• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Lets play a fun game.
Not counting the final boss, lets say Ultimate had an Adventure Mode.
Name five bosses you would want.
1. King Hippo
2. Hades
3. Grima
4. Dr. Eggman / Dr. Wily team up in some sort of new mech.
5. Kraid

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly i really don't know enough about him to determine that. What does make him Crummy?
It seems like he feels he's entitled to thanks for "leaking", and he gets upset at people who piggyback off of his rumors or don't believe him. And he rants frequently about people spreading rumors despite him arguably doing the exact same thing. And anyone who calls him out for his spotty history is met with his intense anger. Also, pparently there is a group of people "in the know" about Smash, Vegetable Man himself being one, and they're not too happy with Divergebent spreading this information because it limits what new information may come. But of course, any of these people could be absolute liars, so there's no way of really knowing if there's consequences for these supposed "leaks".

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
4. Too Lazy to name one, but a Legend of Zelda boss would be cool. Like Bongo Bongo.
5. Porky was pretty cool. Keep Porky.

Uh....

What is with the "jejeje"?
"Jejeje" = "Hehehe" in (Latin American) Spanish.

Now, as for bosses...

1. Death Egg Robot
2. Perfect Zygarde
3. Safer Sephiroth
4. Hades
5. Metal Gear REX

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m gonna answer some things I wasn’t able to get to.
Skull Kid - The timing for his 3D re-release is perfect, and that mask/game are iconic in the world of Nintendo

Lycanroc - Where did the support base come from? It's a bare-bones Pokemon who's most popular form didn't even exist when the game was being planned
It began as early as 2016. When Midday and Midnight forms were revealed they were pushed pretty significantly by Game Freak as if they were important as much as the starters. Due to this, it could’ve been possible that Game Freak could’ve suggested Lycanroc to Sakurai because it was planned to be one of the big Gen 7 mons, not to mention that Lycanroc can use earth based powers which was something no one did in the roster yet (and there’s Isaac, which I’m hoping for, but they would still be as unique). If you look at when the Lycanroc support thread was made, it was first made in February of 2017, and this was when there was only Midday and Midnight forms, before Dusk was a thing.

It wasn’t until recently that the support for Lycanroc became notable because everyone was just talking about Mimikyu and Decidueye. Dusk just amplified Lycanroc’s big push, but the support was still there when there was only Midday and Midnight since it was that noticeable. It’s just in terms of Smash, no one batted an eye until now.

Hopefully that helps.
————————————————-
Okay, also there was some people that were talking about a possible Gamescon reveal.

What’s so important about Gamescon?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Lets play a fun game.
1. King Boo
2. Kraid
3. Vaati(giant eye form)
4. Kracko
5. Eggman

Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic
Capcom has Ryu and Mega Man
Namco has Pac-Man and reportedly Heihatchi
Konami has Snake and reportedly Simon Belmont

So... who will join Cloud? Geno? Terra? Black Mage? Slime? Anges? Olberic?
Lara Croft. Hopefully. About the only other Square owned character I could consider an actual gaming legend.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
4. Too Lazy to name one, but a Legend of Zelda boss would be cool. Like Bongo Bongo.

Uh....

Petey Pirahna
Necrozma
Dark Matter
Manhandla
DJ Octavio

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
1. Dark Matter
2. Giygas
3. Dr. Eggman
4. Primal Groundon and Kyogre
5. Draggadon

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone from ARMS who isn't Twintelle. They'd probably all have really long range but laggy moves and idk if that's my playstyle :/

I do like a good zoning character like Duck Hunt so who knows?
Yep, same here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It seems like he feels he's entitled to thanks for "leaking", and he gets upset at people who piggyback off of his rumors or don't believe him. And he rants frequently about people spreading rumors despite him arguably doing the exact same thing. And anyone who calls him out for his spotty history is met with his intense anger. Also, pparently there is a group of people "in the know" about Smash, Vegetable Man himself being one, and they're not too happy with Divergebent spreading this information because it limits what new information may come. But of course, any of these people could be absolute liars, so there's no way of really knowing if there's consequences for these supposed "leaks".
Geez. Sounds harsh.
(Who's Vegetable Man?)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lets play a fun game.
  1. Dr. Robotnik
  2. Exor (hahahaha)
  3. Bongo Bongo
  4. If not playable, then Skull Kid/Majora
  5. Sephiroth. If only to hear that damn song in a Smash game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
5. Porky was pretty cool. Keep Porky. Or Eggman.

Uh....

1. Mr. L
2. Guard Scorpion (iconic first boss from FFVII)
3. Porky
4. Zero-Two (Kirby 64)
5. Telethia the Endbringer (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This shows why he's a crummy person.

Who cares if he feels entitled, honestly. It doesn't affect us at all. If he's right, fans get characters they want. If he's wrong, fans still get characters they want. It's just different fans. Nothing changes. He's an attention hog. Better to ignore anything besides his leaks and if they're worth looking at. The information among the leaks is important. What's not is his attitude.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic
Capcom has Ryu and Mega Man
Namco has Pac-Man and reportedly Heihatchi
Konami has Snake and reportedly Simon Belmont

So... who will join Cloud? Geno? Terra? Black Mage? Slime? Anges? Olberic?
Either Sora, Geno or a Dragon Quest character

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This shows why he's a crummy person.

Who cares if he feels entitled, honestly. It doesn't affect us at all. If he's right, fans get characters they want. If he's wrong, fans still get characters they want. It's just different fans. Nothing changes. He's an attention hog. Better to ignore anything besides his leaks and if they're worth looking at. The information among the leaks is important. What's not is his attitude.
Yeah. Agreeable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
1. Heavy Lobster
2. Dr. Wily
3. Dr. Eggman
4. Thanatos. Or Pandora, if she's not playable.
5. Dracula (if Simon's in)

Geez. Sounds harsh.
(Who's Vegetable Man?)
You know what they say, he who fights monsters may live long enough to become one himself.

So are we all in agreement that Ridley wasn't too big, but Kraid is?
Basically, yeah. Super Metroid did a fakeout with a miniature fake one, which certainly implies that he's nowhere near small now.

we need more fat characters
Besides Porky and Dr. Eggman, what else we got as options?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ew. don't remind me of that Impa design.
It's a great design, though. It's a good cross between her younger and older self. She looks quite inshape and ready to rumble, but also still has her older features to a degree. Best of both worlds. That, and we could use some heavyweight females, really~

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's a great design, though. It's a good cross between her younger and older self. She looks quite inshape and ready to rumble, but also still has her older features to a degree. Best of both worlds. That, and we could use some heavyweight females, really~
Didn't that version of Impa inadvertently cause the problems in both Oracle games?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lets play a fun game.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
1. Mecha Dragon from Mega Man 2 (with some of Ridley's Boss moves)
2. Krako
3. Giratina
4. Death Egg Robot (may as well take it all the way)
5. Wingo

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Lemme rephrase what i meant. It's a good design, I just don't personally like it. Impas always been shown as either a Ninja, or an Old Lady, But I have a few issues with this design

1. Is she even old? she looks way too young. No Wrinkles or anything.
2. She just looks like some random fat lady. Not, Well, Impa.

Could just be me, But i dunno.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One could do worse by suggesting the (post-cursed) Zora Queen, though admittedly the priority for that one is rock-bottom low.

As an aside, are there any female characters that could qualify as "heavy" by simply having too much/heavy equipment they carry around? Otherwise the best compromise is having Fio and Eri making it as alts for Marco, with an optional Big Mode.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I think no leak is worth mentioning to begin with in my eyes. I like to think & share what content we hope to see without showing a rumor permeated with blocks of texts and fake pictures that at the end of the day means nothing. Granted, there's many in the community that loves to speculate, and that's fine by me. I wanna stay surprised, but no luck has it that everything will be spoiled near the game's release. (Like Zorak (from Space Ghost C2C-Cartoon Planet, "Oh well, what are you gonna do?") lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
YOUR REACTION
If we get an entire month where a newcomer would be revealed every week.
HELL YEAH BABY!!! Best way to make up for the drought that was last month!

bonus points if Elma and Bandana Dee (and maybe Simon) are among the newcomers revealed

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The start of the Dracula fight had better include the what is a man cutscene, complete with whichever character you fight him with doing Richter's lines.
Kirby: Hii!
Dracula: IT IS NOT BY MY HAND I AM ONCE AGAIN GIVEN FLESH. I WAS BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD BE HEU-MANS WHO WISHED TO PAY ME TRIBUTE.
Kirby: Pyo!
Dracula: PERHAPS THE SAME CAN BE SAID OF ALL RELIGIONS.
Kirby: *does a happy little dance*
Dracula: WHAT IS A MAN?! A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom