• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I like the pick of Bomb Rush Blush! Team Callie here too lol. I don't know a ton of songs from Splatoon 2, but Ebb and Flow is fantastic and I would love to Smash to that :)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Mark my words!
When Simon Belmont is revealed, Tumblr will turn it into a Yaoi symbol in the best RICARDO style.

Just imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mark my words!
When Simon Belmont is revealed, Tumblr will turn it into a Yaoi symbol in the best RICARDO style.

Just imagine.

I'd rather my keep my eyes closed, no offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't think I want to imagine that, no thanks friend.

When I get home from work, I'm gonna look through the Direct and the Smash Ultimate site and find out which fighters show up the least. My guess is the Mii Fighters.
My metaphorical money's on :ultwiifittrainer:.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For those who missed it.

I cannot help but feel a little disappointed with Sheik's new Final Smash. Like.... where did it come from? Why are there so many Final Smashes where characters just move left and right quickly as they punch or slash opponents? They couldn't be bothered to use something from Hyrule Warriors? Like that move with the harp?

If Scorpion gets in Smash and does that, I would be disappointed that his Final Smash is Brutality and not the Toasty! Fatality.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I cannot help but feel a little disappointed with Sheik's new Final Smash. Like.... where did it come from? Why are there so many Final Smashes where characters just move left and right quickly as they punch or slash opponents? They couldn't be bothered to use something from Hyrule Warriors? Like that move with the harp?
"I hate this mindless, repetitive hacking and slashing in place of engaging choreography. You know what this game could use? More Warriors influence."

I do agree with you though that it's pretty lame. The only good thing to say about it is that there are at least kicks mixed in with the slashes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

If Scorpion gets in Smash and does that, I would be disappointed that his Final Smash is Brutality and not the Toasty! Fatality.
Where did a giant flaming spiral come from in the Mario Bros. series?

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I would like to state how happy I am that Yoshi's Island (Brawl) is back - a beautiful stage and actually very nicely laid out. Reminds me of all the time 5 year old me spent on Yoshi's Island SNES.

In other news the Fox icon for Smash Ultimate mains is broken. ;n;

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's loosely inspired by Koopa Troopas getting inside their shells and spinning around... and Bowser is a fire-breathing turtle, of course they had to make it flashy.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I would like to state how happy I am that Yoshi's Island (Brawl) is back - a beautiful stage and actually very nicely laid out. Reminds me of all the time 5 year old me spent on Yoshi's Island SNES.
I'm really happy it's back as well, it's great visually and it's always been a nice legal stage.
What are you talking about, Fox doesn't have a icon because he got cut, the icon you have is for Captain Falkong and it's perfectly fine.

Troykv

Smash Master
That was over ten years ago. You do not need to apologize to me or on anyone's behalf. I am glad that you are looking forward to it. This topic has been a tradition I have been doing for over ten years, and this is most likely the final time I will be doing it.
The Brawl Speculations was long ago; I don't remember about these time, in fact, I think I don't even knew what was Fire Emblem and that time... I feel a bit lonely as this relatively new Micaiah; but I'm try to do my best to make her stand-out a bit more.

I just feel some kind of guilty because I would remind you of those days; and so it makes feel better to read you about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's loosely inspired by Koopa Troopas getting inside their shells and spinning around... and Bowser is a fire-breathing turtle, of course they had to make it flashy.
And the Ice Climber's summoning of the iceberg that probably made the Titanic sink?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This makes no sense.

Mario's Final Smash just takes his fireball ability and makes it epic, that's it.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Sorry to double ping you (just making a new post in case you already read the previous one and would thereby miss an edit).
You know what would actually be sick?
I'm going to lose 80% of the thread on this, not that I had them before, but bear with me:
What if Sheik's Final Smash was revealing herself to be Zelda (TP version from 4) and using a Light Arrow? While it would technically be more appropriate for an OoT Sheik, since TP Sheik is made up anyway, it's a reasonable extrapolation.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Final Smashes seem to be streamlined into flashy slash simulators for the sake of getting them over with. Quite sincerely I don't think Sakurai and the Smash team know what is their definitive design, after being a massive failure for "ultimate moves."

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

When those icons first came, I had a Fox icon for a little bit despite specifying Yoshi...

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
While Mario Finale isn't directly based on something it's comparable to Ultra Flame from Super Mario RPG.
And for Ice Climbers's Final smash you just have to make something up, just like the rest of their moveset.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Mario RPGs. SMRPG has a special move similar to the Mario Finale, and both are in turn just powered up representations of Fire Mario's ability.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For two games, Yoshi had a Final Smash people REALLY had to stretch to understand it's origins. Hopefully that will change...
A combination of winged Yoshi and ability to breathe fire under certain circumstances. Both date back to Super Mario World.

Wonder if we'll get a completely different Final Smash or just a more streamlined version of Super Dragon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For two games, Yoshi had a Final Smash people REALLY had to stretch to understand it's origins. Hopefully that will change...
Why was that a stretch? It came from Yoshi's debut game Super Mario World.

It's what you get when Yoshi eat red shells (fire breath) and blue shells (flying).

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A combination of winged Yoshi and ability to breathe fire under certain circumstances. Both date back to Super Mario World.

Wonder if we'll get a completely different Final Smash or just a more streamlined version of Super Dragon.
Not at the same time though. That's why it's a stretch.

I'd bet money on it being Mega Eggdozer from Yoshi's New Island

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not at the same time though. That's why it's a stretch.
Technically it's possible. But you have to have a blue Yoshi eat a red shell... or a red Yoshi eat a blue shell.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yoshi can fly AND spit out fireballs if he got hold of a Kamikaze Shell. That's pretty much where the Super Dragon Final Smash originated from.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I'm pretty happy they have redone the thematics for quite a few Final Smashes:

Fox finally has his team help him out AND uses the iconic vehicle, even if the landmaster was hilariously fun. It even comes equipped with an excellent voice line on activation so this Fox main is happy.
Ness and Lucas have their parties help them as well! I was stoked about this as a long-time mother fan.
Pit's Lightning Chariot is also pretty symbolic of his adventures in Uprising.

I'm pretty excited to see the ones that have yet to be revealed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know, I always felt like Mario's and Bowser's Final Smashes were mixed up.

Mario had that Mega Mushroom to make him superhuge and I remember Bowser being able to breath out multiple giant fireballs from the end of a hallway towards the begnning of it.

Nowadays, I don't particularly care anymore since all they are are flashy ways to clear the screen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Say Birdo has to get in the game.

But the time spent on her could be short and used for other characters.

Do you want:

• Echo Birdo based on Yoshi
• Semi-clone Birdo
• Full character Birdo

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yes... but if the blue Yoshi spits out the red shell, it will breathe fire. Any color Yoshi that eats a red shell will breathe fire.
No, the color Yoshi that eats a shell will gain the attributes of the color shell THEY are. Blue Yoshi only flies, but even if they could spit fireballs with the red shell, they still don't gain both abilities.

But as Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy stated, the Kamikaze Shell will give Yoshi all three abilities, so my bad. Although the stomp ability is missing from Super Dragon

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pit's Lightning Chariot is also pretty symbolic of his adventures in Uprising.
Speaking of... I miss Pit's old Final Smash from Brawl. I hope the Centurions are an Assist Trophy and they do the same thing.

1529463571243.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom