• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to sound pessimistic or anything, but I don't have high hopes for WarioWare Gold's sales. The 3DS sales have dipped so low that even Mario games are stuggling to sell. Just hitting 500,000 would be a win.

Regardless, I think WarioWare will be fine. The games are fairly popular and they aren't too time-consuming to make. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Switch game announced sometime in 2020.

Shake It! actually broke a million in sales. It wasn't exactly NSMB Wii's numbers, but I thought it would've been enough to pursue a sequel.

I guess the success of Epic Yarn made Good Feel want to pursue other franchises.
Yeah, but I'm kinda glad for that since at least they saved Yoshi from mediocrity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth
So you still think male Pokemon Trainer is not Red.
Is female Pokemon Trainer also not Leaf?

---
I consider them both generic trainers that are based upon two of the most popular designs. Leaf for consistency purposes moreso than just popular. A design isn't inherently the character option, though it's obvious what was intended. However, one key thing is that Pokemon Trainer has nothing to do with Red in Smash at all besides the physical design chosen. And it makes sense. Sakurai wanted it more to be a generic player character to represent how the games are played, not a specific one. This is why it was so easy to make a Leaf alt this time. She's basically the same stand-in for him in FireRed/LeafGreen. It's sad too, cause Red is a legitimately interesting character, but that's not the route Sakurai went for, so eh. Plus, all their alternate colors are intentionally references to other Pokemon Trainers. It's like Villager, a generic Class that still uses the most notable design regardless.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Danny DeVito Mario and James Woods Luigi.
I'm the Pipe Man! I clean the pipes!
Oops! I dropped this super magnum for my super mushroom.
You gotta pay the toad toll, if you wanna get in Luigi's hole! You gotta pay the toad toll to get in!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They should bring Captain Syrup back, either in the Wario Ware series, or in the Mario spinoffs. Give her something, dammit!

Yes, didn't you know Luigi was played by James Woods?
Pit must really hate James Woods to kill more than one version of Hades...jeez
Illumination is making a Mario movie. I need James Woods Luigi.
I now need Luigi saying “oh piece of/some spaghetti”
I am still really ambivalent to that movie. Nothing about the Mario universe seems to be in its favor. Worse is that my boi will either be horribly butchered beyond belief or not in it at all...
Considering Nintendo and Miyamoto himself are also working on the movie to make sure it’s good, it’ll be perfectly fine

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Considering Nintendo and Miyamoto himself are also working on the movie to make sure it’s good, it’ll be perfectly fine
I actually think KIU Hades gives James Woods Hades a run for his money

KMDP

Smash Legend
I am still really ambivalent to that movie. Nothing about the Mario universe seems to be in its favor. Worse is that my boi will either be horribly butchered beyond belief or not in it at all...
I dunno, I'd rather not have Yoshi than have this...
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fb/Yo****SMBM.jpg
Edit: ...okay...? "Yoshi: The Super Mario Bros. Movie" is apparently... censored. :laugh:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah I don't think it'll be good. It's the Minions people, after all.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know Illumination has gotten a bad rep after the Despicable Me/Minions saturation, but it's actually a decent studio to make a Mario movie. The writing isn't always good, but their animation is smooth and colorful.

I'm not gonna gripe and complain too much, because honestly, it could be much worse. Sony (the minds behind the Emoji Movie) and Dreamworks haven't been doing so hot lately. At the very least, we can expect some quality animation, huge advertising campaigns, and the possibility of the Mario movie exceeding a gross profit of $500 million, much like many other movies created by Illumination.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So they made older videos private?...why lol

Edit: They're literally the oldest...maybe it's a thing where they aren't organized correctly because they are private?

More importantly has private videos ever lead to something like the annoucnement of a direct? I feel like it did once but multiple times turned out to be nothing.
Yeah, you're right on both fronts. Sometimes it means a direct is coming up in ~1 week; sometimes it means that they're clearing their video backlog out. I'd like to say it's the former, but on 3DS? Unless it's a 3DS-related Nindie showcase or they're just storing private videos in the 3DS playlist to save time, I'd be kinda surprised if they had 15 videos worth of 3DS content left - even if we get some surprise localizations like Yokai Watch 3 or Etrian Odyssey X.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know that the censor caught the link, but you don't need to point it out by dodging the censors.

Please avoid doing that.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Although speaking of the SMW cartoon, It doesn't matter what personality or actions Yoshi has. He's gonna have a voice people will get irritated by like the cartoon (which btw I liked that version of Yoshi lol)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know Illumination has gotten a bad rep after the Despicable Me/Minions saturation, but it's actually a decent studio to make a Mario movie. The writing isn't always good, but their animation is smooth and colorful.

I'm not gonna gripe and complain too much, because honestly, it could be much worse. Sony (the minds behind the Emoji Movie) and Dreamworks haven't been doing so hot lately. At the very least, we can expect some quality animation, huge advertising campaigns, and the possibility of the Mario movie exceeding a gross profit of $500,000 million, much like many other movies created by Illumination.
I swear to Christ if you start dissing How to train your Dragon I WILL...
Be very upset :c.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So IF Evo has a Smash announcement, when would it happen? First day? Last day? After the tournament finals?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
This is very important.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Although speaking of the SMW cartoon, It doesn't matter what personality or actions Yoshi has. He's gonna have a voice people will get irritated by like the cartoon (which btw I liked that version of Yoshi lol)
And then Yoshi is played by Billy Dee Williams.
This is very important.

Very important, yes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I'm not gonna gripe and complain too much, because honestly, it could be much worse. Sony (the minds behind the Emoji Movie) and Dreamworks haven't been doing so hot lately. At the very least, we can expect some quality animation, huge advertising campaigns, and the possibility of the Mario movie exceeding a gross profit of $500,000 million, much like many other movies created by Illumination.
DreamWorks has been doing more good than bad (eh at the worst), and Sony...they can only do Spider-Man movies and an occasional good film
This is very important.

Beautiful

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is very important.

Woah! I never knew Sakurai could dance like that!

But seriously, it's funny how everyone in the background is smiling and having a good time, while Sakurai is looking straight at the camera with that neutral facial expression of his.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is very important.

It's your Happy Birthday!
Here's your Happy Birthday song!
And on your Happy Birthday!
Nothing can go wrong!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I want an underwater stage that is a combo of Steel Diver and Endless Ocean.

The Steel Diver item in SSB4 was bizarre and cool, but I was hoping that we'd get the main theme track to go alongside it.

---

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I actually think KIU Hades gives James Woods Hades a run for his money
Of course he does, KIU Hades is a Pimp
Also, the Pit-esque Sora has the hardest time killing his Hades.

Game and Wario did away with its iconic mini game format and had awkward controls. Wario Ware Gold is a return to force and a greatest hits compilation. I think Gold will do just fine.
G&W wasn't even going to be a WW game to begin with, either. At least its best part was salvaged for Gold.

Endless Ocean? So now they're porting Wii games?

Which gives me hope for Skyward Sword HD
Now, if only Konami could think about its Rebirth titles...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is very important.

BIRTHDAY!?
IF IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY OR ANY DAY OR THE YEAR! HAPPY MOTHERFRICKIN' BIRTHDAY TO YOU! etc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don't forget the sequel

Let this be our praaaayer~
As we go our waaaaay~
Fun Fact!
This famous song came from a little movie called "Quest for Camelot".
A Warner Brothers Disney knock-off with boring main characters, a hilariously bad villain, and Urkel as a chicken with an axe for a face.
This song is the only thing people remember from this film.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Woah! I never knew Sakurai could dance like that!

But seriously, it's funny how everyone in the background is smiling and having a good time, while Sakurai is looking straight at the camera with that neutral facial expression of his.
That image is courtesy of the evil mastermind, Michael Ashby Michael Ashby .

Sometimes we have too much fun, but it's #worthit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom