• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The KH original characters and content are all owned by Disney at this point, however due to contracts they have to run things by Nomura and SE if they want to have input with anything regarding them. De facto, the popular orignal human characters are quite obviously of Square's design to the point that it's downright strange to say it's not a Square franchise.
Keep in mind in the context of Smash, when people say a Capcom character, they just mean the company they own it. It's the reason Bayonetta is called a Sega character. So in the end, they're still Disney characters ownership-wise. SE is just far more part of it than your usual 3rd party franchise. That's what I meant by a strange situation anyway. Disney owns it, but their agreement is to work with SE when it comes to licensing it out. That's simply the contract and all.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I... don't think I do.
Oh boy, do I have an interesting tidbit of Yoshi facts for ya.

In Yoshi's Island, you can end the Naval Piranha boss battle prematurely (i.e. before the cutscene happens) and it's INTENTIONAL!!! When you do it, Kamek will fly in and instead of his usual dialogue, he will exclaim "OH MY!" and fly off ending the level.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
It'd be great if certain characters derailed Dracula's monologuing. :laugh:
I could do Pit.

:ultpit:"Die monster, you don't belong in this world!"

Dracula: "It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute."

:ultpit:"First off, I'm an angel sent by the heavens of light, and second of all, tribute for what!? Stealing souls off of innocent civilians and treating them like slaves? That's just....messed up!"

Dracula: "Hah! What would an "angel" know of the soul?"

:ultpit:"Because I've seen how humans die like this, for good or for the worst, the ones who try to protect or the ones that remain vulnerable are the ones who suffered because of you! What I want to know, is what would you know about fate of an innocent being anyways, you treacherous blackheart!"

Dracula: "You dare question me, about fate!? I think a better question is, what is an "angel", a miserable little pile of spirits, but enough talk, have at you!

"Alternate Quote"- :ultpit:"Because souls are part of who the person is, what makes them who they are and what they're consequences are! That's what makes them special. For good or for worse, there has to be a balance, and you are destroying what little balance there is left!, I won't let you desecrate another soul!"

Dracula: "Your words are as meaningless as your sheer existence. You were dead once, you will be dead again, HAVE AT YOU!!

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
An easy derailment. :ultmegaman:

Megaman: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again give flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Megaman: Tribute!? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
Dracula: What would a... machine know of the soul?
Megaman: …I am more than a machine. I have more of a heart than you ever will!
Dracula: Is that so? Very well! Show me this... “soul” you claim to have. Have at you!
I can actually hear those Dracula lines in his voice in my head and it's amazing.

KMDP

Smash Legend

In Yoshi's Island, you can end the Naval Piranha boss battle prematurely (i.e. before the cutscene happens) and it's INTENTIONAL!!! When you do it, Kamek will fly in and instead of his usual dialogue, he will exclaim "OH MY!" and fly off ending the level.
Yoshi OP pls nerf.

---
This one was fun to write. :ultbayonetta:

Bayonetta: What's a fine gentleman like you doing in a castle like this?
Dracula: ...I should be asking you the same question, Witch.
Bayo: Now, now, is that how you should treat an honoured guest?
Drac.: Funny, I don't remember inviting you.
Bayo: I thought we could go on a nice little roadtrip and kill God together.
Drac.: I need nobody's help to slay God.
Bayo: Oh, what a pity. Ta Ta.
Drac.: Hold, harlot! Do you think you can just waltz into my castle uninvited and get away with it?
Bayo: ...Yes, obviously.
Drac.: Then you are as foolish as the Belmonts, have at you!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ok here's something I wanted to ask because I was interested in people's opinions.

What's one character you think is very likely but is rarely talked about/isn't thought of as likely?

And what's one character you think isn't likely but is discussed a lot/considered likely?

Here's mine -

Impa - I'd say Mimikyu, but it gets pretty discussed here. On the other hand Impa is practically a guarantee for an echo spot and she rarely gets brought up when we talk about echoes (which as everyone likes to complain about, happens a lot). It's surprising with how generally popular she is. I wonder, is it because everyone thinks she's likely that people don't bother discussing it? She's the most likely echo fighter for me.

Elma - Despite the fact that a Xenoblade 2 rep seems less likely, I didn't jump on the Elma bandwagon. I really don't think Sakurai would have thought Xenoblade needed another rep in late 2015, nor would I think he would've picked Elma. I never thought she was a likely option before and I definitely don't now. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like playing as her or having her on the roster. Personally I just don't see us getting any Xenoblade character in the base roster.
I would say Lycanroc is extremely slept on when compared to Decidueye and Mimikyu. Those two are often seen as the foregone conclusion of who could possibly be a rep for Gen 7, even though their resumes are generally less impressive than Lycanroc. I think the reason Lycanroc is ignored is due to Dusk's late debut, even though we know the idea of Dusk was at least conceived by November 2016.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let me do one. :ultsonic:

Sonic: Get the heck outta here, monster! You don't belong here on this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans, who wish to pay me tribute. What could you know about that, little rodent?
Sonic: Rodent?! I'm a hedgehog! And I know for sure it's never good to take men's souls, let alone enslave them!
Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions. You wouldn't happen to know religion, would you, "hedgehog"?
Sonic: I practice the religion of Freedom, and that's what I am gonna defend! Your empty words don't faze me, 'cuz all men could live better without someone like you!
Dracula: Tell me, hedgehog...what is a man to you? I personally find man to be a miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk! Have at you!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yoshi OP pls nerf.

---
This one was fun to write. :ultbayonetta:

Bayonetta: What's a fine gentleman like you doing in a castle like this?
Dracula: ...I should be asking you the same question, Witch.
Bayo: Now, now, is that how you should treat an honoured guest?
Drac.: Funny, I don't remember inviting you.
Bayo: I thought we could go on a nice little roadtrip and kill God together.
Drac.: I need nobody's help to slay God.
Bayo: Oh, what a pity. Ta Ta.
Drac.: Hold, harlot! Do you think you can just waltz into my castle uninvited and get away with it?
Bayo: ...Yes, obviously.
Drac.: Then you are as foolish as the Belmonts, have at you!
I'd like to see Sonic have one where he snarks that he was sent to another storybook world heh

(Kinda ninja'd by SonicSmasher1, but not the Storybook game reference joke. Though I guess not a rodent is from Secret Rings)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Going to that newcomer thing from pages ago.

:4villager:
Reveal: Yay new Smash game and this guy seems kinda cool
Launch: Okay he's kinda fun.

:4megaman:
Reveal: Indifferent. Never played one of his games before.
Launch: I like zoning characters but this one just doesn't jive with me.

:4wiifit:
Reveal: lol that's so funny
Launch: Still a weird af character

:rosalina:
Reveal: MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER IS HERE AND HER PLAYSTYLE LOOKS AWESOME!
Launch: I am the only person on the world who likes playing as this character

:4littlemac:
Reveal: Boring af moveset just doesn't do anything for me
Launch: ...I don't think I've ever played him.

:4greninja:
Reveal: Cool. Can I have Mewtwo back?
Launch: Pretty fun. Can I have Mewtwo back now?

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Reveal: The only worse addition is Little Mac
Launch: Literally Dress Up in a video game

:4palutena:
Reveal: OH MY GOD I AM GETTING BOTH OF MY MOST WANTED CHARACTERS
Launch: Why is your default moveset so slow bby

:4pacman:
Reveal: Okay
Launch: Okay

:4lucina:
Reveal: AND NOW IM GETTING MY THIRD MOST WANTED CHARACTER BLESS SAKURAI
Launch: Please cut Marth so I can have this girl forever <3

:4robinm:
Reveal: Don't care. Show me more Lucina.
Launch: Okay you're pretty fun but there are so many other characters I want to play.

:4shulk:
Reveal: MY FOURTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER HOLY CRAP
Launch: My finger hurts from mashing B...

:4bowserjr:
Leaked Reveal: MY FIFTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER WHAT IS THIS
Launch: This is really fun. I just wish you were better boy.

:4duckhunt:
Leaked Reveal: The only good Retro choice they had.
Launch: Who's a good doggo this one.

:4darkpit:
Leaked Reveal: Okay
Launch: He has his music for a victory theme so he's better than average

:4ryu:
Leaked Reveal: Literally don't care
Launch: These inputs are too hard.

:4cloud:
Reveal: ...This is the greatest timeline and I don't even play FF
Launch: I do enjoy a good broken af character

:4corrin:
Reveal: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS
Launch: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS

:4bayonetta:
Reveal: I don't want this I don't need this why are you the winner
Launch: Guys am I good at this game now?

TL;DR hype meter

:rosalina:>:4palutena:>:4lucina:>:4shulk:>:4bowserjr:>:4cloud:>:4duckhunt:>:4villager:>:4wiifit:>:4darkpit:>:4robinm:>:4pacman:>:4greninja:>:4megaman:>:4bayonetta:=:4corrin:=:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:>:4littlemac:

And Brawl because 7th/8th grade memories are fun I guess

:metaknight:
Reveal: Who are you?
Launch: Why are you broken?

:pit:
Launch: Why are you so spammy?

:zerosuitsamus:
Reveal: Okay I guess?
Launch: I think I have a new main

:wario:
Reveal: Why are you dressed like that?
Launch: I can win by farting what is this?

:snake:
Launch: I don't understand anything here...

:ike:
Reveal: Marth's brother???
Launch: I want Roy back

:pt:
Reveal: Finally someone remotely interesting!
Launch: Why is Ivysaur a liability?

:diddy:
Reveal: Does this mean Bowser Jr is coming?
Launch: *throws banana* *throws another banana*

:lucas:
Reveal: Guess Ness isn't coming back! As long as they don't cut Pichu.
Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT PICHU AND ADD THIS CHARACTER NO ONE WANTED!

:sonic:
Reveal: Your games suck why are you here?
Launch: Your moveset sucks why are you here?

:dedede:
Reveal: This is the guy from Kirby Air Ride, yes?
Launch: Indifferent

:olimar:
Reveal: I remember this guy. His game was boring.
Launch: pew pew pew pew pew pew

:lucario:
Reveal/Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT MEWTWO FOR YOU!!!!

:rob:
Reveal/Launch: Truly, there is no one new in this game I am going to enjoy.

:toonlink:
Reveal/Launch: So they rebranded Young Link but why didn't they rebrand Pichu???

:wolf:
Reveal/Launch: Who are you?

TL;DR: :pt:>:diddy:>:wario:>:zerosuitsamus:>:metaknight:=:pit:=:snake:=:ike:=:olimar:=:wolf:=:rob:>:sonic:>:toonlink:>:lucario:
Your opinion on Sonic is wrong and you should feel bad.

blackghost

Smash Champion
im just going to leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QkKdmBv_k

dabuz messed up on his analysis he hasnt considered the system changes in place bayonetta being faster is and will make a huge difference that may cover these new weaknesses. but overall theres no reason to be complaining about this character in ultimate moving forward.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I posted this in the Ashley support thread, but this is a deep look at Ashley's prospects that I think it is integral to share with other speculators who are thinking about Ashley's circumstances.

With Wednesday drawing to a close, I do not think we will be getting a Nintendo Direct this week. One hypothesis I possessed was that due to so few months left until Ultimate's release and due to Sakurai likely only have only a few (4-6) non-echo newcomers left, that we would get our reveals in three Nintendo Directs before Ultimate's release:
1. A Nintendo 3DS focused Direct.
2. A Q4 focused Direct.
3. A Smash Ultimate focused Direct.

I thought that one of the purposes of a 3DS focused Direct would be to help advertise and promote WarioWare Gold and Etrian Odyssey X. Both of these game's release tomorrow in Japan (August 2nd). Now, there are no more games with set release dates for the 3DS in Japan.

It seems as though the 3DS Nintendo Direct is not going to happen. Unless there is a multitude of unannounced 3DS software Nintendo is making, there simply is not enough material for a Direct. Nintendo only has two 3DS titles left that we know about (Luigi's Mansion 1 3DS port and the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake). I would think for a Direct to be viable they would need three more titles to announce for the platform. With how the platform was treated at E3 (it was not featured at all in the E3 Direct), it might be possible Nintendo is retreating on plans to support the platform through 2019.

If that is the case, it might be a possibility that the rumored Wario Land title, might be the last notable exclusive game made for the 3DS (and even then that game might end up being retooled to be cross-gen like the Captain Toad port, Sushi Strikers, and according to rumors, the Luigi's Mansion port).

One less Nintendo Direct means one less opportunity for a character unveil. Each week that goes by without new information, the probability of each additional non-echo newcomer slot slightly goes down. Sakurai has said that we hope that we are not "hoping for too many new fighters". What this means, is open to a myriad of interpretation as to what is the upper and lower limits to the integers involved in this statement. Personally, I see it as five or six non-echo newcomers left at most, especially given how much time is left until the game's release (only four months left).

Now who fares well under a scenario where there are only five or six newcomers left? That is again open to interpretation. For example, K. Rool is far, far more popularly requested than Geno, but fans of Geno can point to Sakurai's own statements on the character as a sign of the character having favor over K. Rool in terms of "priority". Who has priority in a situation where there are not enough seats for your biggest prospective guests? We can only guess.

Since this is the Ashley thread, I think the topic should go to Ashley. Where does she stand? She is most likely in the Top 10 most wanted newcomers on the Japanese side of things. She had been a character that was cross-promoted in a lot of other Nintendo media (most notable the Badge Arcade and 3DS themes). This in particular shows Nintendo thought Ashley had enough appeal for people to spend money on media just for her alone.

How many people? How much money? I do not have the figures, and I have no idea how many and how much (Nintendo might have disclosed somewhere how much money the Badge Arcade and Nintendo 3DS themes have made them, however, I doubt they gave the figures on how much Ashley related media was bought and how much income it brought them). However, what we do know is that Sakurai has gone on the record to say Smash Bros. does promote other Nintendo media, especially media that is relatively contemporary at the time. Is Ashley a brand? If Nintendo sees her as one, despite her not becoming any more prominent (or much more prominent) than the rest of the WarioWare cast within the WarioWare games, she might be promoted into a character slot. I would see this as a likely newcomer under a normal Smash Bros. scenario.

However, Ultimate is not a normal scenario. This is the first game since Melee, where the entire previous cast has returned (and indeed Sakurai has said that this most likely will be the only time that this will ever happen), and also, the only game where its unveil did not keep people guessing and speculating as to who was coming back. The tradeoff though was for in exchange for every single member of Smash's cast getting one more time in the spotlight, there would be a much lower figure of true newcomers than there was for Brawl and Smash 4. I imagine the echo fighters will be fulfilling the same role that Melee's six clones did, they will exist to fluff up the number of new fighters to the game due to the number of unique newcomers being low compared to the previous installment.

Does Ashley stand tall in such a landscape? Let us look at whom has been added so far. Inklings and Ridley. For the former, Splatoon has been an absolutely enormous success. Splatoon is now a bigger franchise in Japan than Final Fantasy. Splatoon was the second-highest selling Wii U game in Japan (with only New Super Mario Bros. U, a launch title and a sidescrolling Mario game, selling more). Splatoon 2 is the highest selling Switch game in Japan, and has sold on par with the likes of Brawl and Smash 4 3DS in Japan, both of which were the highest selling Smash games in Japan, and Splatoon 2 is stilling selling (it will probably crack three million copies sold in Japan alone eventually). There is a very strong reason why Inklings were featured alongside Mario and Link as the only characters shown in the Ultimate teaser back in March. They are that big now (at least on the Japanese side of things).

Then we have Ridley. Ridley was among the very few characters left whom was implemented in his own franchise from the very beginning and such a critical actor in his own series that he made more regular appearances in his own franchise than Ganon/Ganondorf in The Legend of Zelda series. Ridley had been a very popularly requested character among Western Smash Bros. fans for over 17 years. He, alongside Samus and Metroid, is one of few the faces of the Metroid series, one of Nintendo's most esteemed and long running franchises. He was just as much a titan and a legend as the Inklings were (in their short history).

Now where does Ashley fit? She is not Inkling or Ridley, that is for sure. However, within the past few years, Ashley has become a sort of brand, especially so for Nintendo's dedicated handheld, the 3DS. If there is ONE WarioWare character that has notoriety, excluding the series namesake character, its Ashley. However, does Nintendo plan to continue to make Ashley a "brand"? She got a dedicated mini-game in WarioWare Gold, and its conceivable that such a game could be sold separately as a 3DS download only title (much like Pyoro was sold separately on the DSiWare shop). However, what is Ashley's future?

That last question is important. An integral consideration that Sakurai had when deciding much of Smash 4's roster, was just that. WarioWare as a series, was on a five year hiatus from Game & Wario to WarioWare Gold. The five year hiatus did not stop Ashley though. She continued to appear in other media and games. This might be taken as a sign that Nintendo sees Ashley beyond WarioWare.

However, it is not just what Nintendo's consideration is, it is Sakurai's consideration too. Take this for example. Back during Brawl's development, Miyamoto suggested to Sakurai that Pac-Man would make a great guest character, and Sakurai just laughed it off, thinking of Pac-Man as just a pie-shaped circle when dismissing him. This is an integral example, as Nintendo could make the suggestion of "hey, you should promote Ashley", and Sakurai could just think, "what has she done to warrant to make her playable, she just seems like just another member of Wario's crew? I only have some many slots available this time for new characters."

The question then falls under further scrutiny when you take into consideration just how few true newcomers Sakurai has time to implement. Is Ashley more important than promoting the current face of Pokemon? Is she more important to promote than K. Rool or Dixie Kong? More important to promote than Bandanna Dee? More important than putting in someone representing Rhythm Heaven? Do all or some trump Ashley?

I feel that if Ashley does make it in, its not just going to be her popularity or "I think she could be an interesting fighter", but the fact that Nintendo might see her as a sort of "brand" separate from Wario. There is some evidence for this, and it will be interesting to see if it continues in the future.

I feel Ashley still has good prospects for getting in despite Gold's release coming and going. We most likely will have Wario as today's update so that something is being used to promote Gold's Japanese release.

However, she is far from a shoe-in. She can easily not make it just due to the fact that there are very few non-echo newcomer slots left. Keep all this in mind as you either put Ashley on your prospective rosters, or hope for her inclusion.

Edit, some additional thoughts to add:
Ashley's strongest point is not "Japanese popularity" but rather if Nintendo sees her as a "brand" separate from WarioWare (the amount of Ashley themed badges in the Badge Arcade and Ashley 3DS themes might be evidence for this). Under other considerations (being the most popular WarioWare character aside from Wario, possible moveset potential) probably are not enough for her to get in as as a newcomer under Ultimate's unique circumstances.

Does Nintendo make money off of Ashley alone? Can they continue to make money off her alone? If the answers to those questions is "Yes, and A LOT", she stands taller than even the likes of K. Rool. That is how a side character from a relatively less notable Nintendo franchise manages to get in as an unique fighter when there are less than ten unique newcomer slots available.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Going to that newcomer thing from pages ago.

:4villager:
Reveal: Yay new Smash game and this guy seems kinda cool
Launch: Okay he's kinda fun.

:4megaman:
Reveal: Indifferent. Never played one of his games before.
Launch: I like zoning characters but this one just doesn't jive with me.

:4wiifit:
Reveal: lol that's so funny
Launch: Still a weird af character

:rosalina:
Reveal: MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER IS HERE AND HER PLAYSTYLE LOOKS AWESOME!
Launch: I am the only person on the world who likes playing as this character

:4littlemac:
Reveal: Boring af moveset just doesn't do anything for me
Launch: ...I don't think I've ever played him.

:4greninja:
Reveal: Cool. Can I have Mewtwo back?
Launch: Pretty fun. Can I have Mewtwo back now?

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Reveal: The only worse addition is Little Mac
Launch: Literally Dress Up in a video game

:4palutena:
Reveal: OH MY GOD I AM GETTING BOTH OF MY MOST WANTED CHARACTERS
Launch: Why is your default moveset so slow bby

:4pacman:
Reveal: Okay
Launch: Okay

:4lucina:
Reveal: AND NOW IM GETTING MY THIRD MOST WANTED CHARACTER BLESS SAKURAI
Launch: Please cut Marth so I can have this girl forever <3

:4robinm:
Reveal: Don't care. Show me more Lucina.
Launch: Okay you're pretty fun but there are so many other characters I want to play.

:4shulk:
Reveal: MY FOURTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER HOLY CRAP
Launch: My finger hurts from mashing B...

:4bowserjr:
Leaked Reveal: MY FIFTH MOST WANTED CHARACTER WHAT IS THIS
Launch: This is really fun. I just wish you were better boy.

:4duckhunt:
Leaked Reveal: The only good Retro choice they had.
Launch: Who's a good doggo this one.

:4darkpit:
Leaked Reveal: Okay
Launch: He has his music for a victory theme so he's better than average

:4ryu:
Leaked Reveal: Literally don't care
Launch: These inputs are too hard.

:4cloud:
Reveal: ...This is the greatest timeline and I don't even play FF
Launch: I do enjoy a good broken af character

:4corrin:
Reveal: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS
Launch: WHY ARE YOU HERE YOUR GAME SUCKS

:4bayonetta:
Reveal: I don't want this I don't need this why are you the winner
Launch: Guys am I good at this game now?

TL;DR hype meter

:rosalina:>:4palutena:>:4lucina:>:4shulk:>:4bowserjr:>:4cloud:>:4duckhunt:>:4villager:>:4wiifit:>:4darkpit:>:4robinm:>:4pacman:>:4greninja:>:4megaman:>:4bayonetta:=:4corrin:=:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:>:4littlemac:

And Brawl because 7th/8th grade memories are fun I guess

:metaknight:
Launch: Why are you broken?

:pit:
Launch: Why are you so spammy?

:zerosuitsamus:
Reveal: Okay I guess?
Launch: I think I have a new main

:wario:
Reveal: Why are you dressed like that?
Launch: I can win by farting what is this?

:snake:
Launch: I don't understand anything here...

:ike:
Reveal: Marth's brother???
Launch: I want Roy back

:pt:
Reveal: Finally someone remotely interesting!
Launch: Why is Ivysaur a liability?

:diddy:
Reveal: Does this mean Bowser Jr is coming?
Launch: *throws banana* *throws another banana*

:lucas:
Reveal: Guess Ness isn't coming back! As long as they don't cut Pichu.
Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT PICHU AND ADD THIS CHARACTER NO ONE WANTED!

:sonic:
Reveal: Your games suck why are you here?
Launch: Your moveset sucks why are you here?

:dedede:
Reveal: This is the guy from Kirby Air Ride, yes?
Launch: Indifferent

:olimar:
Reveal: I remember this guy. His game was boring.
Launch: pew pew pew pew pew pew

:lucario:
Reveal/Launch: WHY DID THEY CUT MEWTWO FOR YOU!!!!

:rob:
Reveal/Launch: Truly, there is no one new in this game I am going to enjoy.

:toonlink:
Reveal/Launch: So they rebranded Young Link but why didn't they rebrand Pichu???

:wolf:
Reveal/Launch: Who are you?

TL;DR: :pt:>:diddy:>:wario:>:zerosuitsamus:>:metaknight:=:pit:=:snake:=:ike:=:olimar:=:wolf:=:rob:>:sonic:>:toonlink:>:lucario:
You forgot Lucas and Dedede in your TL;DR for Brawl

KMDP

Smash Legend
A fun one for :ultmarth: (a serious one will come later :laugh:)
Marth: 滅びよ!ここは、お前の住む世界ではない! (Begone! This world is not yours to live in!)
Drac.: Oh, great. A foreigner.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let me do another one. :ultluigi:

Luigi:...Di-i-i-ie...monster...? Yon''t b-b-belong here,,,!
Dracula: What's the matter? You seem scared.
Luigi: I am! Yet I was sent to fight you. Do you know how wrong it is to enslave men by stealing their souls?
Dracula: It's the same for all religions, little man. But I am not sure if I want a weak soul like yours.
Luigi: H-h-how c-c-could you say such empty words? Whatever i-it takes, I'll save man f-from the likes o-of you!
Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! Especially you! But enough talk! Have at you!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's mine:

:ultwario:: Get outta here, monster guy!
Dracula: It is you who must get out. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
:ultwario:: Bla bla bla, now GIMME ALL YOUR TREASURE, I got better things to do, places to go!!
Dracula: How dare you! Do you know who you are talking to? The lord of darkness!!
:ultwario:: Yeah well, I'm the lord of rotten-ness! Go ahead and try me.
Dracula: A miserable little pile of secrets, or pile of filth, in your case. But enough talk, have at you!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wario is today’s character on the blog. Fitting since WW Gold was released recently

Also DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon what’s shakin in Leak Land, bacon?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kirby: Hai!
Dracula: ...What?
Kirby: Hai!
Drachula: Speak english, foul pink beast!
Kirby: Poyo!
Dracula: I don't have time for this...
Kirby: Inhales Dracula

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I would say Lycanroc is extremely slept on when compared to Decidueye and Mimikyu. Those two are often seen as the foregone conclusion of who could possibly be a rep for Gen 7, even though their resumes are generally less impressive than Lycanroc. I think the reason Lycanroc is ignored is due to Dusk's late debut, even though we know the idea of Dusk was at least conceived by November 2016.
I'd honestly really like to see Lycaroc be playable, but I actually feel pretty confident it will be a different pokemon that makes the cut simply for moveset reason. Sure, Sakurai and the rest of the development team have proven time and time again that they can make interesting movesets out of pretty much anything. But when choosing a Pokemon rep, I feel like they'll go for one that has a lot of potential to be really unique rather than just whichever one is simply being promoted heaviest at the time. Decidueye has feather/leaf arrows and can use its wing like a bow. Incineroar is a heel fighter who shoots flames from his, um, belt. And Primarina makes balloons out of water and can attack with sound. Does Lycanroc really have any standout abilities aside from looking cool and smacking people with rocks?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wolf: Die, monster. You don't belong here!
Dracula: Alucard again? Time to put an end to you.
Wolf: Alucard? Not sure who you think I am, but I know one thing.
I'm owed an apology....and I will have it!
And you'll be seeing your dad soon, monster.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let me do another one. :ultluigi:

Luigi:...Di-i-i-ie...monster...? Yon''t b-b-belong here,,,!
Dracula: What's the matter? You seem scared.
Luigi: I am! Yet I was sent to fight you. Do you know how wrong it is to enslave men by stealing their souls?
Dracula: It's the same for all religions, little man. But I am not sure if I want a weak soul like yours.
Luigi: H-h-how c-c-could you say such empty words? Whatever i-it takes, I'll save man f-from the likes o-of you!
Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! Especially you! But enough talk! Have at you!
Dracula: What's the matter scared?
:ultwolf: Hey! That's my line!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wario is today’s character on the blog. Fitting since WW Gold was released recently
>Memories bring up Warioware games, but not Wario's actual game of origin or Wario Land
Gee, way to put SML2 and the game that put him on the map under the bus, Nintendo. Gunpei Yokoi has to be rolling in his grave right now.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultkingdedede:Dedede: Die monstah! You don't-I say-You don't belong here!
Dracula: And who's going to stop me? A fat bird?
:ultkingdedede:Dedede: That's KING fat bird to you, I tell ya what! No one disrespects the king!
Dracula: Your speech patterns are both annoying and amusing,
:ultkingdedede:Dedede: Ya'll best get ready for the clobberin' of a lifetime!
Dracula: Alright now it's simply annoying, prepare to die!
Escargoon: You better get it with a money back guarantee!

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Here's mine:

:ultwario:: Get outta here, monster guy!
Dracula: It is you who must get out. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
:ultwario:: Bla bla bla, now GIMME ALL YOUR TREASURE, I got better things to do, places to go!!
Dracula: How dare you! Do you know who you are talking to? The lord of darkness!!
:ultwario:: Yeah well, I'm the lord of rotten-ness! Go ahead and try me.
Dracula: A miserable little pile of secrets, or pile of filth, in your case. But enough talk, have at you!
This is the funniest monologue I've ever read in years! Mad props to you man; you made my day! Lol. Now give me your treasures!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm interested in what a dialogue between Dracula and R.O.B. or Duck Hunt would sound like.

G&W too.

I should really play the original YI one of these days.

I've played YI DS and Woolly World, so I'd probably enjoy it.
YOUR REACTION
If we get an entire month where a newcomer would be revealed every week.
I'd be pretty happy about this.

It'd be better if done in August or October, because those months technically have 5 weeks instead of 4.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Also DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon what’s shakin in Leak Land, bacon?
I kind of understood why we didn't get the "memory" updates before because version differences between countries, but with today's update being Warioware Gold I don't know why we didn't get one in America. I guess it would be weird now???

Honestly it just makes the other language versions feel real lazy, like they can't get a picture of those games?
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ons-including-smash-bros-ultimates-e3-reveal/

So Sakurai said the name of the studio he commissioned for the CG cutscenes was Digital Frontier- what was the name of the studio the Gengar leaker worked at again?
Not that. I forget the exact name (Spooky something?). But yea not that I thought that rumor was likely...

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So how legit are these Heihachi leaks? Not that it’d surprise me; he’d be decently expected based on the current roster and developers.

Still not really expecting anything on Friday except reveals for Soul Calibur. Sakurai’s playing things close to the belt this round.

One less Nintendo Direct means one less opportunity for a character unveil. Each week that goes by without new information, the probability of each additional non-echo newcomer slot slightly goes down. Sakurai has said that we hope that we are not "hoping for too many new fighters". What this means, is open to a myriad of interpretation as to what is the upper and lower limits to the integers involved in this statement. Personally, I see it as five or six non-echo newcomers left at most, especially given how much time is left until the game's release (only four months left).
...Don’t forget though that Sakurai hates leaks and likes people to be surprised. We’ve never had a circumstance where all newcomers were officially revealed before release. I don’t think that the time between now and then will matter much - we’ll get a reveal or two in a direct or two, and there’ll be some surprises which will get datamined and leaked at release.

Are we doing Dracula conversations now? Okay
Uhh, never played Castlevania, but I can give it a go with my main...

:ultlink:: ...
Drac: ...?
:ultlink:: ...
Drac: ...
:ultlink:: ...!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did one for Pit, even though FantasticMr.StarPit FantasticMr.StarPit already did one.
:ultpit:
Pit: There you are, Vampire!
Dracula: Oh, an angel. Tell me, have you come to 'smite' me?
Pit: Um... smite? Uh... Yes! Something like that. You steal the souls of man and enslave them to your will. In the name of the great Lady Palutena, I-
Dracula: Oh? Tell me, how is what I do any different from your precious... “Lady Palutena's” design?
Pit: -and free this land from your tyranny! ...Oh, sorry, were you saying something?
Dracula: I see... You are but a fool. Very well then, you shall pay for your ignorance with death.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait when did Verge say a controversial character is coming?

Let's be real considering his prior Minecraft comments? It's gonna be Steve isn't it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I need an Ashley reveal in my life right about now.

That would make August fantastic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
XC2 datamine spoiler ahead

I’m still sincerely hoping Elma is announced for Smash with the latest Xenoblade 2 patch when she becomes a new Blade in XC2

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait when did verge say a controversial character is coming?

Let's be real considering his prior Minecraft comments? It's gonna be Steve isn't it.
He didn't say anything about a controversial character. Basically just a rumor due to a misreading of his original statement.

Though we could still get Steve? regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom