• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Fixed that for ya'
:4pacman:

The DQ rep isn't going to be slime, it's either going to be Erdrick or the Luminary. I'm personally holding out for Sora, or if not him, Crono.

Crono Trigger is still regarded as one of the best games ever, and what better way to commemorate that than with Crono in Smash.
I'm holding for either Sora or Erdrick, and now that I'm for Jade I have three Square characters to root for, and would be extremely happy with if they were to get in. I do think that the other two are somewhat likely over Jade though. If she doesn't get in, its because she probably wasn't requested enough, even though she would be awesome.

Chrono would be cool too, Square just has so many interesting characters that are practically perfect for Smash, it's why I'm so curious to know who they could've went with.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Incoming Metroid fanboy rage:

They used Dark Samus' artwork from Prime 2 even though her model is the Prime 3 design SAKURAI

oH COME ON YOU CAN'T JUST WAG THE CHAD SAMUS RETURNS SUIT IN OUR FACES LIKE THIS WHILE WE'RE STUCK WITH THE VIRGIN OTHER M SUIT AGAIN
Thank you for listening.
Wow, calm down, bud.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.
I'd say the star is Sylvando without question. Jade doesn't do much of anything in the story past the first hour of her introduction. Hell, after the reuniting of the party (happens in every JRPG, not really a spoiler), she's the only one to not get a narrative that adds to her own character or progression.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Just for funsies, but has your source said anything else about the game? Potential DLC and all that?

It's never too late to build a leaking rapport.
nope, they were just talking about the data yesterday and said:

"the only thing that stood out was playable master hand, though technically masterhand has been "playable" since melee lol, so it's probably just how he's classified in the IDs. "

I assumed it meant you could hack the game and use him not that it would end up happening in WoL

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd say the star is Sylvando without question. Jade doesn't do much of anything in the story passed the first hour of her introduction. Hell, past the reuniting of the party (happens in every JRPG, not really a spoiler), she's the only one to not get a narrative that adds to her own character or progression.
hell yeah, Sylvando is the greatest

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
how dare you put such cursed thoughts in my vicinity.
If you don't want to acknowledge the truth that's not my problem. ;)
That... is dutch. When did my country broke street date and where do i need to go to get it!!!!?!?!?!
Smash Bros. has 11 different language options. My guess is that someone took the Mexican nsp and changed the language.

Regardless, don't pirate the game. That's not cool man.

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

Smash Bros. has 11 different language options. My guess is that someone took the Mexican nsp and changed the language.

I mean if i walked into a store and i saw the game just standing there... no way i would pass it up.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd say the star is Sylvando without question. Jade doesn't do much of anything in the story passed the first hour of her introduction. Hell, past the reuniting of the party (happens in every JRPG, not really a spoiler), she's the only one to not get a narrative that adds to her own character or progression.
Yeah but she's hot and people eat that **** up.

If DQ8 released nowadays, you'll see people push for Jessica.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
nope, they were just talking about the data yesterday and said:

"the only thing that stood out was playable master hand, though technically masterhand has been "playable" since melee lol, so it's probably just how he's classified in the IDs. "

I assumed it meant you could hack the game and use him not that it would end up happening in WoL
I was going to say, this was datamined yesterday. Lots of people knew this already.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.
Jade does literally nothing once you get her, she’s basically a playable background character. Any other party member would be a better choice if it had to be a character from Dragon Quest 11.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean when the game breaks street date it's not piracy because you still paid it fair and square, just got it earlier

D

Deleted member

Uh, huh.

This is an interesting censor I didn't notice was done deliberately...
maybe that's why there isn't a Mythra spirit
wait can someone confirm if mythra is in or not i actually have no idea

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Uh, huh.

This is an interesting censor I didn't notice was done deliberately...
On that note, I just saw an image of Mythra on 4chan with covered up breasts and black leggings, but I don't know if it's what her Spirit actually looks like.
Thank you IS character designers.
Your taste is absolutely impeccable.

Good luck trying to cover THARJA up.
They did, used her portrait where she has a book held over her chest.

Checkmate son.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Yeah but she's hot and people eat that **** up.

If DQ8 released nowadays, you'll see people push for Jessica.
I played 8 when I was young, so I barely remember much, but wasn't Jessica a lot more reactive to the rest of the party in comparison to Jade?

To be clear, I like Jade, I just think she had a case of being given a whole lot of nothing. The most nothing I've seen given in a JRPG since Ann on P5, but she had the benefit of playing off the party well though. Jade gets 5 moments like that in the whole game.

D

Deleted member

On that note, I just saw an image of Mythra on 4chan with covered up breasts and black leggings, but I don't know if it's what her Spirit actually looks like.

Checkmate son.
source on the Mythra thing? (though it's probably fake lol Sakurai would rather leave a character out rather then change their design THAT much)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean if i walked into a store and i saw the game just standing there... no way i would pass it up.
Buying and getting an early copy is not piracy. Piracy is downloading the game and not having to pay anything for the game.
Thank you IS character designers.
Your taste is absolutely impeccable.

Good luck trying to cover THARJA up.
She doesn't use Official artwork. She literally uses her in-game artwork, which has her covering her chest with her book.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I'd say the star is Sylvando without question. Jade doesn't do much of anything in the story past the first hour of her introduction. Hell, after the reuniting of the party (happens in every JRPG, not really a spoiler), she's the only one to not get a narrative that adds to her own character or progression.
Am I the only one who dislikes everything about Sylvando? The game was all about Jade and short stuff for me. (Yeah, I'm not actually done with the game. I don't know if they just don't develop her anymore)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just in case that rumor of Cloud not being in World of Light is still around - I found a screenshot of proof that's false.

Holy ****. Thanks god! I know I'm late, but did we finally stop the SE antagonizing ****-fest now that it was proven BS?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Checkmate son.
DAMN. I'VE BEEN PLAYED.
marth mad.png

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
have we got a total number of cutscenes yet? Is it really just seven Or are those just the ones that leaked? And without getting to spoilety is there any kind of interaction between the characters at all?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom