• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
#TeamFake all the way.

1. I do not believe anyone besides a very small group of people know all of the new characters.
2. I do not believe ANYONE knows the schedule for character announcements for the next 5 months.
3. I do not believe Nintendo will reveal at least 1 new character each month, for 5 months straight. It doesn't match their MO.
4. Saying "Ok Kiddos" shows that this person is most likely 20 years of age or younger. This kind of person wouldn't be trusted with this much info.

It's fake.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even TvTrope say that Meta Knight have a Dark Meta Knight costume with the scar in Ultimate.

Man...I just want a source. :C

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We've only ever had one full roster leak and that was accompanied by video evidence weeks before release. And I suspect the Nintendo ninjas exacted upon that leaker death by a thousand lawsuits. Everything else has only ever been partial info. Though I can't speak for Melee.

Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s my guesses on the latest “clue” leak:
King: K. Rool, obviously
Ponytail: Dixie Kong
Old Man: Chrom (Echo) cause Old Man is slang for father, and Robin and Lucina were revealed after EVO 2014
Archer: Dark Samus Decidueye
Warrior: Bandana Dee
Secretary: Isabelle
Mech: Elma
Rhythm: Rhythm Heaven character
Folklore: Simon...?
Doll: ARMS character...?
Prime Ribs: Rex and Pyra cause it’s their initials reversed don’t @ me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if it's real but "King" is actually Ness's dog?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That damn imgur leak turned these hint rosters into a game and now y'all are getting invested in all these copycats.

And I thought the reaction to the echo rebranding was buying into nothing. :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We've only ever had one full roster leak and that was accompanied by video evidence weeks before release. And I suspect the Nintendo ninjas exacted upon that leaker death by a thousand lawsuits. Everything else has only ever been partial info. Though I can't speak for Melee.

Keep that in mind.
We had video evidence? I don't remember that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That damn imgur leak turned these hint rosters into a game and now y'all are getting invested in all these copycats.

Daisy is still 90% Orange Peach, smh.

(Nice to see so much loving fanart for her though)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't speak for everyone but personally I'm just memeing, which shouldn't surprise anyone considering that's what I do 60% of the time.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Inb4 ‘Archer’ is Pink Gold Pit.

Besides, have we ever gotten legit full roster leaks this early after announcement? True it’s a short timeframe, but these leaks are all really reaching this round - nothing really convincing.

Keep that in mind.
Ninka Kiwi leaked the entire remaining Smash 4 roster here over a month before the ESRB leak, overall occurring about three months before the 3DS version's release, while their source knew the roster before E3 2014, so it could have leaked even sooner. As such, a full roster text leak is possible at this point.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't find anything...

Well, I think I'm going to give up, my eyes are burning right now, I need to go to bed now.

That being said, if anyone find any source confirming or disconfirming this line from the Kirby wiki.

• In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the Dark Meta Knight costume for Meta Knight is now fully modeled after the former; he even has the scar on his mask.
Linking it one last time to be sure.

I know it's wiki and anyone can make up stuff, but I prefer to be sure.

Be sure to tag me if something have been found, it's very possible it could be in a video clip or a hidden image on the website that show the DMK costume, but honestly, anything is possible at this point.

On that, have a good day.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we're looking at 6-7 more characters total, honestly. 6 if we get DLC, 7 if we don't. Not sure how they'll split it Echoes/Newcomers wise, but just based off the Wii U CSS, that's about as many as they can fit in; and if we get DLC, I expect 4 more characters maximum.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I bet there is going to be one "leaker" who by chance guesses the next character reveal correctly, and then we're going to have many discussions here on whether or not they're legit.

D

Deleted member

I think we're looking at 6-7 more characters total, honestly. 6 if we get DLC, 7 if we don't. Not sure how they'll split it Echoes/Newcomers wise, but just based off the Wii U CSS, that's about as many as they can fit in; and if we get DLC, I expect 4 more characters maximum.
Two things:
  1. There will definitely be DLC
  2. Since when did Sakurai care about how the roster is organized? It's never 100% symmetrical, just look at Sm4sh's base roster.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Two things:
  1. There will definitely be DLC
  2. Since when did Sakurai care about how the roster is organized? It's never 100% symmetrical, just look at Sm4sh's base roster.
Well, it's gotta fit onto a single screen. He can't do what he did on 3DS. And we don't KNOW there'll be DLC.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Updated my roster a bit from yesterday. I myself think it might be too big now, but eh.

View attachment 151859

From yesterday, I updated my roster with a new K.Rool icon as well as a new Dillon icon. I also added 2 more Newcomer icons for speculative pleasure!

Who are your five that you would add to this roster?
Brian(Quest 64), Tingle, Elma, Rabbids, and... hmm... ignoring disconfirmed choices... King HIppo. Last one is difficult, really. Ashley is another great option. Maybe instead of Elma...

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
And why can't he exactly?
Because 1 3DS = 1 Person. 1 Switch could equal up to 8 at a time. You inconvenience other players by removing 90% of the roster on-screen for the sake of 1 player by having multiple screens for the CSS.

D

Deleted member

Because 1 3DS = 1 Person. 1 Switch could equal up to 8 at a time. You inconvenience other players by removing 90% of the roster on-screen for the sake of 1 player by having multiple screens for the CSS.
This wasn't my point anyway. For reference, look at Smash Wii U's CSS:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The 3DS screen's resolution is 320x240, while the Switch's screen resolution is 1280x720 and modern tvs/monitors are going to match or exceed that while being obviously far larger. Using the 3DS' little screen as a point of comparison for CSS stuff is invalid, and they could have just shrunk the character icons farther to fit the DLC on the same screen for 3DS, but instead took advantage of the 1 person per console thing to make a second page for DLC.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Updated my roster a bit from yesterday. I myself think it might be too big now, but eh.

View attachment 151859

From yesterday, I updated my roster with a new K.Rool icon as well as a new Dillon icon. I also added 2 more Newcomer icons for speculative pleasure!

1. ANY SMT REP. (preferably either Demifiend or SMT1 Hero)
2. Lyn (Yes, I know she's deconfirmed
3. Simon Belmont (Not at all influenced by the leaks)
4. Ryu Hayabusa (The most iconic videogame ninja of all time)
5. Doomguy (Violent firearms focused face-puncher? Radial)

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
While we don’t have confirmation of dlc I would eat various types of clothing if it doesn’t happen. Arms and splatoon 2 got unprecedented levels of support and smash ultimate is likely the poster boy for the new online service.

My gut feeling is they’ll combine the free updates of the games I’ve aready mentioned with more heavy updates more akin to smash Wii U. Online tournaments, the occasional stage to promote a new game and maybe the first character ‘free’ to get people hooked. Then big content packs with a fighter or two, a new game mode and character skins at a premium.

I would be genuinely surprised if it doesn’t surpass smash Wii u in terms of post game support and content.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

View attachment 151859

Bandana Dee, Ashley, Kamek, Decidueye, and Octoling.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
While we don’t have confirmation of dlc I would eat various types of clothing if it doesn’t happen. Arms and splatoon 2 got unprecedented levels of support and smash ultimate is likely the poster boy for the new online service.

My gut feeling is they’ll combine the free updates of the games I’ve aready mentioned with more heavy updates more akin to smash Wii U. Online tournaments, the occasional stage to promote a new game and maybe the first character ‘free’ to get people hooked. Then big content packs with a fighter or two, a new game mode and character skins at a premium.

I would be genuinely surprised if it doesn’t surpass smash Wii u in terms of post game support and content.
While Smash Ultimate will nigh-certainly see DLC, don't expect it to be free content. Arms and Splatoon did the free updates thing because a big selling point was that while the base game had a lack of content, it would receive significantly more content from free DLC to justify them being full-priced games. That is obviously not going to be the case for Smash Ultimate, and Nintendo isn't going to throw all the guaranteed money that paid DLC for Smash is, especially when Smash 4's DLC was so successful.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I don't think considering the CSS is a good way of figuring out how many characters there are. After all, couldn't the slots just be resized in a patch?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ninka Kiwi leaked the entire remaining Smash 4 roster here over a month before the ESRB leak, overall occurring about three months before the 3DS version's release, while their source knew the roster before E3 2014, so it could have leaked even sooner. As such, a full roster text leak is possible at this point.
Oh true, I thought he mashed his info together with vaan's to create the full picture, but he already had it anyway. And I don't doubt there are those who know the roster, and have simply chosen to not go public.

Still, once or twice, my point is not that their can't be valid text leaks, it's just to keep in mind how rare an entire roster leak is.

Last edited:

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
While Smash Ultimate will nigh-certainly see DLC, don't expect it to be free content. Arms and Splatoon did the free updates thing because a big selling point was that while the base game had a lack of content, it would receive significantly more content from free DLC to justify them being full-priced games. That is obviously not going to be the case for Smash Ultimate, and Nintendo isn't going to throw all the guaranteed money that paid DLC for Smash is, especially when Smash 4's DLC was so successful.
I absolutely don’t expect free content in terms of characters, I meant more along the lines of support in terms of post game tournaments, somewhat akin to the splatfests in splatoon. Nintendo have done a great job with splatoon 2 this way, keeping it fresh and relevant before dropping paid content which seems to have gone down well with the fans. Any free updates to smashwould be very small if they exist at all.

Nintendo are absolutely not going to make it all free. Not when there’s suckers like me who bought all the dlc for Wii U and still hasn’t used a single mii fighter costume.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh true, I thought he mashed his info together with vaan's to create the full picture, but he already had it anyway. And I don't doubt there are those who know the roster, and have simply chosen to not go public.

Still, once or twice, my point is not that their can't be valid text leaks, it's just to keep in mind how rare an entire roster leak is.
Imo, one of the biggest take aways from the Sm4sh speculation was text and picture leaks were really just too unreliable, and that video was the way to go. Video can be proved or disproved much better.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imo, one of the biggest take aways from the Sm4sh speculation was text and picture leaks were really just too unreliable, and that video was the way to go. Video can be proved or disproved much better.
There wasn't a single 100% correct image leak, was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom