• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Possible Female Newcomers: Ashley, Elma, Mach Rider (portrayed as female before), Pokemon, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Impa, Isabelle
And Amaterasu, Just helping the list.
What are some characters you know have zero chances but would still like to see?
I don't see Monokuma talked about much (probably for good reason).
I realize he's got like, -0 chances but as a Danganronpa fan seeing that douchebag in smash would be hilarious.
Not to mention "Punishment Time" would actually be a pretty badass final smash.
Kat from Gravity Rush, we don't have a character who fully commits to a mechanic that uses Gravity Manipulation, and personality wise, she'd fit well.

Not sure if her chances are completely zero, but Blaze the Cat would be great to see as a newcomer with high speed, agile acrobatics, and a fully fire based moveset that's can bring an interesting flame mechanic, I say she'd be a pretty interesting character.

Lyn, and Krystal, definitely those two.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think after Bandanna Dee, that's it for a long while unless we get a 5th character that would be solid for Smash rep. I don't see Kirby gaining any new reps after Dee
My feelings toward a fifth Kirby rep after Bandana Dee are exactly how I would feel with a fourth Metroid rep after Ridley; I'd love getting another character for one of my favorite franchises, but it would feel shoehorned as heck. There wouldn't be anyone left who could stack up against the iconic characters already on the roster.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Answering both of Noipoi's questions:

What are some characters you know have zero chances but would still like to see?
I realize he's got like, -0 chances but as a Danganronpa fan seeing that douchebag in smash would be hilarious.
Earthworm Jim. Shooting, head copter/whip shenanigans, and it'd be a riot to literally nuke the arena with the Barn Blaster as a FS.

Monokuma vs Sonic event match, anyone?
In fact, speaking of which.
What event matches do you wanna see in this game?
I want a Mario vs Inkling match where you gotta clean all the ink, as a reference to Mario Sunshine.
The absolute final battle for real this time, featuring you Vs. every third-party in the whole game + 3 giant Marios wearing all the Mario costumes.

Also, if K. Rool gets in, a match in which you fight him, Bowser and Dedede.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want a Mario vs Inkling match where you gotta clean all the ink, as a reference to Mario Sunshine.
Snake and Shulk vs. ROB, Megaman, and Bowser Jr.
Battle of the Bot Busters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I'd like to try something new.

I'll ask you how you feel about a new character from an underrepresented series but.... I'll ask it in a five question format.

1. How excited are you for this potential character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
2. How excited are you for this potential character's potential moveset?
3. How excited are you for a potential stage from this series?
4. How excited are you for potential items and assist trophies from this series?
5. How excited are you for potential music from this series?

I'd like you guys to answer these questions for five series right now.

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'll ask you how you feel about a new character from an underrepresented series but.... I'll ask it in a five question format.

1. How excited are you for this potential character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
4. How excited are you for potential items and assist trophies from this series?

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
The answer to all your questions is:

"very"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
1. I am an uncultured swine, so none of these really interest me too much. Maybe Spring Man or Issac would be my pick.
2. Mmm... The move-sets would not interest me too much.
3. A stage of these would be pretty neat. Any stage is generally my cake.
4. If Issac does not make it in, I at least hope he is an AT. A Rhythm Heaven item sounds fun.
5. Mmmm... I never really heard of the music, so I do not care too much.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
I'm gonna be honest with ya, I know nothing about any of those series.
So I guess my answer to those would be "meh".
Call me when you get to Warioware though ;).
(then again, Ashley did cameo in Rhythm Heaven...)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
Golden Sun
1. Not excited, but content
2. Not sure
3. Fairly excited
4. I have no idea what items would be used tho
5. Very excited - love the music

Rhythm Heaven
1. Pretty excited
2. Very excited - utilizing a rhythm based gimmick sounds awesome!
3. Can’t think of any stages
4. Can’t think of any items or ATs
5. YYYYYYEEEEEESSS I LOVE RH MUSIC <3

Chibi Robo and Dillon - abstaining, I know nothing about their games

ARMS
1. Very excited, ARMS is an up and coming franchise I have high hopes for
2. Pretty excited, hope they can pull it off right
3. YAAAASSSS. The stage I’d prefer the most is Ramen Bowl.
4. Unsure about items again
5. More music is always great, idc

Luminario

Smash Lord
Jiggs vs Ridley- Fairy Type Advantage.
Pichu (who wanders around) & Samus vs Ridley- The strong must protect the sweet.
Peach vs Daisy vs Zelda vs Lucina (and maybe vs Corrin vs Rosalina)- Battle Royal.
ICs vs Rosalina- Duo Duel
Peach & Pit & Marth vs Daisy & DP & Lucina- Invasion of the Echo Fighters.
Roy vs Roy- Which is which?
Inkling vs Inkling- Turf War (have to completely ink the opponent)

D

Deleted member

For this game, it’s Bomberman. Maybe next time though...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of remixes:

So far the remixes sound good, tho I hope we get more varied remixes.
The new Lower Brinstar and Ridley themes are great, but we already got remixes of them.

And for :ultpalutena:'s sake,

No.
More.
DK Island Swing remix.
This. All the DK platform games have amazing music but they mostly stick to the FIRST STAGE OF THE FIRST GAME. Why? There's the Brawl Stickerbrush Symphony remix but it's pretty underwhelming. So much missed potential when it comes to music...

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
"Not" to all of them.

I've only played Golden Sun 2 and ARMS. I'd like an Arms character but it would obviously be Springman and he's the least interesting one by a mile. I also don't remember the music from ARMS.

I didn't like Golden Sun. I wanted to but I just didn't. I also don't remember the music.

Dillion is fine as an assist trophy.

Never heard of Chibi-robo nor Rhythm Haven until the Smash 4 Ballot happened.

EDIT: Yeah.....I'm pretty much here for Pokemon and Ashley. A few other characters would be neat but otherwise I'm just ready to play the game.:drshrug:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, I really wish they consider WWE-concept in Smash by adding championships such as World, US, Japan, Coin, Time, Women's, Lightweight, Teams, etc instead of just making **** up
Actually, speaking of that...

A long time ago (around the time Cloud was revealed), I made a chart detailing characters' weights, tying them to Boxing Weight Classes.
It looked like this...
Bantamweight: :ultpichu:|:ultjigglypuff:
Featherweight: :ultmewtwo:|:ultgnw::squirtle:
Lightweight: :ultkirby:|:ultrosalina:|:ultfox::ultpikachu::ultolimar:|:ultmetaknight:|:ultzss:|:ultfalco::ultlittlemac:
Welterweight: :ultbayonetta:|:ultzelda::ultsheik::ultyounglink:|:ultpeach:
Middleweight: :ultmarth::ultlucina:|:ultpalutena::ultduckhunt:|:ulticeclimbers:|:ultdiddy::ulttoonlink:|:ultness::ultlucas::ultgreninja:|:ultroy::ultsonic::ultrobin:ultpacman:|:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultwiifittrainer:
"Light Heavyweight": :ultluigi::ultvillager::ultmiifighters:(L)|:ultmario::ultdoc::ultcorrin:|:ultlucario:|:ivysaur::ultcloud::ultmiifighters:(M)|:ultwolf::ultshulk::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters:(H)|:ultryu:
Heavyweight: :ultlink::ultyoshi::ultfalcon:|:ultrob:|:ultwario::ultike:|:ultsamus::ultbowserjr:
Super Heavyweight: :ultganondorf:|:ultsnake:|:4charizard:|:ultkingdedede:|:ultdk:|:ultbowser:
Yes, I know "Light Heavyweight" sounds like a contradiction in terms. XD
I thought that dude was vaping his keyboard.
I mean... you're not wrong? :laugh:
Doesn't stop the cover being good, though.

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
I can only really answer for Golden Sun, so... Isaac
1. Quite.
2. Very.
3. There are good things to pull, so, pretty excited.
4. Not sure about items.
5. All the yes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
I'd be pretty damn happy! VERY Excited. Eh, would be neat. Unless they're summons, eh. Golden Sun has some gooood ****
Neat on everything
No opinion on anything
Dillon's ok. Eh. A stage would be great. Maybe Nomas? Only music I remember is Arma Mode music
Eh on everything due to lack of knowledge

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My feelings toward a fifth Kirby rep after Bandana Dee are exactly how I would feel with a fourth Metroid rep after Ridley; I'd love getting another character for one of my favorite franchises, but it would feel shoehorned as heck. There wouldn't be anyone left who could stack up against the iconic characters already on the roster.
Yeah. this is really trashy, considering I'm a big Kirby fan. xD
(The fact that if Bandana Dee comes we probably won't get another rep, not that you said that.)

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Some music observations from my recent cataloging:
  • Mother and Animal Crossing have gotten it pretty good so far. All remixes, despite the smaller number of tracks compared to some of the big series.
  • Metroid: I miss the Prime theme. Hopefully some Prime music comes back, especially from Corruption!
  • DK: As catchy as it is, no more jungle remixes are required.
  • Mario: See above, but with the "Ground" themes.
  • Xenoblade: I don't care which game it's from, I just want more.
Now that I think about it, Earthbound has 4 stages confirmed, and only 9 music tracks ever in Smash, so I would expect at least a few more remixes from them, and possible some originals to round it out.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
Ok, I'll bite...

1. I really don't know many of these characters at all. The only thing I know about Isaac is his assist, but he seems okay. Dillon and Chibi-Robo also I have little connection to so they wouldn't hype me for Smash. Rhythm Heaven does have several potential reps, but the most popular Chorus Kids bore me - I only played the Wii version and I didn't see them. I'd favor the Wrestler if we needed any reps from RH. Still, it'd be a lot of pulling teeth to get a moveset. Spring Man, however, would be really exciting to see, even though I haven't played ARMS. It does look like a fun concept to translate to Smash.
  2. Note I'm going on general concepts here - I know that character X will definitely in no way be a clone of character Y. Isaac's going to be big with a sword/magic moveset, which is covered by Robin (and I wish Dovahkiin). Still, they both use completely different magics, so it could be interesting. Any RH rep would end up with a difficult moveset. To keep the 'timing' concept, you'd have to sacrifice a lot to get attacks to work right and it's easily telegraphed and punished, beyond the fact that many of those don't easily translate into a fighting game. It could be quirky like G&W or weird like WFT but I'm not excited to see. Chibi-Robo uses his plug a lot, so I guess ROB with a whip for starters. Leaving out the size debates, I'd rather a humanoid with a whip like Ivy or Simon. Dillon gives off a very Sonic vibe with the spinning, especially now that Knuckles is also dealing with digging. Nothing that really seems interesting however. Spring Man's boxing is Little Mac with range, but that may allow for some interesting plays, especially considering the tether recovery potential.
  3. I can't really talk about stages from most of them. ARMS has very basic arenas, so nothing special. But I'd love to see a RH stage. The whole RH concepts would work incredibly well as a stage similar to Wario Ware, so I'd really hope that's in the cards.
  4. I can't say much about items/assists from these series. Again, RH has a lot of characters who could act as assists easily.
  5. Music is always awesome. I loved the one RH song we did get (Monkey Watch)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Tyranitar is my favorite pokemon and I gravitate towards the heavies in Smash, so Tyranitar is my ultimate dream character for Smash, but most I can really hope for is that he gets in as a pokeball pokemon, which I would like to see.

Other favorite pokemon of mine would also be nice, but ultimately I just hope Lucario (my second favorite) is usable for me again (I nearly mained him in Brawl, but in Smash 4 the gutting his speed and hitboxes took to focus entirely on ridiculous Aura shenanigans really turned me off of him).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

1. How excited are you for this character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
2. How excited are you for this character's potential moveset?

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
Golden Sun
  1. Not really excited at all. The series is dead, and I'd have to see a reboot or sequel before I'd feel like the character is deserving over others. I never played Golden Sun, so don't take my opinion too seriously.
  2. From what I've seen, it'd probably be unique.
  3. Same as #1.
  4. Same as #1, but less harsh because these really don't take up too much time.
  5. Same as #4.
Rhythm Heaven
  1. I'd be excited. The series is pretty small, but it's still notable enough IMO to get a character in Smash.
  2. Very excited because a rhythm gimmick sounds extremely unique.
  3. I'd love it.
  4. Same as #3.
  5. Same as #3.
Chibi-Robo
  1. Neutral. I like the concept, but I really don't think this series has done enough to warrant a character in Smash.
  2. Ehh… Maybe I'm just not being imaginative here, but I can't see a moveset worth getting excited about.
  3. It'd be cool, I guess. Nothing I'd get giddy over.
  4. Probably a better way to represent the series right now.
  5. Music isn't too special. Wouldn't care at all if we got nothing.
Dillon's Rolling Western
  1. I'd be happy for this character because I love the design, but I don't know if Dillon's Rolling Western should be on the roster just yet.
  2. Has a lot of potential. Interested to see what Sakurai would come up with.
  3. Has some pretty cool Western-themed stages that I'd love to see.
  4. Items and ATs are fine with me.
  5. Same as #5
ARMS
  1. I'd consider ARMS to be big enough for a character. Selling over a million copies is impressive for a new IP.
  2. These designs are positively flowing with moveset potential.
  3. I'd love to see any of the stages from ARMS in Smash.
  4. Items and ATs are more than welcome.
  5. Not a whole lot to choose from, as nearly every song in ARMS is a variation of the main theme. Still, I wouldn't mind a few of the good tracks.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
While we're talking about weight I got an idea.

What do you all think of the attributes your most wanted newcomers might have if they were to be playable?

Noipoi

Howdy!

What do you all think of the attributes your most wanted newcomers might have if they were to be playable?
Ashley would most definitely be light, probably a little floaty too. Maybe not too fast but not slow either.
She'd probably get launched easily but she'd have good recovery to make up for it.
Medium hitbox, her frame is small but her pigtails are huge.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Elma would be a middle weight, average launchability, recovery would kinda work like Kirby or Ike; gets up high fast but there’s a small window before you descend and accidentally suicide.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I never played Golden Sun, so don't take my opinion too seriously.
You should give them a try, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are pretty fun and unique handheld RPGs. Even if you don't usually like JRPGS, there are people who don't usually like traditional JRPGs but like Golden Sun.

It's story is a bit simple, but it does have it's moments. It's class system is very, very deep, but it's use is not required to finish the game outside of very small and minor instances.

The only major downside is that, while you can transfer clear data from Golden Sun to Lost Age; unless you have the physical copies, a link cable and two GBAs, you have to use a long password to do the transfer.

The thing that "killed" Golden Sun, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, was that Dark Dawn had a major lack of marketing, along with it being a controversial entry (too many Points of No Return, most of the old cast didn't return, half of the new party basically being doppelgangers of the previous party, a huge cliffhanger at the end that hasn't been resolved); that being said, Dark Dawn does nothing to diminish the first two's quality, and even DD is a good game.

Wambo

Smash Ace

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
Golden Sun/Rhythm Heaven/Chibi-Robo/Dillon's Rolling Western/ARMS:
1) "UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH, they could have picked so many better characters."
2) "I'm sure they'll have interesting movesets, but I just don't care about these characters."
3) "Woo, a single stage and a single character from the same series. Lots of great battles to re-enact here..."
4) "Oh hey, it's that one item from that one game that nobody knows."
5) "Aside from Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven, nothing else would even sound good."

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I'm dying waiting for the update so here's another game while we pray for the new track to tide us over for the week.

Pick your favorite newcomers you want based on their color (main or secondary color)! My list:
Red - Ashley / Celica
Blue - Bandana Dee
Green - Linkle
Yellow - Zeraora / Mythra
Purple - Hilda (LBW)
Orange - Goku Infernape
White - Amaterasu / 2B
Black - Shadow
Brown - Sora Just Monika
Pink - Yarn Kirby / Lip
Pink - Dixie Kong
Red - Celica
Orange - Bandana Dee
Yellow - Todd Snap
Green - Tingle
Blue - Kamek
Purple - Ridley Again
White - KOS-MOS
Black - Mórag
Brown - Banjo & Kazooie

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pink - Dixie Kong
Red - Celica
Orange - Bandana Dee
Yellow - Todd Snap
Green - Tingle
Blue - Kamek
Purple - Ridley Again
White - KOS-MOS
Black - Mórag
Brown - Banjo & Kazooie
The colors not being their correct color is messing with my head.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
1) I don't know enough about the characters from Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, or Dillon's to be excited for them in terms of 'who they are and what they represent'. Chibi-Robo I know is a little cleaning machine, but that doesn't really represent much. An ARMS newcomer would be nice as it shows that new series are still welcomed.

2) I think newcomers from any of the series would have interesting movesets. Isaac with his many abilities would be interesting to see. Chorus Kids could have a cool rhythm/tempo based moveset based around the moves' sound effects, Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash showed tons of moveset potential, Dillon's abilities would be interesting to see brought into Smash, and Spring-Man would be a long-range fighter with slow and powerful attacks.

3/4/5) I'd be interested in seeing new stage, items, Assist Trophies, and music from any of the listed series.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Chibi-Robo
Dillon's Rolling Western
ARMS
Alright let’s do this.

To answer generally. I would be VERY EXCITED for Golden Sun and ARMS. They both have a lot of content that I would be ecstatic for.

I wouldn’t be that happy for Rhythm Heaven content, especially if the Chrous Kids are the playable representative.

I feel that Tibby would be a better character for Smash since he is a protagonist of a recent game that came at the right time when Sakurai was looking for characters, and I would be happy if it were him. Other than that, I would be okay with content aside from characters but not excited.

Chibi Robo and Dillon’s Rolling Western, UGGHH! I would be fine if they get a stage, item, and some music, but NOT playable characters. Like why include Dillon when you can include Andy or Saki/Isa, characters from series that have been popular and even asked for, when Dillon isn’t even remembered, recognized, or even cared about.

Sorry, but as much as I love Chibi, I would need some characters from Advance Wars or S&P to get in first since they left a greater impact on Nintendo than him.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've been on vacation for 100 pages. Did I miss anything important?
Beyond the usual arguments, just some general insanity.

Examples from yesterday and today include "Steamed Smash Bros.", "Waddle Dee Racism" and "Off-Brand Smash".

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Beyond the usual arguments, just some general insanity.

Examples from yesterday and today include "Steamed Smash Bros.", "Waddle Dee Racism" and "Off-Brand Smash".
Woah woah woah.
You guys were having an unforgettable luncheon?
AND I MISSED IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom