• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
IMO
If it is a best of 1 match, I definitely think that the stages should just be limited to the main 3. Some characters could get kinda ****ed over, floaties on yoshi's, cf on fountain etc for example
If it is best of 3, then 5/6 stages sound ok
stage striking...?
I agree with this a LOT. But I also think it should be best of 3 and there would be enough time for it. First off it would make pools a lot more fairer and secondly most of them would prob go 2-0. Remember at the last one there was bags of time to spare and it started late

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
IMO
If it is a best of 1 match, I definitely think that the stages should just be limited to the main 3. Some characters could get kinda ****ed over, floaties on yoshi's, cf on fountain etc for example
If it is best of 3, then 5/6 stages sound ok
stage striking...?
^^ good ****

next week saturday woo! spread the word!
I put it up on AIB :p

I can't guarantee I will be there next saturay due to my dance stuff being mostly on saturdays but I will still see when the time gets closer.
:O no fuzzy vs Prof final??

i still think you should get doubles in there :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
Prof, u going to JJL's tournament 2morrow? If so, and melee teams happens and fuzzy aint there, wanna team lol?
Or anyone else thats coming wanna team with me, ill team anyone.

Tamoo

Smash Master
twas good times, cheers jjfox, and dont worry, i got all the facts.

And u better be scared lol, we've all improved tonnes
And my search for a partner is off, Im bringing JPM tomorrow

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof, u going to JJL's tournament 2morrow? If so, and melee teams happens and fuzzy aint there, wanna team lol?
Or anyone else thats coming wanna team with me, ill team anyone.
I defintely can't make it. I could of but like at 9:40 I got some text message saying I shoul be going to some dance thing on wednesday instead of the thurs I was meant to be going which is kinda gay lol.

fuzzy is it possible to shotgun a few games with you?
cause i still havnt played against you
(even though I will get *****) lol
JUST ASK HIM WHEN YOU SEE HIM LOL.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Cnt go 2mrw it's either this thing 2mrw or this tournament moneywise if I can sum how find a fiver then ill come lol but I'm also stuck on baby sitting timetable new lil sis was born last Friday so looking after her 2mrw =] sorrry guys but I'll c u at this hopefully

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Apparently I might not be able to make 1st of August after all :(

I might have to go visit my grandfather for his birthday because "He probably won't live until his next birthday" >_>

Fishy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've always wanted to go to a proper melee tourny cause pretty much all my friends (bar two) just c-stick spam and that gets pretty boring. Need to know what its like being truly slaughtered by someone who actually plays competitively :D.

Thinking about going to this one on the 1st then. So its just turn up with controller and at least £4 at 1.30pm? Nothing else you need to do (other then practice :p)? Also can you enter both the melee and brawl tournys?

Lastly; no doubles?

I look forward to getting schooled :D

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just thought I'd say, I don't think id be able to make the 1st, not 100% but its looking unlikely, I'll try to come to the one after but work commitments may get in the way.

However I'm highly likely to make a few London visits during the Summer, so either way I'll be looking forward to some really good games, and seeing if I've pulled ahead/fallen behind anyone.

Tamoo

Smash Master
this tournament was jokes, watch the vids just for the commentary in the finals, i couldnt stop laughing the whole match lol
and well played jjl, its daaaaamn hard playing against a fox who plays against jiggs all the time. **** u jjfox for giving him all this practice, but ur commentary skills more than make up for it :)
I might train up my falco just to play gainst u from now on, my jiggs just cant do it :(

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
loool yeah tamoo sick games today, memba to holla at me about your smashfest aswell :)
and yeah i love the fox vs jiggs match up, my next fav is fox vs falco tho :p JJFox used to play falco :)
and the video has gone all gay :( i dunno i will try and fix it tomoz hopefully i will get them up

Kone

Smash Master
if only it was that easy with peach U_U hard getting that opening with peach against a good falco (jam >_>)

edit - imt hinking of trying to get a car organised to come down to one of these monthlies (then bugger of to brighton) see whos interested :)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
if only it was that easy with peach U_U hard getting that opening with peach against a good falco (jam >_>)
hmm i guess it would be hard against a laser spamming aggresive falco. buts theres that match at genises finals with Mango vs Armada and he managed to CG Mango every stock to a decent percentage.

Personally i would go Falco and choose battlefield against a falco or fox

Kone

Smash Master
Aye but it really aint that easy mate, armada is very good. I find it difficult to find that opening against a good zoning falco. Against a fox/falcon it is easier tho. I generally avoid FD tho cos i find it difficult spacing without platforms ^_^

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nooooooo!
god **** it, that commentary was too epic
scratch lmao, def commentate from the next room in the future, it just isnt fair! lol

Oh yeah, and is there any way that you can send me the video file for me vs jpm?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Nooooooo!
god **** it, that commentary was too epic
scratch lmao, def commentate from the next room in the future, it just isnt fair! lol

Oh yeah, and is there any way that you can send me the video file for me vs jpm?
for some reason as soon as melee came up the tape decided to go ****ed up soooo nothing can be retrieved :( *jon needs proper capture card*

Top Bottom