• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
hmm =/ shame about not having battlefield and yoshis story, theyre like my favourite stages, but I guess Dreamland will do. Dedfinately going to this. Is anyone holding any smashfests/ practice sessions before this event?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Finall you changed them and made them how they are suppposed to be.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT WARNING - This one actually pisses me off. If someone bans a stage that is on random, DONT TAKE IT OFF OF RANDOM. If the stage comes up just exit it. I saw people doing this and they said they would change it back but when I went on the cube after they forgot to put it back on random.

SERIOUSLY JUST PRESS L+R+A+Start and dont turn off the stage on random!!!

I'm looking forward to this anyway, mainly cos im guaranteed to win it :).

OUT OF LONDON PEOPLE - Im curious who is coming from outside of London for this, brawl and melee. no matter what level you are I still want to know.
So can you say if you're coming to this.
Esp. AmcD, VA and Jo3.

Agree with the reset thing instead of taking it off random. Good to see the old fashion stage format back Charles :)

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info j3ly.

Im sure ill find someone to practice with soon :)

We should try and do teams matches one time becuase team vids are sick.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm planning on coming, although I just found out about a night in Brighton I desperately want to go to. I'll try and fit this in. Where is it this time?

VA

Smash Hero
I can NEVER be bothered with reading, I'd rather someone just told me. lolbut I'll read it for you charles ;)

J03

Smash Master
but then youd have to read their reply =o

EDIT: really gutted about the clashing of the dates for the 24th =/. I want to make november but im more likely to go to PH2. Hopefully the London lot can come to that as its cheap as chips lol.

IF not then i guess ill make the January one =/. not enough smash me thinks.

Also Peeps should be starting to but a little away now for the european tourneys early next year. I know we can make an impression if we get a good turnout.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm planning on coming, although I just found out about a night in Brighton I desperately want to go to. I'll try and fit this in. Where is it this time?
:( You should come to this man, seriously.
This is one of the good ones and the good ones only happen like every 2/3 monthlies which means if you come to the next one it defintely wont be as good as this one.

Plus you have alot of time to go out, you rarely get a chance to play smash with the London lot.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I recommend everyone to come to this one as it's going to be the big one as prof says, expected turnout of at least 50+, possibly 60-80 players!

PLEASE BRING SETUPS OR I WILL KILL! We have so many t.vs there's no excuse

Considering doing pools for melee..maybe brawl

VA

Smash Hero
:( You should come to this man, seriously.
This is one of the good ones and the good ones only happen like every 2/3 monthlies which means if you come to the next one it defintely wont be as good as this one.

Plus you have alot of time to go out, you rarely get a chance to play smash with the London lot.
I will come to this, but I want to be able to get back to Brighton for the evening. So lets get melee done early eh boys?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
it ended at like 9pm last time >_> without pools..

this time I can start about 2pm and sign people up as soon as they get there, venue will only take 5 mins to set up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it ended at like 9pm last time >_> without pools..

this time I can start about 2pm and sign people up as soon as they get there, venue will only take 5 mins to set up
Pools can be done and its because people like to fuck around and play friendlies which leads to me think that we should bring in that system that Aiko did which was if you are caught playing friendlies 3 times when you are meant to be a playing tournament game then you get kicked out of the tournament.

Except we should do it 2 times just to show that people should be paying attention to the tournament and thats it a big event so co-orporation is essential.

Seriously its friendlies and people not paying attention to the tournament.
I always have to walk around and check if people are playing their games and I catch too many people either sitting and watching a game or playing a friendly.

People who play brawl when they apply for melee piss me off cos they waste time and need to hurry and switch between both but I guess that what they have to, but just try to be quick with it

I will gladly walk around and had out warnings to people not playing their games just to get everything done but obviously I have to sort out my pool first.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Pools can be easily monitored because the two top seeds can make sure the two tvs per pool are managed well.
Gets harder in brackets, Im sure that people can go around checking, me and prof are up to it at least.

J03

Smash Master
if you have ten TVs, number them 1-10, If you have 8 bracket matches, run them on the TV's 1-8.

that way people know where theyre playing there matches, so if someones on their TV they just kick them off because tourney matches take priority.

You guys have brains right?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if you have ten TVs, number them 1-10, If you have 8 bracket matches, run them on the TV's 1-8.

that way people know where theyre playing there matches, so if someones on their TV they just kick them off because tourney matches take priority.

You guys have brains right?
Yeah I will tell Charles to do that as I dont actually manage the thing I just help Charles when games need to be done.

Oh yeah and I have no brains its all taken up by my smash skill.

You must have loads of brain though since you lost to Tamoo :).

AmcD

Smash Ace
OUT OF LONDON PEOPLE - Im curious who is coming from outside of London for this, brawl and melee. no matter what level you are I still want to know.
So can you say if you're coming to this.
Esp. AmcD, VA and Jo3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should be there providing I get housed for the 23rd and 24th.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Back to what I said lol....

Pools.....best of 1 or 3?

AmcD - Have you spoke to TC, and Fuzzy about potential housing?

Fuzzy - So what does that mean then lol?
I nwill help you out though cos some people might not listen to me and listen to you and vice versa and plsu two people saying it is better and they will know we have our eyes on them.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah I asked Charles about it he said to ask in this thread which I already have about 2-3 times.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Fuzzy you're a **** for holding this the same day as the Expo....

Dunno what I wanna go to still this or the Expo.

Willz: I'll go the tournament

*Tournament day*: Willz goes to neither tourny or expo

Willz: *insert john here*

Edit: I'll be willing to house someone if theyre in need of it <.<

Calzorz

Smash Lord
events are just not the same without doubles :( is it not possible to do singles no pools and doubles but run it seriously unlike last time i came fuzz ? for brawl anyway try do doubles as singles are running also? dono what meele players wana do if they prefer pools rather than doubles up to them

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Pools! I hate it but It would be the better option... Too many people get 'bye's and it more worth the money at least you get to play more matches rather than paying £5 to lose twice and go home. Pools of 8, at least you get 7 games even if you lose them all. Not that I'm goin to lose, I'm gonna deatroy everyone in my pools this month :p but seeing as there is like 20 tvs I dont see why we cant do doubles :S

Top Bottom