• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

2B would be neat, but she'd need to be censored first.
Censored? Nah...

Sure she is showing some nice leg, but even censored Bayonetta seems just as revealing as her.

I think 2B is fine uncensored.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Ridley will not likely be heavier than Bowser, but I can see Ridley as a heavy.
I can see Ridley's weight being just above Samus/Bowser Jr. to below Mario or even lighter (Mewtwo and Rosalina are among the biggest characters on the roster yet are the second lightest and fourth lightest characters respectively), we can't make any informed observation of his weight without thorough testing or datamining.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can see Ridley's weight being just above Samus/Bowser Jr. to below Mario or even lighter (Mewtwo and Rosalina are among the biggest characters on the roster yet are the second light and fourth lightest characters respectively), we can't make any informed observation of his weight without thorough testing or datamining.
I have seen Ridley in Ultimate though, he does not get launched that far compared to others.
Seems like a heavy to me. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With Ridley you can justify his lighter weight due to how lanky the ****** is, he's skinnier than the average Code Geass character design
His scales are also clearly heavily on top of each other. It looks like you can blow some wind through his body like an air chime. So him being a bit lighter makes sense due to his design alone.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic
Capcom has Ryu and Mega Man
Namco has Pac-Man and reportedly Heihatchi
Konami has Snake and reportedly Simon Belmont

So... who will join Cloud? Geno? Terra? Black Mage? Slime? Anges? Olberic?
Sora

Geno ain’t a guest. He’s a halfway.

D

Deleted member

Kind of a Hot Take, but Brawl's Adventure Mode is far better than Melee's Adventure Mode.
Unless we got side-by-side comparisons with equivalent factors, it's all just assumptions.
I honestly am not too sure about Ridley's weight, so I can not assume he is a superweight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sora

Geno is 100% a guest. He's owned by Square-Enix entirely.

Sora is actually owned by Disney, but there is important factors related to his creator, who is an employee under Square-Enix. It's a very strange situation in itself. Basically, Disney fully owns him, but all it takes is to ask the creator for the go-ahead and boom, done. Licensing still entirely requires Disney regardless. He's actually closer to a "half-way" in comparison.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sora

That's not how that works.

Kind of a Hot Take, but Brawl's Adventure Mode is far better than Melee's Adventure Mode.

I honestly am not too sure about Ridley's weight, so I can not assume he is a superweight.
Honestly, I always assume everything with wings is lighter than it looks because it has to be able to fly.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Vergeben's stated reason is that he lacks verification and wants to get something more concrete before saying anything about the character. An exact quote from Reddit on the matter:

"At the moment, they all have corroborating Smash information. Only one has heard of another character that the others haven't, but that character is also one that they hear conflicting things about. That's why I haven't said anything about that character since there's no point to unless I hear it more definitively and from my other sources too. "

Whether one believes him or not is another matter, but yeah it has nothing to do with him wanting to avoid backlash for claiming a "controversial" character is in.
Well that settles that. I knew he never stated anything about a controversial character.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Man, this took me back to my childhood. Battle for Bikini Bottom and the SpongeBob Movie game are hidden gems.

SpongeBob will never get in Smash, but I'd main the heck out of him if this was his moveset.
Why thank you. Also, if this fan game does end up getting made, you could technically main Spongebob with this Moveset (albeit with some changes, but still). I was afraid people would react negatively to this, but I'm glad they didnt. I'll go ahead and tell you that I was also asked to make a Patrick Moveset which should be done tomorrow as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So here's another question/game I have. (I'm a little worried to ask since this newcomer isn't always a fan-favorite here, but...)

There's no hard rule that a newcomer has to get a remix related to themselves to go along with their debut in Smash, but that's been the case for many Smash characters. In this game, we already have a remix of Ridley's theme and the original Splatoon's theme song (Splattack), but what about Daisy? What would she get?

I was thinking about something from Super Mario Land, but since I can choose anything (and because Mario Kart Wii gave me so many fond memories), I'd like to see this song.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Sora is actually owned by Disney, but there is important factors related to his creator, who is an employee under Square-Enix. It's a very strange situation in itself. Basically, Disney fully owns him, but all it takes is to ask the creator for the go-ahead and boom, done. Licensing still entirely requires Disney regardless. He's actually closer to a "half-way" in comparison.
Geno is a weird case in terms of third party characters. He's owned by a third party company (Square Enix) but he is part of a first party Nintendo franchise (Mario). That was what he meant.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Don't get too excited yet, we have no idea how heavy Ridley actually is, he could be like Mewtwo and Rosalina for all we know. I personally expect he is going to be a bit lighter than expected, because of his thinness and air affinity, as well as the fact he seems to be designed to be more of a glass cannon.
That's fair, but it's still great to see Ness' Up Smash gain some range. His down Smash also got ledge spiking capabilities now, so you can tell they spent some time buffing his Smash attacks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note: I honestly thought Moogle would be the Smash FF rep over Cloud.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

To be honest, I really don’t think Geno that much as a guest fighter. Yeah he’s owned by Square Enix, but he is affiliated with and only the Mario franchise and has only appeared in Nintendo games (there was only like three, but they’re all from Nintendo). That’s why I say he’s a halfway due to how he’s used in relationship with Nintendo.

That’s why I wouldn’t treat him as a sole 3rd Party fighter since he is basically a Mario character. Plus, it would sort of suck if Geno was our only guest for Ultimate since he’s not that well known and doesn’t bring in a new universe along with him, he’s Mario after all. There are alot of other characters from SE and other third parties that people really want, I would be happy for Geno fans, but aside from the character itself, there isn’t a lot else he can bring with him that isn’t connected with Mario.

That’s just my stance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's fair, but it's still great to see Ness' Up Smash gain some range. His down Smash also got ledge spiking capabilities now, so you can tell they spent some time buffing his Smash attacks.
Well that is cool.

I have a question, did Ness's down throw combo get removed or at least nerfed, or is it still there?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Vergeben seems like a real crummy person if I'm being honest. I'd LOVE for Simon to not be in at all just to see him wrong.
You kinda came off as someone who’s more crummy
Lara Croft. :p

In all seriousness
Lara Croft is a serious choice
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic

Lara Croft or Sora...but Lara Croft from Tomb Raider >
2B would be neat, but she'd need to be censored first.
And to have her game ported to the Switch

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest, I really don’t think Geno that much as a guest fighter. Yeah he’s owned by Square Enix, but he is affiliated with and only the Mario franchise and has only appeared in Nintendo games (there was only like three, but they’re all from Nintendo). That’s why I say he’s a halfway due to how he’s used in relationship with Nintendo.

If Geno gets in, I wouldn’t treat him as a our sole 3rd Party fighter since he is from the Mario franchise. Plus, it would suck if Geno was our only guest for Ultimate since he’s not that well known and doesn’t bring in a new universe along with him, he’s Mario after all. There are alot of other characters from SE and other third parties that people really want.

That’s just my stance.
The way I think about it at this point is that he's a Squeenix character that debuted (side note: a weird word) in a Mario game.
I don't expect him to share a logo with the Mario crew, even.

Only way we'll know is if we see though, I guess.

inb4 the second Squeenix entry is from SMRPG and isn't Geno. It's Culex.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The guy is crummy, but why would that do anything but just make other fans of Simon less happy? It wouldn't do anything to him. He's already treated as not very credible due to his own behavior. It's basically a waste of time to hope for this.
Honestly i really don't know enough about him to determine that. What does make him Crummy?

D

Deleted member

It is funny to think that Goku from DBZ is maybe more likely than Goku from Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

If Geno gets in, I wouldn’t treat him as a our sole 3rd Party fighter since he is from the Mario franchise. Plus, it would suck if Geno was our only guest for Ultimate since he’s not that well known and doesn’t bring in a new universe along with him, he’s Mario after all. There are alot of other characters from SE and other third parties that people really want.

That’s just my stance.
I get that, but he's still 100% of a guest. Being a Mario character definitely makes people think he isn't purely 3rd party. Makes sense, honestly. Inaccurate, but the perception is very understandable. Unless he somehow gets his own symbol, which there's little reason to, he'll just be another Mario character... just not a Nintendo-owned one, heh.

I wouldn't say it'd suck if Geno was our only 3rd party. He's severely popular. I think we'll get another besides him, but he's a very pleasing addition regardless. It's really a question of the few other easy 3rd parties to get. There's very few options from Microsoft(B&K are wanted, but aren't nearly as likely as people rate them, then you got Steve? and Master Chief who are way more likely due to being from a franchise that made a huge splash in gaming, moreso than B&K did game-wise. Fulgore's right between, really. Killer Instinct absolutely made a splash, but while the things it brought continues to matter to this day, even for Smash itself, it's basically niche and never given credit. It's just kind of a sad situation for the franchise, but it also never was as popular as Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, so it's understandable).

D

Deleted member

This is the ledge guarding Down Smash buff I was talking about! @ShinyLegendary

A PSI Kid swinging his Yo-Yo from across killing Kirby at 82.6% with Kirby flying to the blast zone fast and it being able to skip the ledge.

This kid has not only brains but talent.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic

Who will join Cloud from Square Enix?

Either Geno, a Dragon Quest character, or, based on precedence of their crossovers: Tifa and/or Sephiroth.

The "Final Fantasy" logo used for the series on the website is specifically Final Fantasy VII's so I imagine they won't stray far from it.

Tifa has appeared in almost all spinoffs and crossovers that Cloud was in, if she wasn't in the original she was usually in the sequel.

Not only that, but if Cloud's playable, Tifa's usually playable too.

Sephiroth has appeared almost as often.

Obviously, this isn't a Square Enix production, so Sakurai is not beholden to their... "rules"... :laugh:.

Also, KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 , I noticed you had me quoted in your signature. Nice. :)

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The way I think about it at this point is that he's a Squeenix character that debuted (side note: a weird word) in a Mario game.
I don't expect him to share a logo with the Mario crew, even.

Only way we'll know is if we see though, I guess.

inb4 the second Squeenix entry is from SMRPG and isn't Geno. It's Culex.
Heh, I expect him to get a Mario logo, the only thing that seperate him is who he is owned by, but even then there isn’t much of a reason to do so.

But really I don’t like Geno that much. I would be disappointed if Sakurai said that he added a third party and it was only Geno who doesn’t bring anything new in terms of franchise representation since he isn’t part of any different franchise. I would be fine with Simon even though I don’t like him because he can bring a sick new stage and new music tracks from an entirely different universe with a much different feel that I would love. However, Geno would bring in tracks and a stage that is remnecisnt of the ton of Mario stages that we have already.

That’s why.

I get that, but he's still 100% of a guest. Being a Mario character definitely makes people think he isn't purely 3rd party. Makes sense, honestly. Inaccurate, but the perception is very understandable. Unless he somehow gets his own symbol, which there's little reason to, he'll just be another Mario character... just not a Nintendo-owned one, heh.

I wouldn't say it'd suck if Geno was our only 3rd party. He's severely popular. I think we'll get another besides him, but he's a very pleasing addition regardless. It's really a question of the few other easy 3rd parties to get. There's very few options from Microsoft(B&K are wanted, but aren't nearly as likely as people rate them, then you got Steve? and Master Chief who are way more likely due to being from a franchise that made a huge splash in gaming, moreso than B&K did game-wise. Fulgore's right between, really. Killer Instinct absolutely made a splash, but while the things it brought continues to matter to this day, even for Smash itself, it's basically niche and never given credit. It's just kind of a sad situation for the franchise, but it also never was as popular as Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, so it's understandable).
Well for me, yeah it would. Sure Geno is very popular, but that doesn’t mean everyone would be happy, I wouldn’t simply because I don’t really like him nor like what other things he can bring. But you’re right, we’re bound to get more, especially for DLC.

The other series from Square Enix I think we can easily get is Kingdom Hearts. Not for the base game because that would be crazy expensive, but it’s still crazy popular and not to mention how many people have been asking for Sora and how the series had major games on nintendo consoles.

Then there’s Castlevania which is another big hit for many NES fans with many music tracks I would love for Smash. And it’s obviously something that is very close with Nintendo.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In terms of controversial picks, I think that if they went in terms of character seniority, the second Wario character to get in would be Mona. Particularly if Ashley is passed over in the process.

Who will join Cloud from Square Enix?

Either Geno, a Dragon Quest character, or, based on precedence of their crossovers: Tifa and/or Sephiroth.

The "Final Fantasy" logo used for the series on the website is specifically Final Fantasy VII's so I imagine they won't stray far from it.

Tifa has appeared in almost all spinoffs and crossovers that Cloud was in, if she wasn't in the original she was usually in the sequel.

Not only that, but if Cloud's playable, Tifa's usually playable too.

Sephiroth has appeared almost as often.

Obviously, this isn't a Square Enix production, so Sakurai is not beholden to their... "rules"... :laugh:.

Also, KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 , I noticed you had me quoted in your signature. Nice. :)
Seph's sword is Xbox-huge, so I think they'd go with Tifa first instead. Which I would not mind in the slightest.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
So here's another question/game I have. (I'm a little worried to ask since this newcomer isn't always a fan-favorite here, but...)

There's no hard rule that a newcomer has to get a remix related to themselves to go along with their debut in Smash, but that's been the case for many Smash characters. In this game, we already have a remix of Ridley's theme and the original Splatoon's theme song (Splattack), but what about Daisy? What would she get?

I was thinking about something from Super Mario Land, but since I can choose anything (and because Mario Kart Wii gave me so many fond memories), I'd like to see this song.

I really want the Super Mario Land main theme. Such a great track imo, but since that game is barely acknowledged only having that amazing dungeon remix from Brawl, Daisy Circuit or even Daisy Hills from MK7 seem more likely.
This is the ledge guarding Down Smash buff I was talking about! @ShinyLegendary

Down Smash is now a respectable kill move looking at the Arcadian footage. "You know what they say, the more the merrier." :4pacman:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Let's see...

Sega has Bayo and Sonic

I know most people will want Geno or Sora.
But it would be a dream come true to me if Neku Sakuraba got in.

domriver

Smash Lord
** read /skims 10 pages **
gosh we need some NEW information from Smash so everyone can take their minds off of speculating , etc.. Should last for about and 2 hours then get right back to it! jejejej. A character reveal would give us i say half of day of soaking in the reveal..then back to the routine. jejejeje

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
gosh we need some NEW information from Smash so everyone can take their minds off of speculating , etc..
I don't understand this sentiment considering that's about all we can do right up until December 7th and then some.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heh, I expect him to get a Mario logo, the only thing that seperate him is who he is owned by, but even then there isn’t much of a reason to do so.

But really I don’t like Geno that much. I would be disappointed if Sakurai said that he added a third party and it was only Geno who doesn’t bring anything new in terms of franchise representation since he isn’t part of any different franchise. I would be fine with Simon even though I don’t like him because he can bring a sick new stage and new music tracks from an entirely different universe with a much different feel that I would love. However, Geno would bring in tracks and a stage that is remnecisnt of the ton of Mario stages that we have already.

That’s why.
That's fair.

Well for me, yeah it would. Sure Geno is very popular, but that doesn’t mean everyone would be happy, I wouldn’t simply because I don’t really like him nor like what other things he can bring.

The other series from Square Enix I think we can easily get is Kingdom Hearts. Not for the base game because that would be crazy expensive, but it’s still crazy popular and not to mention how many people have been asking for Sora and how the series had major games on nintendo consoles.

Then there’s Castlevania which is another big hit for many NES fans with many music tracks I would love for Smash. And it’s obviously something that is very close with Nintendo.
Eh, I'd barely call it a SE franchise when almost all the content is Disney anyway. Who owns the franchise too. SE just developed it and has a small bit of FF(specifically this franchise too) content in it due to the crossover nature, and it helps sell since Final Fantasy is their flagship franchise. Only thing I'm not 100% sure on is if all original content(not FF or Disney) is owned by Disney or SE. I think it's owned by Disney, but I can't cite that.

Castlevania I think we have a better chance to get now that Konami is already onboard. For SE characters, other than maybe Dragon Quest, Geno is honestly the only big gun/one people are clamoring for that makes sense. As I noted before, Sora is going to be a Disney character(the creator of him doesn't really own him so much as they respect the fact he created him and seeks his opinion. This is similar to how while Sakurai doesn't actually own Smash Bros. or its content, they still would prefer Sakurai work on it/care deeply about his contribution to the franchise).

D

Deleted member

Lets play a fun game.
Not counting the final boss, lets say Ultimate had an Adventure Mode.
Name five bosses you would want.

1. Shadow Queen
2. Mega Rayquaza
3. Zero 2
4. Too Lazy to name one, but a Legend of Zelda boss would be cool. Like Bongo Bongo.
5. Porky was pretty cool. Keep Porky. Or Eggman.

** read /skims 10 pages **
gosh we need some NEW information from Smash so everyone can take their minds off of speculating , etc.. Should last for about and 2 hours then get right back to it! jejejej. A character reveal would give us i say half of day of soaking in the reveal..then back to the routine. jejejeje
Uh....

What is with the "jejeje"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom