• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I really like that fake menu leak but going that quickly from menu -> match is pretty absurd.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Blog still hasn’t updated and there was that rumor going around about how Game & Watch’s trailer would be revealed today, and it would have solidified Simon and Isabelle in Smash.

Any update on that?
That was yesterday, and it was debunked. Yesterday's update was the fake smash ball, but it was taken down from non-Japanese media until earlier today. And it just got recently put back up on the blog.

I really like that fake menu leak but going that quickly from menu -> match is pretty absurd.
Right? They coulda thought that through better.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 155127

Here's a screenshot of the menu-
The whole animation was kinda janky to me but it looks decently cool anyway *shrug*
Am I the only one who feel that this may actually be real? I don't want to get my hopes up and get all excited o I'm willing to wait and see if it will become the real deal or not.

That menu looks.... interesting, to say the least.

Part of me hopes it's real because I do want a story mode.

But the other part of me is doubtful since it honestly seems absurd for "Smash" not to be at the top of the menu.
Unless it's one of those menus that lets you move the names up and down until the the selection you want is highlighted like they did with the "SMASH" on that so-called leak

KMDP

Smash Legend

Like look at how simular Smash Ultimate is with Smash 4, I totally bet there's going to be a simular looking menu. You may have to suffer through Smash 4 again. I'm sorry. But honestly this disappointed me the most.
Actually, looking at the Ultimate screen, it looks like you press a button to add more players, they might have conflated 4-Player Smash and 8-Player Smash together as one menu item.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
That was yesterday, and it was debunked. Yesterday's update was the fake smash ball, but it was taken down from non-Japanese media until earlier today. And it just got recently put back up on the blog.

Right? They coulda thought that through better.
I still don’t see any update on the blog, but I’ll take your word for it.

Only reason I cared was because it had Isabelle as a Non-Echo semiclone. Which is something I want so badly.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Also why the hell would Smash be below Story, Options, Amiibo, etc? That's absurd. Along with the timer being visible in all the "demo reel" footage.
I agree with your sentiment, but Smash 4 was also the game that buried all its single-player modes under a small blurb called "Games and More" among other questionable menu design decisions.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's not about minimalist design or complicated, at least it is only style. It's more about build a freakin' usable menu and well booked, and Smash4 was a nightmare for designers. As graphic designer I can't go with that non-sense without focusing well, without order, without stable layouts, full of so bright colors... It's a mess. Four years with the game and still made mistakes and waste time looking for options.
The fake one got some problems and also some good ideas but beat the crappy Brawl and Smash4 menus for sure.
The 'Smash' option by default making the logo cross it's a pretty good idea.
And just pressing up and down you can navigate all around.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I still don’t see any update on the blog, but I’ll take your word for it.

Only reason I cared was because it had Isabelle as a Non-Echo semiclone. Which is something I want so badly.
1533085443977.png

It's been reuploaded very recently but it was yesterday's update.

Today's update is the Galaga Medley
Galaga time!
So either way that link is date debunked

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Please Mr. Sakurai, I know you love your wife, but she does not know how to design a functional menu.

Games and More? Might as well shove the entirety of the menu in there for how helpful it is.

D

Deleted member

All I ask is that Training Mode not be hidden behind 3 different menus. With just that, Ultimate's menu will be 1000 times better than Smash 4's.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Galaga time!
It sounds like a Sonic/Kirby/Pac-Man love child...so it’s wonderful
Please Mr. Sakurai, I know you love your wife, but she does not know how to design a functional menu.

Games and More? Might as well shove the entirety of the menu in there for how helpful it is.
It’s only been 2 menus that people don’t seem to like though...she did wonderful in every other game

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Looks like we got a pretty cool Galaga/Namco Remix today. So far that’s essentially Pac-Man, Snake, Mega Man, and Ryu with new remixes. Hoping for a Cloud to get a Remix this time around like a Final Fantasy VII Medley and maybe something from Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Mania. (We don’t talk about Sonic Forces...Although Fist Bump wouldn’t be a bad song).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Too bad.

"Everystage is Here!"

brings back Pictochat.
This but unironically

It sounds like a Sonic/Kirby/Pac-Man love child...so it’s wonderful

It’s only been 2 menus that people don’t seem to like though...she did wonderful in every other game
I actually like the design shift of the CSS so far, so maybe that bodes well for the rest of it? We'll see haha.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what, I have a fun game for us to play...

Name the number one character from each Franchise that you know isn't going to be in Smash (like ever), but would love to see
I'll go first
Mario: Fawful
Donkey Kong: Funky Kong
Wario: Captain Syrup
Metroid: Mother Brain's Final form in Super Metroid
Zelda: Vaati or Tingle
MOTHER: Kumatora
Star Fox: James Mc.Cloud
Punchout: Mr.Sandman
Pokemon: Braixen
Fire Emblem: I dunno, Lyn?
Sonic: Blaze
Kid Icarus: Magnus
F-Zero: Deadborn
Kirby: Gooey
Metal Gear: Raiden
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
PAC-MAN: Tac-Man
Xenoblade: Dunban
Street Fighter: Alex
Final Fantasy: Noctis
Bayonetta: Father Rodin
Splatoon: Dj Ocatvio
(if Castlevania does get in: Trevor Belmont)
Wario: Captain Syrup
Zelda: Vaati I guess.
Pokemon: Blaziken. The GOAT that's actually a fighting Fire Chicken.
F-Zero: The Skull
Kirby: Daroach, since I started the series with Sqeak Squad/Mouse Attack.
Kid Icarus: Hades, who's actually funny and not annoying like Viridi.
Bayonetta: Rodin
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, since I don't think ANY others from SF are getting in(and Ken would be easier to make), but I'd like to be wrong.
Mega Man: MEGA. MAN. X. Or Protoman. Either would make me happy.
Final Fantasy: Terra or Kain
Fire Emblem: Black Knight I guess.
Punch-Out!!: Doc Louis, he's a fun character
Metroid: Weavil: He's not popular like Sylux, but I think he's pretty cool.
DK: Funky, if we don't get Dixie or K.Rool. Give him Flame Runner.
Sonic: Knuckles. But that dream is dead.
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade: Reyn. He's the boy.
Metal Gear: Jetstream Sam/Blade Wolf counts, right?

The rest, I don't know.

Untouch

Smash Master
Have to wonder why this remix doesn't have the pacman logo, arcade namco stuff was associated with pacman in smash 4 and pacman has 2 galaga related attacks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope we get some Pokemon music next. Sun and Moon's music was top notch, i'd really like Welcome to Alola and Guzma's theme.
A DK song that isn't the jungle theme would be cool too.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman

Oof, I respectfully agree with this. Inb4 we have Menus & More which brings you to Games & More which brings you to Smash & More which brings you to Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom