• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amageish

Smash Master
If any FE Heroes character joins Smash...it must be their Anna or Fjorm...but mostly Commander Anna
Having Anna, a character who is defined by her wanting money, represent Nintendo's foyer into gacha games would be hilarious. Plus she uses an axe! So that's nice. Fjorm would be super duper moveset-wise too though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So it's real, then? :4pacman:
It would be a point towards its legitimacy...
Though instead of looking ugly in the same way as Smash 4, this looks more like a bootleg of what it's trying to be. If you know what I'm trying to say. Haha.
It's that kind of bad, and not the other I'm used to haha

The inconsistent text stroke weights don't help

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
The Galaga Medley was composed by someone who was on the music team for Sonic Colors...

...Can we say at this point Sega (At least both current and former composers) was given the bulk of the new songs/remixes xD

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Having Anna, a character who is defined by her wanting money, represent Nintendo's foyer into gacha games would be hilarious. Plus she uses an axe! So that's nice. Fjorm would be super duper moveset-wise too though.
But will her greed surpass Wario's?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Also, Miiverse could, in theory, just use canned images (either the devs' favourites from the parts of Miiverse tied to Smash, or images made by the devs themselves).
I loved playing on Miiverse simply because it was inappropriate. I doubt the Nintendo-friendly canned images will in any way be satisfactory there. I guess if they pick some of the nice art ones, but I really did love seeing absolutely NSFW comments fly by every so often.

The gimmick stages can easily be done though - just give everyone a coin counter for Golden Plains under their portrait and done; Maze can act as normal where only the person who ate the power pellet can eat the ghosts (or just remove the ghosts, they're an assist anyway...)

D

Deleted member

Speaking of music, here's what I hope for when it comes to the franchises that don't have a new remix yet. Short list this time, thank god.

Yoshi - "Jungle Fever" from Yoshi's Story (1997/1998)
Wario - "Jimmy T.'s Theme" from WarioWare: Smooth Moves (2006/2007)
Star Fox - "Final Boss: Queen's Core" from Star Fox: Assault (2005)
Pokemon - "Battle! Zinnia" from Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (2014)
EarthBound / MOTHER - "Porky Means Business!" from EarthBound (1994)
Kid Icarus - "Thunder Cloud Temple" from Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012)
Punch-Out!! - "Mr. Sandman" from Punch-Out!! (2009)
Xenoblade Chronicles - "World Tree" from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)
Bayonetta - "Fly Me To The Moon (∞ Climax Mix)" from Bayonetta (2009/2010)
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Metallic Madness Zone, Act 2" from Sonic Mania (2017)
Final Fantasy - "One-Winged Angel" from FINAL FANTASY VII (1997)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But will her greed surpass Wario's?
Verily.
Wario ingulges his greed by treasure hunting or making video games like any respectable gentleman.
Anna has discovered the forbidden art of scamming people via gashapon, providing minimal work, for disgusting returns, with millions of slaves willing to beg her for more opportunities to spend their hard earned gold.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is that leak implying that Ultimate has a remake of Melee's classic mode as well as it's own classic mode?

Lol.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Verily.
Wario ingulges his greed by treasure hunting or making video games like any respectable gentleman.
Anna has discovered the forbidden art of scamming people via gashapon, providing minimal work, for disgusting returns, with millions of slaves willing to beg her for more opportunities to spend their hard earned gold.
There are also multiple Anna's so Wario can't even compare

blazefan519

Smash Ace
What's kerning exactly?
kern1
kərn/
verb
gerund or present participle: kerning; noun: kerning
  1. adjust the spacing between (letters or characters) in a piece of text to be printed.
  2. design (metal type) with a projecting part beyond the body or shank.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Verily.
EA doesn't stand for "Electronic Arts", it starts for "Entreprise d'Anna".

It's in French for tax purposes (what does that even mean? I don't know)

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
EVERY CLASSIC MODE
IS HERE
Imagine if they did this and you get a trophy that depicts the character of how they'd look in the era of that game's era. Even if they didn't exist back in Melee and 64's era. They still make retro style blocky 3D models for SSB64 and/or Melee style models for each character.

Like for Sonic you get something like his dreamcast Sonic Adventure model (Or even his 3D Classic Sonic model from Sonic Jam) for beating the N64 Classic Mode, and an Adventure 2 style model for Melee's classic mode. And every subsequent one is his model in each of the other Smash games he's in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imagine if they did this and you get a trophy that depicts the character of how they'd look in the era of that game's era. Even if they didn't exist back in Melee and 64's era. They still make retro style blocky 3D models for SSB64 and/or Melee style models for each character.

Like for Sonic you get something like his dreamcast Sonic Adventure model (Or even his 3D Classic Sonic model from Sonic Jam) for beating the N64 Classic Mode, and an Adventure 2 style model for Melee's classic mode. And every subsequent one is his model in each of the other Smash games he's in.
Along with that, the Old Classic Mode Trophies' for veterans are the ones from that particular Smash Game.

That'd be pretty neat.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Have you guys enjoyed my daily movesets so far? I ask because they've gotten hardly any attention (with the one today not getting anything despite working on it for almost 3 hours), and was wondering if I should just post them elsewhere. However, if people do like them, I'll just keep posting them here daily for a while.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
EVERY CLASSIC MODE
IS HERE
How long would it take to do all 6 (assuming there’s a new one for Ultimate) Classic Modes as every character, anyway?
...At least nobody would 100% the game too quickly so there’d always be something to work toward for a long time to come...

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Does anyone know why all of these "leakers" keep trying to predict the blog update? Not only does it give the leak a much shorter lifespan, but it makes literally no sense. Why would they even know what the blog update would be?
If you guess it correctly (improbable but not impossible to guess a fighter of the day, especially if basing it on an anniversary like the G&W "leak" did), you get immediate attention and can take people for a ride; if Mr. G&W was the fighter of the day yesterday there would be quite the uproar going around, especially with its claim of K. Rool being an assist trophy. Otherwise if you don't give it a hard immediate deadline for something you can possibly guess, it just falls into the sea of the other hundreds of anonymous text "leaks" in limbo still waiting for any sort of confirmation.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Loving that Galaga Medley.

I am so happy that the music direction is more similar to Brawl's love and sweat than Smash 4's "eh its fine but most of the good ones are from Brawl" so far.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Final Fantasy - "One-Winged Angel" from FINAL FANTASY VII (1997)
It was a travesty that this was never featured. An absolute travesty. Of the highest degree. Imaginable. Such a travesty.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Uprising, I hope Sakurai intends to bring in the cues for Reaper's Line of Sight & Palutena's Temple in Ultimate as those were my favorite cues not in Smash Bros yet.
Also the Dog’s Theme
There's no way Bayonetta is not getting any new music. She pretty much never got a new remix at all back during Smash 4 (they really only added a synth melody to both Bayonetta themes to replace the vocals), and with Bayonetta 3 on the way, new remixes are abound.

Sonic at this point really needs it, there has only been one remix from Brawl and all of it just rips of the original games. If there isn't a single new remix for Sonic yet again, it'll be a massive dropping of the ball.
They didn’t give Sonic any remixes last game and Bayo got none last time aswell...both are owned by Sega...no coincidence that they had no remix last game (with Brawl only having one Sonic remix), and Bayo 3 would most likely mean they add a song or two (main theme specifically) to the game untouched

Besides Final Fantasy, every other 3rd party series has had remixes (possibly due to them giving Sakurai a good amount of freedom)
It would be a double win if both somehow got in the game

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had no idea that ''kerning" actually had a proper name, but I knew it was a thing that really pissed off graphic designers.

It's a fun word though. ''Kerning."

Makes me want popcorn.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
The Galaga Medley was composed by someone who was on the music team for Sonic Colors...

...Can we say at this point Sega (At least both current and former composers) was given the bulk of the new songs/remixes xD
Don't have a problem with that. Sega has a history of great arrangers and composers and the more the merrier IMO.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Okay, so assuming the series that didn't get new remixes/songs yet will be focused on in the next 12 Tuesdays, that puts us squarely in October. Something big might happen then.

That is assuming they acknowledge mobile games, anyway.
There is that brand new mobile IP Dragalia Lost, so that’s apart of Nintendo’s history.

They protag (Eudriel?) or any Dragalia Lost content probably won’t get in the base game but maybe as DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not believing the leak, but there's no implication there's more than one Classic Mode. They're just saying the redesign has elements of the 3DS and older versions. ...Which is kind of nothing really interesting and expected to a degree?

What kills the leak is double adventure modes, imo. Well, besides the terrible picture.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The best remixes in Smash 4 were the Mega Man tracks(MM2 theme, Air-Man, Shadow Man and Spark Man in particular), Pac-Man's Park/Block Land, the Jogging Theme, Ryu's Stage, Ken's Stage and the Mario World Boss theme.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

I unironically want this now.

This would give me so much to do... so many characters to beat em with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom