• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

tbh I feel pessimism might be for the best concerning people's favourites. If you're pessimistic about a character you want getting in, it'll sting less than if you go "LOCK! ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT INCLUDE!". Also, if they DO somehow get in, it'll be even better
It's completely possible to hope for a character without getting irrationally upset that they're not in. You don't necessarily need to be pessimistic about them or their chances as long as you know how to handle defeat

Noipoi

Howdy!
tbh I feel pessimism might be for the best concerning people's favourites. If you're pessimistic about a character you want getting in, it'll sting less than if you go "LOCK! ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT INCLUDE!". Also, if they DO somehow get in, it'll be even better
True, but I can't stand to see friends lose all hope. Pessimism is one thing, but you gotta hold onto your hopes. That's all you have in the darkest moments.

I know this is all about a video game, but I apply this philosophy in all aspects of my life.

Is it over dramatic? Yes. But what can I say? I'm an over dramatic guy.

D

Deleted member

Hate you guys for giving me a small tinge of hope for Geno again been thinking about him all day
What are the arguements for geno being DLC?
Since the direct I’ve been thinking that hes either too irrelevant/obscure to get on or SE is preventing him from getting in.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The accent on the E was correct this time, right?
It was. The text is a little weird (see the 'A'), but since she's probably my most-wanted I'd quite like to find the model and shut it down more concretely before I get my hopes up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Always could be wrong, but Dragon Quest just seems like the next obvious series to add after Castlevania.
*cries in ninja gaiden*

Now that Chrom's in, does that increase or decrease her chances? Roy needs to be reunited with his mum.
Well okay
1. Chrom has nothing to do with it
2. She's already an Assist
3. We don't even know if she is his mom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It showed that he had a spirit for a Pikmin enemy (forget the name, maybe Foggy something?)
That would be way cooler tho
That was the fight to get that specific pikmin spirit, not to get Mario for your party
All the times it shows the menu for a character battle we don't see the exact spirit that they have just that they have one and it's usually pretty strong

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
True, but I can't stand to see friends lose all hope. Pessimism is one thing, but you gotta hold onto your hopes. That's all you have in the darkest moments.

I know this is all about a video game, but I apply this philosophy in all aspects of my life.

Is it over dramatic? Yes. But what can I say? I'm an over dramatic guy.
Well said my boy

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No. I shouldn't have to explain that Robin and Corrin are different from Marth. Ike also wields a completely different style of sword from Marth, and shares NONE of his moves aside from Counter. Roy, while he did start as a Marth clone and to this day still shares some moves with him, does not and cannot be played the same was as Marth due to his reverse tipper, and sense at least half of Roy's moves have been changed from Marth's, I'd argue that yes, he does have a unique moveset. The remaining characters having a unique moveset is inarguable.

Lucina and Chrom are the only Fire Emblem characters that are direct clones that share the same playstyle as another Fire Emblem character.
Oh come on man. Marth, Roy, Ike, Chrom and Lucina are not that uniquely different. Sure that has a heavy sword, the other have a fire sword, a fast sword, a mix of all those swords and that's a women. But that's not what I would call unique. Like how you can tell between Mario, Kirby or Marth for example. See what I'm trying to say here.
1. Meta Knight, he's one of my favorite characters in the Kirby series. He's basically Kirby's rival and has a great design, yet simple design.
2. I mention marketable because of iconic the Waddle Dees are and therefore, it makes sense why many of the Japanese plead for BWD. I'm not using marketable as a personal reason for wanting BWD being in the game anymore than a FE fan would use marketable to personally support there favorite character from the new game.
Well then seems I'm still at square one. Why then do you push for a 4th when you already got 3?
New kid's got some lip. Get him boys
Then I'll start with Geno and Paper Mario XD
Honestly my issue isn’t with the character but more so with the fans. I understand why you want the character in the game but do you really have to be so pushy about it? I mean there is a whole sub-form where you can rave about Bandana Waddle Dee all you would like to, but this isn’t the form to be criticizing people that might bring up opinions that you don’t like about your charcter. (Yes I am guilty of this as well). I think people, well at least myself is fed up with all the bwd should make it in and should definitely make it in posts being made so yeah that is why I am acting kinda hostile. But overall, good character that I personally think will make it in,but just please don’t be so pushy about why the character should be in.
Just trying to understand. No voting against or with.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What are the arguements for geno being DLC?
Since the direct I’ve been thinking that hes either too irrelevant/obscure to get on or SE is preventing him from getting in.
I mean the fact that he's a Spirit rules that out entirely. And for Smash we know he isn't too irrelevant or obscure, the dude got a Mii costume due to sheer fan demand.

The only real thing stopping him is, we can only assume, SE preventing him from being in. That's the biggest-and imo one of the only real-points against him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If that's how you feel, that's fine. Really, i'm not trying to force you to hope or anything.

But personally I find it better to hope, if you don't that's okay.
Nahh I just try to see things logically and put my hopes down at this point

It's not as unlikely as I phrase it really. It's definitely possible. But...with only 5 slots...idk Noi.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I can't find a picture of it but I did see Foursquare in the direct. And wow it looks incredible! It makes me wish that Itoi would sell the rights to the series to HAL and let them make a full HD 3D Remake of Earthbound with these graphics and assets.....one can dream.

D

Deleted member

Oh come on man. Marth, Roy, Ike, Chrom and Lucina are not that uniquely different. Sure that has a heavy sword, the other have a fire sword, a fast sword, a mix of all those swords and that's a women. But that's not what I would call unique. Like how you can tell between Mario, Kirby or Marth for example. See what I'm trying to say here.
Well then seems I'm still at square one. Why then do you push for a 4th when you already got 3?
Then I'll start with Geno and Paper Mario XD
Just trying to understand. No voting against or with.
I don’t think you’ve ever played Smash or read my post. I SPECIFICALLY SAID that Lucina and Chrom ARE clones.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
As I've said many times before, even after the evidence of Samus's Dark Samus alt color being removed, the Assist Trophy being missing, and the introduction of Echo Fighters, I still didn't consider Dark Samus to be confirmed. All that meant to me was her chances went from "not happening" to "might happen." Because the odds were just so stacked against her that there was always plenty of room to doubt, in spite of the circumstantial evidence.

It's especially worthy of note that for DLC characters, they have to be characters that will get people to shell out $5.99 to have them. They also have to be a package, complete with a stage and music.

D

Deleted member

Hope is a wonderful thing.

I always had it when i hoped to see Crash return to glory, alongside Spyro. Same with the Metroid franchise and Godzilla.

And after many years fighting against the internet trying to make me negative towards those wishes, seeing stuff like Crash becoming one of the biggest money-making ips for Activision in the same league as CoD, two Metroid games revealed the same day, the amount of Metroid content in Ultimate, the Reignited Trilogy and not just Shin Godzilla, but an anime trilogy about him... Just makes me glad that i didn’t lose hope at anytime.

Trust me, it may seem like the world is against your wishes... But with enough effort, you can make anything happen.

The fact that i got to hear this at last is also wonderful:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Spirit's don't CONFIRM anyone, but they sure as hell don't DECONFIRM anyone
Piranha Plant holds the key.
Find me a Piranha Plant spirit and it doesn't.

If there's no spirit of Piranha Plant, then hmmm that raises a few eyebrows.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*cries in ninja gaiden*

Well okay
I know all that (and I'm speaking hypothetically for Smash 6), but I just can't understand how on Earth Lyn keeps getting passed over.

The only real thing stopping him is, we can only assume, SE preventing him from being in. That's the biggest-and imo one of the only real-points against him.
Now this here, is a reason that can be figured out for a character not getting in.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
*cries in ninja gaiden*

Well okay
Ninja Gaiden is right after that for 80s series'. Ryu Hayabusa could easily be another one of the DLC characters too. Not who I'm betting on personally but certainly very possible. We have a Fatal Frame assist trophy which is another series by Koei Tecmo, so that could hint towards Ryu Hayabusa being DLC.

However, it's definitely not nearly as popular as it use to be. And Ninja Gaiden 3 sucked, So I think we're probably going to have to wait a little longer for that series to join in.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nahh I just try to see things logically and put my hopes down at this point

It's not as unlikely as I phrase it really. It's definitely possible. But...with only 5 slots...idk Noi.
That much is true, there's limited space and Square might not be up for it. It's looking a little dark for our puppet child.

I'm not exactly expecting him either, but I won't completely give up until I know it's the end.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

In my own opinion, I think we'll only get third parties as DLC.
Which is why I don't think it really matters for DLC. Thing is with Geno there's a very likely chance we'll know if he's DLC by the time the game drops due to TGA being the night Ultimate comes out, and the possibility the Squenix DLC is announced there.

But that's just me.

D

Deleted member

There's a Daisy, WFT, and K.rool Spirit and AFAIK none of them were cut from the roster :4pacman:

but for reel though Spirits are essentially the replacement for Trophies and there were Mewtwo and Lucas trophies at launch for Smash 4

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know all that (and I'm speaking hypothetically for Smash 6), but I just can't understand how on Earth Lyn keeps getting passed over.
Because the CHAD Hector gets in line first.

Has anyone claimed credit for the Grinch leak yet? I want to know what madman created the mother of all fakes.
A rando on 4chan claimed it. I think he posted the full clean version of the banner, too.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

But K. Rool, the Male Wii Fit Trainer, and Daisy are spirits... and spirits are the replacement of trophies. Notice how Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in Smash 4 before their DLC.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm gonna sound like one of those out-there Geno fangirls instead of the Educated Fella I try to be, but...

...perhaps the Geno Spirit was in base because they weren't 100% negotiations for him as a playable character would work out, so in case they didn't, they nabbed the rights to use him as a Spirit just in case.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Has anyone claimed credit for the Grinch leak yet? I want to know what madman created the mother of all fakes.
I'm pretty sure whoever is behind the Grinch leak is worrying about the legal fallout...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh, I almost forgot.

@Tougon, i'm so sorry Gothitelle wasn't revealed in the last direct. I know she meant the world to you, I barely know how you can find the strength to move on.

My deepest condolences.

D

Deleted member

Never give up.

That’s all that i will say. Be kind of realistic, but never stop wishing or dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom