• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Someone might have already posted this, so sorry if they already have but...I'm gonna put it here
https://www.inverse.com/article/46760-4chan-leak-reveals-11-new-super-smash-bros-ultimate-characters
Make sure to take this with a grain of salt, as well.
I want it to be real

and that's exactly why it's not going to be real.

Watch, all this speculation on who’ll be an echo.

And we just get Dark Samus and Dark Meta Knight
I'd be A-Okay with that.
Yeah, I can understand that frankly. Kind of like how some 8 year old things Sakurai said may not have relavancy now, is just like how some 8 year old video game might not have relavancy now
Exactly! Sakurai is just a human being as well, and sure he's a manager, but Smash has multiple of those and so many people working on it. There's so much that's bound to happen over a 3 year development cycle on it's own.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Watch, all this speculation on who’ll be an echo.

And we just get Dark Samus and Dark Meta Knight
DS is perfectly fine.
DMK is reaching places it don't want to reach and will probably insult Kirby fans more than complement them.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Updated my roster a bit from yesterday. I myself think it might be too big now, but eh.

View attachment 151859

From yesterday, I updated my roster with a new K.Rool icon as well as a new Dillon icon. I also added 2 more Newcomer icons for speculative pleasure!

Who are your five that you would add to this roster?
Amaterasu
Shantae
Elma
Fjorm
Gardevoir

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This would be a very diverse set of characters and would, actually, be quite unique. ...gotta wonder what folklore would mean though.
I'm drawing on Son Goku or Donbe & Hikari from Famicom Fairytale-games with that. Farfetch'd guess, I think.

I think it'd be riot though.

Just imagine the massive reaction on the internet upon finding out that Goku's finally been put in Smash.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I want it to be real

I'd be A-Okay with that.

Exactly! Sakurai is just a human being as well, and sure he's a manager, but Smash has multiple of those and so many people working on it. There's so much that's bound to happen over a 3 year development cycle on it's own.
Eh. Dark Meta Knight? I'd take Galacta Knight as an echo first

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This would be a very diverse set of characters and would, actually, be quite unique. ...gotta wonder what folklore would mean though.
I don't know why, But folklore reminds me of something from Okami. Never played an Okami game, so i could be completely wrong.

I want it to be real

I'd be A-Okay with that.

Honestly, whenever Sakurai said something like that, i always kinda went. Ok. and never thought about it again XD

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She is now, since at the time Sonic was 16. Since Sonic is at least 20 as of Generations Amy being 16 should be correct.
I checked the wikis about her age, yet they state she’s still 12 (and as for Sonic, he seems like he’s still 16-18)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Updated my roster a bit from yesterday. I myself think it might be too big now, but eh.

View attachment 151859

From yesterday, I updated my roster with a new K.Rool icon as well as a new Dillon icon. I also added 2 more Newcomer icons for speculative pleasure!

Additions.png

All 100% bias. I was tempted to include Elma over Chibi but feel poor Chibi-Robo deserved some love.

(actually with this addition I'd be 1000% satisfied since you included a few characters on my "would also want" list like Dixie, Isaac, Dillon and even Chrom.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like how my post about Dark Meta Knight being apparantly confirm as a alternate costume for Ultimate, scar and all, have been ignored.:4metaknight:

'guess I do research on my side.

For those who haven't see my previous post, in short, look at the trivia section of this page.

Screenshot of the game who aren't on the website have been found on website such as the SmashWiki, so it's possible someone found a image of the Dark Meta Knight cotume in ultimate, but didn't show it for some reason.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hey guys, do yo-

Hey, I was going to talk about this!

So, apparantly, the Dark Meta Knight costume may have been revealed, with habvign the scar and all, however, the only "source" I could find is in the triva section of this page.

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Meta_Knight

And while I first I could see someone having false information. I did found a new image of Meta Knight's Galact Knight that isn't on the main website on the SmashWiki, suggesting that more images were found outside the Smashbros website.

So, while it may be a hoax, try to search around for Dark Meta Knight screenshot.
Is that not just a smash 4 mod...I'll try comparing it to the picture on the site.

WAIT NO that one is on the site. On the about page at the bottom screen shots float by, that is one of them.

The Dark Meta Knight thing is either made up or a guess based on the better detail of the Galtica Knight. No pics and no sources so don't trust it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
D

Deleted member

DMK is that one character that I'd be disappointed if they were an Echo.
Star Allies shows he has enough potential to be unique or at least a semi-clone. That and I'm a Kirby fanboy and I'd love as many unique Kirby characters as possible.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm drawing on Son Goku or Donbe & Hikari from Famicom Fairytale-games with that. Farfetch'd guess, I think.

I think it'd be riot though.

Just imagine the massive reaction on the internet upon finding out that Goku's finally been put in Smash.

I can imagine a gag where, before formally introducing him, whoever's managing the reveal gets word that it wasn't the one the crowd wanted, but they've already got him made, so nothing can be done about it.
On top of that, it'd finally quash Dragon Ball Goku supporters, 'cause if there's already a default character on the roster (the Roys nonwithstanding), then nothing can be done about it. I'd be more than okay with that.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I also have a random fun game! out of your favorite series in smash, what's the most unlikely character you want in it?
Gooey for me.

Plok for me, but the game and the character were forgotten in time... even a simple trophy of him would make me happy.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
DMK is that one character that I'd be disappointed if they were an Echo.
Star Allies shows he has enough potential to be unique or at least a semi-clone. That and I'm a Kirby fanboy and I'd love as many unique Kirby characters as possible.
If Sakurai really wanted to add an all new Kirby character though, there's a number of picks that he'd probably choose over Dark Meta Knight. Getting in as an alt or echo is probably his only real shot at being playable. I've come to accept this about Dark Pit - I'd love for him to have his own unique moveset using other weapons from KI:U, but if he wasn't a clone, he probably wouldn't even be playable to begin with.

That said, I don't really expect him to be an echo fighter at all. Not unless Sakurai really does go crazy and adds a bunch of echo fighters for echo's sake like some people seem to expect him to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Sakurai really wanted to add an all new Kirby character though, there's a number of picks that he'd probably choose over Dark Meta Knight. Getting in as an alt or echo is probably his only real shot at being playable. I've come to accept this about Dark Pit - I'd love for him to have his own unique moveset using other weapons from KI:U, but if he wasn't a clone, he probably wouldn't even be playable to begin with.

That said, I don't really expect him to be an echo fighter at all. Not unless Sakurai really does go crazy and adds a bunch of echo fighters for echo's sake like some people seem to expect him to.
Oh I know that, and I have other Kirby characters that I prioritize over him personally.
But between Echo DMK or no DMK, i'd rather have no DMK.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
When I saw that leak I thought it was Impa as Warrior and Simon as Folklore (Dracula) but idk man. It's obviously bull**** anyways.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I swear to Master Hand, I won't go to bed until I find a source of the Kirby wiki claiming that DMK is in the game as a alternate costume in utlimate with the scar and all.

D

Deleted member

Also I'm half-hoping this leak is real just because Archer is 99% Decidueye, but it's probably fake.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

View attachment 151859

By who I would want:

1. Elma
2. Excitebiker
3. Decidueye
4. Malos
5. Ashley

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Also I'm half-hoping this leak is real just because Archer is 99% Decidueye, but it's probably fake.
Inb4 ‘Archer’ is Pink Gold Pit.

Besides, have we ever gotten legit full roster leaks this early after announcement? True it’s a short timeframe, but these leaks are all really reaching this round - nothing really convincing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Besides, have we ever gotten legit full roster leaks this early after announcement? True it’s a short timeframe, but these leaks are all really reaching this round - nothing really convincing.
I agree. maybe if they gave an image. i'd look into it.

D

Deleted member

I did say that it's probably fake though, didn't I?
We'll know soon enough anyway. I try to avoid putting stock in leaks just to avoid disappointment.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 151859

Ooo, let me answer this!

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Sora
3. Any Legend of Zelda character
4. Decidueye or Incineroar
5. Shovel Knight
6. Goku

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom