• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.
Hey, I would not be mad at that, at all. If we do get someone from DQ11 now I’m really hoping for it to be Jade, because Jade is amazing! Screw Erdrick and Sora, give me a powerful female third party character in Smash, like Bayonetta. C’mon Jade!

How did you people convince me to root for Jade now more than Erdrick?! God, damn it, now I actually want this, I can't believe I didn't think of her as a possibility before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It means "White people are superior when compared to nonwhite people". AKA racism. I recommend you delete that as the mods likely won't be ******** and let that slide
I will see if i can delete it.

Edit: i couldn’t find a delete buttom, so i just took the picture off the post and changed it to ask for a deletion of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The issue with classic Simon is that he's just ****ing Conan the Barbarian. Like they didn't even try to make him different.

While I'm not as big a fan of Chronicles Simon as compared to classic Simon at least he fits in with the rest of the Castlevania artstyle and the Belmont lineage.

Polan

Smash Lord
The DQ11 icon is Jade, hands down. If she can convince people to buy her game, then she'll have no issues getting them to buy DLC and an Amiibo.
protags always get top priority in smash tho. it could happen but if we get a DQ rep, it's either one of the heroes or the slime.
Speaking of Chronicles Simon Belmont, i found this picture.

this picture is peak "this ain't it fam"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Robin's Palutena Guidance
It's, uh, far more plain without Chrom.
Incineroar's Palutena Guidance
Confirmed, kill stealing and edge guarding are cheap.
It’s impossible to roast scale tippers (also the video no living)
Sad day. I just thought she's at least decently likely because of how much representation she has in Smash already
not being playable is probably why she has so much content in the game (background character in both voice and body, Mii Costume, Spirit, Stage based on her,
I HATE IT thanks. I mean, they SHOULD does Robin's better.
too late for that

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Imma need to dispel this.

Sakurai originally wanted to add an FF character because Final Fantasy was a big franchise that had was popular worldwide and had roots with Nintendo.

Cloud wasn’t even his first pick. He originally had Nintendo FF characters in mind, as he mentioned trying out Onion Knight, Cecil, and even Terra. But he ended up going with the obvious one Cloud because he was the most popular and most wanted FF character, and decided that against all adds, ask Nintendo to make a deal with SE to get Cloud into Smash.

This arguement in particular doesn’t hold a lot of water because Cloud wasn’t who Sakurai initially went with. It went from FF > Nintendo FF character > to then Cloud.
False. Here's Sakurai's quote from the interview:
Exactly. And within the FF franchise, Cloud is without question the most popular choice. A number of people fixate on the fact his original game was never released on a Nintendo console, but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs).

(Everyone laughs)

Sakurai: At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.
Cloud was chosen OVER those characters, not after.

D

Deleted member

Magical vacation huh? That’s a pretty deep cut for spirits. I like how they’re just checked called ‘Magical Vacation protagonists’ too.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I think we need Kerrigan: Queen of Blades to represent the RTS genre and Diablo to represent the dungeon crawler genre. To represent all of gaming, I can't think of anyone who could beat them in their niches. Diablo 3 is even getting an Amiibo so we know Blizzard is talking with Nintendo already.

D

Deleted member

The issue with classic Simon is that he's just ****ing Conan the Barbarian. Like they didn't even try to make him different.

While I'm not as big a fan of Chronicles Simon as compared to classic Simon at least he fits in with the rest of the Castlevania artstyle and the Belmont lineage.
I personally like the Chronicles design too.
Not sure why people hate it, i suppose that it is for something related to nostalgia.

In fact, i prefer Simon in Chronicles over Bomberman in Act Zero or Banjo in Nuts & Bolts.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Actually no both Kh and TR are no longer Sony exclusives. Shadow of The Tomb Raider is on PS4 and Xbox One. As for KH3 being on Switch Nomura already said he would be open to the idea of KH3 being on the Switch after the game is completed for PS4 and XboxOne. Also I never thought FF15 would be on the Switch and then we got FF15 pocket edition. Granted that game is nowhere near being as great as FF15, but its something. So its possible KH3 will come to the Switch just not be as great graphic wise as it is on other consoles. And no Sony has not signed an exclusivity for KH games. KH games are notorious for having you buy many consoles to catch up on the entire story. I don't see them changing this, as annoying as it is.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/0...ible-after-xbox-one-ps4-versions-are-released

Sony or Xbox, can the Switch run the game.. as intended. Not yet I think. If ever, isn't it better to promote the game they're actually developing and is on the way (DQ11) rather than a game that might. Might be ported, might be pocketed or might be cancelled. Also, how many Swicth owners do own PS4 or Xbox? not little for sure. Those most probably ain't buying the gamne a second time for lesser graphics and a game that'll be done by most then. Well maybe if they went for another story on Switch then, who knows. All I know is that Neku signs a cooler deal to me :)

D

Deleted member

I think we need Kerrigan: Queen of Blades to represent the RTS genre and Diablo to represent the dungeon crawler genre. To represent all of gaming, I can't think of anyone who could beat them in their niches. Diablo 3 is even getting an Amiibo so we know Blizzard is talking with Nintendo already.
You know what? I see Diablo stuff getting in Ultimate as a likely thing.

Diablo has a lot of stuff on Switch even including a bundle, so it wouldn’t be so weird.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'm here... I think Arle is probably the likeliest new series Sega character, by a country mile and a half... but aside from that, who else should I look out for?

Trying to lay low here since I'm running out of words.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys, any thoughts on people acting like an leak is real or fake without reason?
The Smash fanbase specializes in this.

Fans are desperate to latch onto any hope their character has of making it in. Take a look at the Tower of Smash "leak" and Grinch hoax, both of which were believed regardless of any flaws mainly because of the characters they purported were in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, any thoughts on people acting like an leak is real or fake without reason?
Meh.

I usually consider any possibility presented, which has helped me a lot in the past (when the Grinch thing was strong, i was still considering Kencineroar as something possible, which didn’t make me dissapointed in the end).

In general, someone needs to have an open mind to any option presented on the table, without getting completely attached to one.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Despite literally everything, I still have a gut feeling Steve/Minecraft dlc will still happen. Assuming verge is right with the Minecraft boss (which I doubt), this is my prediction.
Fighter- Steve
Stage- Minecraft (with ender dragon boss)
A ton of songs and some spirits
Maybe a bonus fighter (Banjo?)
Screenshot this just in case I'm somehow right

LetterO

Smash Lord
It's been Waluigi and Ashley all over again now, but with the entire community. People are shaping the Smash community to be bad and disrespectful because people got the game early, datamined it, and shared the ROM.

Here's the hard facts. That is not the majority of the community, nor is it even close to half of the community. I'm tired of people saying "we don't deserve smash" or anything else stupid like that when it's clearly just one group of people doing it that isn't close to representing the entire community.

D

Deleted member

Despite literally everything, I still have a gut feeling Steve/Minecraft dlc will still happen. Assuming verge is right with the Minecraft boss (which I doubt), this is my prediction.
Fighter- Steve
Stage- Minecraft (with ender dragon boss)
A ton of songs and some spirits
Maybe a bonus fighter (Banjo?)
Screenshot this just in case I'm somehow right
I hope that the Minecraft stage works similar to Mario Maker in some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom