• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
events are just not the same without doubles :( is it not possible to do singles no pools and doubles but run it seriously unlike last time i came fuzz ? for brawl anyway try do doubles as singles are running also? dono what meele players wana do if they prefer pools rather than doubles up to them
For someone like you, it doesn't bother you that much if there is no pools cos you know you're going to get through.
But you see for new people who are unlikely to go through it would only be two games for them and they are out the tournament.
We need to give them a chance and PLUS pools are more legit as they construct a fairer bracket unlike manually sorting out a pool so we ARE DOING POOLS!

Pools! I hate it but It would be the better option... Too many people get 'bye's and it more worth the money at least you get to play more matches rather than paying £5 to lose twice and go home. Pools of 8, at least you get 7 games even if you lose them all. Not that I'm goin to lose, I'm gonna deatroy everyone in my pools this month :p but seeing as there is like 20 tvs I dont see why we cant do doubles :S
We might not have enough time for doubles but we will see.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Starting earlier would only work if the time fuzzy has booked the venue for is more flexible. Dunno how possible this is.

And pools should def be bestof3, I dont think there is much point doing pools if it is anything else tbh.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i can house for this but i live a good hours journey away, but im all bless with housing sum1 and playing smash with them

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OK then early with more setups it is.
1:00

BUT SHOW A BIG WARNING FOR IT SO PEOPLE KNOW!

Only dont start on time if I am not there obv as I am pretty much holding this tournament together with just my arrival.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You have the heart of a Londoner.......you ARE a Londoner!

Who's bringing a setup for melee

SO far I know

Professor Pro
Alpha Dash......

There are 20 TV'S We need more setups so if you're bringing one say it now please.

MORE SETUPS = MORE GAMES = POTENTIALLY ANOTHER EVENT OR EVENT FINISHING ON TIME SO WE HAVE A BIGGGGGG GRAND FINALS FOR BOTH GAMES = MORE FUN = MORE GAMES = BETTER COMMUNITY = EVERYONE HAILING PROFESSOR PRO

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Professor Pro
Alpha Dash
NDJ 4/5 setups
Tamoo

So far we got about 8/9
Still need a few more for melee....no idea whats going on for brawl but we need about 3/4 more for melee and then we got the melee sorted out. Of course we could bring more and take brawls setups if they dont have enough wii's which I think everyone know I am happy to do :)

Tamoo - You have to look within to see if you are a Londoner since you've moved out and about lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think Ill take the OutOfLondon route, sounds like more of a laugh lol.

Also, surely fuzzy’s bringing a setup too?

And is Last Dragon ****ing coming to this for a change??
Wanna hurry up and prove who’s better once and for all.

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
I don't care where you have been or what you have learnt since I last faced you, I don't even care you can beat. As long as I knee that jiggs a satisfying no. of times (e.g. 100) I will be happy :) Btw if you don't think ur better than me yet, but you play the game 500x more than I do, just quit the game.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
OK then early with more setups it is.
1:00

BUT SHOW A BIG WARNING FOR IT SO PEOPLE KNOW!

Only dont start on time if I am not there obv as I am pretty much holding this tournament together with just my arrival.
agreed. Earlier start time and stricter about people coming late and the monthly should make good time imo.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Lol last dragon, there’s only doubt im better than you cos of prof’s word.
And tbh mate, I don’t see where you come to the conclusion that I play that much more than you. Considering you’ve been in the community much longer, and ever since I moved to Oxford a while ago, the only time I get to play melee is at tournaments, that was probably not a very fair assumption.
So… you coming then?

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
I will ask for the day off nxt week, but I'm still not sure if I will get it as I am relatively new to this job (havent finished my probation yet). I didn't say you played the game a lot, I said you play it a lot more than me.

Due to me living in stupid kent and having a weekend job I have officially quit competitive smash (singles but not doubles) ...I REALLY don't have the time or passion to get better anymore.

This doesn't mean I can't **** the living hell out of a fox or anyone else that steps to me, I can still show you my moves lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
agreed. Earlier start time and stricter about people coming late and the monthly should make good time imo.
I'm glad you agreed with my post.
Esp the bit of me being late and the tournament having to be delayed :)

Lol last dragon, there’s only doubt im better than you cos of prof’s word.
And tbh mate, I don’t see where you come to the conclusion that I play that much more than you. Considering you’ve been in the community much longer, and ever since I moved to Oxford a while ago, the only time I get to play melee is at tournaments, that was probably not a very fair assumption.
So… you coming then?
Seriously he plays alot less then you (This includes currently and before you moved to oxford), you've been to alot of events and tournaments lately. I have to force this guy to play. He is better then you in terms of how much he plays and his improvement (I heard you and Dave's Gays used to play literally EVERY DAY with each other) and he is better then you in terms of HE WILL FUKING **** YOU!!!

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeah prof i can house lol. but only if the player is good.. i'm not charging money so i at least wanna improve as a result of giving them a bed

ill bring a setup too

Tamoo

Smash Master
You have to force him to play? That doesn’t sound too good….
Regardless of how much he plays these days, he has played a lot, even before our crew came onto the scene. And I don’t think his improvement in the last 6months – a year should be classed amongst the likes of me, dave, Duncan and j3ly, who have actually improved significantly in that timescale to go from complete unknown scrubs/brawlers to placing well at tournaments.
I would like to see this Last Dragon **** tho...

j3ly

Smash Champion
loool, dave got jv5 stocked the other week and is not ready for the mario :p

JkR might be able to bring a setup, if he comes, but hes lazy soo..

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringin a setup just so you know. lol

j3ly we should meet up sometime or ill head up yours and we have some games. :)

I remember our freindlies at the last monthly they were real good.

j3ly

Smash Champion
hmm, were you on the train next to me on the way home? the only falco i remeber playing was Alpha Dashes. Was this on that tv with the sweet falcon who moonwalked alot?

and hell yeah man, add me on msn - ill happily play smash with any man any day

j3ly

Smash Champion
ha, king we need to play properly - we played 2 games 3 tourneys ago and 1.5 games last tourney you came too. Only .5 of a game played against the full force mario and all other games have been 4 on 4.

Ima bend you over and make a mer-link outta mer-you.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
yeah that was me next to you on the train j3ly and i did play you quite a bit that day although i might have been using my fox against you.

yeah man deffo we will have to arrange something.

i added you on msn aswell but i don't think you on.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool, dave got jv5 stocked the other week and is not ready for the mario :p

JkR might be able to bring a setup, if he comes, but hes lazy soo..
What dave did you Jv 5 stock lol?
Do you mean Clockmire..... if so that's very poor lol.

so how much better is the scene now like general player skill coz if its like tamoo then ive got sum work 2 do bout 2 play sum high melee :p
It's getting pretty good anyway in terms of the players which I have played with so far and tamoo but overall im not sure but I have a positive that they are improving?

Hows HYPE's falco anyway cos he improved ridicoulously the last time we played and is he coming to this one?

Tell him I want him to lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Soooo....pools everyone is being done.

This is so everyone gets more games.

WE NEED STILL NEED A FEW MORE SETUPS THOUGH IF PEOPLE WANT THIS TOURNAMENT TO RUN SMOOTH and them to get more games themselves.

Professor Pro - 1 setup
Alpha Dash - 1 setup
NDJ & Friends - 4/5 setups
Tamoo - 1 Setup
J3ly - 1 Setup

....There are 20 tv's

Brawlers how much setups do you lot have...
I will start a list for your game if you want but wouldn't know where to start so Calzors are you getting one?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i cannot bring my setup with me with all the traveling i have to be doing i struggle to fit the things i need with me without a setup , + i throw my bag around alot when im on the 6 hour caoch and stuf it wud only get broke xD

Yeniths

East Midlands!
King are you coming to this? If so how? Just that I'm in west midlands right now to

cong

Smash Journeyman
For brawl set ups

if these people are attending they normally bring a set up

Ixis
Auro
Cloudrain
xatm
me
mako

no clue who brings the other set ups

C.R.Z