• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You all were warned by the big red SPOILERS sign when you came in here what could happen in this room.
I just remembered Other M again.

Also, never play LEGO Star Wars 2 for Nintendo DS.

Go for the console version, but stay far away from the DS one.

It is worse than Sonic ‘06 and Bomberman Act Zero... And i’m not kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Gotta say though, whenever Simon gets a forward smash that kills the opponent it’s pretty hype.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think we need Kerrigan: Queen of Blades to represent the RTS genre and Diablo to represent the dungeon crawler genre. To represent all of gaming, I can't think of anyone who could beat them in their niches. Diablo 3 is even getting an Amiibo so we know Blizzard is talking with Nintendo already.
It's strange. Besides an Overwatch character, I'm not exactly invested in the idea of a non-Overwatch Blizzard character in Smash, despite playing both Warcraft 3 and Starcraft(both the original and Brood War). It's strange when I feel fine looking at characters from Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, Bayonetta, etc. I feel fine when looking at Samus and Ridley in Smash, yet it feels weird for me to think of a Starcraft character in Smash. I don't have any problem looking at Fire Emblem, Bayonetta and Castlevania, yet I feel weird at the thought of a Diablo or Warcraft character in Smash. The only Blizzard franchise I don't seem to be weirded out by is Overwatch.
I guess the main reason could be that I did not get invested in World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3(although I did not play any of the Diablo games) when they were pushing those out and I don't feel used to those series anymore, especially now that the characters in those franchises are based off their recent design rather than the designs I got used to. Whereas as someone who has been playing Overwatch for a long time now, I've actually gotten used to and attached to the characters. I guess investment in a series can really change your perspective.

D

Deleted member

Do we know how Rex's Spirit battle looks like?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I will stand by Slime being the Squeenix rep

He would grace this roster Embarrass

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Just in case that rumor of Cloud not being in World of Light is still around - I found a screenshot of proof that's false.

the more I think about it the worse Cloud's hair gets

how does he get it to be that spiky

what hairspray is he using

D

Deleted member

Wow, Mr L is a spirit and in the final plays on the background. Nice to see some Paper Mario love.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
if the slime gets in, we have failed as a civilization and deserve to be destroyed for our arrogance.
Fixed that for ya'
:4pacman:

The DQ rep isn't going to be slime, it's either going to be Erdrick or the Luminary. I'm personally holding out for Sora, or if not him, Crono.

Crono Trigger is still regarded as one of the best games ever, and what better way to commemorate that than with Crono in Smash.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Holy........crap.

PLAYABLE MASTER HAND?!
Obviously no one has any reason to believe this as I didnt post it anywhere buuuut my source told me about this yesterday.

Doesnt mean the microsoft source is true at all of course but I figured I'd say that MY source called this haha

D

Deleted member

>trailer starts
>we see Galactic Nova dying

How would you react if a new character trailer started like this?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It’s impossible to roast scale tippers (also the video no living)

not being playable is probably why she has so much content in the game (background character in both voice and body, Mii Costume, Spirit, Stage based on her,

too late for that
If they're gonna go through all that, why not just make her playable?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So far the boss fights don't seem to be as fanservice-y as we originally thought...
I'm happy Ganon is at least a boss though over being only a split second final smash for Ganondorf again, still would have liked for him to be playable though but I guess I can let that slide until next Smash for now.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Obviously no one has any reason to believe this as I didnt post it anywhere buuuut my source told me about this yesterday.

Doesnt mean the microsoft source is true at all of course but I figured I'd say that MY source called this haha
Just for funsies, but has your source said anything else about the game? Potential DLC and all that?

It's never too late to build a leaking rapport.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Fixed that for ya'

The DQ rep isn't going to be slime, it's either going to be Erdrick or the Luminary. I'm personally holding out for Sora, or if not him, Crono.

Crono Trigger is still regarded as one of the best games ever, and what better way to commemorate that than with Crono in Smash.
There's no need to fix what isn't broken ;)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Incoming Metroid fanboy rage:

They used Dark Samus' artwork from Prime 2 even though her model is the Prime 3 design SAKURAI

oH COME ON YOU CAN'T JUST WAG THE CHAD SAMUS RETURNS SUIT IN OUR FACES LIKE THIS WHILE WE'RE STUCK WITH THE VIRGIN OTHER M SUIT AGAIN
Thank you for listening.

Polan

Smash Lord
Fixed that for ya'

how dare you put such cursed thoughts in my vicinity.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Is steve still in?

D

Deleted member

Incoming Metroid fanboy rage:

They used Dark Samus' artwork from Prime 2 even though her model is the Prime 3 design SAKURAI

oH COME ON YOU CAN'T JUST WAG THE CHAD SAMUS RETURNS SUIT IN OUR FACES LIKE THIS WHILE WE'RE STUCK WITH THE VIRGIN OTHER M SUIT AGAIN
Thank you for listening.
I agree that i would have prefered those suits.
But the fact that Sakurai remembered they exist is good already.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
It saddens me that people are downloading smash ulitmate rom for free after all of the hard work sakurai did if you downloaded a smash ulitmate rom for free you sicken me as a person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom