• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Either I'm a complete degenerate who's spent way too much time absorbing Japanese media... or ya'll are a buncha normies lol

Probably the former, actually.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love the double standards too.

''Can Shulk run around in his boxer shorts?" ''Sure."

Worrying about underwear is only a thing when it's a woman apparently. Not like a female or gay/bi man might be perving on Shulk or anything. Lol.
Big boobs that look like they shouldnt fit the dress, ect. That I have a problem with, if they are just put there and stand out like a sore thumb. Thats why I have no problem with Samus gym gear and shulks trunks. Now if Samus **** were over huge and sticking out and Shulks **** was the same, Id have a problem with both lol
TLDR: JUST COVER THE GIRLS UP PLEASE And please, realistic breats sizes
Source: Girl

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
How will they handle the PT amiibo

Squirtle and Ivysaur? No Red/Leaf?

Red without Leaf? I shall never forgive them for no FRobin amiibo

Just Red?

2 pack of Leaf and Squirtle and Red and Ivysaur?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Not to make this go way off the rails, but the sexualization of women affects them much more than it does men. To think they are objectified equally would be insane. Have you seen the way women are treated? This even seeps into video games, where a woman's sex appeal is exploited much more than a man's ever is.
Oh no doubt, women's objectifaction certainly goes to a whole other level, but like you said that's just asking for a thread de-rail, because there's a lot I could say about why I believe that is so and surely someone of the male persusasion would get angry by me saying what I had to say.

But in short men objectify women and even other men in a whole different way than a woman would objectify or ogle a man in most cases.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thank you gang...thank you

I'm still hoping Spirits don't necessarily deconfirm, but there's a lot more going against Geno than that right now.
Means a lot that you guys let me know though, really

Putting this on blast
you're not allowed to be sad

let's fight

i'll fight all of you mother****ers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Annoying really is a good word for it. I don't mind overly fanservicey outfits if they look good, like Tharja's. But damn short clothes don't automatically mean attractive especially when combined with all the extra obnoxious **** attached to her. come on Nintendo
Actually as much as I dislike her character, I think Tharja's outfit fits. She lives in the desert and can't handle the cold according to Awakening if she marries Lon'qu at the very least. Her outfit, while skimpy, resembles something people would actually wear to protect them from the desert heat.

Then she wears less in her Heroes Christmas costume so I can just go **** myself I guess
I mean that's down to another thing about society though. Only certain body types are considered ''sex appeal." You know full well Shulk isn't a bad looking dude/character, in fact if he were a real guy, he'd probably look like your standard boyfriend of a lot of women.

Not everyone is looking for Idris Elba for sex appeal (well...you know what I mean.)
It's honestly damaging, yeah. Not just for self-esteem but for standards of other people and how they think certain people SHOULD look like, see the outrage for She-Ra for not having all the girls have the same propertions. The worst men usually get is self-esteem issues and while that's less than women get, it's still terrible to know thinking that some perfectly fine people feel lesser because of TV

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I love the double standards too.

''Can Shulk run around in his boxer shorts?" ''Sure."

Worrying about underwear is only a thing when it's a woman apparently. Not like a female or gay/bi man might be perving on Shulk or anything. Lol.
At least I can rest a bit easier knowing Sakurai is probably even more annoyed about it than we are

(Though he's probably more annoyed about the whole... everything going on right now)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
All this censoring is CERO's fault, not Ninty, even Sakurai was exasperated at them.

-https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/

This is one of my favorite Sakurai quotes. Straight up burning them
Sakurai said:
Underwear is just a piece of fabric. If you’re more worried about something trivial like whether you can see some cloth than whether a game includes firearms, you clearly ought to get your priorities in order.
*insert this gif*

Where's the Burn Heal?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How will they handle the PT amiibo

Squirtle and Ivysaur? No Red/Leaf?

Red without Leaf? I shall never forgive them for no FRobin amiibo

Just Red?

2 pack of Leaf and Squirtle and Red and Ivysaur?
It’ll be a detective pikachu sized amiibo with red and the 3 pokemon

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly won't lie I would be OK with Geno if he came with Mallow... Mallow was my homeboy and I'm disappointed no one talks about him

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, how about them Mega Mans? I haven't seen a ton of footage of him yet, but a couple of his moves got improved, so that's cool. I hope there's more good news in store for him.

And if you had to pick another MM character as DLC, who would you pick. Most people already know I'd pick MMX, but any of the other Mega Men would be cool to me too. Not that any are super likely, but it'd be sick.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I swear all of this spoiling is not part of a master plan, but how is everything going so wrong right now? I know the answer, but you all get the point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What if the entire DLC is just five Robot Masters?
I want:

-Grenade Man
-Torch Man
-Shade Man
-Knight Man
-Drill Man

with Concrete Man, Tundra Man, and Blade Man Assists
-Metal Man - unfortunately, he's incredibly weak in mirror matches
-Gravity Man - his special move reverses the gravity of the stage - himself included
-Clown Man - objectively the best Robot Master
-Top Man - his Top Spin is exactly as effective as it was for Mega Man in MM3
-Sheep Man - clearly a fan-favourite member of the Robot Master line-up

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Another question...do you mean gaming icons as in relevant or in general?
In general. Publically recognizable. It doesn't have to be nearly as much as, say, Sonic, but still up there. MegaMan isn't known to the entire world, but most of it? Definitely. Just for an example. Bayonetta is definitely up there, but not as high as the other 3rd parties. Or at least wasn't at the time of her addition. I feel she's gotten highly recognizable these days. Though it could be that her series being mature might make it a bit harder to give her merchandise in the same way as more kid-friendly characters are.

Not dissing her, of course. Love the character. But I can understand why she might be harder to promote as much worldwide. I hope they certainly do more stuff. Pop Figures, action figures, etc etc.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Rate the DLC lineup #8492
- Dixie Kong (releases March 2019)
- Elma (releases June 2019)
- Twintelle (releases September 2019)
- Doom Marine (releases November 2019)
- Banjo & Kazooie (releases February 2020)
Doomguy AND Banjo-Kazooie? 12/10 - now I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Not familiar with Twintelle, or ARMS in general, but it's a solid line-up. (plus, out of the ARMS characters that I've seen, Spring Man seems like the least interesting one, so any of the playable characters would likely be an improvement)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i will physically in game beat the tears out of all the sad people
nobody except me is allowed to be sad about anything

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Metal Man - unfortunately, he's incredibly weak in mirror matches
-Gravity Man - his special move reverses the gravity of the stage - himself included
-Clown Man - objectively the best Robot Master
-Top Man - his Top Spin is exactly as effective as it was for Mega Man in MM3
-Sheep Man - clearly a fan-favourite member of the Robot Master line-up
**** you Sheep Man is significantly ****ing cooler than people let you believe. His abilities are a reference to Do Androidz Dream Of Electric Sheep and his stage has some of the best ****ing aesthetics I've seen for a Robot Master stage. His theme isn't bad either

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If this DLC pack is what we get then god damn what an amazing pack! Even if I don't care about the last 2 that much. I don't think I could come up with a better pack.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So, how about them Mega Mans? I haven't seen a ton of footage of him yet, but a couple of his moves got improved, so that's cool. I hope there's more good news in store for him.

And if you had to pick another MM character as DLC, who would you pick. Most people already know I'd pick MMX, but any of the other Mega Men would be cool to me too. Not that any are super likely, but it'd be sick.
I'd go for Bass.Exe. He is super cool

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's got Twintelle? I'm happy.
Banjo & Kazooie? Even happier.

Elma and Doom Marine rock too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom