• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And whoever gets the first post of each new page should put that into their post lol, catch ppls attention
lol Yeah, I am going to also put it in my posts randomly plus with the people who get the first page people should get the message over the 11 days.

Looking forward to the matches, make sure you put them on here when they are uploaded.

I always bring at least one setup to ranbats/ tournaments. People shouldn't rly think twice about bringing setups, it's the least they can do.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make this. I'll just be there if I can lol and I will obv bring a melee setup.
Hopefully you do make this, OOC crew has stepped up (Out Of Control....my crew) and I would like to see how they would do against you lol.

Yeah My matches! Ridiculous combos NEED to be recorded! And I really want the crew battles to be recorded if possible.
Yeah we are going to get those kinda matches recorded as they need to be, everything important. But that needs to happen at the end of the Melee Grand Finals, it can't happen during it.

Since when did PPro organise these tournaments

Hope you guys have fun
I don't properly organize it, Charles is still sorting it out but he isn't online alot so basically I am his voice since I am online more then he is and just try to sort out the community and sort out how stuff is done lol.

The Lust

Smash Cadet
The lust is lookiong forward to this ranbat because there is going to be lots of people getting ***** by team OOC.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Which Falcon is the one to watch out for when you get in the full mentality of The Lust....the pink or the red one.

They both scare me though :(

GET THERE 12:30AM OR BEFORE 1PM AS WE ARE GOING TO START EARLY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT DUE TO THE LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ATTENDING THIS AND WE NEED TIME TO SORT STUFF OUT.
IF YOU GET THERE LATE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE VENUE BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT (WHICH WASTES YOUR TIME)SO GET THERE ON TIME!

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
GET THERE 12:30AM OR BEFORE 1PM SO GET THERE ON TIME![/COLOR]
Prof if u keep posting that message ppl are gonna think they can come the night before to get crazy practise time, I know I would!

4 Videos of me vs Unreal are up on youtube if anyone wants to check them out. Would be cool if we could get some criticisms / tips / advice on how we play. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mashmehash#p/u/3/yAPGQmridEU

The Lust

Smash Cadet
The lust is full when Its the red falcon, That is when its mad going everywhere doing everthing you cannot escape the red falcon!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

VA

Smash Hero
lol 12:30am, skillz. good that it's starting early, but bad that it could finish late. Hopefully this will be finished early with enough time for me to get back to brighton :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
GET THERE 12:30AM OR BEFORE 1PM AS WE ARE GOING TO START EARLY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT DUE TO THE LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ATTENDING THIS AND WE NEED TIME TO SORT STUFF OUT.
IF YOU GET THERE LATE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE VENUE BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT (WHICH WASTES YOUR TIME)SO GET THERE ON TIME!
does that mean the venue opens at 1??
or opens before 1??
or is that the time the tournament starts??
or what time does the venue itself for us to enter actually open?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yes, 'skillz' indeed

JJL: Im presuming at around 12:30, who cares tho, just get there early, even if the venue is closed, itll be worth it
yeah but i come back from geneva like early in the morning i think and staying up just to wait around is urgh loool

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
does that mean the venue opens at 1??
or opens before 1??
or is that the time the tournament starts??
or what time does the venue itself for us to enter actually open?
The venue prob opens like 11:30 I think or wotever it says on the first page.

But just pay attention to the time I said get there.

Technically the quickest way is to go to Barkingside and walk it (if a bus comes during the walking journey obviously you can get on it) but it's hard to tell people where to walk unless you know the way.

So Gants Hill is prob the best for new people but when we are walking home I can show people the Barkingside way lol.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
The venue prob opens like 11:30 I think or wotever it says on the first page.

But just pay attention to the time I said get there.

Technically the quickest way is to go to Barkingside and walk it (if a bus comes during the walking journey obviously you can get on it) but it's hard to tell people where to walk unless you know the way.

So Gants Hill is prob the best for new people but when we are walking home I can show people the Barkingside way lol.
nvmd.. wrong post

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yeah i dont know the barkingside way myself + i was asking cos of time to set-up and like friendlies for warm ups :)

btw this tournament get sum1 hu knows how to use the thing on tio to assign bracket matches to stations will make things run alot smoother and there will be less delay between matches and t will also minimize the amount of in tournament friendlies (if this is seen as a good idea i can help i do actually know how to use the software well)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just as long as everything is sorted out legitally with fair pools then I am ok with it, just know fixing the brackets manually and people getting dumb byes like last time.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yeah i know this part of the software is entirely designed just to stop un-wanted friendlies being playd during the tournament when tournament matches need to be played....can also make the tournament run way more effieciently and maybe this way we can get some doubles going :p

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Team Out Of Control? I'm down with that... after all we all do bloodlust, tunnel vision, gung ho techiniques!

My manager said I'm gonna get fired if I don't fix up... but I pray he will let me have this day!!!
I'm going to lie and say its my cousin's wedding, I WANNA LEAD TEAM OOC TO VICTORY!!!

LAST DRAGON = **** (ALL BRAINS, NO TECH SKILL TYPE)
GANTZ = **** (ALL TECH SKILL, NO BRAINS TYPE)
PROF = **** (THE ANGRY RUDE TECHNICAL TYPE)
ALPHA DASH = **** (RAPID IMPROVEMENT TYPE)
THE LUST = **** (ITS JUST PURE BLOODLUST MAN)
SLIK = **** (WHERE THE HELL IS HE ANYWAY?)

BTW can anyone do something on the 23rd (Friday) In case I can't come to the ranbat?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah i know this part of the software is entirely designed just to stop un-wanted friendlies being playd during the tournament when tournament matches need to be played....can also make the tournament run way more effieciently and maybe this way we can get some doubles going :p
How can it stop people from playing friendlies lol?

People will always try to play friendlies when they are meant to be playing a tournament game, only people monitoring others can stop this.

Team Out Of Control? I'm down with that... after all we all do bloodlust, tunnel vision, gung ho techiniques!

My manager said I'm gonna get fired if I don't fix up... but I pray he will let me have this day!!!
I'm going to lie and say its my cousin's wedding, I WANNA LEAD TEAM OOC TO VICTORY!!!

looool So true.

Did you make it on time that day lol?
And i'm proud of the lie you have come up with, it will be worth it dawg and if I win this tournament plus all my MM's I will give you the money

OOC ARE GOING TO **** AT THIS EVENT!!!

Our techniques are not understood by our simple minded community, we will show them our individual skills.

Your list of players is completely accurate though lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol I'm not being a prick. Obviously in a normal MM it would be **** (I don't need to point out who would get ***** cos it's obvious) so I am given you a 1 stock advantage....what's so bad about that lol?

We should still do it unless you're scare of losing when you have an advantage cos i think that's the real reason why you dont wanna accept it lol.

Reply ^^^^
it's like the same price as a normal meal or 20p extra i forget, chips/burger/drink. it might have been double-cheeseburger meals I used to get though which could possibly change something lol.

and yes I'm missing it for the expo, I wanted to go on sunday but I have the same problem as Peter where all my friends are going to sat.

last time i met craig charles lool, its a fun day but this seems mad hype whereas last month was average.

BTW can anyone do something on the 23rd (Friday) In case I can't come to the ranbat?
looool sounds ****, this post made me laugh.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
How can it stop people from playing friendlies lol?

People will always try to play friendlies when they are meant to be playing a tournament game, only people monitoring others can stop this.
well basically the programme kinda monitors this itself, it has a list of all stations in the tournament.
then what you do is when you get to knockout stages you assign each match needing to be played to a station when the match is finished they report then another match is assigned...and so forth therefore having all tv's used for tournament matches and none available for friendlies.

but yes this cannot stop people who have be assigned to play each other on a tv from playing a few friendlies 1st. But in theory it works.

really with the amount of people attending fuzzy should have at least 2 or 3 others helping him run the **** thing.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
lool i dont have a laptop but whoever usually brings it has tio on it and i can do it from there i guess, unless of course they know how

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Sorry guys i cant attend this tourney, i know im best in UK at brawl cuz i beat Calzorz, but i dont have the money sorry.

JKS JKS still best in UK

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
mako can you bring your laptop again

otherwise I'll set up the shuttle pc somehow but its annoying to bring

I kinda want help getting a few things to the venue :/ like 2/3 t.vs and a few bags of ****

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol that rhymes Prof loooool

Its true what Prof is saying btw you seriously gotta work some of the techniques i.e wavedash and SHFFL which are two of the important ones at that level.

Especially SHFFL make sure you work on that and come to a monthly to get practice against harder people.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I will get alot of MM's cos I have written mine down so i'm not gonna forget.
I think I got like 8-10 to do.
And all together if I win them it's like 20 pound. Would have been more but some people got scared and reduced them MM's or didn't accept the rising the MM offer I gave them.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
From Trio

"Prof i will give u a MM at Melee, but u gotta 4stock me, its the 4stock challnege man, Charles attempted it, but failed and lost £3 to me"

Top Bottom