• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, after so much sweat and tears went into predicting this unpredictable man, Sakurai's formula for choosing playable characters has been leaked at long last.

I saw this post again and it made me laugh.
This is very important.

I hope he enjoyed it a lot. :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we already have an island stage and a bay stage with Pirate ship possibly returning.

Only idea I got is a Poke floats on water stage where you fight on the backs of whales and other large marine creatures.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Are the Ultimate Exhibition matches today right now?

And if so where are the links to it?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also, the Pit-esque Sora has the hardest time killing his Hades.
This means that Pit > Sora (no matter what Death Battle claims...though Sora is probably a better reader)
Are the Ultimate Exhibition matches today right now?

And if so where are the links to it?
Tomorrow at 6pm and on the main EVO stream...called EVO (weird how many channels they have)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And today's update is...the Rodin AT. I don't know what I was expecting.

You don't want a big budget Hollywood remake of Mama Luigi?
They should release it on the same day as Smash Ultimate.

It is the 27th anniversary of that episode after all.
There was a reanimation collab of Mama Luigi last year, you should see it, it's beautiful.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
For real though, what's the source on Windy Hill Zone being rumored to return? Is it just one of those fake leaks someone made up and posted without giving us a single good reason to believe but for some reason we discuss anyway, or is there an actual basis for it?
The former honestly. It was in one of the 2 Heihachi "leaks" ("leaks" 2 & 3 here: https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion.434391/post-22235255), but the other doesn't fully elaborate on any other stages except the one purported for Heihachi.

Windy Hill being included in the "leak" isn't why I'm banking on it being true. IDK, it just seems more believable than many of the other "leaks" that have transpired, especially because both give slightly different information yet don't directly contradict each other, merely fill in gaps. Plus the writing styles are totally different.

I'm not discounting it from being a well thought out fake, but I personally think it could be real. Plus, Sakurai has expressed interest in Heihachi in the past, Bandai Namco are developing the game again and a character like Heihachi would be a good fit if Nintendo wants to do a Smash Ultimate reveal at EVO. But again we'll see.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lmao Home Movies is an underrated show.
The show was amazing even watching it as a kid lmao

I do think that EVO is going to reveal something new, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being new items and stages while holding characters for a Direct

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
This is very important.

Happy birthday Sakurai! Hopefully you'll take a break and celebrate with your wife!

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129

Delfino is back

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like that Rodin will sometimes leave an item behind as he leaves. That's a super nice touch and reference to his role in the game.

Awesome.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I wonder if Wario's post on the blog and the post about Gold that accompanied him on the Japanese blog is an indication that some characters going forward will be relevant to upcoming releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom