• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Now that we have the Fake Smash Ball update, were there any changes made from the initial posting to now? There HAS to be a reason for all that bull****
I think it was deleted.
And that's why you don't give your fake leaks an expiration date.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maxwell being an echo of Game & Watch would not only be ill fitting. It'd be the biggest waste of moveset potential an echo could potentially have.

Also why so many leaks with an Overwatch port for Switch did I miss some rumors or something or is it just wishful thinking?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, this leak has already been proven wrong, but it makes me think: How would people feel about Nintendo Mobile representation? The roster was decided too early for a playable representative, but in terms of stages/trophies/assists/music from mobile games?

I for one would love to see the FEH OCs get trophies, just to see them in full 3D glory.
If any FE Heroes character joins Smash...it must be their Anna or Fjorm...but mostly Commander Anna

Roberk

Smash Champion
Before EVO: Guys, I'm going to be honest... [insert speculation of info being at EVO or not]

After EVO: Guys, I totally called [insert actual result of info being at EVO or not]!

D

Deleted member

DAILY MUSIC THOUGHTS!
"Galaga Medley" from Galaga (Arcade) - 7/31/18

Honestly, I think it's my fault I feel kinda bummed with the choice, since we've gotten spoiled with Snake Eater and F-Zero. Can't always have a dream team match-up. I WILL say, though, that I think this soft confirms Pac-Maze coming back to Smash Ultimate. I don't think there's a slight chance we're gonna be fighting with this music on a MS Paint stage. Feels way too fitting for Pac-Maze. I do like what I'm hearing, though, and at the end of the day, as much as I was hyped for other IPs, I'm very much happy to see other Namco properties, such as Galaga, get some good love and representation other than Pac-Man. Coming from the composer of the Mario/Sonic Olympic Games and Ribbit King series makes me quite shocked, to be honest. Did a fantastic job.

The only franchises left that don't have new music yet now are...:
Game & Watch
Yoshi
Wario
Star Fox
Pokemon
EarthBound / MOTHER
Kid Icarus
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Bayonetta
Sonic the Hedgehog
Final Fantasy

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let me tell ya.

Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is pretty darn close and worth your time.
Yeah I played that and it was pretty fun and had a pretty great ending twist, though my only criticism is the emphasis on the sidekick's age at the beginning. Really felt like a step backwards from Sky's emphasis on just fear, which I find more relateable.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Why these?
It could be a meta-based rivalry; Sakurai was originally considering making a Star Fox game for 3DS instead of a Kid Icarus game, however he went with Kid Icarus as he felt he would have more flexibility in regards to game design, and felt he had a personal connection with Pit and started his revival when he made him for Brawl, thus he felt inspired and wanted to complete the revival.

So in an alternate timeline Sakurai made a new Star Fox game instead of Uprising and Smash 4 didn't cut Wolf alongside getting a Star Fox newcomer, while Palutena didn't make the roster and Dark Pit didn't exist.

EDIT: Was :ultgreninja:'d a bit but it's a more indepth explanation anyway.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Game & Watch
Yoshi
Wario
Star Fox
Pokemon
EarthBound / MOTHER
Kid Icarus
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Bayonetta
Sonic the Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Sonic and Bayonetta might not get any new music, which would suck if it actually happens (Kid Icarus could due to both Uprising stages being in Ultimate
So in an alternate timeline Sakurai made a new Star Fox game instead of Uprising and Smash 4 didn't cut Wolf alongside getting a Star Fox newcomer, while Palutena didn't make the roster and Dark Pit didn't exist.
I’d much rather not picture such hell where Anthony Del Rio never voices Pit and Palutena stays dead...I like this timeline much better

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As a corollary to the rivals topic, how about the other way around? Pair up fighters who would be the bestest of friends!!! They must be from separate franchises.

Of course my boi would be friends with everyone because he's Yoshi

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Only disappointing thing about this new song is there's a solid chance that it could get thrown onto that trash known as Pac-Land. I hope they figure out a way to make Pac-Maze work on the switch. Getting a Galaga stage would be even better though that's just wishful thinking. Oh well, I may just have to play on Pac-Land in Omega and Battlefield form.
I WILL say, though, that I think this soft confirms Pac-Maze coming back to Smash Ultimate. I don't think there's a slight chance we're gonna be fighting with this music on a MS Paint stage.
I hope you're right.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As a corollary to the rivals topic, how about the other way around? Pair up fighters who would be the bestest of friends!!! They must be from separate franchises.

Of course my boi would be friends with everyone because he's Yoshi
We already have a thread for that....but **** it :ultpit:x:ultzss: and :ultsonic:x:ultinkling:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Sonic and Bayonetta might not get any new music, which would suck if it actually happens (Kid Icarus could due to both Uprising stages being in Ultimate
Speaking of Uprising, I hope Sakurai intends to bring in the cues for Reaper's Line of Sight & Palutena's Temple in Ultimate as those were my favorite cues not in Smash Bros yet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well...

YES.

Land is a hot mess, while Maze is stupidly iconic. Cutting Maze and leaving Land would be as dumb as putting in any level of the original DK arcade over the first.

...wait.

Still, that Galaga mix is awesomeness.
The only stage where the gimmick was both 100% the point of it and tied to at-the-time current technology is Miiverse.

Pac-Maze and Golden Plains could either have their gimmicks removed or reworked to work on a single screen.

Also, Miiverse could, in theory, just use canned images (either the devs' favourites from the parts of Miiverse tied to Smash, or images made by the devs themselves).

D

Deleted member

There's no way Bayonetta is not getting any new music. She pretty much never got a new remix at all back during Smash 4 (they really only added a synth melody to both Bayonetta themes to replace the vocals), and with Bayonetta 3 on the way, new remixes are abound.

Sonic at this point really needs it, there has only been one remix from Brawl and all of it just rips of the original games. If there isn't a single new remix for Sonic yet again, it'll be a massive dropping of the ball.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
DAILY MUSIC THOUGHTS!

Honestly, I think it's my fault I feel kinda bummed with the choice, since we've gotten spoiled with Snake Eater and F-Zero. Can't always have a dream team match-up. I WILL say, though, that I think this soft confirms Pac-Maze coming back to Smash Ultimate. I don't think there's a slight chance we're gonna be fighting with this music on a MS Paint stage. Feels way too fitting for Pac-Maze. I do like what I'm hearing, though, and at the end of the day, as much as I was hyped for other IPs, I'm very much happy to see other Namco properties, such as Galaga, get some good love and representation other than Pac-Man. Coming from the composer of the Mario/Sonic Olympic Games and Ribbit King series makes me quite shocked, to be honest. Did a fantastic job.

Game & Watch
Yoshi
Wario
Star Fox
Pokemon
EarthBound / MOTHER
Kid Icarus
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Bayonetta
Sonic the Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Hoping for more Yoshi's Island music...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just heard the Galaga medley.

I can already picture matches on custom stages where this music is blasting full force, and the only active items are Boss Galagas. Just nothing but Boss Galagas.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Okay I’m gonna be honest, but having the characters in number order instead of series order is gonna give me organization problems.

Like I don’t want see Link in 3 different places. I need all the Zelda characters in 1 place. Same goes for all the third parties, etc.

I always feel that they intentionally did like this to hide some of facts about the roster. Like the amount of third parties or the number of links, lol.

Last edited:

DarkSt0rm009

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtremeDeath
3DS FC
0946-2239-4297
Switch FC
SW-6724-2496-0212
Hoping for more Yoshi's Island music...
I'm honestly hoping for atleast 1 remix from Pac-Man CE DX. If only because that game's soundtrack was just an absolute banger in every definition of the word

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
DAILY MUSIC THOUGHTS!

Game & Watch
Yoshi
Wario
Star Fox
Pokemon
EarthBound / MOTHER
Kid Icarus
Punch-Out!!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Bayonetta
Sonic the Hedgehog
Final Fantasy
Sadly, that doesn't mean much considering Pac Land had all of Pac Maze's music, as well as several arcade melodies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, people are overreacting with Pac-Maze. If they really want a stage in Smash, especially one that represents the grandfather of all arcade games, they'll find a way.

Heck, even Miiverse could return if they really wanted it to. Splatoon 2 managed to keep the ability to post graffiti despite Miiverse being dead. Sakurai could do something similar if he thought it was worth the time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a couple of Punch-Out!! themes that should make it in, if they haven't already. I really like the Career Mode theme. It should be intense enough to work right?

Head to Head is pretty good too.

If these are already in, then my bad.

D

Deleted member

How we went this long in Smash without a remix of this song is baffling.
Oh, but it is in the game. The opening notes are part of the Obstacle Course remix from Brawl :4pacman:

Yeah, that doesn't really count

P.Kat

Smash Champion
There was a person that I watched that wanted Fjorm as a playable fighter and ngl, that would be hype. She's both a spear user and can manipulate ice, that would make for a super interesting character already.
Yep I think she'd be great for Smash, and she's also one the protagonists in the FEH who's kingdom you're trying to save, she'd definitely would have a unique moveset for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whos looking the worst i think Yoshi because every bad character got buffs cloud is the most heavily nerfed I know clouds looking mid to low tier right now

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Does anyone know why all of these "leakers" keep trying to predict the blog update? Not only does it give the leak a much shorter lifespan, but it makes literally no sense. Why would they even know what the blog update would be?

Enchess

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why all of these "leakers" keep trying to predict the blog update? Not only does it give the leak a much shorter lifespan, but it makes literally no sense. Why would they even know what the blog update would be?
Putting a short lifespan on your leak can make it look more credible. The thinking goes "if they were fake, why would they do something so obviously dumb? Maybe they are real"

blazefan519

Smash Ace
To seem more "credible" of course ;)

D

Deleted member

they're either joking around or trying to guess correctly and trick gullible people into thinking they're absurd " leaks " are true and make people look like idiots

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
yeah theres really no reason to believe someone would know the next blog post and also have info on the final game, its really just a daily gamble and if any leaker ever guesses right we have to pay attention to their leak unfortunately.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so assuming the series that didn't get new remixes/songs yet will be focused on in the next 12 Tuesdays, that puts us squarely in October. Something big might happen then.

Yep I think she'd be great for Smash, and she's also one the protagonists in the FEH who's kingdom your trying to save, she'd definitely would have a unique moveset for sure.
That is assuming they acknowledge mobile games, anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom