• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
uhh why not the protagonist from 11? that game is coming to the switch after all. seems like the perfect promotional character.
Because he's not as popular as Eight and not as historically significant as Erdrick.
Similarly, we didn't exactly get Lightning or Noctis as our Final Fantasy character.

Polan

Smash Lord
I guess because it would be like the equivalent of adding Noctis instead of Cloud, remember that Sakurai is the man who laughed off any Tales rep besides Lloyd, he seems to really value iconism.
yeah but nintendo are the ones doing the picking this time around. the dq11 hero makes more sense if they want push that game's switch release.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Aside from Viridi, i actually like your ideas.
Thanks. I know a lot of people think she's kind of annoying, and I get that, but I just think she's cute, and I like her design, and that's why I want her in

Roberk

Smash Champion
I can't imagine them giving Metal Face a health bar and having him as Shulk's Classic Mode boss being too hard, oh well...

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I thought of it as to drive sales to be honest. I didn't take into consideration they'd consider a sequel, that's good too.
The thing with KH and TR is that they're so Sony I don't see Nintendo accepting that. TR is a life long Sony and KH just barely scrpped Nintendo but it's mainly Sony. Plus, I don't know, but I very much doubt KHIII would play on a Switch. It can, but no way as good, and I don't think Square (or Disney) would like or allow that. I mean it's a flagship, deck has to be super polished, not a jaggedy staircase. Also, didn't Sony sign up some kind of exclusivity for KH. That would put it miles away before a port. So, the only option I see is DQ. Slime does work well, but Neku works better (to me at least). Again, drives slow sales for a needy title, better than a title that doesn't need an introduction.
Actually no both Kh and TR are no longer Sony exclusives. Shadow of The Tomb Raider is on PS4 and Xbox One. As for KH3 being on Switch Nomura already said he would be open to the idea of KH3 being on the Switch after the game is completed for PS4 and XboxOne. Also I never thought FF15 would be on the Switch and then we got FF15 pocket edition. Granted that game is nowhere near being as great as FF15, but its something. So its possible KH3 will come to the Switch just not be as great graphic wise as it is on other consoles. And no Sony has not signed an exclusivity for KH games. KH games are notorious for having you buy many consoles to catch up on the entire story. I don't see them changing this, as annoying as it is.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/0...ible-after-xbox-one-ps4-versions-are-released

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
yeah but nintendo are the ones doing the picking this time around. the dq11 hero makes more sense if they want push that game's switch release.
Yeah, but the DQ11 protag is just...boring, at least to me, and that's coming from someone who's played DQ11. Most characters in this game have a lot of character and personality and expression, but the DQ11 protag is just a blank slate

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I appreciate Simon's presence in the game as icon of gaming, but man he's kind of boring to watch fight for me.
He's far more interesting than watching Megaman at least.
Jesus, they gave him the most useless robot masters to use in a game like Smash.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
1) Sora has had half of his series on Nintendo consoles, if not more, not counting re-releases/remakes..more then Cloud..and Sakurai doesn't care that much about 'allegiance' nor would Nintendo, especially if Square-Enix might have plans to port the HD Remasters or KHIII to Switch.
2) TWEWY doesn't really need more promotion, I kind of doubt Square-Enix has any plans for a sequel and they'd likely probably promote the newest Dragon Quest or Kingdom Hearts titles over an older game's port+.
3) Plenty of people would be upset if a less popular Square-Enix character got in over a more popular one..and I saw this as someone that LOVES TWEWY..and I'd love its music in the game
1) Half or more!? well count them.. it's third or less. How can you be sure he doesn't? even so, it's not his call but Nintendo's. KHIII on Switch, I'd like to see that happening. I don't think it's possible any time soon.
2) Does KH or DQ really need an introduction after all these years? isn't it better to drive sales of a slow sales game instead, that's already on the system and exclusive to it?
3) Whom are those people, and who is more popular? Sora lives in Sonyville. I'm not a TWEWY fan and I'd love to have Neku over Sora or Slime.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do we have a list of Spirit Battles so far? Curious as to which characters are used for each Spirit.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thanks. I know a lot of people think she's kind of annoying, and I get that, but I just think she's cute, and I like her design, and that's why I want her in
StarFire Viridi can do/say/kill/marry/**** whatever she wants, while new Viridi is on the hitlist of nearly everyone here due to those new guidances...she might never get in Smash due to that

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
StarFire Viridi can do/say/kill/marry/**** whatever she wants, while new Viridi is on the hitlist of nearly everyone here due to those new guidances...she might never get in Smash due to that
Sad day. I just thought she's at least decently likely because of how much representation she has in Smash already

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.
Yeah, from what I understand, she's definitely the most popular, at least that's what I read in an article a few months ago

D

Deleted member

uhh why not the protagonist from 11? that game is coming to the switch after all. seems like the perfect promotional character.
Hey that can work I can see this happening

At least it’s not another fe character and we all know how much sakurai loves fire emblem.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Looks like another stream/YouTube series of clips got taken down. Wew lad.

Where will I get my fix of Smash footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom