• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As much as I want Ashley I'd be cool with virtually any of the characters.

Kat/Ana would be awesome. Nobody ever talks about that probably because they use swords.
The whole "AT curse" thing is the main issue, besides the elephant in the room that is Ashley.

Before that though, Mona is whom I want the most out of the crew.

Luigi is Hades because Hades, God of the Underworld (GHOSTS!), is the one who tends to get shafted (in modern times).

Also, apparently: "Hades had a cap or helmet that made its wearer invisible". In Super Mario 64 DS, Luigi turns invisible when using the Power Flower.
Each pick actually has some thought put into it. XD Except Ness and Mario.

Honestly? I don't really care if Final Fantasy gets more characters. Though, if it did get more characters, I'd definitely want Tifa, and if it had to be someone from another series I'd pick Warrior of Light.
To be entirely fair, Zeus got around a lot (and Mario had Daisy and Pauline as love interests before settling with Peach). He even transformed into animals (Cappy, need I say more?).

For the record, I want Tifa as well.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing them as a fighter. Unpopular opinion in bound, but Jimmy T would be nice too.

He dances all over his foes
Even better tbh

The whole "AT curse" thing is the main issue, besides the elephant in the room that is Ashley.

Before that though, Mona is whom I want the most out of the crew.
Mona's cool too.
I don't believe in the AT curse.
Haha.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here's the reasoning for everyone.

Aphrodite (:ultpikachu:): Goddess of Beauty; Beauty = Cuteness.
Apollo (:ultlink:): Had an aptitude for Archery.
Ares (:ultfalcon:): God of War, Captain Falcon was the character who used the "Dragon King" Beta character as a base.
Artemis (:ultfox:): Goddess of Wildlife, also an Archer (Shooting)
Athena (:ultsamus:): Goddess of War, female counterpart of Ares, uses a similar base to Captain Falcon.
Demeter (:ultyoshi:): Goddess of the Harvest and Fertility. Yoshi is known for it's eggs.
Dionysus (:ultdk:): God of the Vine.
Hades (:ultluigi:): Mentioned above.
Hera (:ultjigglypuff:): Had a fierce temper.
Hermes (:ultness:): Ness was one of the left overs, Hermes was a trickster, and I guess Ness has a "tricky" fighting style.
Poseidon (:ultkirby:): Another left over character.
Zeus (:ultmario:): The main Greek God, need I say more?

Kirby was actually the one who didn't fit anywhere, I was originally going to make him Dionysus, but the DK Vine pun spoke to me.
Pikachu as a sexy Goddess?
Do we need to have a talk?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pikachu as a sexy Goddess?
Do we need to have a talk?
I was originally going to put Samus on Aphrodite, but she works better as Athena.

Technically Pikachu being there is a... pun? Cute can mean adorable or sexy, after all.
*Looks at list of the Twelve Olympus Gods*

Poor Hephaestus, mistreated and forgotten both in Mythology and modern culture.
Really it depends on which Olympian list you use, nobody really knows if the 12th is Hades or Hephaestus.

That being said, Hephaestus ("the ugliest god") would totally be Melee Yoshi, right Zinith Zinith ?

Seriously though, Hephaestus, God of the Forge... would probably be... hmm... Master Hand?

Sakurai himself.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you want to you can make a Kat & Ana support thread.
I've got to record footage for the Goemon moveset I'm making- the extra effort of that is not gonna happen. I don't support them that much, I just think it'd be neat to have another dual character, and I was only suggesting alternatives from Wario Ware. My main WW pick is still Ashley lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That being said, Hephaestus ("the ugliest god") would totally be Melee Yoshi, right Zinith Zinith ?

Seriously though, Hephaestus, God of the Forge... would probably be... hmm... Master Hand?

Sakurai himself.
Hephaestus could be Kirby, sense Kirby "forges" his abilities from the enemies he swallows. It also kind of works with Hammer Flip, sense it's on fire.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've got to record footage for the Goemon moveset I'm making- the extra effort of that is not gonna happen. I don't support them that much, I just think it'd be neat to have another dual character, and I was only suggesting alternatives from Wario Ware. My main WW pick is still Ashley lol.
I'm a big Fan of Wario, But i havn't played many Wario Games, Played a bit of Smooth Moves and Game and Wario, and I beat Wario Land, So I'm hoping to buy Wario Ware gold.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hephaestus could be Kirby, sense Kirby "forges" his abilities from the enemies he swallows. It also kind of works with Hammer Flip, sense it's on fire.
Hmm... yes...
Hephaestus could also be Mr. Game & Watch.

"Forged" the Nintendo brand into a Gaming industry, while also not being "conventionally attractive" by the standards of the rest of the cast (2D vs. 3D).

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I was originally going to put Samus on Aphrodite, but she works better as Athena.

Technically Pikachu being there is a... pun? Cute can mean adorable or sexy, after all.

Really it depends on which Olympian list you use, nobody really knows if the 12th is Hades or Hephaestus.

Sakurai himself.
Hephaestus would be Metal Mario, both associated with metal and both are forgotten compared to the original 12.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
They probably just didn't want to have a big SNK crossover without the main character of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters, but since it was an All-Female thing they decided to make Terry Bogard a woman as a "gag" (seriously look how uncomfortable Terry looks with the cosplay. XD).
This isn't anything new actually, they did this back in SNK vs Capcom Chaos thanks to Demitri's Midnight Bliss attack.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Everyone should buy WarioWare Gold and support that series as much as possible. Haven't touched my 3DS in ages until the demo came out and it's a blast. This series needs to live on.

and put ashley is smash as playable

KMDP

Smash Legend
the 15 private videso thing

just because its in the 3ds section

that doesn't mean we wont get reveal what ever those videos are for
And then it turns out the videos are actually just hidden in the 3DS playlist because Nintendo thinks nobody will look in there. XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone should buy WarioWare Gold and support that series as much as possible. Haven't touched my 3DS in ages until the demo came out and it's a blast. This series needs to live on.

and put ashley is smash as playable
But it's already a well-selling standalone franchise????

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I honestly didn't have a clue who the character was until I scrolled through the subsequent posts...
Play Kid Icarus Uprising for a full definition of life and not whatever others taught
I'm saying it's not much of a leak because it's easy to predict that Heihachi might be revealed during EVO 2018, if any character was.
Ahs

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know if we've already done this, but it looks like it's been the 3rd in Japan for quite a few hours now, so... happy birthday to the big man himself, Sakurai! Hopefully he doesn't work himself quite as hard on the day.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hephaestus would be Metal Mario, both associated with metal and both are forgotten compared to the original 12.
"Hestia - Greek Goddess of the Hearth and Domestic Life
Hestia used to be one of the Olympians, but the constant fighting and bickering between the gods annoyed her and she eventually gave up her seat to the god of wine, Dionysus. Even though she left the council, Hestia still kept a home on Mount Olympus."

Hestia is Isabelle, confirmed.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
B-but, Viridi was in the Palutena Guidances...
I don't actually own the Wii U version (I own 3DS, but play at tournaments using the Wii U controls and practice with my friend) so have never activated a single one (nor have I been interested in seeking them out on YouTube). I never activated any of Snake's codecs in Brawl either. To me, both are things I wouldn't care (or, indeed, notice) if they were removed and never came back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here's the reasoning for everyone.

Aphrodite (:ultpikachu:): Goddess of Beauty; Beauty = Cuteness.
Apollo (:ultlink:): Had an aptitude for Archery.
Ares (:ultfalcon:): God of War, Captain Falcon was the character who used the "Dragon King" Beta character as a base.
Artemis (:ultfox:): Goddess of Wildlife, also an Archer (Shooting)
Athena (:ultsamus:): Goddess of War, female counterpart of Ares, uses a similar base to Captain Falcon.
Demeter (:ultyoshi:): Goddess of the Harvest and Fertility. Yoshi is known for it's eggs.
Dionysus (:ultdk:): God of the Vine.
Hades (:ultluigi:): Mentioned above.
Hera (:ultjigglypuff:): Had a fierce temper.
Hermes (:ultness:): Ness was one of the left overs, Hermes was a trickster, and I guess Ness has a "tricky" fighting style.
Poseidon (:ultkirby:): Another left over character.
Zeus (:ultmario:): The main Greek God, need I say more?

Kirby was actually the one who didn't fit anywhere, I was originally going to make him Dionysus, but the DK Vine pun spoke to me.
Are you trying to tell me :ultluigi: was eviscerated by :ultpit:?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, the last three Land-related entries didn't sell too well and encouraged Nintendo to focus on Ware extra-hard afterwards.

All this after Syrup was finally acknowledged again, too.
They should bring Captain Syrup back, either in the Wario Ware series, or in the Mario spinoffs. Give her something, dammit!
Are you trying to tell me :ultluigi: was eviscerated by :ultpit:?
Yes, didn't you know Luigi was played by James Woods?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
you could've just said it bombed after 2. i can count sequel numbers + 1. :p
Not what I mean. The three games I'm mentioning are technically part of the Land series, despite different titles.

World fared well enough somewhat, but Master of Disguise and Shake It! (the only "official" Land entry of the three) failed.

They should bring Captain Syrup back, either in the Wario Ware series, or in the Mario spinoffs. Give her something, dammit!
At least I can take solace in the fact that Risky Boots (totally-not-a-sexier-Syrup) is filling up her role in the meantime, despite being in a different series...

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh. I thought you were a serious Kat & Ana supporter. Aside from P.Kat, I don't think that anyone has mentioned them as playable, but they would be interesting.

D

Deleted member

I heard ARMS sold pretty decently so I could see potential DLC.
Some say that it is too late for ARMS, but that is debatable.

Problem solved.
Alfonzo is the guy that can read me a bed time story and kiss my forehead at night.
:)
LEAVE IT TO HIM!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not to sound pessimistic or anything, but I don't have high hopes for WarioWare Gold's sales. The 3DS sales have dipped so low that even Mario games are stuggling to sell. Just hitting 500,000 would be a win.

Regardless, I think WarioWare will be fine. The games are fairly popular and they aren't too time-consuming to make. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Switch game announced sometime in 2020.

Not what I mean. The three games I'm mentioning are technically part of the Land series, despite different titles.

World fared well enough somewhat, but Master of Disguise and Shake It! (the only "official" Land entry of the three) failed.
Shake It! actually broke a million in sales. It wasn't exactly NSMB Wii's numbers, but I thought it would've been enough to pursue a sequel.

I guess the success of Epic Yarn made Good Feel want to pursue other franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom