• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Anyway, I may have to go to bed soon cause I gotta get up early for an interview. I’ll comment on any leaks afterwards.

Night all, and wish me luck!
"Just want to wish you good luck, we're all counting on you."
No, but seriously; Good night, and Good Luck!
:ultbowser:: We talkin' castles? Don't even get me started!
:ultbowserjr:: Tell em' Papa!
Dracula: Get. Out.
Yes.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, I just realised it's past 3am over here... I should probably pack it in soon as well :drshrug:

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Right now I'm banking on those Heihachi "leaks" that @tehponycorn brought up a few days ago.

Two "leaks" from apparently 2 separate people. Both claim they work at Nintendo, one of whom clarified they work at Nintendo of America, and both were sent to work on setting up SSBU for EVO. It's explicitly stated to be an updated build. Each seems to have different motivations; the first is just reporting what they know, the other seems to not care if they lose their job if it means letting people know ahead of time.

Both "leaks" note that there will be a character swap out, with some characters and stages removed from the demo and others added in their place (Snake, Bayonetta and Ridley are some of the removals and among the added fighters are Yoshi, Toon Link and Wolf, along with Heihachi). Both give largely identical information but in a mostly different order, but only one details all the stages (both note that "Final Destination" is being swapped from Omega Battlefield to Omega Suzaku Castle). Also one claims that items will be togglable to on & off in this build, the other merely states the menu layout has changed. Heihachi's stage will be "Dragon's Nest" from the Tekken series, and according to one of the "leakers" it seems to be a cross between that stage's design in Tekken 5 & Tekken 7.

I currently believe these "leaks" because they seem to not share writing styles and noteworthy is that they don't have all the same information, but neither contradicts each other either.

The only way his inclusion would be "controversial" would be if Sakurai only included young Heihachi instead of old Heihachi (or preferably both), or with people who just don't like Tekken.

Guess we'll see in a couple days.
I personally would prefer Ling Xiaoyu, Eddy Gordo, or Jin Kazama instead of Heihachi.
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic
Capcom has Ryu and Mega Man
Namco has Pac-Man and reportedly Heihatchi
Konami has Snake and reportedly Simon Belmont

So... who will join Cloud? Geno? Terra? Black Mage? Slime? Anges? Olberic?
My top favorite picks
Sora, Squall, Lightning, Laura Croft, Neku Sakuraba, Tifa, and anyone with a Gunblade. But hopefully Sora.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't get too excited yet, we have no idea how heavy Ridley actually is, he could be like Mewtwo and Rosalina for all we know. I personally expect he is going to be a bit lighter than expected, because of his thinness and air affinity, as well as the fact he seems to be designed to be more of a glass cannon.
High weight can also be offset by high gravity and below average falling speed values. Bowser may be the heaviest fighter in Smash 3DS / Wii U, but he's more vulnerable to getting Star KO'd than Donkey Kong and King Dedede.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)
Oh wow, I just realised it's past 3am over here... I should probably pack it in soon as well :drshrug:
It’s like 10 here in NY.

Sooooo...
Who’s going to get Super Smash Bros. Ultimate this year?

Can someone link me to where Vergeben mentioned this "controversial" character?
Vergeben never mentioned a controversial chracater. He couldn’t verify anymore newcomers.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
It’s like 10 here in NY.

Sooooo...
Who’s going to get Super Smash Bros. Ultimate this year?
Ahh, I live in the UK. At the time of this post it's 3:23. I, uh, definitely shouldn't have stayed up this late! For the second night in a row. :|

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Alm or Edgelard get confirmed for Smash I’m not gonna be happy...

Celica, Lyn, Chrom, Azura, and Tiki I could definitely bare though.

Roberk

Smash Champion
*ATTENTION EVERYONE*

WE ARE NOW ENTERING HYPECON 5. HYPE IS REACHING CRITICAL MASS.
Pff, that Hypecon 5 is for babies.

"What if we get radio silence until a week before the game's launch to have a newcomer revealed every day?"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Laura Croft
Weird way to spell out “The Tomb Raider”

Next time for Lyn...but Alm/Celica/Chrom for echoes and Anna/Edelgard/Fjorm for unique Smashers

D

Deleted member

Even better: We get all the Fates royals! Can't wait to play as Camilla, the best FE character. :troll:

...I think I just made myself feel physically ill by typing that...

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Right now I'm banking on those Heihachi "leaks" that @tehponycorn brought up a few days ago.

Two "leaks" from apparently 2 separate people. Both claim they work at Nintendo, one of whom clarified they work at Nintendo of America, and both were sent to work on setting up SSBU for EVO. It's explicitly stated to be an updated build. Each seems to have different motivations; the first is just reporting what they know, the other seems to not care if they lose their job if it means letting people know ahead of time.

Both "leaks" note that there will be a character swap out, with some characters and stages removed from the demo and others added in their place (Snake, Bayonetta and Ridley are some of the removals and among the added fighters are Yoshi, Toon Link and Wolf, along with Heihachi). Both give largely identical information but in a mostly different order, but only one details all the stages (both note that "Final Destination" is being swapped from Omega Battlefield to Omega Suzaku Castle). Also one claims that items will be togglable to on & off in this build, the other merely states the menu layout has changed. Heihachi's stage will be "Dragon's Nest" from the Tekken series, and according to one of the "leakers" it seems to be a cross between that stage's design in Tekken 5 & Tekken 7.

I currently believe these "leaks" because they seem to not share writing styles and noteworthy is that they don't have all the same information, but neither contradicts each other either.

The only way his inclusion would be "controversial" would be if Sakurai only included young Heihachi instead of old Heihachi (or preferably both), or with people who just don't like Tekken.

Guess we'll see in a couple days.
Does anyone save the link to these "leaks"?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I still doubt anything will be revealed at EVO. Nothing happened with the other conventions. So why should I suddenly believe this one?

I only see newcomer reveals with Nintendo Directs. Not only that but wouldn't Sakurai mention to stay tune for it as well?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah what if another character from Warioware got in?...

besides Mona, Jimmy, 9-Volt and anyone else who isn't Ashley.
Jimmy T with his Final Smash being the cats dancing at the disco

Hey that sounds like a great theme name

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I still doubt anything will be revealed at EVO. Nothing happened with the other conventions. So why should I suddenly believe this one?

I only see newcomer reveals with Nintendo Directs. Not only that but wouldn't Sakurai mention to stay tune for it as well?
Well he might wait until closer to the reveal, such as tomorrow night. But yeah I wouldn't expect much if neither him or Nintendo mention it.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Well, if Heihachi is in the game, then EVO would be the place to reveal him.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
just gonna say quick:

Hector >>>>>>>>>>> Adelgard

Also I wouldn’t mind an Alm and Celica tag-team tbh.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall jumping on axe waifu over the 300 pounds of pure macho manliness that is Hector and his Armads, smh.

S M H

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a transforming character like Selkie, Velouria or Panne.

Lynn would've been dope too, though... ;-;

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
:ultpacman:: Wakka Wakka wak
Dracula: .....What is this before me?
:ultpacman:: Wakka wak
Dracula: Vile yellow beast, I am once again made flesh! And I shan't bare your insolence and vile speech.
:ultpacman:: Wakka Wakka wak
Dracula: What is this Pac-Man? A miserable pile of pellets. Enough of Wakka Wakka, have at you!

blazefan519

Smash Ace
In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a transforming character like Selkie, Velouria or Panne.

Lynn would've been dope too, though... ;-;
If we're getting a transforming character, I'd like to see Tiki. I want her to call Marth Mar-Mar if she beats him in battle plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom