same lighting and detail as seen with most renders, character models, and even cinematics.
Although this could be because of the resolution of the image, so who knows.
My main criticism of this is that the OP says that he's coming alongside Heihachi, which seems unlikely imo, especially given the supposed low amount of newcomers. Also, don't forget about that K. Rool image that everyone was flipping out about as it's never been seen before, only to be just a high quality piece of fan art.
Yeah, but the thing about the K.Rool fanart is that it was easy enough to find in the wild.

....we're still looking for this, and coming up dry. A screencap of an image, easy enough, but an actual video with a never before seen model?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, but the thing about the K.Rool fanart is that it was easy enough to find in the wild.

....we're still looking for this, and coming up dry. A screencap of an image, easy enough, but an actual video with a never before seen model?
I do know that Namco is working on a new Tales Of console game, possibly one that has Lloyd as a cameo. It could be footage from that instead of Smash? Idk

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

There's a couple things that make it scream fake. There's literally nothing in those pictures that relates it to smash. It's all super closeups of Lloyd against a blue backdrop. Every gif is less than a second so it being a well done fan made thing is not out of the question.

Shroob

Sup?
There's a couple things that make it scream fake. There's literally nothing in those pictures that relates it to smash. It's all super closeups of Lloyd against a blue backdrop. Every gif is less than a second so it being a well done fan made thing is not out of the question.
Of course, but at the same time, this leak has a very short window.

If Heiachi gets shown off on the 8th with said stages and Assist Trophies, then I'd wager that would confirm this, along with Veggie Burger.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if newcomers were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I know this leak is probably fake, but man would I love Lloyd to get in Smash.

I mean, HE HAS TWO SWORDS, that’s already badass in my book, and he presents a part of the GameCube era, you know, the era that was almost forgotten (RIP Golden Sun, but Isaac will rise up in Smash).

Though I can hope for Lloyd without warranting this leak.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Of course, but at the same time, this leak has a very short window.

If Heiachi gets shown off on the 8th with said stages and Assist Trophies, then I'd wager that would confirm this, along with Veggie Burger.
I'd say this, More or less, (if fake) this guy's likely been working on this for awhile. Direct comes out and he decides to press his luck on Heihachi on the 8th (not all that crazy a prediction). Hence why he only has material for Lloyd who won't be revealed until September. If Heihachi's being revealed first, I'd imagine Heihachi material would be much easier to get a hold of and more people would know about it making tracking down the person harder. The fact that it's only Lloyd being shown by the 4chan anon is suspicious as all hell.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know this leak is probably fake, but man would I love Lloyd to get in Smash.

I mean, HE HAS TWO SWORDS, that’s already badass in my book, and he presents a part of the GameCube era, you know, the era that was almost forgotten (RIP Golden Sun, but Isaac will rise up in Smash).

Though I can hope for Lloyd without warranting this leak.
Honestly. when speculating, I don't take leaks into accounting either.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a fun challenge for you all. Imagine if characters were revealed in sets of 3, 2 Unique, 1 Echo, and there were 5 sets in total... The 1st was Inkling, Ridley, & Daisy. So there are 4 more sets... how and when would you like these characters to be revealed, & who would be in each set?
Set 1
Ashley
K Rool
Isabelle (echo)
Reveal: Wednesday ;).

Set 2
Incineroar
Elma
Impa (echo)
Reveal: September

Set 3
Amaterasu
Simon
Dark Samus (echo)
Reveal: October

Set 4
Rayman
Geno
Shadow (echo, DON"T START WITH ME)
Reveal: November

Set 5
Bandanna Dee
Dixie
I'm out of echo ideas, sorry.
Reveal: December.

I only need Ashley, really. Everyone else would be a bonus!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom