• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Hohn

Smash Rookie
Guys, no matter how you feel about the Vergeben leak, I strongly suggest going into the direct with the mindset that it could be fake. Why? Because if it turns out to be fake, you arent left completely disappointed by his promises not coming true. And if it is real? Awesome! You will be even more excited.

Anyways, this is just my suggestion, but I think adapting this mindset will help desaltify the boards a bit tomorrow (probably not by much though :estatic:).
Good suggestion, T-Donor. I think the trap we all fall into is looking at leaks and getting too attached to them. If we keep our minds in "This leak is fake" mode, then you either feel good because you knew that it was fake and you weren't swept by any preconceptions, or you feel good because your expectations were totally blown away.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have genetics homework that's due on Saturday that I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get done before the Direct. That way I have all day to reward myself with Smash and other Nintendo games.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I only really care about the Ridley and Ice Climbers part of the leak. So even if it's fake I'm certain I'll be at least somewhat happy with Ice Climbers coming back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have volunteering in the morning and work in the afternoon; mercifully, the Nintendo Direct falls right in between those two. (I could easily not go in for volunteering and have the whole morning off, but I enjoy it)
I too have a volunteer period to start Tuesday, and it ends at around 12:00 PM. However, I am trying to see if I can depart a few minutes earlier than normal.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
I work 7-3:30, so I'm going to take my lunch just before it starts and watch the official stream on my phone, no interruptions.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
The direct starts right as my graduation rehearsal is supposed to end, so hopefully I don't end up missing too much

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I always have Tuesday off, but I traded my Wednesday shift for tonight so I had a full day after the Direct and Invitational to talk to all of you about it. I am very excited for the next few days.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Any of guys going to film your live reactions to Smash? I think I will.
I streamed my reactions to EA and Square (the others are middle of the night for me), gonna stream my nintendo reactions too, and upload it to yt. No facecam though.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, as convinced I am that this is a brand new Smash game, there is still a tiny little part of me that is terrified by the thought of of the stream starting and hearing the Smash 4 theme, followed by the title “Smash 4 Deluxe” or something stupid like that. But at this point it’s such an outlandish possibility that it doesn’t affect my hype at all though.
That is literally a nightmare...hearing the Smash 4 theme in the direct.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just had my last exam for this week (1 more to go!) so I've got nothing planned, I'm gonna wake up late, make some popcorn and just sit on my bed and watch it with headphones on, just me and this livestream
Popcorn is such a good idea. Stealing.

Have the whole day off and planning to do nothing but watch E3 coverage.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I have an exam right after the Direct :| will have to abruptly shift to academics mode lol
But hey, at least I have something to do (studying and revising) so time goes fast until the Direct

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm planning to get it done ASAP upon release, just gonna be quite the conundrum to try doing it while wanting to play the new game too...
Cool! I would watch it ( The Smash 4 one was gold ).
I have volunteering in the morning and work in the afternoon; mercifully, the Nintendo Direct falls right in between those two. (I could easily not go in for volunteering and have the whole morning off, but I enjoy it)
So when does E3 Nintendo content start? My school ends at 1:30 PM so... :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Coast to coast on something as large as Battlefield with little rage it could be survivable that late, but then barely any horizontal knockback moves would be able to kill at that percent in that range.

Yeah I'm planning to get it done ASAP upon release, just gonna be quite the conundrum to try doing it while wanting to play the new game too...
I always wonder how much footage, and how many games you have to play to get that to happen... must be a butt ton, I'd imagine

I want Falcon Punch to actually kill lol.

It's just slighty stronger than Forward Smash, but like 2 times slower.

I remember when it killed at like 60%, now it doesn't even kill at 90% sometimes.
Not even that. Falcon Punch is actually weaker than his fully charged forward smash now. I mean, really, why did they have to do Falcon like that?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll be coming home from a 12 hour shift just in time to binge watch all of the E3 footage until my next shift later that night.

There shall be no sleep for me if there's a chance my dude Ridley could get in Smash. :colorful:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thankfully I'm on my summer vacation. I'm gonna wake up early, get ready for the day, and then spend it watching the Nintendo Direct and E3 coverage. I might film my reactions to show to friends and stuff.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I have tomorrow off from work, my boss actually asked me to work some extra shifts last week and I was like "ok..can i have next tuesday off then?" and he said sure, so i'm happy that worked out.

What stages are we thinking we'll see tomorrow? We never talk about that.

I'm assuming New Donk City, BotW Great Plateau, and a Splatoon stage to name a few. Probably Battlefield as well.
New donk, something from BotW, Inkopolis, Dracula's castle, a metroid stage, and something for ice climbers

I have no originiality
:061:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering, in Smash 4, we had Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta as playable DLC, but we never got assist trophies for those guys. If any of these guys come back, what assist trophies would you want to come along for each character to represent their series?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Just got off work early because of rain, free all day tomorrow. Very hyped.
I'm really glad I still have a shift tonight to help speed along the time til the direct. I'd go crazy if I just had nothing to do from now til then, and it's hard to make myself want to do anything but sit here on Smashboards til the direct happens. Work is a welcome inconvenience for once lmao.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Just wondering, in Smash 4, we had Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta as playable DLC, but we never got assist trophies for those guys. If any of these guys come back, what assist trophies would you want to come along for each character to represent their series?
I'd love to see Rodin or Jeanne as Bayonetta assists, they could also go for one of the many demons in the series, alrune would be super cool, or even the lumen sage or Loki, honestly anything from Bayonetta would be amazing

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please yes. Mii Costumes too. I want to play as Sephiroth and Aerith. Same with Chun-Li and Vega(though Ken or Akuma would be chosen over Vega, heh). I don't know enough about Bayonetta to say more.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Someone asked how were gonna watch Nintendo tomorrow? My crew and I will live stream our reactions to twitch and archive the video probably with some Smash before/after.

Oh, and for ATs, I'd probably pick Blanka for Street Fighter and Barret for FF. Don't know enough about Bayonetta to decide an AT for her.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Just a small bit of news regarding the invitational.
Wow, that's incredible news. We're going to have hours of pro player footage :) For those of us who really care about gameplay mechanics, this is a dream come true.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Just a small bit of news regarding the invitational.
Structured around feedback?

Hope that means items aren't turned off. I was kinda hoping we'd be able to see some of the new Assist Trophies and Pokeball Pokémon here.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Structured around feedback?

Hope that means items aren't turned off. I was kinda hoping we'd be able to see some of the new Assist Trophies and Pokeball Pokémon here.
They still have all of the people they invited for exhibition games to consider. Perhaps the 8-man bracket will be 1v1 items off, but the exhibition games will show off everything else.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom