• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The leak that said k.rool would be revealed July 9 it's getting closer and closer to be deconfirmed.

I don't think they would simply post the newcomer on the site, a direct/pre-announcement would be need.
If a direct be announced next days,it will be pure hype tho.
Having King K Rool announced would make me mark the **** out! Because we just had Ridley being in, and K. Rool adding to the hype makes it better...maybe adding Dixie to it as well

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Oh boy

Remember I mentioned ko Takeuchi retweeted a support Ashley for smash bros post?

He's the maker of the warioware series for those wondering

Well it's gone now....

Oh boy you know what happens when stuff gets deleted right (well not every time anyway)
It could mean absolutely nothing. Or maybe it's something...or maybe not, but since I'm biased as hell I'm gonna act like this is 100% proof that Ashley is confirmed.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
3DS ended up doing it because of the 240p resolution restricted to a small screen, while they could afford to put DLC on a separate page for better organization because of 1 player per console. Smash on Switch can have a ridiculous roster size it won't come close to reaching before CSS cramping becomes a legitimate concern.
It's my opinion that, should the character icons remain the same height/width proportionally as the E3 Demo icons did, which was true between the Smash 4 E3 demo and the launch CSS (although, notably, the icons did change proportions once the dlc came around), that the CSS will be sufficiently "future proofed" for up to 6 rows of 14 icons. Even with the most optimistic newcomer estimates, this still leaves enough space for a season of DLC the same size as Smash 4's before screen space starts to be a concern.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Obviously fake/****post leaks that take away from the discussion are not allowed
Guys, my "Uncle who works at Nintendo"'s friend's cousin's dog's brother gave me this totally real and true leak about all the Newcomers in Smash Ultimate!
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Baby Bowser
Baby DK
Baby Link
Baby Zelda
Baby Sheik
Baby Ganon
Baby Samus
Kidley
Baby Kirby
Baby Dedede
Baby Fox
Baby Falco
Baby Wolf
Baby Pikachu
Baby Jigglypuff
Baby Mewtwo
Baby Lucario
Baby Greninja
Baby Falcon
Baby Marth
Baby Roy
Tyke
Baby Pit
Baby Villager
Baby Inkling
Baby Sonic
Rock
Baby Cloud
Babyonetta

Pasta Hero Samurai believes it's what the fans want.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It could mean absolutely nothing. Or maybe it's something...or maybe not, but since I'm biased as hell I'm gonna act like this is 100% proof that Ashley is confirmed.
Havn't played many Wario Ware games, the only one i played was Smewth Mewves. But when i did, Ashley was such a fun and instresting character. I'd love to see her in smash.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know, you're starting to become obnoxious with the whole Yoshi-gimmick you got going on. I love Yoshi as much as the next guy, but you're taking it far too seriously in your head
I don't blame you for thinking I play up the "Yoshi nut" role to extremes, but I'm not. Yoshi is the closest frame of reference I have to discuss, so whenever those speculation conversations come up (like what event you would like to see) 90% of the time my answer will be Yoshi-related. I do talk about other topics if I feel I have the confidence for it, such as Zelda and Xenoblade. I'm sorry if I come across as obnoxious...

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Is it an issue i haven't even played Smash Ultimate yet and it's already my favorite smash game?
Also, I've been thinking about Trying Competetive N64 Kirby. is that a good idea or nah?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Guys, my "uncle who works at Nintendo"'s friend's cousin's dog's brother gave me this totally real and true leak about all the Newcomers in Smash Ultimate!
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Baby Bowser
Baby DK
Baby Link
Baby Zelda
Baby Sheik
Baby Ganon
Baby Samus
Kidley
Baby Kirby
Baby Dedede
Baby Fox
Baby Falco
Baby Wolf
Baby Pikachu
Baby Jigglypuff
Baby Mewtwo
Baby Lucario
Baby Greninja
Baby Falcon
Baby Marth
Baby Roy
Baby Pit
Baby Villager
Baby Inkling
Baby Sonic
Rock
Baby Cloud
Babyonetta

Come on, Samus has enough of a bad reputation as it is with the Other M baby Metroid incident.

Havn't played many Wario Ware games, the only one i played was Smewth Mewves. But when i did, Ashley was such a fun and instresting character. I'd love to see her in smash.
Loathe as I am to admit, she would need to be in to open the door for the possibility of Mona being in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea I'm sure its nothing

Its just quite a bit of time when I post gets deleted involving smash slot of the time connection confirmed

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's funny because she's not made any more important than other WarioWare characters. She just suddenly gained a huge fandom over characters who've been there from the start like Mona or 9-Volt. Then she exploded even more around the time Smash 4 came out, and even more so in 2015.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Alright, since I am not a fan of those Shadow discussion, here is something new:

What sort of event match you want to see in Ultimate?
Triple Trouble Kings, where Mario has to fight Bowser, King Dedede, and King K. Rool at the same time.

In the tradition of Trouble King and Two Trouble Kings (why wasn't it Double Trouble Kings??)

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone been on 4chan's /v/ board recently? Almost every smash thread and every leak has people saying awful things about some random dude named Toby that apparently makes fake leaks and calls pizza "Za" lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's funny because she's not made any more important than other WarioWare characters. She just suddenly gained a huge fandom over characters who've been there from the start like Mona or 9-Volt. Then she exploded even more around the time Smash 4 came out, and even more so in 2015.
She's a misunderstood child who just wants friends.
how can you not love her. And she so freakin' adorable.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I agree, but she's garnered some people who don't like her for overshadowing the rest of the cast. Even though she hasn't been given special treatment in the games. Plus Nintendo was pushing her quite a bit outside of the WarioWare games.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, since I am not a fan of those Shadow discussion, here is something new:

The Absolute Definitive Final Battle, For Real This Time We Swear

The player character Vs. every single third-party character in the entire game. Also, three giant Marios in their regular, Builder and Wedding outfits.

She's the closest thing to a gothic gal in WW, folks love that.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
"Looks like my cloning project's gone awry. Best to dispose of this defect and start anew."
Stage: Pyrosphere
Character: Ridley
Objectives: Defeat Neo Ridley (the boss that shows up on the stage every now and then)
My reasoning: I've only ever played Fusion and Samus Returns, but I know how Metroid fans loathe Other M, particularly its incarnation of Ridley. That's why I formulated this event; for the sake of catharsis for those specific fans.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I agree, but she's garnered some people who don't like her for overshadowing the rest of the cast. Even though she hasn't been given special treatment in the games. Plus Nintendo was pushing her quite a bit outside of the WarioWare games.
That is true. But i still think she's cool.
Then again. If there's a fan favorite character, i see no reason why not to push her.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm sorry to say this to both of you but...
Giygas > Every Single Nintendo Villain Ever Made
Giygas isn't the best villain, but he's up for one of the most tragic.

Him and Claus suffered a lot, but while Claus didn't have much free will in the beginning and managed to save everyone by offing himself, Porky tampered with Giygas while he was in a state of uncontrollable mindlessness from his extreme guilt. When the Devil Machine turned off, he was in constant pain in agony in a form he couldn't control with extreme power he probably didn't want. His father betrayed his whole species, he did what he thought was right to keep his own kind away from potential danger. And in turn, his own guilt for the kind he tried to erase destroyed his mind and body. Claus didn't have much of a choice in what was in the right direction, but Giygas had his fate altered to the worst end possible.

Porky's antics alone make him vicious and probably one of the most evil villains, I'd say more evil than :ultridley:.

but nothing can beat Black Shadow he's just too fun

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
That is true. But i still think she's cool.
Then again. If there's a fan favorite character, i see no reason why not to push her.
I'm with you 100%. Which is why she's the last newcomer I really, REALLY want.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not that people don't, they just don't want Chris Hansen to offer them a seat for saying it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
"Looks like my cloning project's gone awry. Best to dispose of this defect and start anew."
Stage: Pyrosphere
Character: Ridley
Objectives: Defeat Neo Ridley (the boss that shows up on the stage every now and then)
My reasoning: I've only ever played Fusion and Samus Returns, but I know how Metroid fans loathe Other M, particularly its incarnation of Ridley. That's why I formulated this event; for the sake of catharsis for those specific fans.
You could also have Mewtwo and Dark Pit show up (geddit because they're litera- I'll see myself out...)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, my "Uncle who works at Nintendo"'s friend's cousin's dog's brother gave me this totally real and true leak about all the Newcomers in Smash Ultimate!
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Baby Bowser
Baby DK
Baby Link
Baby Zelda
Baby Sheik
Baby Ganon
Baby Samus
Kidley
Baby Kirby
Baby Dedede
Baby Fox
Baby Falco
Baby Wolf
Baby Pikachu
Baby Jigglypuff
Baby Mewtwo
Baby Lucario
Baby Greninja
Baby Falcon
Baby Marth
Baby Roy
Tyke
Baby Pit
Baby Villager
Baby Inkling
Baby Sonic
Rock
Baby Cloud
Babyonetta

Well, Baby Pikachu (:ultpichu:) has already been confirmed so I'd say that this leak seems pretty legit.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't think it's "impossible" but I think the deciding factor for whether or not the OG 12 will get Echo Fighters is "does Sakurai care about how the CSS looks?"
He clearly doesn't, lol. Even if he did, you don't design the characters based on the CSS, you design the CSS based on the characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do we think the original 12 be allowed to have echo fighters? Will it happen or be it possible?
Our options for Original 12 Echoes are the following: Funky Kong (DK), Dark Samus (Samus), Ninten (Ness), and Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)

Of those, I think Dark Samus is the most likely. Though I gotta admit if I had to choose between any of these, I'd kinda go for Ninten for the full MOTHER series tribute. Can't get Mother 3 (the game) in the west? Might as well get the Mother 3 (protagonists that is, heh) worldwide :p

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
A CSS where I could easily find a character would be better than King K Rool and a story mode combined

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Our options for Original 12 Echoes are the following: Funky Kong (DK), Dark Samus (Samus), Ninten (Ness), and Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)

Of those, I think Dark Samus is the most likely. Though I gotta admit if I had to choose between any of these, I'd kinda go for Ninten for the full MOTHER series tribute. Can't get Mother 3 (the game) in the west? Might as well get the Mother 3 (protagonists that is, heh) worldwide :p
I don't think Funky Kong would be an echo fighter. Appearance alone doesn't mean you'd be an echo fighter.

D

Deleted member

Blood Falcon's already confirmed as a palette again, so there goes the Echo idea.

Could still get this guy, though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Do we think the original 12 be allowed to have echo fighters? Will it happen or be it possible?
"allowed"? Let's take a look:

Mario - Luigi (N64), Dr. Mario
Link - Young Link, Toon Link
Fox - Falco, Wolf
Pikachu - Pichu
Ness - Lucas
Falcon - Ganondorf

Half of the original 12 have had characters notably based off of them in the past. Sure, the degree of similarity varies and many have iteratively grown farther away from the source but I don't think there's any basis to assume those specific characters would be restricted from Echos.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think a color palette disconfirms characters. The various Mario and Luigi colors and Pit and Dark Pit referencing each other for example...
It literally copies Blood's jumpsuit and mentions Hell Hawk on the back of it. This isn't a "hey it kinda looks like them!", it's a "wow he stole his clothes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom