• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If Alm or Edgelard get confirmed for Smash I’m not gonna be happy...

Celica, Lyn, Chrom, Azura, and Tiki I could definitely bare though.
I don't know who this "Edgelard" is, but I'd be super down for Edelgard being in Ultimate :^)

I hope she becomes playable just so I can see all the salt that results from it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
A serious :ultmarth: script. Apt, with the current Fire Emblem discussion.

Marth: A monster like you has no place on this Earth.
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again give flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Marth: Dastard! The minds and souls of man are not toys to be played with!
Dracula: Hohoho... and who shall stop me, you!?
Marth: I shall. You will commit your sins no longer!
Dracula: What folly... Very well. Have it your way, I will ensure your death be quick, but not painless.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't know who this "Edgelard" is, but I'd be super down for Edelgard being in Ultimate :^)

I hope she becomes playable just so I can see all the salt that results from it.
You have no idea how hard it is to remember that pronunciation.

I thought it was Edgelord at first.

D

Deleted member

If we're getting a transforming character, I'd like to see Tiki. I want her to call Marth Mar-Mar if she beats him in battle plz
Oooh, I forgot about Tiki. She'd be super cool too. :D

Honestly, I just want more non-Lord characters from FE in Smash. Lots of potential for movesets if Sakurai is willing to use some of the FE supporting cast.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm like 99% certain we won't be getting any Fire Emblem newcomers this time around.

But that said, if this game is released and Tiki isn't playable as a Charizard echo, I'm canceling my preorder.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I'm like 99% certain we won't be getting any Fire Emblem newcomers this time around.

But that said, if this game is released and Tiki isn't playable as a Charizard echo, I'm canceling my preorder.
I want there to be one so people can complain about the anime franchise getting more characters and Sakurai is biased
she's coming along just fine, thank you.
Good to hear. Also Who is your canon wife so I can stop seeing people debate about it online

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
No I definitely think there will be a FE newcomer, just not in the base game.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again give flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Dracula: What folly... Very well. Have it your way, I will ensure your death be quick, but not painless.
0/10 Doesn't end with "Have at you!"
/s

My favorite Fire Emblem character is Link because he can perform Limit Break moves when he wields the Monado
Link always reminded me of Meta Knight, my favorite Xenoblade character. I always loved the way he swung around the Sword of Sages with ease, and his Final Smash - Critical Hit - is just great.
If we're getting a transforming character, I'd like to see Tiki. I want her to call Marth Mar-Mar if she beats him in battle plz
Honestly, I don't think we should get another transforming character. I think tt's better if they just stick to one.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
:ultpichu: : Pichu!
Dracula: What is this yellow creature?
:ultpichu: : Pi pi!
Dracula: Not one of a lot of words? SPEAK!
:ultpichu: : Pichu! *attempts to create a shock of electricity but makes itself dizzy*
Dracula: You damage yourself from your own abilities? This may be easier than I thought.
:ultpichu: : Pi? Pi! *attempts again but makes itself dizzy again*
Dracula: Enough with these childish games. Have at you!

Roberk

Smash Champion
My favorite Fire Emblem character is Link because he can perform Limit Break moves when he wields the Monado
Top 5 FE characters

5. Daroach
4. Dark Matter
3. Kirby
2. Bandana Dee
1. Meta Knight

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't think we should get another transforming character. I think tt's better if they just stick to one.
I agree. I would honestly prefer that instead of Corrin, we got Tiki and our FE Fates rep was Azura but that's obviously never gonna happen.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Top 5 FE characters

5. Daroach
4. Dark Matter
3. Kirby
2. Bandana Dee
1. Meta Knight
Oh god it's happening again.

I'm getting March flashbacks.
Oooh, I forgot about Tiki. She'd be super cool too. :D

Honestly, I just want more non-Lord characters from FE in Smash. Lots of potential for movesets if Sakurai is willing to use some of the FE supporting cast.
I'd like to see Nino, Jaffar, Amelia, Knoll, Owain, Nah, Takumi, or Zeke, as far as non-lords go.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 Fire Emblem newcomers:
1. Future Trunks
2. Nightmare
3. Darth Vader
4. Travis Touchdown
5. Minecraft Steve

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I can’t wait for tomorrow!

Having pro players and even pro players from other fighting games playing Smash Ultimate is definitely a treat!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
QUESTION

These questions are a follow up to the whole "what if there was a month where a reveal trailer happened every week"

What month would you prefer this to happen in & who would you like to see revealed?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Oh god it's happening again.

I'm getting March flashbacks.

I'd like to see Nino, Jaffar, Amelia, Knoll, Owain, Nah, Takumi, or Zeke, as far as non-lords go.
"As the armies of planet Popstar marched upon the Halidom of Ylisse..."
"It's clear that King DeDeDe is the true Exalt worthy of the throne."

This is why they should have the Breidablik as an item, give the popular supporting casts a chance at the spotlight. In the recent earnings report, FEH was said to have earned $400 million. People want these characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean if you think about it Smash 4 Charizard is basically a manakete already. He's not able to transform into a dragon without a magical stone (Charizardite X). Making Tiki into an echo of him is just so obvious! We can also make Fae an echo of Ridley and Ninian can be an echo of Yoshi (since she doesn't have wings).

Anyway The Black Knight is my favorite Kirby character. I think it's cool that he's an edgelord who wears a mask and wants to be the strongest knight in the galaxy. I also like how he gives Kirby the Ragnell before their showdown just to make sure their fight is nice and fair, even if it leads to his undoing.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
QUESTION

These questions are a follow up to the whole "what if there was a month where a reveal trailer happened every week"

What month would you prefer this to happen in & who would you like to see revealed?
This month please. 5 weeks this month. So my 5 most wanted characters I guess.
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Ray 001 from Custom Robo
3. Chrono
4. King K Rool
5. Simon

Noipoi

Howdy!
Top 8 Fire Emblem characters.
1. Electrode
2. Diglett
3. Nidoran
4. Mankey
5. Venusaur
6. Rattata
7. Fearow
8. Pidgey

We gotta rap some Fire Emblem! Let's get it on!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean if you think about it Smash 4 Charizard is basically a manakete already. He's not able to transform into a dragon without a magical stone (Charizardite X). Making Tiki into an echo of him is just so obvious! We can also make Fae an echo of Ridley and Ninian can be an echo of Yoshi (since she doesn't have wings).

Anyway The Black Knight is my favorite Kirby character. I think it's cool that he's an edgelord who wears a mask and wants to be the strongest knight in the galaxy. I also like how he gives Kirby the Ragnell before their showdown just to make sure their fight is nice and fair, even if it leads to his undoing.
It's all cute and adorable when Yoshi eats people, but do you really want to see Ninian do that?

3 people somewhere in the world might, but that's besides the point

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Decided to give one for :ultroy: a go.

Roy: Dracula...
Dracula: Well met, son of Eliwood!
Roy: I can't allow you to leave here alive, demon!
Dracula: Oh? So the young, brave lion bares his fangs at last. How quaint. If only you showed such tenacity when your father almost fell by my hand, then perhaps your initial little campaign might have had a non-zero chance of being successful.
Roy: You have no right to speak his name!
Dracula: Ha! Your father was but a mere insect that deserved to die that day, but perhaps, I can settle for his son! But enough talk! Have at you!
Roy: For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultfalcon:: Show me ya moves!
Dracula: All right, prepare to die you weird racing man!
:ultfalcon:: Falcon....
Dracula: Falcons? I do not see any Falcons you....
:ultfalcon:: PAAAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Dracula gets blasted out of the world.*

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
QUESTION

I think that a bunch of November reveals would be cool - right up to release.

Let's say Fridays...

Nov 2: Just past Halloween - Meet out little Witch. Introducing Ashley!
Nov. 9: Let's keep the spooky going. The vampire hunter Simon comes out!
Nov. 16: It's the day before the anniversary of Skyrim's release, and just after Skyrim's 7th - Meet Dovahkiin!
Nov. 22: Guess what released in the US Nov 22, 1999...DK64's villain is inbound: King K. Rool!
Nov. 30: Dawn of the final week...Skull Kid makes an appearance!
Dec. 7: Release!

PS - and just toss in other Echoes anywhere...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dracula: Oh what now...
:ultvillager::...
Dracula: A little boy?
:ultvillager::.....
Dracula: Why are you not speaking?
:ultvillager::..
Dracula: SPEAK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
:ultvillager::. . . . . . . .
Dracula:......?