• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Uh, huh.

This is an interesting censor I didn't notice was done deliberately...
CERO and ESRB both have been hellish on sexual content (even if, yknow, breasts, not inherently sexual, etc etc) so it was probably just a safety thing for them.

It's lame, but you can't really blame Nintendo for trying to cover their asses to achieve a certain rating. God I hope a certain subsection doesn't try and make a big deal out of this.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This is literally the worst thing ever.

We got FF3 and FF4 remakes, and THEN we skip to FF7?
Like come on Squeenix, I know everybody loves FF7, but there's a non-zero amount of people that like FF5 and 6 too.
I need to play as Bartz and Terra in HD.
While I agree with you that 5 and 6 deserve remakes, I REALLY didn't like those DS remakes of 3 and 4.
What if we got Gooey instead of Slime?
That wouldn't be a very good DQ rep then would it?

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Cleavage, which albeit was drawn for fanservice reasons, is something natural that occurs in everyday women's clothing.
A speedo is something that leaves very little to the imagination, and would indeed be inappropriate compared to this example.
If they censored someone like Nowi, who is blatantly sexualized for fanservice, then I wouldn't have a problem with your comparison. However, in this context, it is a complete non sequitur.
I am aware of that. I was merely asking because I was sensing double standards. That's all.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
just because you want it to be true doesn't mean it is

don't make me tag a mod and give you a warning for trolling :/
Bro. It was a joke. I was joking.

I thought the emojis were enough to give it away, but whatever. Guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
*Sony censor your game*
*Put tons of flash and light and remove content/Girls*

*Nintendo Censor your game*
*Improve the waifu*

????
Don't question it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Speaking of waifus....

Twintelle as DLC yes/no?

Yes I know she's a spirit but humor me here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We can't have Camilla having some boobs shown but we can have an official image of Fox staring down a very lightly dressed Krystal's butt.
Priorities
Animals in their natural habitat. You can't **** with nature.

Well, besides human breasts. Those don't count.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Bro. It was a joke. I was joking.

I thought the emojis were enough to give it away, but whatever. Guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
Oh nah I was trolling too, sorry you couldn't tell, I'm kind of dry LOL

Troykv

Smash Master
Ni tendo changed Mythra to a good design but leaves Prya in her ugly *** booty shorts
I mean; pretty much all the questionable parts of Pyra/Homura are mostly a issue if you see her from behind... which is impossible here xD.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I still can't tell what's going on with Pyra's oufit
Like, how does she put ANY of that on?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So... has there been any talk about how that whole "Cloud is not in story mode" rumor that this thread was all up in a tizzy about turned out to be completely false? Because it is:

IMG_20181125_200731320.jpg

From what I can tell, he appears to be in the World of Dark part.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So... has there been any talk about how that whole "Cloud is not in story mode" rumor that this thread was all up in a tizzy about turned out to be completely false? Because it is:

View attachment 179774

From what I can tell, he appears to be in the World of Dark part.
You're a bit late there, dude. But better late than never.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Nintendo changed Mythra to a good design but leaves Prya in her ugly *** booty shorts
Honestly **** Nintendo that **** looks GOOD. Why can't Pyra get changed either? Hell, Mythra's character leads me to believe she's the one who'd sooner wear Pyra's outfit
Pyra's fit really is trash idk why anyone approved it to begin with

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes.
We are aware Cloud is in World of Light.
Plese stop posting that mage.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yes.
We are aware Cloud is in World of Light.
Plese stop posting that mage.
I want it every page for that time people went ******** and jumped on conclusion.
Again.
For the bazillion time.
every smash game.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
All this censoring is CERO's fault, not Ninty, even Sakurai was exasperated at them.
Sakurai: Precisely. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U almost didn’t make its scheduled release date because of ratings issues. We had to revise Palutena and Wonder Pink’s models over and over again.

Interviewer: All because you might be able to see up their skirts? Seriously?

Sakurai: We had Palutena wearing shorts and made the inside of Wonder Pink’s skirt too dark to see anything. Nevertheless, CERO told us the designs were “sexually provocative.” They were being ridiculous and frankly quite juvenile.

Interviewer: Some players take great sport in finding that sort of suggestive material even where it doesn’t exist—they see what they want to see. In that sense, it seems like an exercise in futility for ratings boards to determine what is and isn’t “sexual.”

Sakurai: Underwear is just a piece of fabric. If you’re more worried about something trivial like whether you can see some cloth than whether a game includes firearms, you clearly ought to get your priorities in order.
-https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/

This is one of my favorite Sakurai quotes. Straight up burning them

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tbh I don't particularly mind the overly fanservicey outfits in Xenoblade (I have more important things to concern myself about) but like there's a certain point when an outfit transcends fanservice and just looks annoying lol

I'm not above the whole anime waifu thing like people try to high horse about but I just can't take Pyra seriously looool

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Huh, I actually like it, and I always feel iffy about censoring.
If only the guys who censored Xeno X did a good job like this instead of whatever that monstrosity was...
I'm sorry, what? X literally had 3 things altered in localization; the breast slider, the fundoshi and Lyn's baseoutfit. Meanwhile every other outfits is literally untouched.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
What about a major gaming icon?

Cause that's why Sakurai would like the idea, beyond a moveset itself. Nintendo choosing him because he has a Nintendo presence/to promote him is not hard to believe.

Remember, Sakurai absolutely has made it clear that having gaming icons is his main goal for 3rd parties. He can be convinced otherwise. Like how we got Bayonetta. She was not iconic when added, nowhere near the others. But something else got him to do it. Could it be Nintendo forcing his hand? Seeing cool combos? Who knows.

This is wrong too. He never said those guys were "first thoughts". What he said was these are just not options at all. "Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are. " Nowhere does this at all indicate they mattered.

"Sakurai: Exactly. And within the FF franchise, Cloud is without question the most popular choice. A number of people fixate on the fact his original game was never released on a Nintendo console, but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs)." Likewise with this. Again, not really saying they were important too. They were just notable enough to mention at best. Onion Knight is just a Dissidia/crossover character to represent all the classes. He's like Mr. Game & Watch, not a regular protagonist.

He never said "roots with Nintendo" either. That's poppycock. All he cared about was FF's gaming history in general. What he said is that if Cloud wasn't available, he'd have to just choose some Nintendo guys, then listed about 3 overall among some interviews. This is not an indication of anything other than they're recognizable names and that he does his research.

People need to stop acting like Cloud was anything more than a major gaming icon pick. He was the only real choice for Sakurai to begin with. He noted how the other two options were just bleh and unfeasible. Just that maybe ideas to use 'em could be fun. It's a basic developer thing to note that other characters are cool in their own right, yet still dismiss them.

That said, maybe you saw something I didn't. But the only interviews I saw only dispel the notion that it being on Nintendo mattered.
Another question...do you mean gaming icons as in relevant or in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom