• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GmailDotCom

Smash Cadet
NNID
GrewUp0nNintend0
Switch FC
SW 7914 1944 4102
Do you guys think that if Square Enix put Kingdom Hearts 3 on the switch Nintendo would put Sora in SSBU?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
the whole 'archer moveset' thing to me just screams one neutral special ala the Links and Pits or at best some projectile aerials or smash attacks like Megaman and Villager
There are characters in other fighting games that you could use as a point of comparison, like Hawkeye in MvC. There's no way they'd put Decidueye in without trying to do something interesting with his archery given that it's his central anatomical feature that he has prehensile wings that also turn into bows. Something else to note about what makes him a good choice is that it's not his only feature. He still has wings with leaf blades, ghost typing and those clawed, prehensile feet. You could make a character who's just an action archer and give them things to do, but he can do a lot more than that.
Personally I prefer Mimikyu and Lycanroc, but I think all three have very strong potential.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sakurai doesn't care about that stuff. He put Snake and Cloud in despite their recent games not coming out on Nintendo consoles.
What's more, Super Smash Bros Brawl, by proxy, teased SONY'S big killer app.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, after Ridley got revealed, I have zero idea who Sakurai can drop to make people lose their **** as much as Ridley did.

Unless it's someone that the community has wanted as far back as Ridley(Geno, maybe?), everyone honestly is going to pale in comparison.

We've wanted him for seventeen years.

Smash fans have been born and died in that time.

We were told he was 'too big'.

Now he's finally here.

:ultridley:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So, with Sakurai pouring most of his resources on making every veteran return for Smash Ultimate do you think this limits the number of potential 3rd party newcomers from unrepresented companies he could negotiate with like Level-5, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. Will he just stick to Konami, SEGA, Capcom, Square Enix, and Namco Bandai to add third party characters from those acquired companies to save time and money?
Sakurai just has a way with getting 3rd party characters into Smash. After Cloud and Ridley got in I've stopped completely doubting the chances other character may have to enter Smash, 3rd party or not. That said I hope he can talk to WayForward, as well as talk to Capcom, and Square Enix again if only so Shantae, Amaterasu, and hopefully Sora are playable even if they are DLC. Even before 3rd parties in Smash were a thing, I've wanted these three in Smash for so long. Now is their best chance yet to get in.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Honestly, after Ridley got revealed, I have zero idea who Sakurai can drop to make people lose their **** as much as Ridley did.

Unless it's someone that the community has wanted as far back as Ridley(Geno, maybe?), everyone honestly is going to pale in comparison.

Now he's finally here.

That is... unless Goku's revealed. :troll:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want a full battle remix of Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy that was featured in the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley.

Such good tracks used for only 40 seconds.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am going to try to do my Ultimate Character Analysis Topic soon. All the veterans confirmed, plus a lot of potential newcomers being de-confirmed, and the lack of free time I have nowadays has made me think I should not do an analysis for every series for the sake of having an analysis for every series, but rather only series that has a reasonable chance of gaining a newcomer, either through a true newcomer slot or an echo fighter.

These are are the series I was still thinking of doing:
Super Mario (Captain Toad, Geno Paper Mario)
Donkey Kong (K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong)
The Legend of Zelda (Impa)
Metroid (Dark Samus, Sylux)
Kirby (Bandanna Dee)
Pokemon (Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, 8th Gen Promotional Pokemon)
Fire Emblem (Chrom, Cellica, Three Houses Promotional Representative)
Wario (Ashley)
Kid Icarus (Medusa)
Animal Crossing (Isabelle, Tom Nook)
Xenoblade (Elma, Rex & Pyrra)
Splatoon (Octolings)
Newcomer Series (ARMS Represenative, Rhthym Heaven Represenative, Chibi Robo, Dillon, Isaac, Saki, Lip)
Retro (Balloon Fighter, Excite Biker, Mach Rider)
Third-Party (Simon Belmont, Rayman, Shadow, Ken, Jeanne)
I think Cranky Kong might be viable too (maybe the DK64 trio too, but I'm not holding my breath on those, so we'll see what happens).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sakurai just has a way with getting 3rd party characters into Smash. After Cloud and Ridley got in I've stopped completely doubting the chances other character may have to enter Smash, 3rd party or not. That said I hope he can talk to WayForward, as well as talk to Capcom, and Square Enix again if only so Shantae, Amaterasu, and hopefully Sora are playable even if they are DLC. Even before 3rd parties in Smash were a thing, I've wanted these three in Smash for so long. Now is their best chance yet to get in.
You know, I used to be completely against 3rd parties, but I actually really missed Snake. How things change with time. Now, the character who would hype me beyond reason is third party.

I would like there to be another poll or something for DLC though. I know I dodn't vote Dovahkiin since Skyrim was way too powerful for a Nintendo console, and then the Switch happened and every game has a port. I'd like to support some of the characters who we thought were 'impossible' just two years ago.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think additional 3rd parties (outside of say, Simon Belmont or someone else from another company already in on it) will be DLC. I have this image of Rayman getting a trailer after release that hypes us and gives everyone else false hope for Rayman Origins 3

Noipoi

Howdy!
Smashing to Bomb Rush Blush is literally a dream come true!
What songs do you guys wanna see in the game?
Personally, I want Ultra Necrozma's theme

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Now he's finally here.

K Rool and Goku would cause internet explosions for sure.

Otherwise, maaaaybe Waluigi cause recent memes.

And Geno has that potential as you mentioned.

I can't think of anyone else. Roster is perfect. I think it's up to Sakurai to put someone in the game now that I never thought I'd end up liking and that no one would have expected (WFT, Game and Watch...)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think additional 3rd parties (outside of say, Simon Belmont or someone else from another company already in on it) will be DLC. I have this image of Rayman getting a trailer after release that hypes us and gives everyone else false hope for Rayman Origins 3
Not gonna lie, I want more fakeout trailers like the Splatoon one. This seems like such an Ubisoft thing, too.

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Remix was ok tbh. Not sure if adding the voices was a good idea, but it's fine for now.

I want my Salmon Run music remix please.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
Question: Does the nondirectional airdodge have the same long endlag that the directional airdodge has?

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Now that we know one of the arrangers of Sonic music is working on the game, I fully expect to finally get those Sonic remixes.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope we get some Kirby remixes that aren't Green Greens.

Question: Does the nondirectional airdodge have the same long endlag that the directional airdodge has?
I think the nondirectional one has no lag, or at least much less than the directional one.

Remix was ok tbh. Not sure if adding the voices was a good idea.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wonder if we'll get Calamari Inkantation. The Squid Sisters apparently sing it in their assist trophy but I don't know if that means anything. I don't think there's any way they would not put it in though. I really wonder if we'll get any Splatoon 2 tracks. The content seems Splatoon 1 mostly but I don't think it'd be that hard to put in tracks from the 2nd game.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I think the nondirectional one has no lag, or at least much less than the directional one.
That's kind of concerning to me. People are just going to use the nondirectional airdodge to reset to neutral or recover easily, and I don't think I like that. I hope it changes before release.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That's kind of concerning to me. People are just going to use the nondirectional airdodge to reset to neutral or recover easily, and I don't think I like that.
Yeah, I didn't like that too, I thought we would only have the directional ones.

I think I saw the landing lag comparison in a video from some youtubers called Beefy Smash Dudes or something like that.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

Now he's finally here.

King K Rool, Impa, Decidueye and crash would make me lose it.

Btw anyone love the main theme? Not as great as brawl but still damn good

If there are 6 more newcomers for Smash, my prediction would be

1) King K Rool
2) Impa
3) Decidueye
4) Spring Man
5) Crash
6) Captain Toad

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Bomb Rush Blush's remix is good. I found it weird though, because I'm pretty sure they took chunks of the song and put it back together in random order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom