• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I feel like I’ve never been more certain of a character getting in DLC than I am of Elma.

Sakurai LOVES Xenoblade. He already has Shulk in there and even said in the Direct that Rex would have been playable if XC2 released a little bit earlier during Ultimate’s development cycle. Elma seems almost sure to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It fixes **** Subspace does wrong but it's lack of platforming and unique enemies to fight while understandable, will be missed
Honestly, while the platforming was neat, it wasn’t really that good, especially considering the dull and repetitive environments.

My favorite parts of Subspace were the cutscenes and bosses, and World of Light has both of those. Plus, generic and mediocre platforming stages are replaced with probably over a hundred unique and interesting battles that won’t get stale, given the amount of characters, stages, and spirits.

D

Deleted member

I'm guessing that's a joke, right?
No. I shouldn't have to explain that Robin and Corrin are different from Marth. Ike also wields a completely different style of sword from Marth, and shares NONE of his moves aside from Counter. Roy, while he did start as a Marth clone and to this day still shares some moves with him, does not and cannot be played the same was as Marth due to his reverse tipper, and sense at least half of Roy's moves have been changed from Marth's, I'd argue that yes, he does have a unique moveset. The remaining characters having a unique moveset is inarguable.

Lucina and Chrom are the only Fire Emblem characters that are direct clones that share the same playstyle as another Fire Emblem character.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Bland areas, giving every character the same speed and the lack of proper character interactions, which the Spirits possessing the characters do a better job at. Also the missed potential of more enemies from the franchises in Smash
You forget the way it had to collect enemy and boss trophies.

That was a huge con.

D

Deleted member

Ok, here are my bets:

If both Banjo and Sora don’t get in Smash, i will complete with a 100% score Enter The Dragonfly, without glitches.

And if Crash joins, i will be allowed to make this thread completely about Crash for a weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
That's my point, he's the 4th. Ok, so may I ask this, if only Kirby was in Smash, who'd you personally want next in Smash form the Kirby series? Meta, DDD or BWD. Also, just poinitng, when you say marketable, you're again, stating the obvious to Sakurai. I'm very sure he's well aware. I'm looking for what you want not Sakurai.
1. Meta Knight, he's one of my favorite characters in the Kirby series. He's basically Kirby's rival and has a great design, yet simple design.
2. I mention marketable because of iconic the Waddle Dees are and therefore, it makes sense why many of the Japanese plead for BWD. I'm not using marketable as a personal reason for wanting BWD being in the game anymore than a FE fan would use marketable to personally support there favorite character from the new game.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Reminding that Galeem (the main antagonist of World of Light) will be the new Tabuu or Tabuu being reborn.
I'm just wondering how must be it's battle moveset.

Harder than Master Core and Tabuu together?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok, here are my bets:

If both Banjo and Sora don’t get in Smash, i will complete with a 100% score Enter The Dragonfly, without glitches.

And if Crash joins, i will be allowed to make this thread completely about Crash for a weekend.
"Enter The Dragonfly" and "without glitches" is pretty much an oxymoron.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You have no idea XD I'd say those are cool too, I didn't bother DLing Corrin though.
So I was asking myself, should I reply? Why did he quote a reply that wasn't directed to him? why the defense stance?.. then I looked at your profile. Ok dude, chill. I read the whole thing. Honestly I think you didn't, as I didn't take anything out of context.

That's my point, he's the 4th. Ok, so may I ask this, if only Kirby was in Smash, who'd you personally want next in Smash form the Kirby series? Meta, DDD or BWD. Also, just poinitng, when you say marketable, you're again, stating the obvious to Sakurai. I'm very sure he's well aware. I'm looking for what you want not Sakurai.
New kid's got some lip. Get him boys

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You forget the way it had to collect enemy and boss trophies.

That was a huge con.
I actually liked that for bosses. **** Meta Ridley though lol, time limit and the ****** drops the trophy into a pit.

ALSO GAMEXPLAIN JUST MADE ME REALIZED GALLEOM ****-BLOCKED US FROM METAL GEAR REX **** YOU GALLEOM IT'S NO LONGER COOL TO SEE YOU AGAIN

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It never crossed my mind until now, but this movie is just called "The Grinch." Even the Jim Carrey version used the full title.
First warning sign that Illumination messed it up.

It fixes **** Subspace does wrong but it's lack of platforming and unique enemies to fight while understandable, will be missed
But Galleom came back, though.

Besides, we don't have any idea how the mode itself will play out, just the Spirits system.

Although it really is telling of how Verg doesn't care about spoiling anything from that mode at all, and just wants to rile people up by revealing characters.

I refer to glitches that skip parts of the game.
Some days I wonder if Toys For Bob will end up tackling on that mess and rebuild it from the ground up.

Last edited:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
You have no idea XD I'd say those are cool too, I didn't bother DLing Corrin though.
So I was asking myself, should I reply? Why did he quote a reply that wasn't directed to him? why the defense stance?.. then I looked at your profile. Ok dude, chill. I read the whole thing. Honestly I think you didn't, as I didn't take anything out of context.

Honestly my issue isn’t with the character but more so with the fans. I understand why you want the character in the game but do you really have to be so pushy about it? I mean there is a whole sub-form where you can rave about Bandana Waddle Dee all you would like to, but this isn’t the form to be criticizing people that might bring up opinions that you don’t like about your charcter. (Yes I am guilty of this as well). I think people, well at least myself is fed up with all the bwd should make it in and should definitely make it in posts being made so yeah that is why I am acting kinda hostile. But overall, good character that I personally think will make it in,but just please don’t be so pushy about why the character should be in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No. I shouldn't have to explain that Robin and Corrin are different from Marth. Ike also wields a completely different style of sword from Marth, and shares NONE of his moves aside from Counter. Roy, while he did start as a Marth clone and to this day still shares some moves with him, does not and cannot be played the same was as Marth due to his reverse tipper, and sense at least half of Roy's moves have been changed from Marth's, I'd argue that yes, he does have a unique moveset. The remaining characters having a unique moveset is inarguable.

Lucina and Chrom are the only Fire Emblem characters that are direct clones that share the same playstyle as another Fire Emblem character.
NO YOU'RE WRONG THEY HAVE SWORDS IT MEANS THEY'RE THE SAME
ME NO LIKE WAIFU EMBLEM IT ANIME SO IT
BAD
wojak.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My favorite parts of Subspace were the cutscenes and bosses, and World of Light has both of those. Plus, generic and mediocre platforming stages are replaced with probably over a hundred unique and interesting battles that won’t get stale, given the amount of characters, stages, and spirits.
So, it's basically Cuphead now, but without the shmup segments?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First warning sign that Illumination messed it up.

But Galleom came back, though.

Besides, we don't have any idea how the mode itself will play out, just the Spirits system.

Although it really is telling of how Verg doesn't care about spoiling anything from that mode at all, and just wants to rile people up by revealing characters.

Some days I wonder if Toys For Bob will end up tackling on that mess and rebuild it from the ground up.
I meant a bunch of enemies, like what Smash Run ended up doing, not necessarily Smash original enemies, should have been more clear on that

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Man I’d love Travis as dlc. I think he could have an interesting moveset, he’s relevant, nintendo considered Travis strikes again important enough to show at the January switch conference, suda and Sakurai are friends. I feel like he’s got a chance.
Coming from a No More Heroes fan, I think his chances were better when we didn't know about dlc and I was hoping that dlc would be more like overwatch and just kind of endless over the course of years.

Instead, knowing it's a specific 5 character packaged deal, and possibly that's it (I don't want to start an arguement over that but for the time being we should only speculate on what we know about) I find it hard to imagine Travis Touchdown being one of the big 5 dlc characters they are trying to sell. I saw him much more as Suda begging Sakurai and Sakurai throwing him in. But I feel these 5 are going to be big marketable characters and Travis isn't really that....UNLESS they heavily tie him to Strikes Again. Then maybe he has a chance.

D

Deleted member

All the spirit battles seem to have such good attention to detail to make them as unique as possible. Gamexplain's vid showcased them very well

blackghost

Smash Champion

'i really cannot understand how someone would argue with this. its also why many people supported lyn. new style new weapon not likely to be a clone. we have 3 FE characters using the EXACT same weapon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Fairly fake-looking 4chan '''leak''' just sprung up that definitely didn't catch my eye only because it has a character I kind of really want. Anyone better at googling than I am able to find the original model?

leakyleak.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hate you guys for giving me a small tinge of hope for Geno again been thinking about him all day
I believe he can happen as dlc, even if Sora's in he can still happen.

I'm not giving hope, and I don't think you should either.

And y'know what? If i'm wrong on this i'll send you my address so you can drive/fly over and punch me in the face.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

And y'know what? If i'm wrong on this i'll send you my address so you can drive/fly over and punch me in the face.
It's just been so hard!!

I'm convinced Sora or a DQ rep are in. It hurts.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I'm excited for spirits mode to open me up to Nintendo stuff I didn't know about. Even just in the brief footage they showed I was like "whos that... oh whos THAT... okay who is that..." Especially since a lot of the way the spirit battles are designed with references and nods to the original series to explore it'll itch my crossover urge in a good way I think.

also i wanna see Duck Hunt as Boney lol.

D

Deleted member

I think that when you fight a character in World of Light they are powered by their own, personal spirit and then you get that spirit for use later on. They would all theoretically be very strong

For example, the Mario fight is against Mario with the Mario spirit (which would be his Smash Ultimate CSS render) and when you beat him you unlock Mario for your party and the Mario spirit

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

tbh I feel pessimism might be for the best concerning people's favourites. If you're pessimistic about a character you want getting in, it'll sting less than if you go "LOCK! ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT INCLUDE!". Also, if they DO somehow get in, it'll be even better

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's just been so hard!!

I'm convinced Sora or a DQ rep are in. It hurts.
I agree that his likeliness has been crippled a bit, but I never give up until the very end.
If you wanna save yourself from disappointment that's fine, but I really think we could get two square characters as dlc and one of them could be Geno.

It's not that implausible either. I dunno how business deals work but couldn't Sakurai just ask Square to throw in Geno with Sora/DQ/whoever? They're not using him.

All i'm saying, is that it's not over. When The Grinch leak dropped everyone thought Incineroar was dead, and now look where we are.

Now yes, fake leaks are different from official media, but it's not over until it's over. And if he isn't dlc i'll be right there with you in the rip Geno hole.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
tbh I feel pessimism might be for the best concerning people's favourites. If you're pessimistic about a character you want getting in, it'll sting less than if you go "LOCK! ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT INCLUDE!". Also, if they DO somehow get in, it'll be even better
Yes, you understand

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I think that when you fight a character in World of Light they are powered by their own, personal spirit and then you get that spirit for use later on. They would all theoretically be very strong

For example, the Mario fight is against Mario with the Mario spirit (which would be his Smash Ultimate CSS render) and when you beat him you unlock Mario for your party and the Mario spirit
It showed that he had a spirit for a Pikmin enemy (forget the name, maybe Foggy something?)
That would be way cooler tho

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Dragon Quest is coming to Smash guys. I feel so confident about this prediction.

Always could be wrong, but Dragon Quest just seems like the next obvious series to add after Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom