• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
One thing I'd like to add to the cartoon vs realism discussion, the realistic characters that people point out (like the FE ones) are scraping the surface of their franchise's potential. If they add armored units and mounts like horses, pegasi, and wyverns, please try to tell me that "too realistic" franchises have less potential to look unique. It's just the ones we have in Smash are a bit more difficult to distinguish, that shouldn't mean that everything else that franchise has to offer would be samey.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Didn’t the Vergeben leaker specifically state square Enix and platinum games were working on a new title? If so, more evidence onto the pile. In other news, looks like the imgur leak is dead unless they announce kingdom hearts 3 port at Nintendo’s direct

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
The Jabaited Conference:

Square Exec:

"Please stay until the very end!"

"nah fam lol jk"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
One of the players at the KH3 premiere event, HMK, asked a Disney executive at the event. Here's the video he made about it. The gist is that it's okay so long as Disney, Normura, and Sakura/Nintendo all agree on it. The fans need to support him too, so if you like Sora, speak out for him.

Didn’t the Vergeben leaker specifically state square Enix and platinum games were working on a new title? If so, more evidence onto the pile. In other news, looks like the imgur leak is dead unless they announce kingdom hearts 3 port at Nintendo’s direct
Imgur leak was pretty much dead once the leaker retracted their E3 claims and said "muh source was bad."

Emily Rogers corroborating that info means little really.

All this being said, I think Sora has a good chance as a third party choice (likely as DLC), but I'm not holding out hopes for him.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
I watch it by myself first and if there's something amazing I go back and watch other people's reactions, and if they aren't as hype as I am about something I type an angry comment telling them it was a bad reaction. ;)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If they do that I may actually cry actual tears.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
I'm goin in a private stream with friends. Gonna be fun.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I don’t hate Falcondorf as much as I used to. Honestly, the best thing I’d like for him is a long-maned look. I think he could get a few animation changes (float instead of old-man run) and maybe add a projectile to the warlock punch like the equivalent move in HW, but I love his side special as is.

Also, before transformations get too buried, I know I’m one of the few people who do miss it. Pokémon Trainer was the one character who hyped me the most and it was mainlu because of the three-in-one mechanic. I loved Squirtle and I’d love him back.

What annoys me though is most arguments against transformations are focused on competitive viability or dealing with tiers, and as someone who plays ultra-casual single player almost exclusively, I don’t buy it. Sakurai did want to cater to competitives and casuals, and I can’t see how the entire metagame is completely ruined when - what, five out of over sixty? - movesets are transformations.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Does anyone have a picture of the Vergeben/imgur compilation? I’m pretty sure his source said square enix and platinum were working on an unannounced title, another confirmation

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What stages are we thinking we'll see tomorrow? We never talk about that.

I'm assuming New Donk City, BotW Great Plateau, and a Splatoon stage to name a few. Probably Battlefield as well.
Battlefeild and FD for sure. As for Series stages, one based around Oddyssey, 3D World, BoTW, USUM, and Kirby Super Star are rather likely.

I'll probably watch the Generic Nintendo stream.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’m probably going to watch the vanilla Nintendo stream (assuming I don’t sleep in and miss it, ahaha...)

My style of hype for stuff like this is “Sit there grinning for the rest of the presentation, then jog around excitedly for like an hour once it’s over.”

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I BELIEVE Vergeben leak stated that Platinum was working with CAPCOM on a new game.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Did imgr say a KH3 port for nintendo? Or are you just assuming no Sora without a KH3 port cause I think Sora in smash could definitely still happen even if KH3 isn't on a Nintendo console.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Ahahahahahahahaha no. Mario can be buffed with Doc’s properties, it would a waste not to make him an alt.
Not saying that his cut would guarantee a free slot but it would be for the better regardless.
nah it wouldn't guarantee another slot in the slightest, melee's 6 clones would've equaled 1 unique newcomer, and those guys are all significantly more different than doc, lucy, and pittoo

Last edited:

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
As planned, I watch all conferences through Etika, but tomorrow I'm watching the Direct on my TV. (for the full experience!)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I want Falcon Punch to actually kill lol.

It's just slighty stronger than Forward Smash, but like 2 times slower.

I remember when it killed at like 60%, now it doesn't even kill at 90% sometimes.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Definitely on my own. I personally don't get the whole watch it with a commentator always feels very forced, no offense to those who enjoy it though!

As for the Veregben Square×Platnium, I thought it was supposed to be Capcom, in which case Devil May Cry maybe???...idk that Vergeben source doesnt seem consistent.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Did imgr say a KH3 port for nintendo? Or are you just assuming no Sora without a KH3 port cause I think Sora in smash could definitely still happen even if KH3 isn't on a Nintendo console.
"Imgur Leak" was really just a list of characters that popped up, originally in an Imgur riddle (hence the title) then they decided to be less cryptic and just coughed up the names and that was the beginning middle and end of it. It lines up with Vergeben's story and said Snake would return before Vergeben got to hearing it and features characters that would fit in with the supposed production plan thingamajig (not too new, possibly culled from the ballot in the absence of choice between end of dev for Wii U/beginning of dev for Swtich, etc.), and that's really the beginning middle and end of why it's still part of the conversation. Really up in the air whether it's true or not but no additional details came with it. Just names.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
nah it wouldn't guarantee another slot in the slightest, melee's 6 clones would've equaled 1 unique newcomer, and those guys are all significantly more different than doc, lucy, and pittoo
Not even then. Sakurai noted that the 6 Melee clones weren't equal to a unique newcomer. That took far more development time than they did.

Which already shows why clones don't get changed up all that much, as any more would take way too much development time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, nice thread tag.

That's the SE showcase over and there was nothing FF7, Cloud in Smash or otherwise. Wonder if Ubisoft will have anything.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Here's a tweet I'm stoling for your convenience, by the user Geistbox, regarding the leaks.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
"Imgur Leak" was really just a list of characters that popped up, originally in an Imgur riddle (hence the title) then they decided to be less cryptic and just coughed up the names and that was the beginning middle and end of it. It lines up with Vergeben's story and said Snake would return before Vergeben got to hearing it and features characters that would fit in with the supposed production plan thingamajig (not too new, possibly culled from the ballot in the absence of choice between end of dev for Wii U/beginning of dev for Swtich, etc.), and that's really the beginning middle and end of why it's still part of the conversation. Really up in the air whether it's true or not but no additional details came with it. Just names.
thats what I thought so its up in the air until a character not shown on it is confirmed basically.

John Hohn

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be gone during the live stream, so I'll watch it back on Nintendo's twitch channel. No actual commentary, but the reactions from chat will be fun, and there'll be minimum spoilers seeing as it's on Twitch and not YouTube or some other website that would probably already be filled with reactions and spoilers in the thumbnail.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I just can't believe I'm going to see footage from the 2 games I've the most wanted in my entire life, a Smash sequel and Metroid Prime 4 ( I was 12 when i played Prime 3 and now I'm 23), that alone makes it the best E3 of all time for me, no matter what happens tomorow

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
I just can't believe I'm going to see footage from the 2 games I've the most wanted in my entire life, a Smash sequel and Metroid Prime 4 ( I was 12 when i played Prime 3 and now I'm 23), that alone makes it the best E3 of all time for me, no matter what happens tomorow
Wait, did something/someone guarantee Metroid Prime 4 footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom