• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No. Square Enix is the devil because *checks list* They didn't remake FFV or FFVI yet and we were promised 3DS remakes
This is literally the worst thing ever.

We got FF3 and FF4 remakes, and THEN we skip to FF7?
Like come on Squeenix, I know everybody loves FF7, but there's a non-zero amount of people that like FF5 and 6 too.
I need to play as Bartz and Terra in HD.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd totally ship Marth and Tharja.

Imagine Chrom and Lucina being descendants of... Tharja

caeda can go with her girlfriend anna... or adult tiki

#controversial
How can you go and do that to Caeda, man?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Am I the only one who dislikes everything about Sylvando? The game was all about Jade and short stuff for me. (Yeah, I'm not actually done with the game. I don't know if they just don't develop her anymore)
How far in are you?

Sylvando does a lot for a lot of people in the game. He grows a lot, learns a lot, and has an observable journey. He does more for the main cast than the protagonist in some cases. Jade is just there along for the ride unfortunately.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here it is.

Looks more like a 'shop after somebody saw censored Camilla.
wow that shop actually looks really dumb tbh

Not saying the boob window wasn't mildly dumb but the way they covered it was sooo awkward

and the leggings clash so hard with the rest of her aesthetic like the black clashes with the white and gold and all they needed to do was lengthen her skirt a little to make her a little more pg you know what I'm saying the skirt/tunic thing isn't bad on it's own it's actually a good look it's just waaaay too short lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is literally the worst thing ever.

We got FF3 and FF4 remakes, and THEN we skip to FF7?
Like come on Squeenix, I know everybody loves FF7, but there's a non-zero amount of people that like FF5 and 6 too.
I need to play as Bartz and Terra in HD.
Not sure which Bartz design I'd like more. The OG one would be cooler if the boots weren't green. Should be blue like his shirt.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Square will cease to not be the devil in this fanbase when:

-pulls out list-

1) There's more Final Fantasy content.
2) Sora is in.
3) Geno is in.
4) Crono is in.
5) Dragon Quest content is in the game.
6) They let Sakurai personally use whomever he pleases from their company basically. Composers, artists and all sorts of copyrights be damned.

Simple requests really.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys here is the deal you get to choose a you want Chracther in smash but when you do the chracther you hate the most would make it in would you take the deal

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How far in are you?

Sylvando does a lot for a lot of people in the game. He grows a lot, learns a lot, and has an observable journey. He does more for the main cast than the protagonist in some cases. Jade is just there along for the ride unfortunately.
please Sylv calls everyone sweetie, sweetheart, honey and darling and its too cute

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually really like that Mythra edit fwiw.
I'm sorry

but Anna and Caeda are my homies in Heroes

they deserve each other who's Jake
The worst part is Jake gets recruited by Caeda, who basically set the two of them up. BB don't be a home wrecker lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd like to see what censorship is necessary honestly.
Whenever they release the beach costume DLC, Japan will get Wario's TRUE outfit.

We will get a much tamer one.

Actually nevermind that's still unnecessary.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
*Sony censor your game*
*Put tons of flash and light and remove content/Girls*

*Nintendo Censor your game*
*Improve the waifu*

????

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Would it be unnecessary if it was a male FE character in a speedo?
Yes.
It would. Covering the chest of a FE character in a speedo would be unnecessary.

Note: You can still see her war panties. So...

EDIT: I saw your edit about double standards and honestly **** that assumption

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
How far in are you?

*snaps his fingers* The problem's gone, Darling.
What character growth do you get from that? He's done it multiple times and its aggravating.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not sure which Bartz design I'd like more. The OG one would be cooler if the boots weren't green. Should be blue like his shirt.
Maybe, but I certainly don't like the original art as as much as the sprite as I think it's a bit overdesigned and doesn't really fit the whole "wandering adventurer" aesthetic.
I particularly enjoy this interpretation of the classic sprite, especially with how green the original is.

The olive green is a good compromise between looking too bright and breaking from the established design I feel.

PF9

Smash Lord
February 13, 1999 is when Pokemon aired its first new episode on Kids WB.

I want to mark the 20th anniversary of that occasion with an all-Pokemon match, using only Pokeballs and Master Balls, on a Pokemon stage, with a loop of the original Pokemon theme playing on my computer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...so what about steve?
What about a major gaming icon?

Cause that's why Sakurai would like the idea, beyond a moveset itself. Nintendo choosing him because he has a Nintendo presence/to promote him is not hard to believe.

Remember, Sakurai absolutely has made it clear that having gaming icons is his main goal for 3rd parties. He can be convinced otherwise. Like how we got Bayonetta. She was not iconic when added, nowhere near the others. But something else got him to do it. Could it be Nintendo forcing his hand? Seeing cool combos? Who knows.
Imma need to dispel this.

Sakurai originally wanted to add an FF character because Final Fantasy was a big franchise that had was popular worldwide and had roots with Nintendo.

Cloud wasn’t even his first pick. He originally had Nintendo FF characters in mind, as he mentioned trying out Onion Knight, Cecil, and even Terra. But he ended up going with the obvious one Cloud because he was the most popular and most wanted FF character, and decided that against all adds, ask Nintendo to make a deal with SE to get Cloud into Smash.

This arguement in particular doesn’t hold a lot of water because Cloud wasn’t who Sakurai initially went with. It went from FF > Nintendo FF character > to then Cloud.
This is wrong too. He never said those guys were "first thoughts". What he said was these are just not options at all. "Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are. " Nowhere does this at all indicate they mattered.

"Sakurai: Exactly. And within the FF franchise, Cloud is without question the most popular choice. A number of people fixate on the fact his original game was never released on a Nintendo console, but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs)." Likewise with this. Again, not really saying they were important too. They were just notable enough to mention at best. Onion Knight is just a Dissidia/crossover character to represent all the classes. He's like Mr. Game & Watch, not a regular protagonist.

He never said "roots with Nintendo" either. That's poppycock. All he cared about was FF's gaming history in general. What he said is that if Cloud wasn't available, he'd have to just choose some Nintendo guys, then listed about 3 overall among some interviews. This is not an indication of anything other than they're recognizable names and that he does his research.

People need to stop acting like Cloud was anything more than a major gaming icon pick. He was the only real choice for Sakurai to begin with. He noted how the other two options were just bleh and unfeasible. Just that maybe ideas to use 'em could be fun. It's a basic developer thing to note that other characters are cool in their own right, yet still dismiss them.

That said, maybe you saw something I didn't. But the only interviews I saw only dispel the notion that it being on Nintendo mattered.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Would it be unnecessary if it was a male FE character in a speedo? Sort of sensing double standards.
Cleavage, which albeit was drawn for fanservice reasons, is something natural that occurs in everyday women's clothing.
A speedo is something that leaves very little to the imagination, and would indeed be inappropriate compared to this example.
If they censored someone like Nowi, who is blatantly sexualized for fanservice, then I wouldn't have a problem with your comparison. However, in this context, it is a complete non sequitur.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe, but I certainly don't like the original art as as much as the sprite as I think it's a bit overdesigned and doesn't really fit the whole "wandering adventurer" aesthetic.
I particularly enjoy this interpretation of the classic sprite, especially with how green the original is.

The olive green is a good compromise between looking too bright and breaking from the established design I feel.
That works better since he doesn't also have a red cape. And the Green on his belt is as pronounced as much as the green on his boots.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see what censorship is necessary honestly.
censorship is necessary when it needs to be there to keep the rating down which seems to be what they did to Mythra and this girl

That is actually the one used in the game: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EhnFjTRYSZe0tCQcOGkbtJ6oMileI8Mh

(I can't seem to link to the specific image, but all the spirit images were dumped in that dropbox link. They're in alphabetical order btw)
wtf its real lmaoo
it looks like a ****tily done photoshop tbh that kinda messes her aesthetic tbh all they had to do was lengthen her skirt

is it just me or do I not see her
it's called "hikari" instead of mythra in this

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom