• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Are you implying Super Paper Mario isn't a good game...

...because if you are you and me are gonna have to have a little chat.
Sic Mr. Flibble on 'em, MamaLuigi.

By the way, CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix , can I just say I appreciate your use of Caulifla in your avatar? The way people reacted to her and Kale, anyone would have thought they were the worst things ever to happen to Dragon Ball.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Are you implying Super Paper Mario isn't a good game...

...because if you are you and me are gonna have to have a little chat.
I think Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3 are very good bedfellows, disregarding the gameplay shift.

Great follow-ups to two incredible games that can't help but fall a little short in comparison to them, but only because the first two are that good.

That said, if Prime 4 is Sticker Star I'm going to start digging my grave now.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think Super Paper Mario and Prime 3 are very good bedfellows, disregarding the gameplay shift.

Great follow-ups to two incredible games that can't help but fall a little short in comparison to them.
I think SPM is on equal footing with TTYD to me, even though the latter edges out due to having this:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sic Mr. Flibble on 'em, MamaLuigi.

By the way, CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix , can I just say I appreciate your use of Caulifla in your avatar? The way people reacted to her and Kale, anyone would have thought they were the worst things ever to happen to Dragon Ball.
Is that Caulifla? I always thought it was Yaoyorozu from My Hero Academia.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is that Caulifla? I always thought it was Yaoyorozu from My Hero Academia.
It's Caulifla, Yaoyorozu doesn't wear a purple tube top. Also Caulifla's hair is pretty distinct (though Yaomomo's hair does look similar in her Bakugou Rescue Civilian Disguise).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Putting aside my usual bad habit of not specifying enough in everything I say, something interesting came up.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...etroid_prime_4_development_is_proceeding_well

This may not mean much, but given that there's been hearsay that Sylux may return in Prime 4, and that the game is under development, he might get a chance to show up in Smash to promote Prime 4. That is, assuming Sakurai was/is shown dev materials at some point.

Random reactions

Shadow- What have you done? *Edgy music plays* WHAT HAVE YOU DONNNNNNNNNE?

Steve- Whew, um alright

Rabbids- Okay Alright that's fine, I can dig it

Rayman- Had me sweating thank heavens

Spyro- What, omg, when, that's amazing.

Banjo & Kazooie- WOW hell yeah

Yooka Laylee- Why have you forsaken me?

Meat Boy- I was a fool

Issac from the binding of Isaac- The elders warned me and I laughed at them, now I am the one who is frightened...
Might as well do a few ones too.

Shantae: YES! I KNEW IT! SHE ISN'T TOO LEWD FOR SMASH! YES!
Shovel Knight: OH YES! FOR SHOVELRY!
Quote: Well, Nicalis must have practically lent him for a song.
Spyro: YES! Japan CAN actually try to do him justice this time.
Rayman: Yes, finally, my French childhood hero is here.
Star Man: A winner is me!

The Underworld level and the one before where the world just ceases to exist was so dark
There's never been a breather level that could be so depressing (aside maybe a certain chapter in Mother 3).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I'm curious. What would everyone here think if we got Slippy as a playable character? I know his chances aren't the greatest, but I'm curious to see how many here would like him, or at least be okay with him, rather than hate him. He's got a lot of potential.

Made a moveset for him a while back if anyone needs help envisioning how he might play as.
Name: Slippy Toad
Series: Star Fox
First Appearance: Star Fox (1993)
Archetype: Defensive Engineer
Gimmick: Cameras

Overview

Slippy’s moveset is inspired primarily out of Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Zero, and Star Fox Guard. Star Fox Assault is what gives him a majority of his attacks, using various different weapons from that game. Almost all of his moves revolve around the use of gadgets, weapons, or tools. Slippy’s moveset was also designed to keep his quirky personality intact, such as when he looks back while stabbing opponents with a screwdriver.

The moves Slippy uses are mostly long-range attacks with high power, but also come with high lag. Moves where he uses weapons are his strongest options, as they’re used to keep opponents away. Slippy does have a few close-combat moves using his tools, but since Slippy isn’t the strongest physically, close-quarters are usually a last resort for him.

Slippy’s moveset gimmick brings something new to the table for Smash. Slippy is able to place down the cameras from Star Fox Guard, which acts as a stationary sentry gun. This is another effective tool for Slippy, as the camera can be used in a variety of ways. The amount of cameras Slippy has active really depends on hardware capabilities, though.

Attributes

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 106

Jump Height
  • Ground: 45
  • Short: 20
  • Midair: 45
Air Speed: 0.9

Fall Speed
  • Normal Fall: 1.75
  • Fast-Fall: 2.8
Movement Speed
  • Walk: 0.75
  • Dash: 1.25
Normals

Neutral: Slippy swings his screwdriver twice in an ‘X’ shape, then looks away and covers his eyes as he rapidly stabs forward with it. The flurry of stabs ends with a final, mid-level thrust.

Dash: As he’s dashing forward, Slippy performs a shoulder-bash. If it connects, it has high knockback and quick recovery. If it misses, then Slippy trips and falls, slightly extending the move, but adding more recovery time.

Tilts

Side Tilt: Slippy takes out his wrench and swings it across with one hand. Rapid inputs will have Slippy alternate which side he swings from, making a back-and-forth motion.

Up Tilt: Slippy performs a small hop and sticks his hands above his head, holding a screwdriver in one and a wrench in the other. Short range but it’s a very quick move that's useful for follow-ups.

Down Tilt: Slippy kneels down and drives an active drill into the opponent’s feet. Quick animation, and hits multiple times. Excellent primer for follow-ups, and can even knock off opponents holding onto a ledge.

Smashes

Side Smash: Slippy takes a kneeling position as he pulls out the sniper rifle from Star Fox: Assault, and lines up a shot. Quick Side Smash inputs will lead to an inaccurate shot, leading to unintentional upward or downward angles. The longer the attack is charged, the more powerful and accurate the shot is. Would have the longest range of any Side Smash, and would be one of the strongest in the series. For balance though, the shot would leave Slippy on his butt, leading to a long recovery time.

Up Smash: Slippy pulls out the gatling gun from Star Fox: Assault, and fires full-auto into the air. However, Slippy can’t handle the recoil, so the gatling gun sprays side to side. This creates a very long-range attack in a 45° radius above.

Down Smash: Slippy pulls out two grenades from Star Fox: Assault, one in each hand. For the attack, Slippy takes a step forward while bending over, then casts them to his sides. This creates a disjointed hitbox, and the explosions occur just far enough away that Slippy doesn’t blow himself up. Great knock-out potential.

Aerials

Neutral Air: True to the series’ signature barrel roll, Slippy turns to the side, sticks hit arms and legs out, and performs a cartwheel-like motion in air. Each limb does damage, and hits on both sides of him. A good ‘get off me’ move.

Forward Air: Slippy whips out the machine gun from Star Fox: Assault and fires a full-auto burst forward. Has long range, and auto-cancels upon landing.

Back Air: Once again, Slippy’s got a bogey on his tail. Since other teammates are already in Smash, Slippy gets a bit of help from Peppy. Slippy leans forward, as Peppy fires three lasers behind him. First laser is right behind Slippy, the second laser is a little bit further out, and the last a bit further than the second. Very strong knockout move.

Up Air: Slippy takes out his wrench and does a wide arcing swing over his head. Makes for an excellent juggling move.

Down Air: Slippy takes out the homing launcher from Star Fox: Assault, aims down, and fires. The rocket travels fast, and only explodes when it comes into contact with an opponent or a platform. Explosion has high damage and knockback, even meteor smashing midair opponents. For balance, the move has long start-up and end-lag, and if timed right, Slippy can hurt or even knock himself out if he fires the rocket too close to the ground.

Throws
Grab: Slippy takes a step, leans forward, and reaches out with both hands.

Pummel: Once Slippy has his hands on an opponent, his pummel involves him turning his head to the side and slamming it into the opponent’s.

Forward Throw: Slippy, while still holding onto the opponent, jumps up and places his feet on his opponent’s chest. He then performs a strong drop-kick. Strong knockback.

Back Throw: Slippy performs a leap-frog like motion, jumping over the opponent’s head. As he’s landing, Slippy slams a sensor bomb onto the opponent’s back, and it detonates as soon as Slippy lands. Another throw with strong knock back.

Up Throw: Slippy crouches down and rolls onto his back while placing his feet onto the opponent’s chest. He then performs an upward kick with both legs. Good for follow-ups.

Down Throw: Slippy performs a small hop as he throws his opponent onto the ground, then performs a body slam onto them. Deals high percent damage, but low knockback.

Get-Ups

Front Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up with a push-up like motion.

Back Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up by rolling over into a kneeling position, then stands.

Trip Get-Up: Slippy kicks hit legs out in front of him and he leans back and shoots hit arms out, then stands.

Ledge Attack: As Slippy is trying to climb back onto the ledge, he sticks his long, stretchy tongue outward.

Specials

Neutral Special: Blaster - Slippy pulls out the standard blaster from Star Fox: Assault and charges it up. The longer the blaster is charged, the further the distance it travels as well as the more damage and knockback it has. Just like in the game its from, the color of the charged shot will change depending on how much power it has. Long range and disjointed with a fast recovery.

Side Special: Direct-i - Slippy sends forward Direct-i from Star Fox Zero. Direct-i travels horizontally across the stage, and when he comes into contact with an opponent, he grabs them. Once Direct-i has grabbed onto an opponent, he sends a consistent electrical shock through them. After three seconds, Direct-i legs go and disappears.

Up Special: Booster Pack - Slippy’s puts on the Booster Pack from Star Fox: Assault and takes flight. The Booster Pack runs on a fuel system, which lasts about four seconds. This grants Slippy impressive vertical and horizontal recovery, and does not leave Slippy in a helpless state after use.

Down Special: AegisCam - Slippy places down an AegisCam from Star Fox Guard. The AegisCam acts as a stationary sentry gun, automatically targeting enemies within range and firing lasers at them. Lasers deal decent percent damage, but do not stun. The AegisCam has a set amount of health, and can be destroyed if it takes enough damage. As for how many Slippy places down, it depends on what the system can handle. 3 would be ideal, 2 would be more balanced, but 1 is more realistic with hardware limits.

Final Smash: Gyrowing - Slippy hops in the Gyrowing from Star Fox Zero and takes to the top of the stage. From here, Slippy can fly left and right across the top, and drop up to three large bombs upon the stage. These bombs have a very large explosive radius, and deal massive damage, often instantly knocking-out opponents. Lasts fifteen seconds total, or until all three bombs are dropped.

Defenses

Shield: Slippy hunkers down with his hands over his eyes.

Sidestep Dodge: Slippy pivots on one foot off to the side, and waves his arms around as if he’s about to lose his balance.

Forward Roll: Slippy performs a somersault forward, and turns around once it’s over.

Backward Roll: Slippy performs a backwards somersault.

Extras

Entrance: Slippy flies in on his Arwing and jumps out. Rather than landing gracefully like Fox and Falco, he lands on his butt. He then stands up and rubs the pain away just before the fight begins.

Stance: Slippy stands facing forward, with his arms angled at his sides.

Idle Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy puts his hands on his belt and readjusts it.
  • Animation 2: Slippy puts his hands on his hat and repositions it.
Taunts
  • Up Taunt: Slippy covers his eyes, and then quickly move his hands in a peek-a-boo like motion as he says “Ha! Thought you could hide from me, eh?”
  • Side Taunt: Slippy tries to spin his blaster with one hand. As the blaster loops back around, it hits him in the face.
  • Down Taunt: Slippy puts his hand on the side of his headset and briefly leans forward before standing back up straight and says “Shield analysis complete!”
Victory Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy jumps up and down while sticking his arms up and shouts “I won! Returning to base!”
  • Animation 2: Slippy performs his victory animation from Star Fox: Assault. He clicks his heels to the left, then the right, and performs a ‘sinking’ dance. After the freeze frame, Slippy will stick his arms out in front of him, move them side to side, and perform the ‘sinking’ dance again on repeat.
  • Animation 3: Slippy holds out his wrench towards the camera and says “Mess with the best, go down like the rest!”
Special Victory Dialogue
  • Victory vs. Fox: “This won’t get me kicked off the team, right?” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Fox: “You did fine, Slip” - Fox
  • Victory vs. Falco: “You’re all talk, bird-brain!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Falco: “Stick to the pond, frog-boy!” - Falco
  • Victory vs. Krystal: “That staff can’t beat my tech!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Krystal: “Hurts when Fox isn’t here to watch your back, huh?” - Krystal
  • Victory vs. Wolf: “Maybe next time you’ll think twice!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Wolf: “I hate that frog…” - Wolf

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Another "leak." They're learning and piggybacking off of each other.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422736410
A source came to me willing to violate his NDA gave me a ****ton of info. Sakurai was right to say about not expecting a lot of newcomers as there are only 8 more characters, 5 of which are newcomers and 3 are echo fighters.

The newcomers are: K.Rool, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Simon Belmont, and Gengar. The Echo fighters are Shadow, Dark Samus, and Chrom.

K.Rool isn't a stance change character, but he uses moves from all his boss forms. Geno's final Smash is Geno Blast with Mallow assisting with Star Rain. Geno's moves are based off his specials. Simon uses his weapons from the Castlevania games, and has a new design. His final smash is the stop watch. Gengar is a very light character but fast character, but he can pass through people as his gimmick in the game. His Final Smash transforms him into Mega Gengar. Banjo-Kazooie have moves from their original games, and their Final Smash involves Mumbo Jumbo. Shadows slower than Sonic and his Final Smash is Super Shadow, which has a tighter pattern than Sonic's. Chrom is Ike but with tippers. Dark Samus has Phazon effects for her moves and her tilts have more knock back for her moves compared to her smash attacks. F-air is not a disjointed move.

As for other news, custom moves are gone. The Miis only have access to one move set, and can be used online. They will have outfits like in Smash 4 you can use though.

For Glory returns. Omega and BF stages are chosen at random. You will be given rank Icons this time, though W/L will be kept hidden. You will no longer be kicked from a lobby for targeting a player in 4-player online too.

Ken, Chun-Li, Ashley, Neku, Tifa, Sephiroth, Tails, Karate Joe, Dracula, Chorus Kids, Issac (with his appearance from Dark Dawn), Dr.Wily, Hades, Banana Dee, Galacta Knight, Wart, and Birdo appear as Assist Trophies. Incineroar, Decidueye, Primarina, Marshadow and Zeraora are all pokeball pokemon from what was revealed to me, though there are more ATs and Pokemon that I don't know about. 1/2

Spiral Mountain is BKs stage. You will be on a moving platform while you explore the area. Gruntilda will fly around on the stage and attack players. The stage will also have a code you can enter to hear Grunty talk smack on the other fighters. Gangplank Galleon will be a stage in the game. The Flying Croc will be a stage hazard. Poke Floats and Fountain of Dreams from Melee return.

As for DLC, Sakurai has mentioned that ATs currently in the game could be DLC characters in the future. Waluigi was mentioned as well as Ashley. Rash, Rex, Captain Toad, Tharja, Hector, Midna, Linkle were mentioned as well, but he told me that these were in name only and DLC isn't even a thought for the team right now, they are more concerned with getting the game ready for launch.
My thoughts:
>"The Echo fighters are Shadow, Dark Samus, and Chrom...Shadows slower than Sonic"
>G E N G A R

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another "leak." They're learning and piggybacking off of each other.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422736410
A source came to me willing to violate his NDA gave me a ****ton of info. Sakurai was right to say about not expecting a lot of newcomers as there are only 8 more characters, 5 of which are newcomers and 3 are echo fighters.

The newcomers are: K.Rool, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Simon Belmont, and Gengar. The Echo fighters are Shadow, Dark Samus, and Chrom.

K.Rool isn't a stance change character, but he uses moves from all his boss forms. Geno's final Smash is Geno Blast with Mallow assisting with Star Rain. Geno's moves are based off his specials. Simon uses his weapons from the Castlevania games, and has a new design. His final smash is the stop watch. Gengar is a very light character but fast character, but he can pass through people as his gimmick in the game. His Final Smash transforms him into Mega Gengar. Banjo-Kazooie have moves from their original games, and their Final Smash involves Mumbo Jumbo. Shadows slower than Sonic and his Final Smash is Super Shadow, which has a tighter pattern than Sonic's. Chrom is Ike but with tippers. Dark Samus has Phazon effects for her moves and her tilts have more knock back for her moves compared to her smash attacks. F-air is not a disjointed move.

As for other news, custom moves are gone. The Miis only have access to one move set, and can be used online. They will have outfits like in Smash 4 you can use though.

For Glory returns. Omega and BF stages are chosen at random. You will be given rank Icons this time, though W/L will be kept hidden. You will no longer be kicked from a lobby for targeting a player in 4-player online too.

Ken, Chun-Li, Ashley, Neku, Tifa, Sephiroth, Tails, Karate Joe, Dracula, Chorus Kids, Issac (with his appearance from Dark Dawn), Dr.Wily, Hades, Banana Dee, Galacta Knight, Wart, and Birdo appear as Assist Trophies. Incineroar, Decidueye, Primarina, Marshadow and Zeraora are all pokeball pokemon from what was revealed to me, though there are more ATs and Pokemon that I don't know about. 1/2

Spiral Mountain is BKs stage. You will be on a moving platform while you explore the area. Gruntilda will fly around on the stage and attack players. The stage will also have a code you can enter to hear Grunty talk smack on the other fighters. Gangplank Galleon will be a stage in the game. The Flying Croc will be a stage hazard. Poke Floats and Fountain of Dreams from Melee return.

As for DLC, Sakurai has mentioned that ATs currently in the game could be DLC characters in the future. Waluigi was mentioned as well as Ashley. Rash, Rex, Captain Toad, Tharja, Hector, Midna, Linkle were mentioned as well, but he told me that these were in name only and DLC isn't even a thought for the team right now, they are more concerned with getting the game ready for launch.
My thoughts:
>"The Echo fighters are Shadow, Dark Samus, and Chrom...Shadows slower than Sonic"
>G E N G A R
"Chrom is Ike with tippers."

Yes because Chrom's definitely the kind of guy who would require precision to use. Totally.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Some random though I had, but I’m starting to feel worried about the newcomer lineup.

In my opinion, when I first started speculating on this new game I was really interested in what curveball characters that can pop up, the possibilities of IPS that can get revitalized, and anything new and enticing to get in with the roster.

Although they haven’t really showed anything yet, the only thing that is tossed around is fanservice, fanservice, and more fanservice. Yes this game is taking feedback from the things people didn’t like about Smash 4 which is great! However, I don’t want to the newcomer lineup to be just characters from the ballot. I want to see more wacky and unique characters Sakurai can create from Nintendo’s vast library that wouldn’t have been noticed by people to begin with.

So far I have enjoyed many of Sakurai’s curveball characters, but if the newcomers are only going fanservice characters, then I’d feel that Sakurai didn’t really he had the freedom he had when it came to the roster than in previous games. Like he’s chained to OBEY what the fans want and what the fans say. Yes, it’s great to see characters that people have been asking for a long time, but I also want to see what unique concepts and characters Sakurai can put out for us as well that wouldn’t have gotten in if it weren’t for him. A lot of his oddball choices became staples and fan favorites and I also want to see some of that for this game too, since chances are, they defenitley aren’t going to have oddball choices as DLC.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What's ironic is that Wario says wah all the time too yet nobody seems to mind it with him.

Ah. It's been forever since I played Super Star lol.
Wario is a pimp...and all pimps can do whatever they want

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm gonna bump this little game I had because I want to see some answers:

I have an idea. Since Echo Fighters are effectively the same as other characters other than personality, I want to focus on taunts.

Think of a potential Echo Fighter and think of the 3 taunts for him/her.

I'll give it a go for
:

Up: He faces the screen, lowers his glasses provocatively, grins and does the eyebrow wink
Side: He stretches his legs in reference to the Yoshi race in SMRPG
Down: He wiggles his tail/booty towards the screen similar to Wario's booty shake.
Also thanks to MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion I decided to add victory animations to that:

1. He Egg Rolls into view and breaks out in a presenting pose like Dedede's crouch.
2. He licks his lips while staring at you menacingly.
3. To parallel Yoshi, he mimics the fighting pose of another famous video game fighting character, like Heihachi

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It’s crazy to look back at Melee and then look at the Ultimate trailer. Like the graphics have come such a long way.

And the Ultimate trailer had like 66 characters. Wild when you think about it
Not as big as comparing anything to Smash 64. Still impressive though.
Since when has being too lewd stopped a character from getting in the roster :ultbayonetta:
The thing here is, one gal shows cleavage 24/7, and the other usually doesn't (hair manipulation notwithstanding).

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So if Chrom was an echo of Ike, what properties would he have to differentiate him? In the GameXplain interview with Bill Trinen and some other Nintendo representative, they said that an Echo must borrow weight, speed, animations, and other things to really be an "echo" (Probably includes jump height, fall speed too).

What would they change about Chrom? Just knockback angles and some minor visual stuff, sort of like what it appears Daisy is getting?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
These flood of rumors is really starting to get annoying. And it's the same pool of characters too.

There's like what, 10 fake rumors everyday now? With only one slight difference.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
These flood of rumors is really starting to get annoying. And it's the same pool of characters too.

There's like what, 10 fake rumors everyday now? With only one slight difference.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is what it is. It's important that they are logged and noted because one of them might be the next Gematsu. We'll never know.

But it'd be nice if they stopped for a day or two. We're at around 85 different leaks and it hasn't even been a month.

I'm guessing we'll have at least 300 different leaks by release. I'd guess 400-500 liberally.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Chrom is Ike with tippers."

Yes because Chrom's definitely the kind of guy who would require precision to use. Totally.
True...besides, Chrom can’t even handle being punched in the face by his love

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Okay, so, can someone explain something to me?

No one wants a new Fire Emblem Rep on the roster. i.e. Celica or even a Three Houses Rep later on as DLC...but

Everyone is gunning for Chrom to be an Echo Fighter....which would be another Fire Emblem Rep...and another Fire Emblem Rep that’s an Echo at that.

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
1530501374380.gif

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know what I want to see for online play? A ranking system, but mind what I say here. We could have rankings assigned to players with victories achieved, or perhaps specific levels like in Splatoon maybe. I can see problems, like players getting victories for nothing being able to reach top players easily, but I do feel that this should at least be given a chance.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

No one wants a new Fire Emblem Rep on the roster. i.e. Celica or even a Three Houses Rep later on as DLC...but

Everyone is gunning for Chrom to be an Echo Fighter....which would be another Fire Emblem Rep...and another Fire Emblem Rep that’s an Echo at that.

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
View attachment 151028
Chrom was the most highly requested FE character prior to Smash 4, before the over-saturation

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well, you see what happened to Samus' boobs and Snake's butt, they both got shrunken despite the fact that neither show any skin. I'm honestly not sure if they'd be lenient with her.
I mean if they REALLY wanted to they could have her wear the black jacket from Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Not like we don't have human characters showing some skin already (:ultzss:'s alts).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
View attachment 151028
Not everyone is gunning for Chrom though...his chances just so happen to be rising due to the echo situation (now that Lyn is deconfirmed, Celica is still on top. At best he’s the 2nd or 3rd most anticipated FE rep for now

Troykv

Smash Master

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
View attachment 151028
Chrom was expected in the previous game; now is kind of wanted because of how Robin's trailer and Robin's Palutena Guidance treated him

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
View attachment 151028
And then there's me, who wants both Chrom and Celica, while not minding if Edelgard gets in as DLC. :p

So if Chrom was an echo of Ike, what properties would he have to differentiate him? In the GameXplain interview with Bill Trinen and some other Nintendo representative, they said that an Echo must borrow weight, speed, animations, and other things to really be an "echo" (Probably includes jump height, fall speed too).

What would they change about Chrom? Just knockback angles and some minor visual stuff, sort of like what it appears Daisy is getting?
White fire for Eruption to reference the Awakening Rite. Rename Eruption to Awakening.
Quick Draw goes through opponents now. Renamed Luna.
Potentially angled descent on Aether, but I don't know if that'd be too big of a difference.
Frederick pair-up for Final Smash.

I'd expect something like that as a minimum thing.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I.

Don’t.

Understand.
View attachment 151028
It's because Chrom would be an Echo Fighter, which require minimal effort to include. No real effort would go into his inclusion, so therefore he wouldn't "take up a slot" on the roster.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Chrom was the most highly requested FE character prior to Smash 4, before the over-saturation
That was years ago. An entirely new Fire Emblem game has been released with a new one on the horizon. We already have 2 characters from Awakening.

I just don’t understand it. If I mention Three Houses as DLC, I’ll get told there’s no way, and that Fire Emblem already has too much, but then in the same breathe, those people want Chrom.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, here's a question.

Do you think there will be more third parties and if so, why were there no third parties revealed at E3?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Here's a reboot roster for ya!
Super Bash Sisters

:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultzss::ultlucina::ultrobin(F):ultcorrin:(F):ultpalutena::ultwiifittrainer:(F):ultpokemontrainer:(F):ultpikachu:(F):ultjigglypuff::ultbayonetta::ultinkling:(F)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Gardevoir (Pokémon)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Celica (Fire Emblem)
Ashley (Wario)
Captain Syrup (Wario)
Isabelle (replaces :ultvillager:)
Meryl Silverburgh (replaces :ultsnake:)
Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Rouge the Bat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Cream the Rabbit (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Blaze the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Roll (replaces :ultmegaman:)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy)
Yuna (Final Fantasy)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Chun Li (Street Fighter)
Cammy (Street Fighter)
R. Mika (Street Fighter)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
Ayane (Dead or Alive)
Helena Douglas (Dead or Alive)
Tina Armstrong (Dead or Alive)
Hitomi (Dead or Alive)
Honoka (Dead or Alive)
Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
Ivy (Soul Calibur)
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Homura (Senran Kagura)
Shantae

Now, the most important question, would you buy this game? Would you play this game? Would you love this game?

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion

daisy is a much better idea for an echo. peach as a character has so many aspects to her kit that changing some of them can make a very different character for example if daisy fair is a combo move instead of a kill move and she floats faster forward than backward that's a very different character to peach already

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So, I'm curious. What would everyone here think if we got Slippy as a playable character? I know his chances aren't the greatest, but I'm curious to see how many here would like him, or at least be okay with him, rather than hate him. He's got a lot of potential.

Made a moveset for him a while back if anyone needs help envisioning how he might play as.
Name: Slippy Toad
Series: Star Fox
First Appearance: Star Fox (1993)
Archetype: Defensive Engineer
Gimmick: Cameras

Overview

Slippy’s moveset is inspired primarily out of Star Fox: Assault, Star Fox Zero, and Star Fox Guard. Star Fox Assault is what gives him a majority of his attacks, using various different weapons from that game. Almost all of his moves revolve around the use of gadgets, weapons, or tools. Slippy’s moveset was also designed to keep his quirky personality intact, such as when he looks back while stabbing opponents with a screwdriver.

The moves Slippy uses are mostly long-range attacks with high power, but also come with high lag. Moves where he uses weapons are his strongest options, as they’re used to keep opponents away. Slippy does have a few close-combat moves using his tools, but since Slippy isn’t the strongest physically, close-quarters are usually a last resort for him.

Slippy’s moveset gimmick brings something new to the table for Smash. Slippy is able to place down the cameras from Star Fox Guard, which acts as a stationary sentry gun. This is another effective tool for Slippy, as the camera can be used in a variety of ways. The amount of cameras Slippy has active really depends on hardware capabilities, though.

Attributes

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 106

Jump Height
  • Ground: 45
  • Short: 20
  • Midair: 45
Air Speed: 0.9

Fall Speed
  • Normal Fall: 1.75
  • Fast-Fall: 2.8
Movement Speed
  • Walk: 0.75
  • Dash: 1.25
Normals

Neutral: Slippy swings his screwdriver twice in an ‘X’ shape, then looks away and covers his eyes as he rapidly stabs forward with it. The flurry of stabs ends with a final, mid-level thrust.

Dash: As he’s dashing forward, Slippy performs a shoulder-bash. If it connects, it has high knockback and quick recovery. If it misses, then Slippy trips and falls, slightly extending the move, but adding more recovery time.

Tilts

Side Tilt: Slippy takes out his wrench and swings it across with one hand. Rapid inputs will have Slippy alternate which side he swings from, making a back-and-forth motion.

Up Tilt: Slippy performs a small hop and sticks his hands above his head, holding a screwdriver in one and a wrench in the other. Short range but it’s a very quick move that's useful for follow-ups.

Down Tilt: Slippy kneels down and drives an active drill into the opponent’s feet. Quick animation, and hits multiple times. Excellent primer for follow-ups, and can even knock off opponents holding onto a ledge.

Smashes

Side Smash: Slippy takes a kneeling position as he pulls out the sniper rifle from Star Fox: Assault, and lines up a shot. Quick Side Smash inputs will lead to an inaccurate shot, leading to unintentional upward or downward angles. The longer the attack is charged, the more powerful and accurate the shot is. Would have the longest range of any Side Smash, and would be one of the strongest in the series. For balance though, the shot would leave Slippy on his butt, leading to a long recovery time.

Up Smash: Slippy pulls out the gatling gun from Star Fox: Assault, and fires full-auto into the air. However, Slippy can’t handle the recoil, so the gatling gun sprays side to side. This creates a very long-range attack in a 45° radius above.

Down Smash: Slippy pulls out two grenades from Star Fox: Assault, one in each hand. For the attack, Slippy takes a step forward while bending over, then casts them to his sides. This creates a disjointed hitbox, and the explosions occur just far enough away that Slippy doesn’t blow himself up. Great knock-out potential.

Aerials

Neutral Air: True to the series’ signature barrel roll, Slippy turns to the side, sticks hit arms and legs out, and performs a cartwheel-like motion in air. Each limb does damage, and hits on both sides of him. A good ‘get off me’ move.

Forward Air: Slippy whips out the machine gun from Star Fox: Assault and fires a full-auto burst forward. Has long range, and auto-cancels upon landing.

Back Air: Once again, Slippy’s got a bogey on his tail. Since other teammates are already in Smash, Slippy gets a bit of help from Peppy. Slippy leans forward, as Peppy fires three lasers behind him. First laser is right behind Slippy, the second laser is a little bit further out, and the last a bit further than the second. Very strong knockout move.

Up Air: Slippy takes out his wrench and does a wide arcing swing over his head. Makes for an excellent juggling move.

Down Air: Slippy takes out the homing launcher from Star Fox: Assault, aims down, and fires. The rocket travels fast, and only explodes when it comes into contact with an opponent or a platform. Explosion has high damage and knockback, even meteor smashing midair opponents. For balance, the move has long start-up and end-lag, and if timed right, Slippy can hurt or even knock himself out if he fires the rocket too close to the ground.

Throws
Grab: Slippy takes a step, leans forward, and reaches out with both hands.

Pummel: Once Slippy has his hands on an opponent, his pummel involves him turning his head to the side and slamming it into the opponent’s.

Forward Throw: Slippy, while still holding onto the opponent, jumps up and places his feet on his opponent’s chest. He then performs a strong drop-kick. Strong knockback.

Back Throw: Slippy performs a leap-frog like motion, jumping over the opponent’s head. As he’s landing, Slippy slams a sensor bomb onto the opponent’s back, and it detonates as soon as Slippy lands. Another throw with strong knock back.

Up Throw: Slippy crouches down and rolls onto his back while placing his feet onto the opponent’s chest. He then performs an upward kick with both legs. Good for follow-ups.

Down Throw: Slippy performs a small hop as he throws his opponent onto the ground, then performs a body slam onto them. Deals high percent damage, but low knockback.

Get-Ups

Front Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up with a push-up like motion.

Back Get-Up: Slippy shoots his arms and legs out, then gets himself back up by rolling over into a kneeling position, then stands.

Trip Get-Up: Slippy kicks hit legs out in front of him and he leans back and shoots hit arms out, then stands.

Ledge Attack: As Slippy is trying to climb back onto the ledge, he sticks his long, stretchy tongue outward.

Specials

Neutral Special: Blaster - Slippy pulls out the standard blaster from Star Fox: Assault and charges it up. The longer the blaster is charged, the further the distance it travels as well as the more damage and knockback it has. Just like in the game its from, the color of the charged shot will change depending on how much power it has. Long range and disjointed with a fast recovery.

Side Special: Direct-i - Slippy sends forward Direct-i from Star Fox Zero. Direct-i travels horizontally across the stage, and when he comes into contact with an opponent, he grabs them. Once Direct-i has grabbed onto an opponent, he sends a consistent electrical shock through them. After three seconds, Direct-i legs go and disappears.

Up Special: Booster Pack - Slippy’s puts on the Booster Pack from Star Fox: Assault and takes flight. The Booster Pack runs on a fuel system, which lasts about four seconds. This grants Slippy impressive vertical and horizontal recovery, and does not leave Slippy in a helpless state after use.

Down Special: AegisCam - Slippy places down an AegisCam from Star Fox Guard. The AegisCam acts as a stationary sentry gun, automatically targeting enemies within range and firing lasers at them. Lasers deal decent percent damage, but do not stun. The AegisCam has a set amount of health, and can be destroyed if it takes enough damage. As for how many Slippy places down, it depends on what the system can handle. 3 would be ideal, 2 would be more balanced, but 1 is more realistic with hardware limits.

Final Smash: Gyrowing - Slippy hops in the Gyrowing from Star Fox Zero and takes to the top of the stage. From here, Slippy can fly left and right across the top, and drop up to three large bombs upon the stage. These bombs have a very large explosive radius, and deal massive damage, often instantly knocking-out opponents. Lasts fifteen seconds total, or until all three bombs are dropped.

Defenses

Shield: Slippy hunkers down with his hands over his eyes.

Sidestep Dodge: Slippy pivots on one foot off to the side, and waves his arms around as if he’s about to lose his balance.

Forward Roll: Slippy performs a somersault forward, and turns around once it’s over.

Backward Roll: Slippy performs a backwards somersault.

Extras

Entrance: Slippy flies in on his Arwing and jumps out. Rather than landing gracefully like Fox and Falco, he lands on his butt. He then stands up and rubs the pain away just before the fight begins.

Stance: Slippy stands facing forward, with his arms angled at his sides.

Idle Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy puts his hands on his belt and readjusts it.
  • Animation 2: Slippy puts his hands on his hat and repositions it.
Taunts
  • Up Taunt: Slippy covers his eyes, and then quickly move his hands in a peek-a-boo like motion as he says “Ha! Thought you could hide from me, eh?”
  • Side Taunt: Slippy tries to spin his blaster with one hand. As the blaster loops back around, it hits him in the face.
  • Down Taunt: Slippy puts his hand on the side of his headset and briefly leans forward before standing back up straight and says “Shield analysis complete!”
Victory Animations
  • Animation 1: Slippy jumps up and down while sticking his arms up and shouts “I won! Returning to base!”
  • Animation 2: Slippy performs his victory animation from Star Fox: Assault. He clicks his heels to the left, then the right, and performs a ‘sinking’ dance. After the freeze frame, Slippy will stick his arms out in front of him, move them side to side, and perform the ‘sinking’ dance again on repeat.
  • Animation 3: Slippy holds out his wrench towards the camera and says “Mess with the best, go down like the rest!”
Special Victory Dialogue
  • Victory vs. Fox: “This won’t get me kicked off the team, right?” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Fox: “You did fine, Slip” - Fox
  • Victory vs. Falco: “You’re all talk, bird-brain!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Falco: “Stick to the pond, frog-boy!” - Falco
  • Victory vs. Krystal: “That staff can’t beat my tech!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Krystal: “Hurts when Fox isn’t here to watch your back, huh?” - Krystal
  • Victory vs. Wolf: “Maybe next time you’ll think twice!” - Slippy
  • Defeat vs. Wolf: “I hate that frog…” - Wolf
Personally, I would love to see Slippy in Smash. The Star Fox roster feels incomplete without him, and he's got a ton of potential. He's my favorite character from the series as well.

Also I really love your moveset. It's very unique and does a fantastic job of representing Slippy's personality and abilities. Well done!

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
There has to be a Nintendo Direct in July for 3ds games right? WarioWare Gold drops the beginning of August and there’s been like no advertising

Maybe a character reveal then?
No advertising is an understatement. I didn't even know about it until last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom