• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Plot twist: When E3 comes, during the Smash bros segment, the screen is blank for 30 seconds, then Sakurai comes onscreen, reveals the new game was a hoax, and then leaves. Cue the saltstorm.
"The game was stated to be released this year in 2018, but I decided to push it back to January 29, 2019. Never ask me for anything again." - Sakurai

D

Deleted member

Sakurai confirms that the only other newcomer is Sakurai himself.
And his final smash is making Ridley cry.
He will look like an anime character and have a sword.

and his Final Smash is a Landmaster.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
New Snake codec idea coming right at ya:

Mega Man:
Snake: Great, they let another young kid in here. Why do they think it's fine for us to beat up children? And what's with the blue get-up anyways?
Colonel: That's no ordinary child, Snake, that's Mega Man. He's a walking arsenal in the form of a child sized robot.
Snake: So he's a robot, and not just some ordinary human kid... What can he even do that makes him an "arsenal" aside from shoot lasers out of that cannon of his?
Colonel: Far more than you think. He uses the powers of various Robot Masters he's defeated in the past, including shooting mini tornadoes, flames, and bombs from both of his arms, as well as using other weapons like claws, swords, and blades.
Snake: Impressive... even a Metal Gear can't do all of that. Even with all of those weapons, he has to have some sort of weakness, though...
Colonel: I hope you still remember the basics of CQC, Snake, they'll be useful against Mega Man. Most of his weapons are long range, so the best way to take him down is by getting up close and personal with him.
Snake: Got it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ok guys the footage of steenee is still uploading but i managed to get the boxart from the leaker

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I agree, Sora really doesn't need Donald or Goofy, not even in his final smash.
The only problem is the small "mickey" symbol in the keyblade:

I know is still a very tiny detail, but is a Disney symbol, would that be a problem or no?
What I always thought would be cute is if they switch out the Mickey head with the Smash ball. Or just do the KH crown.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Hey guys! I just got back from my California trip, and I couldn't have gotten back at a better time! E3 has been looking great so far, and I can't waigt to see what we get to see of Smash tomorrow!

?????????????

Smash Master
When asked about this overpowered mechanic, Sakurai answers, "Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to."
"...Which is why Ganondorf will continue to copy Falcon Kick. Please understand."

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, I thought of an interesting challenge. I grabbed pictures of different Smash characters, tried to get them to the same size, and applied the same amount of blur to each one. How many of these can you guess, and which ones are the easiest? (This is not proving anything, just something interesting I thought about during a discussion earlier in the thread)
Blurs.png

D

Deleted member

"...Which is why Ganondorf will continue to copy Falcon Kick. Please understand."
....and Wario will NOT be using his Signature Shoulder Bash, Please Understand, have this boring Punch instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I am going to make one last bold move on my prediction roster:

You might be surprised who I added and who I took out.
-Dr Mario should be a costume, Geno is pretty unlikely.

-I’m not Sakurai but there’s NO way Animal Crossing is getting two newcomers let alone one, same for Xenoblade.

-Inklings JUST got in, I highly doubt they’ll pull a Fire Emblem and add a second character to a new seires unless it’s a clone.

-Iffy about Hanafuda, same with Chorus kids.

-Doubt Layton and Steve.

Other then those, it’s fine I guess.

?????????????

Smash Master
Okay, I'm just gonna provide a worst-case scenario to be mentally prepared.

Ridley is unplayable.

It was a lie.

Vergeben was mass trolling because they thought it was funny.

The Jump game prediction was a total fluke and they followed up on it by claiming Ridley came from the same source.

...Now I can wait in hopeful anticipation that Ridley will be playable without being disappointed if it doesn't happen.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ok guys the footage of steenee is still uploading but i managed to get the boxart from the leaker
UHMMM.. Dunno.. i think i already have seen that particular kirby render before. and i don't think it will have an E rating with bayonetta in. otherwise may be legit... but those 2 things make me think fake...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
....and Wario will NOT be using his Signature Shoulder Bash, Please Understand, have this boring Punch instead.
"Dark Pit needs to be his own character because he can't use the 3 Sacred Treasures for his Final Smash. Anyway, here's the 7 Koopalings as alts for Bowser Jr.!"

I'll never look past that.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So, I thought of an interesting challenge. I grabbed pictures of different Smash characters, tried to get them to the same size, and applied the same amount of blur to each one. How many of these can you guess, and which ones are the easiest? (This is not proving anything, just something interesting I thought about during a discussion earlier in the thread)
View attachment 147653
Child’s play

Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, Marth, Lucina? and Roy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 147653
:4mario::4yoshi::4bowser:
:4marth::4lucina:
Couldn't tell the last one. Charizard?

EDIT: I forgot how bright Roy's drawings for the first game. And yeah, feel free to laugh me.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm selling leaks 50$ per person. PM me that you want info and I'll give it to you. Just pay me through PayPal. Great deals on leaks, I'll even throw a free one for a buy 2 get 1 free.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 147653
Mario, Yoshi, Bowser?, Marth?, Lucina?, Roy.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I agree, Sora really doesn't need Donald or Goofy, not even in his final smash.
The only problem is the small "mickey" symbol in the keyblade:

I know is still a very tiny detail, but is a Disney symbol, would that be a problem or no?
Yeah it technically would since they are also going to have lisecnse the Mickey logo.

1 DAY LEFT. Yes! I hope Lycanroc, Issac, and Elma join the Smash roster this time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So my thing about Sora is if you remove Donald and Goofy.

What's the point?

Disney is half of why Kingdom Hearts is an icon of gaming and it'd be dishonest to even attempt to represent the series without touching that element.

Not to mention as I've said before the games are about friendship and while sure you could use Riku and Kairi I suppose. Donald and Goofy are Sora's faithful friends throughout his journey.

I don't know Sora without Donald and Goofy somewhere in his moveset just rings false to him and his series and not worth it to me.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm just gonna provide a worst-case scenario to be mentally prepared.

Ridley is unplayable.

It was a lie.

Vergeben was mass trolling because they thought it was funny.

The Jump game prediction was a total fluke and they followed up on it by claiming Ridley came from the same source.

...Now I can wait in hopeful anticipation that Ridley will be playable without being disappointed if it doesn't happen.
One of my fears is he does have an accurate source, but he added Ridley on his own (for some dumb reason).

However, looking back at the last several months this is very unlike him, he doesn't troll. Sketchy, not completely trustworthy and naive maybe, but definitely not a troll. So we just have to wait and see how good his sources were.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Do you guys think the presentation will start off outright with Smash Bros., or will there be an introduction from Reggie or someone else before heading into Smash? Either way, Smash is most definitely gonna be the first game to be shown off, it's the main focus of E3 this year for Nintendo.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Do you guys think the presentation will start off outright with Smash Bros., or will there be an introduction from Reggie or someone else before heading into Smash? Either way, Smash is most definitely gonna be the first game to be shown off, it's the main focus of E3 this year for Nintendo.
It will be the last thing to show I think.
The best for last.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I am going to make one last bold move on my prediction roster:

You might be surprised who I added and who I took out.
Everyone’s so willing to bring back all vets except Young Link, Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. YL and Pichu are at least clones, but why leave out unique movesets?

:squirtle::ivysaur::crying:

Kinda on the same idea: why is everyone so convinced transformations are 100% confirmed gone just since the 3ds couldn’t handle it, but the IC’s are in the same boat and are 100% returning? Or that Link is 100% confirmed getting a new moveset based on his new outfit when Ganondorf has yet to get his most iconic move?

Really, the only thing that’s 100% confirmed at this point is that Mario, Link, and the Inklings are in in some fashion, and based on Nintendo’s history I can’t even fully believe a 2018 release.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
-I’m not Sakurai but there’s NO way Animal Crossing is getting two newcomers let alone one, same for Xenoblade.
Both XCX and XC2 have done well on their systems. I'm sure Elma was pretty high up for most of development of Smash for Switch, since Xenoblade was one of the bigger series for the Wii U. Of course, then XC2 comes along and really blows it out of the water, and I'm sure Rex & Pyra became a top priority, if not in the base roster then for DLC, because it's a pretty big name for the Switch.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I really hope Bandana Dee is not an Assist Trophy.

If he is not in the game at all at least I can hope for DLC, but an AT would just kill his chances.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Yeah it's Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, Marth, Lucina, Roy. I feel like the reason I tend to like cartoony characters over anime is that they look better even at lower resolution. Mario's silhoutte is easier to see than Marth's. So I wanted to see if it was easier to see certain characters when blurred.

But I realized it wasn't really fair- I'd need to make sure every picture was the exact same size and resolution before comparing. So I just made it for fun.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Everyone’s so willing to bring back all vets except Young Link, Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. YL and Pichu are at least clones, but why leave out unique movesets?

:squirtle::ivysaur::crying:

Kinda on the same idea: why is everyone so convinced transformations are 100% confirmed gone just since the 3ds couldn’t handle it, but the IC’s are in the same boat and are 100% returning? Or that Link is 100% confirmed getting a new moveset based on his new outfit when Ganondorf has yet to get his most iconic move?

Really, the only thing that’s 100% confirmed at this point is that Mario, Link, and the Inklings are in in some fashion, and based on Nintendo’s history I can’t even fully believe a 2018 release.
I agree with the Link thing. But I think it's pretty universally acknowledged that getting rid of transformations was a step in the right direction. Sure, Sakurai goes back and forth a lot, but I can't see him wavering with this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom