• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I want Falcon Punch to actually kill lol.

It's just slighty stronger than Forward Smash, but like 2 times slower.

I remember when it killed at like 60%, now it doesn't even kill at 90% sometimes.
Same thing for the Knee of Justice. Like in some flat stages, it is possible to survive a Knee at 110% with proper DI in Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was thinking looking at the reveal from either Nintendo's Youtube channel or Smash site, but both are kinda slow, aren't they?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That would likely be DMC V yesterday then. Also just cause 4 was announced to nobody’s surprise.
pgames cap.png

Yep. Found 'er. It's Platinum and Capcom to some degree.

I'm probably gonna catch some slugs to the face for this one... but I KINDA remember Liam Robertson saying he'd heard something to that effect on one of his Patreon podcasts. Once again, it's just what he's heard, so don't go running wild and going "IT'S GOSPEL", y'know, it doesn't mean it's TRUE, but I'm saying... it's not the first I've heard of it.

The podcast in question went up on May 28th for Patreons. If you can listen to it, it starts at 22:30.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/off-record-8-e3-19091721

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
As planned, I watch all conferences through Etika, but tomorrow I'm watching the Direct on my TV. (for the full experience!)
Nice! Im thinking about streaming it on my 65 inch 4k rather than my monitor. Gonna test out other streams on it first to see if the tv version of the youtube app handles streams well.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
View attachment 147660

I'm probably gonna catch some slugs to the face for this one... but I KINDA remember Liam Robertson saying he'd heard something to that effect on one of his Patreon podcasts. Once again, it's just what he's heard, so don't go running wild and going "IT'S GOSPEL", y'know, it doesn't mean it's TRUE, but I'm saying... it's not the first I've heard of it.

The podcast in question went up on May 28th for Patreons. If you can listen to it, it starts at 22:30.

Has it been confirmed that Platinum are working on DMC5?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
View attachment 147660

Remind it has "may" in it so possibly working with capcom

But Liam said "that's isn't the only suprising collaboration platinum is doing"

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I just can't believe I'm going to see footage from the 2 games I've the most wanted in my entire life, a Smash sequel and Metroid Prime 4 ( I was 12 when i played Prime 3 and now I'm 23), that alone makes it the best E3 of all time for me, no matter what happens tomorow
Metroid Prime footage isn’t a guarantee like Smash is unfortunately.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else a little nervous for the direct? I am very excited and can't wait to see the games, but also a little nervous for anything weird. I mean I am really afraid of getting a new clone character or Minecraft Steve...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
An underrated feature of the new Smashboards is how when I click on a notification for "A New Post in [Thread]" it doesn't keep redirecting me to that exact post until the page fully finishes loading like the old site and I can start scrolling as soon as I get on the page

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Same thing for the Knee of Justice. Like in some flat stages, it is possible to survive a Knee at 110% with proper DI in Smash 4.
Eh what? The Knee is ridiculously strong in Smash 4, and reliably kills by 80ish in normal circumstances, while being able to kill under even 50% with rage. Falcon's competitive play largely revolves around getting combos into it for a reason.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Honestly, as convinced I am that this is a brand new Smash game, there is still a tiny little part of me that is terrified by the thought of of the stream starting and hearing the Smash 4 theme, followed by the title “Smash 4 Deluxe” or something stupid like that. But at this point it’s such an outlandish possibility that it doesn’t affect my hype at all though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Has it been confirmed that Platinum are working on DMC5?
Devil May Cry 5 is purely a Capcom affair. Platinum is not involved.
That's not the game vergeben claimed they are working together on

It's viewiful joe 3

If wrong he won't lose that many points because it's a "may" claim
And Liam just said platinum is doing another surprise collaboration on a game

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think I'm going to film my live reaction to Nintendo's E3 Presentation. I'm already planning on watching the thing with some of my friends. Needless to say, tomorrow can't come soon enough.
I realize how credible the Vergeban leak is getting, but a part of me is constantly telling myself that there is no way Ridley could be in Smash. It's too good to true.
But there's no real good reason to think this way, and that's both exciting and scary. Exciting because many fan favorites will be debuting/returning in Smash Switch, scary because the disappointment is going to be harder to swallow if it's fake.
UGGGGGHHHHHH......

D

Deleted member

Eh what? The Knee is ridiculously strong in Smash 4, and reliably kills by 80ish in normal circumstances, while being able to kill under even 50% with rage. Falcon's competitive play largely revolves around getting combos into it for a reason.
Ah, I guess you are correct.
I do recall the Knee killing at that percent, but I must of remembered the knee sending the opponent to the far side maybe that is why I thought that?

Oh and are you going to do a video of "Luigi wins against every level 9 cpu by absolutely doing nothing" again in Smash Bros. Switch? :p
I think I'm going to film my live reaction to Nintendo's E3 Presentation. I'm already planning on watching the thing with some of my friends. Needless to say, tomorrow can't come soon enough.
I realize how credible the Vergeban leak is getting, but a part of me is constantly telling myself that there is no way Ridley could be in Smash. It's too good to true.
But there's no real good reason to think this way, and that's both exciting and scary. Exciting because many fan favorites will be debuting/returning in Smash Switch, scary because the disappointment is going to be harder to swallow if it's fake.
UGGGGGHHHHHH......
I am shaking a little bit thinking of Nintendo's E3 already.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
UGGGGGHHHHHH......
Ladies and gentlemen, the magic of Nintendo hype.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
I actually asked for a Half day tomorrow, so I get to watch the stream from the comfort of my computer, then go to work after! :)

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I do recall the Knee killing at that percent, but I must of remembered the knee sending the opponent to the far side maybe that is why I thought that?

Oh and are you going to do a video of "Luigi wins against every level 9 cpu by absolutely doing nothing" again in Smash Bros. Switch? :p

I am shaking a little bit thinking of Nintendo's E3 already.
Shaking due to excitement or worry? Also, welcome back to the boards.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Nothing confirmed, but come on, after the hype of last year, at least a CGI trailer
Now I'm scared lol
(and we need MP4 trailer to announce Ridley in Smash of course)
I'm just worried we're going to end up with another BOTW situation.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
UGGGGGHHHHHH......
Same, with my friend we organised a Discord to watch it together and I'm gonna record myself, if there is Ridley I wanna see how bad I'll loose my mind

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Coast to coast on something as large as Battlefield with little rage it could be survivable that late, but then barely any horizontal knockback moves would be able to kill at that percent in that range.

Yeah I'm planning to get it done ASAP upon release, just gonna be quite the conundrum to try doing it while wanting to play the new game too...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm just wondering if there are going to be any decent places to watch the direct AT E3. Like, putting it on a monitor outside the con or something. I'd love to get some crowd hype.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
Thankfully I have nothing planned for tomorrow so I can fully enjoy the vanilla stream. I personally never liked commentator/youtuber streams since I can't hear whats going on through the screams of pure hype.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I am going to make one last bold move on my prediction roster:

You might be surprised who I added and who I took out.
I hope one day I meet someone who is as confident in me as BluePikmin11 is in Hanafuda Man <3

I secretly hope you’re right about him just so you can rub it in all of our faces :laugh:

Last edited:

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
You wanna know something really stupid but that I would really, really, REALLY want in Smash 5?

I want Sandbag to go back being considered a character by the game, so that it could be grabbed again. A lot of cool combos include one grab in them, it's a shame you can't practice while searching for an online foe.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A collab between Capcom and Platinum/Sega for Bayonetta x Dante would be interesting.

How would Nintendo handle it? Surely they'd want a piece of the pie if not the whole thing just because they seem that invested in Bayonetta's future and keeping her to themselves.

And then how would all the DmC fan boys and girls react to that?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll just wake up and watch it from Youtube. I don't need to watch it live.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I want Falcon Punch to actually kill lol.

It's just slighty stronger than Forward Smash, but like 2 times slower.

I remember when it killed at like 60%, now it doesn't even kill at 90% sometimes.
Isn't that what the Reverse Falcon Punch is for? Though I guess it doesn't help when the attack has atrocious BKB (a big fat goose egg in this case), and only 90 KBG.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Guys, no matter how you feel about the Vergeben leak, I strongly suggest going into the direct with the mindset that it could be fake. Why? Because if it turns out to be fake, you arent left completely disappointed by his promises not coming true. And if it is real? Awesome! You will be even more excited.

Anyways, this is just my suggestion, but I think adapting this mindset will help desalinate the boards a bit tomorrow (probably not by much though :estatic:).

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Guys, no matter how you feel about the Vergeben leak, I strongly suggest going into the direct with the mindset that it could be fake. Why? Because if it turns out to be fake, you arent left completely disappointed by his promises not coming true. And if it is real? Awesome! You will be even more excited.

Anyways, this is just my suggestion, but I think adapting this mindset will help desaltify the boards a bit tomorrow (probably not by much though :estatic:).
or if you don't like the vergeben leak go in with the mindset that it's real so when it is you aren't surprised

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I just had my last exam for this week (1 more to go!) so I've got nothing planned, I'm gonna wake up late, make some popcorn and just sit on my bed and watch it with headphones on, just me and this livestream

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have volunteering in the morning and work in the afternoon; mercifully, the Nintendo Direct falls right in between those two. (I could easily not go in for volunteering and have the whole morning off, but I enjoy it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom