• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who said I was making this monthly?

And don´t say I did cos I di´ent.

I´m having a smashfest sometime soon after I get back from S.America.

Reserve places and interest now, currently interested:

- Fuzzyness
I guess I am interested as LONGGGG as there is a cheap method to get down there and return and obviously it is on a reasonable date.

And are you making this monthly???

sigh, the uk community is so exhausting, trashtalk here, some badmouthing there. annoying >_>
In comparison to good old 'Let's say nothing and only talk when a smashfest is coming up' European tactics the UK is alot better....

VA

Smash Hero
I'm not sure about the monthly yet, and I'm fairly flexible with the date between 17th of September and 4th of October.

It's BRAWL on the 18th? That's dumb, switch it for melee and I'm more than likely to attend. When is the next melee one otherwise?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp4YKW9CCz0&feature=sub

6:17 Take creative notes Jolteon lol....
and also at 8:30 even though that might not work all the time loool.

Also I NEVERRRRR see you turn to Zelda to float closer to the stage at a higher level and then turn back to sheik lol.
I do it some of the time when I play Sheik cos im sexy like that...
i actually do it very rarely lol, but it doesn't usually come to mind.

at 6:17 i probably would've tried a lightshield edgeguard and then ledgedash and bthrow him but that was sexy lol

VA

Smash Hero
People that will already be there:

Me - Beast - Swizzy (haven't said anything to either of them yet but whatever)

Smashysmashy possibly.

Our new house is smaller than the old one. I want to see if Jam can come. I really want to play charles (not cos it's fun just to see how we go nowadays).

Alex is always a treat to have around as is Prof.

So yeah I think that would be it. If there are more spaces available Wiggum and Phi you guys would be welcome.

I'm really not sure how many people we are going to be able to cater for in our house...we'll have to see I guess.

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman

Smashysmashy possibly.

Our new house is smaller than the old one. I want to see if Jam can come. I really want to play charles (not cos it's fun just to see how we go nowadays).

So yeah I think that would be it. If there are more spaces available Wiggum and Phi you guys would be welcome.

I'm really not sure how many people we are going to be able to cater for in our house...we'll have to see I guess.
We'll set up chairs outside, and a large beach umbrella to keep dry.

Seriously though, let me know, since you live quite far and organizing these things will be a mindgame if it all happens last minute (like SNY -.-)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Smashysmashy possibly.

I don't want to come now that you have shown interest in wanting me to come, i'm twisted like that......jkin lol.

looool At the Charles comment and yeah it will definitely be fun playing you, i've improved and gotten more cocky and silly and OOC so i'm pretty sure you're love me :)

And Jolteon is just playing gayer and attempting to time people out in friendlies....so life is good :)

I didn't make the bracket but were not talking about me :laugh:
Were you even at the tournament............Oh well, I guess unhype, important, or not good people go unnoticed :)

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Probs a bit late but if someone drops out I am def interested VA, as is my ezcap :p

(A fine bribe if you ask me)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think next monthly (definitely not this monthly lol) i'm going to go ALLL falco and a bit peach lol.

Just for to have a bit fun and see how my performance will be with a different character, not that i'm gonna main them or anything.....but just to see how much I will **** :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
I don't think so personally, I've managed to highlight certain areas of my game that need desperate work and I think young link was the perfect character to do this as he would be punished the most out of the roster if I didn't improve, specifially patience, being clinical, fluid and lcancelling lol

J03

Smash Master
i agree, playing peach and marth has concentrated my spacing and patience lots lol. Playing each char how there meant to be played teaches you every area of smash, then you take that to your main and your just adding smarts to experience

Kone

Smash Master
yeah thats fine but i meant in tournament i.e. monthlies. UK needs the experience of tournament pressure as much as possible. Look at how our better players suffered at sny (prof and edwin singles and crews).

Tamoo

Smash Master
Thing is, I never feel pressure at London monthlies, I just find them really relaxed and chilled out so it seems like a perfect opportunity to just have some fun and learn whilst I'm at it. People will never play full out against my y.link in friendlies so I gotta get my fix in tournament

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah thats fine but i meant in tournament i.e. monthlies. UK needs the experience of tournament pressure as much as possible. Look at how our better players suffered at sny (prof and edwin singles and crews).
Every monthly I have gone to I have played all fox.....I want to have one when I just have a bit of fun for once lol.....I know the benefit of getting used to tournament pressure....and I also know the downfall of taken everything seriously lol...

j3ly

Smash Champion
downfall behind taking everything seriously
this is true. lol when i kicked the table at PH2 against warning. anger is difficult to control if u care about a game. i found the best way to avoid getting angry is not allowing the first 'awwwwh man' that leads to the sequence of johns that leads to throwing a pad, out of your mouth. it works

i def shudda won that game v warning tho.. had him on wraps until SD and then super death combo woonwalk uair edgeguard :( so tense

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I actually do alot of dots in general instead of just putting things like a comma or a full stop lol.....(I actually put those dots their wthout even thinking about it looool) dunno why I always do it though lol? :)

VA

Smash Hero
I used to do that all the time too. And say lol a lot.

If prof goes falco I'm definitely going Fox at the monthly.

Also congrats hugo, sounds like you did good. The Samus wasn't aniki was it?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
most people don't have to try that hard to not kick a table or throw their controller.
LOOOOL

I've never even been close to that, the most i've done is drop my controller but that was from me laughing so much lol.

Soooo when you looking to host this thing and you have any idea how to get down there cheapish :( lol????

Top Bottom