• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
If Super Mario RPG actually does get representation, is there any stage from the game you'd like to make an appearance. The Axem Ranger's ship seems pretty viable.
IF Sakurai goes the extra mile to make Geno playable, I can't see anything but Geno's Maze. That's arguably the most iconic place to the Japanese playerbase in SMRPG.

StormC

Smash Hero
Character representation will certainly be based mostly in 2016 and before. Items, ATs, stages, and trophies however can and has come from later eras. Those are things that can be added later in development than characters. All the Pokemon XY stuff in Smash 4 being a big example.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Super Mario RPG content I want:

Boshi, Mallow AT, Fores Maze stage, Boshi, Axem Rangers trophy, Boshi, some acknowledgement of Geno's existence, Boshi, Booster's Tower, Fat Yoshi, Boshi and Boshi...

There was also an Echo Fighter idea for Yoshi, but I can't seem to put my finger on it...

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Super Mario RPG content I want:

Boshi, Mallow AT, Fores Maze stage, Boshi, Axem Rangers trophy, Boshi, some acknowledgement of Geno's existence, Boshi, Booster's Tower, Fat Yoshi, Boshi and Boshi...

There was also an Echo Fighter idea for Yoshi, but I can't seem to put my finger on it...
Ooh you forgot Boshi, that's an important one.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I really hope that Tomoya getting aboard the remix trains means that :ultsonic: will finally get some more remixes.

Seriously Jun, I love your Angel Island remix, but :ultmegaman: outnumbered Sonic's remix counted tenfold in ONE GAME. I guess Sonic's lacking Japanese popularity might be a factor, but seriously, I wanna see some new composers give their take on some Sonic tunes.
But you have all that sweet 90s rock :p

Also, does no one else use joystick jumping exclusively?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really wanna figure out how to make Captain Toad work while also being extremely faithful to the fact that he canonically can't jump because of how heavy his backpack is.

Shroob

Sup?
Hands up though, let's be honest, how many of us actually even learned of Super Mario RPG due to that old Newgrounds vid Rawest Forest?

I played the hell out of Paper Mario back in the day, but I had never heard of Super Mario RPG before the internet started kicking into gear in the early 2000's.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hands up though, let's be honest, how many of us actually even learned of Super Mario RPG due to that old Newgrounds vid Rawest Forest?

I played the hell out of Paper Mario back in the day, but I had never heard of Super Mario RPG before the internet started kicking into gear in the early 2000's.
I remember being 5 years old watching my older sister play that game. It was many years later that I found out what it was called

StormC

Smash Hero

I played it when it was released. I was five years old.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This is just making me hopeful of Geno this game, but I'm not sure if Sakurai will be crazy enough to actually do it.:(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is just making me hopeful of Geno this game, but I'm not sure if Sakurai will be crazy enough to actually do it.:(
Why would he not? We got a costume before and we got :ultcloud:, I don't think getting the thumbs up from Square is that hard just for Geno. Not saying he's totally got a high chance, but it's not as unlikely as you may think.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I really wanna figure out how to make Captain Toad work while also being extremely faithful to the fact that he canonically can't jump because of how heavy his backpack is.
You know, u cant be 100% faithful. Inklings dont throw a punch but they do in smash

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys, can we just take a step back and acknowledge that a composer from the :ultsonic: SONIC SERIES :ultsonic: just straight up remixed Bomb Bomb Blush?!

GOD I LOVE SMASH SO DAMN MUCH.
This is the real reason Smash is the ultimate crossover. Not just all these gaming icons coming together, but the fact that composers who would otherwise never touch these songs in any official capacity now have the chance to take these songs and add their own special flair to them.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I haven't played a lot of Super Mario RPG so I don't have a connection with Geno like others do. He'd be a neat inclusion though, and it'd be a long time coming since Sakurai apparently wanted him in Brawl.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I actually discovered Mario RPG from a cousin.

I was an N64 era baby (Late N64, even) but visiting my cousin who had a Soop was the first exposure I had to it. I was really fascinated by it, but never got the chance to get to it proper until it came out on the Wii's VC.

Needless to say, as many of you here know... I'm a fan.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Honestly, after Ridley got revealed, I have zero idea who Sakurai can drop to make people lose their **** as much as Ridley did.

Unless it's someone that the community has wanted as far back as Ridley(Geno, maybe?), everyone honestly is going to pale in comparison.

We've wanted him for seventeen years.

Smash fans have been born and died in that time.

We were told he was 'too big'.

Now he's finally here.

:ultridley:
The only characters that would remotely come close in terms of first party characters would be Geno, K.Rool and Waluigi.

As for third party, I can only think of Crash and Spyro and Goku making the internet explode.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So how will everybody pick their main? Do you stick with your old one? Learn your favorite character? Play everybody until one sticks? Have you already picked who your main will be?

For me, I will play everybody and see what sticks. I'm sure my current mains will still at the top of my list, but we'll see. I dont care who I play, as long as they fit my style.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So how will everybody pick their main? Do you stick with your old one? Learn your favorite character? Play everybody until one sticks? Have you already picked who your main will be?

For me, I will play everybody and see what sticks. I'm sure my current mains will still at the top of my list, but we'll see. I dont care who I play, as long as they fit my style.
I thought I would be an Inkling main back in March.

Then when the reveal came, I thought I'd stay faithful and be a Bayonetta main.

But the more I see of the character, the more I feel like I want to be a Pokemon Trainer main.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Someone mentioned the Smash site may have had a glimpse at Final Destination, is that just one of the pictures from the Black Hole post?
2 from the Black hole post and there's another on Ice Climber's page.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So how will everybody pick their main? Do you stick with your old one? Learn your favorite character? Play everybody until one sticks? Have you already picked who your main will be?.
I'll have to relearn Snake, but I'm sticking with my boy Mac because I just love how he plays. Doc and Olimar will probably be my sidekicks again. :p

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

What a thoughtful and reasonable process of picking your main. Actually going through the list and seeing who clicks with you. Sounds nice...

I pick Yoshi because I am a slave to the green dinosaur!!! No other reason :yoshi:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Zelda's looking better and better so I'll likely stick with her. That said if one of my other most wanted characters (Dixie, Elma, Impa) get in those plans will probably change

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

I'm definitely going to stick with some of my classics like Marth, hope that Snake is as fun as I remember, and try out all the newcomers and see if any of them click. I'm really hoping Zelda is more fun outside very casual gameplay because I've loved her set ever since Melee but she's always been a bit trash. I'm praying that I can use her more dedicatedly and consistently now.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Not sure if I really knew much about Super Mario RPG before I joined the smash community, Where it's impossiple to not know about it because, Geno. being from Europe probably have a little bit to do with it (virtual console release was it's first Euuropean release).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did you seriously think the way you phrased that came off as anything but serious? :ultrob:
I honestly don't care whether people took it seriously or not. Granted an emote might have helped but the simple phrasing I felt made it a rather innocuous post reflecting a non-serious demeanour.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'll pick Cloud back up and give Ridley an honest go. Snake and Wolf will probably enter my rotation again as well.

No idea who I'll start with out of the original 8 though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The whole maining thing can get pretty tricky, especially when you compare what sticks in the end.
On one hand I have Dumb & Dumber with the worst recoveries :ultlittlemac::ultdoc: and then I have :ultolimar:. I don't even remember how I got to main Olimar, it just happened one day I swear.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

If :ultshulk: manages to claw his way out of D Tier then I am sticking to my guns with him. I'll always try to keep :ultmegaman: as a Secondary, too.
Definitely have a heavy interest in :ultzelda: and :ultpokemontrainer: after trying them both at E3, both are characters I NEVER thought I'd give the time of day otherwise.

And of course, if Geno gets added, all of them go in the toilet and he's my main no matter how good or bad. :bobomb:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Funnily enough, playstyle has never been a problem for me. I choose mains based on how much I enjoyed a character's source material, and then I adapt my playstyle to theirs, instead of the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom